Roger D

Vapor Wizard
So... the price of the plating is....?

It's strictly exclusive data !

Roger said:
[...] I've been the happy owner of a S&B's classic volcano for 6 years.

Out of curiosity, how would you charge to :

Remove the volcano logos, with time, a part of it faded around the thermostat and I don't like the material of the printing itself, I'd like to get the cover 100% clean, back to pure stainless steel.

Then gold plate that upper cover to the shiniest rose gold finish [...]

Computer Choppers said:
[...] Removing the text/silk screening on the Volcano is fairly easy. Gold can be applied in a variety of ways. One is simply to use industrial gold over the top of the brushed surface (so the final finish is the same brushed look but in gold). This wouldn't be good for future wear but would cost roughly $350 compared to the other option which is polishing the entire surface and running it through our decorative 24kt gold process (copper, nickel, gold, clear coat) that is $650 USD. We also plate the screws as well.

We do all kinds of things to these Volcanos, even engraving around the entire cone. Pricing is all over the board depending on the details of each job we do. [...]

I hope he doesn't mind the quote, It's good advertisement after all. I'm not interested in the cheaper option and the good one is out of my price range for the moment. I would consider that it would make my volcano a true piece of functional art and history, more than simple standard machine. One day when I'll be loaded I may do it.

I'm already thinking about plating the minivap, that would be sick lol. I'd end up broke as fuck but with the shiniest tools. I love the idea of all that precious materials but I'm far from being able to afford that because of priorities and real life stuff :p I just want it

Last edited:

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
My volcano is having button problems. The green pump button doesn't work unless you giggle around the innards a lot. Should I open it up. Bought it used. One side screw fell out. What kind of weird star shape driver is needed for volcano screws.

Ratm22,

lost nebula

Always Vaping
My volcano is having button problems. The green pump button doesn't work unless you giggle around the innards a lot. Should I open it up. Bought it used. One side screw fell out. What kind of weird star shape driver is needed for volcano screws.

I believe they are Size 8 Torx screws on the Volcano case.

This link may be helpful if your air switch needs replacing : http://depoteco.com/blog/volcano-classic-switch/

Chilled.

Hi all!!

New here as on the path to become smoke free, and feels pretty good.

I spend the last couple of months off weed and since I quit cigs over 3 years now, that means totally smoke free in years. I have to say my lungs feel so totally clean and I feel so much better. I have a volcano classic for at least two years (w/ solid value) and since I was using my EHLE glass bongs, it never got used as would rather smoke.

I have been only vaping since I finished my break and totally not going back to smoking. I have so much energy and each time feels great and last so much longer than when using bongs.

I absolutely love my volcano, I love how it looks and well manufactured and for the use I have had already well worth the money.

Think I will use less weed so, as need way less and can be run through 2-3 times. I have tried a few other vaps (including owning a herboriser) but much prefer this, the quaility of the vap is so good!

idtpx

Hi,

any experience with cleaning volcano unit itself?
I'm using it heavily for two years and I think lot of particles felt straight into the unit. I'm wondering how does it affect air quality.

idtpx,

Vitolo

Vaporist
That which has fallen in does not affect air quality, and does not affect air filter.
Some folks open the unit and use canned air.
I have turned unit (while not "on"... upside down, and tapped... aiming in all directions downward, (like a top starting to fall). I tap unit and get all debris out.
I have blown upward with canned air, but not into center post, only around sides.
I took a shop-vac to the unit once when a chamber opened up and I spilled the entire thing on the screen grid. (I did not and never have opened unit)

Vitolo,

idtpx

That which has fallen in does not affect air quality, and does not affect air filter.
I have turned unit (while not "on"... upside down, and tapped... aiming in all directions downward, (like a top starting to fall). I tap unit and get all debris out.

Do you think tapping unit while upside down is safe?
I'm scared because I think it could loose some parts inside

idtpx,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I believe they are Size 8 Torx screws on the Volcano case.

This link may be helpful if your air switch needs replacing : http://depoteco.com/blog/volcano-classic-switch/

I have the digital volcano and it has security hex screws. Which is what was keeping from fixing my volcano.
I instead used vice grips to loosen the screws. The top came off and everything looked good inside. I fiddle with the green switch with no luck. I figured i would need to replace it so I popped it out. I noticed 4 prongs on the switch. I switched the two bottom cables to the top of the switch and now the pump activates!

dhtiznl.jpg

Now its time to fill a turkey bag!

Ratm22,
Reactions: Vitolo

zor

I live in a state where vape-able products can be hard to come by, so I have taken to optimizing my consumption as much as possible. Ive been borrowing a friend's volcano for the past year and I can't believe how effective it has been in this regard (ever-increasing tolerance notwithstanding :().

I scoop just enough ground material to cover the bottom screen, vape at 6.5 for one bag, 9, for a second, and then store the poo for firecrackers (1-2g per cracker sandwich, I use saltines and nutella). Kief falls through the grinder and I pop some of that into a pollen press or my palm 2.0). Effectively, I get a few doses per given amount! Comparing the effects of vaped vs untouched herb in a firecracker and I can't really detect a difference, and additionally vaping between 7 and 9 doesn't seem to yield any detectable effect.

Man, I love this thing! Any suggestions are more than welcome!

zor,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
From the ad... we can no longer see the details since item is "sold"....
From picture, you do not need starter "SET", but likely need bags (at least one) for the "EASY VALVE"
The unit has what appears to be a legitimate S&B Valve (from the gaskets color with image enlarged).
You got a screamin' deal!

Vitolo,

jerseydvd

From the ad... we can no longer see the details since item is "sold"....
From picture, you do not need starter "SET", but likely need bags (at least one) for the "EASY VALVE"
The unit has what appears to be a legitimate S&B Valve (from the gaskets color with image enlarged).
You got a screamin' deal!

Should be here tomorrow, hope it works properly! The guy selling had 100% rating (with almost 1000 reviewers, and it has a 14 day return policy, so I'm not worried)

Think I finally got lucky on something!

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Should be here tomorrow, hope it works properly! The guy selling had 100% rating (with almost 1000 reviewers, and it has a 14 day return policy, so I'm not worried)

Think I finally got lucky on something!

For some reason this caught my eye and I checked out the Ebay dealer.

Looks like he is a pawn shop cause all his other listings are guitars, tools, watches. Shit like that. Probably some guy bought a Volcano and then his wife said the rent's due bitch. His loss is your gain. :tup::rockon:

jerseydvd

Any tips or tricks? Would using the liquid pad with smaller amounts work well like with the Plenty?
(I'd try it, but my eBay special didn't come with said liquid pad...)
Also, what temp do you all hover around?
Thanks!!

Jersey

jerseydvd,

hoptimum

Any tips or tricks? Would using the liquid pad with smaller amounts work well like with the Plenty?
(I'd try it, but my eBay special didn't come with said liquid pad...)
Also, what temp do you all hover around?
Thanks!!

Jersey

Looks like you got the easy valve, which I prefer personally. You will have to buy bags. They're about $10 apiece, 6 for $60, I think, and are meant to be disposable. You can replace them with turkey size oven bags, however. Google changing volcano easy valve bags. Not sure if video king Vitolo did that video.

hoptimum,

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
Hey guys, I recently got a good deal on a volcano classic, and today I got to try it out.....I experimented with temperatures 6-8 and got decent density 1st&2nd bag each time, but after that the bags are really thin, even with a stir..........and the avb stays yelloweygreen.
tried different grinds, dont know what im doing wrong

kahlilhc,

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Hey guys, I recently got a good deal on a volcano classic, and today I got to try it out.....I experimented with temperatures 6-8 and got decent density 1st&2nd bag each time, but after that the bags are really thin, even with a stir..........and the avb stays yelloweygreen.
Keep turning the temp up to get all of the extracts out.

NinjaMindTriks,

hoptimum

For bag 3 try mixing in a little freshly ground herb

hoptimum,
Top Bottom