Been Vapin

Fringe Class
lL5bUun.jpg

Volcano improves Herbalizer?

Been Vapin,

grokit

well-worn member
I don't know but I'm still using my first herbie bag, prolly filled it 2/3 dozen times by now and still no leaks. It's a little sticky at first, but it always separates just fine and works great once it's warmed up.

Is that ^ a volcano bag? Oem or rebuilt? Was it hard to attach, and how does it compare?

grokit,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I don't know but I'm still using my first herbie bag, prolly filled it 2/3 dozen times by now and still no leaks. It's a little sticky at first, but it always separates just fine and works great once it's warmed up.

Is that ^ a volcano bag? Oem or rebuilt? Was it hard to attach, and how does it compare?

That's a reylonds turkey bag, I think.
http://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-Oven...1405370286&sr=1-6&keywords=Reynolds+oven+bags

Easy to attach. Less noisey than standard volcano bags and more durable. I like it without the filling chamber in the mix. I do prob about 15 bags a day?

See this post. Herr

The Herbalizer

Last edited:
Been Vapin,
Reactions: grokit

uhranium

does the volcano use quality materials? I am looking for a good plug in vaporizer... I don't want to be using a vape that is offgassing any metals, plastics, or anything harmful...
this post shows how good the volcano is because it is exactly what you're looking for

uhranium,

ArthurDent

I have been loving my Volcano now for a good month, but I am wanting to make the herb chamber a bit smaller. Have there been any ideas on how to do this? Maybe adding something to the chamber to shrink it's size?

ArthurDent,

uhranium

Why do you want to make it smaller?

I'd just say take your bowl to the next home depot and look for metal tubes that just fit inside the chamber

uhranium,

hoptimum

Please look at the picture again.
That is not a Volcano, but it is a Phantom.
The Phantom can be found for as low as 118
at http://www.rakuten.com/prod/phantom...r&adid=29963&gclid=CK7aro2W6b8CFQuCaQodE5gAZg

They're certainly doing everything they can to confuse people into thinking its a Volcano, down to actually calling it a Volcano and showing a filling chamber and valve that looks a lot like the Volcano. But as usual, Vitolo is correct. It's not a Volcano, nor anywhere close

hoptimum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have bought the phantom valve and filling chamber for patients that did not have funds for a valve.
The valve sort of works, but leaks, and must be held in place to fill.
The actual mouthpiece they give free with it comes with no bag, and does look similar to the Volcano bags EZ Valve mouthpiece... but it screws together and apart to change bags.

Vitolo,

hoptimum

Sorry I didn't notiice. And they do make it confusing.
Again sorry about that.

not your fault at all, and thanks for the alert. Like Vitolo, I could spot it right away because I have a Volcano, but to the uninitiated this is a deliberate attempt to deceive customers. You came to the right place for clarification, though, so good on you for that.

Vinnie01

Hey just a few questions
1) is the classic volcano any louder than the digital one? I mean it terms of the fan being on when it's filling bags. I'm concerned about roommates hearing it. I'll be using it in a washroom with the bathroom fan on.
2) do the parts smell much when not in use? I'm assuming the filling chamber smells the most. Dose the base smell when not in use?
I'm hoping to put the chamber etc in a solo airtight case. Worried about the large base unit though.

Would appreciate any help/advice. Going to grab a volcano or herbalizer ... Can't decide.

Vinnie01,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The classic and digital sound identical.
The base unit is completely odor free.... the air moves out of and away from unit.
Keep valve in a bag and a sandwich bag over the mouthpiece, and you will be sealed!

Vitolo,
Reactions: btka

hoptimum

The pump on each makes a fair amount of noise heating up. Also, the easy valve bags are a little noisy filling up. The Volcano is hands down the best bag filler, IMO, but the Herbalizer is more versatile.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Vitolo

grokit

well-worn member
I have bought the phantom valve and filling chamber for patients that did not have funds for a valve.
The valve sort of works, but leaks, and must be held in place to fill.
The actual mouthpiece they give free with it comes with no bag, and does look similar to the Volcano bags EZ Valve mouthpiece... but it screws together and apart to change bags.
I've read that the phantom (& the other volcano k/o, can't remember its name the fuji) folks recommend using volcano valve/bag setups with these units, they assert that this makes the experience equal.
:rolleyes:

grokit,

Musicslv

hello everyone I was wondering if any of you out there do anything to prevent dust from getting into your volcano
I could see how it would be easy to set a coaster or something over the top when not in use maybe the lid to a mason jar or something but wondering if anyone even bothers with this and what they use
One time I sent Storz and Bickel an email suggesting they make such a thing (I use a lid to a jelly jar) They wrote back saying thanks for the suggestion, don't call us we'll call you...

Musicslv,
Reactions: btka

Musicslv

Just received my "new style" ..um.. slip ring for the solid valve, it replaces the one with the ratchet action. Nice! Really streamlines the thing, so much easier to use (once you figure out how) Inexpensive too!

Musicslv,

Resinberg

One time I sent Storz and Bickel an email suggesting they make such a thing (I use a lid to a jelly jar) They wrote back saying thanks for the suggestion, don't call us we'll call you...
I have been using a spray can cap as @Vitolo suggested and it works and looks great the only thing is I usually run my volcano til right before I jump in bed so I don't like to cap it until it cools down completely and I always go to sleep or leave the house before I am able to cap it
Just received my "new style" ..um.. slip ring for the solid valve, it replaces the one with the ratchet action. Nice! Really streamlines the thing, so much easier to use (once you figure out how) Inexpensive too!
can we see a picture where did you get it ?

Top Bottom