• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vitolo

Vaporist
No.
My concern is that it does not make a seal.
I feel that the bags fill slower. I sense leakage.
The plastics may very well be inferior, but are not in the vapor path.

Tweek

No.
My concern is that it does not make a seal.
I feel that the bags fill slower. I sense leakage.
The plastics may very well be inferior, but are not in the vapor path.

How are the plastics not in the vapor path? Isn't the bowl and valve made out of plastic? I know there is a metal ring on the inside of the bowl, but if the seal is not tight, I would imagine any off gassing can make it's way in, if it is cheap plastic.

Tweek,
Reactions: Roger D

Vitolo

Vaporist
The chamber is the only thing "in" the vapor path.
It is all metal. Metal enclosed in metal... sitting in a plastic housing.
The housing of plastic holds the ALL METAL chamber and vapor path together.
This does not leak.
I already said I detect weak flow due to a leak.
That leak is from the volcano, where the unit is not snug.
The air is blowing outward.. leaking from the plastic to outside.
That is the trouble the bag fills a bit slowly, as I feel the air escaping.
In a physical sense no "plastic involved hot air" moves in that direction at all.
all excess air escapes as does a tiny bit of the vapor as well.
I do have a great idea though...
If concerned at all, avoid purchasing this unit.
My summary was that it must be held in place manually, as it is not snug enough.
After a demo to a few Volcano Owners... all flaws seen and discussed, one
patient wanted the knock off to save money, the others ordered the OEM part.

Tweek

I do have a great idea though...
If concerned at all, avoid purchasing this unit....

My summary was that it must be held in place manually, as it is not snug enough.
After a demo to a few Volcano Owners... all flaws seen and discussed, one
patient wanted the knock off to save money, the others ordered the OEM part.

Well..here is my great idea: don't buy something for the benefit of reviewing it for us, if you are going to get upset over an honest question. Alot of people buy a Volcano because they want a well built and safe vape to use. My innocent question about off gassing is one that many users would be interested in.

Won't trouble you anymore. :rolleyes:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was simply being straight forward and answering your questions with direct answers...
There was no cause to politely tiptoe around my answer, so I gave it.
Well..here is my great idea: don't buy something for the benefit of reviewing it for us......
Perhaps you misunderstood... I did not buy this to review it for anyone.
Someone gave the link.. and ..
We will sure find out.
I just ordered one!
I ordered it for a live demo for a small group of patients that own Volcanos.
I am sorry you take my directness to heart in a way that is not positive. I apologize if I caused you distress.

Tweek

I was simply being straight forward and answering your questions with direct answers...
There was no cause to politely tiptoe around my answer, so I gave it.

Perhaps you misunderstood... I did not buy this to review it for anyone.
Someone gave the link.. and ..

I ordered it for a live demo for a small group of patients that own Volcanos.
I am sorry you take my directness to heart in a way that is not positive. I apologize if I caused you distress.

Not causing me distress Vito, but I see alot of passive aggressive posts like this from various members. I am more than likely guilty of this myself. It's not cool in my books, and one of the reasons I am choosing not to frequent this forum as much as I once loved to.

Apology accepted and no hard feelings.

Thanks.

lwien

It's not cool in my books, and one of the reasons I am choosing not to frequent this forum as much as I once loved to.

What????!!?? Passive-aggressive? I've never seen you do that Tweek, nor have I seen an over abundance of it here. Oh, there's some, but for the most part, when the members here want to be aggressive, there's not much passivity that's mixed in with it. On the other hand, maybe I'm just blind to it (lol........I guess this last statement could be taken as being a bit passive-aggressive as well, eh? Fuck, even this last question could be passive-aggressive.)

See what ya did Tweek. Now ya got me obsessing and second guessing myself over this shit.

Get the fucking love back, Tweek, otherwise I'm gonna have to beat the shit outta you. :goon:

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is all in interpretation of words, and what your mindset is at the time you interpret.

About the Valves.
It is the only after market valve I have ever seen.
The chamber seems good, but the external housing appears may not last long.. I can't tell.
The patient that got that valve paid 20 bucks for it.
They have had it for today, used it a great deal...and I just spoke with them.. they are happy with it.
I was not happy with it.
I had to keep my hand on it to keep the weight of the bag from tipping it over.

Vitolo,
Reactions: CentiZen

lwien

It is all in interpretation of words, and what your mindset is at the time you interpret.

I know this conversation is a bit off topic but I gotta add to your statement Vito that it is not ALL in the interpretation and mindset of the receiver, but it is also in the way the originator framed his or her content.

I've always been of the mindset that it is the responsibility of the one who is communicating to make sure that their communication is true to their intent, rather than the responsibility of the one who is on the receiving end................especially when you're talking about the written word being that it is completely void of any visual clues, which is so important in communicating intent.

But back on topic. I hate bag vapes. ;)

Tweek

What????!!?? Passive-aggressive? I've never seen you do that Tweek, nor have I seen an over abundance of it here. Oh, there's some, but for the most part, when the members here want to be aggressive, there's not much passivity that's mixed in with it. On the other hand, maybe I'm just blind to it (lol........I guess this last statement could be taken as being a bit passive-aggressive as well, eh? Fuck, even this last question could be passive-aggressive.)

See what ya did Tweek. Now ya got me obsessing and second guessing myself over this shit.

Get the fucking love back, Tweek, otherwise I'm gonna have to beat the shit outta you. :goon:

It's impossible for me not to love Vito. When two Italians meet, there is always fireworks.

A bump in the road, no hard feelings.

TheRamblingSoul

My friend and I want to split on getting a Volcano. Where is the best place to look for a used Volcano, preferably digital vs analog?

TheRamblingSoul,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Are you located in the United States? Are you looking for the Classic or the Digital?

Deadshort480,

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
I bought mine on EBay. If you go that route make sure the seller has a decent amount of positive feedback. Never buy anything that expensive from someone little or no feedback. I got a great deal with lots of extras.

tikimaize,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have gotten a few Volcanos for friends on Craigslist.
That would be local, and you can see and test before buying.

Vitolo,
Reactions: aj0125

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
I hope beyond hope that S&B makes a new bag system. I think one system that has the best of both worlds combined would be so ideal. Replaceable bags on a chamber that clips on like the Easy. Chamber size from the Solid, but the width of the Easy chamber. But the Solid collects goodness, and the Easy ... just nothing. 'Quickly Sticky' bags for sure. The Solid valve is just too heavy...and I I have to hold it on the vape each time. That can't be normal? And to top it off, design the system to enable goo extraction. We all do it, they know we do, so step up and help us out S&B!

I'm needy, no doubt.

Captain Comply

Wellness over intoxication
Hello I am new to posting but have been lurking here for a few weeks. I have had very positive experiences dealing direct with S&B. They have an office in CA. Their repair department is first class. I had to send them my Digi for a repair and they overhauled my whole unit. It was past the warranty and did have to pay a little labor but all well worth it. Perhaps you might look at this as an option. IMO air would be noticeable escaping from other areas. Perhaps new gaskets would do you some justice.

Hey that was fun!

Tracido

I ordered mine online, got the digital with the carrying case. It has been the best investment I've ever put money into for my medicine. I'm not sure I can share links but I paid less than 700 for everything plus extra components and replacement stuffs.

Worth every single penny...
Digital Volcano Vaporizer With Solid Valve Set
(Shipping: Free Next Day Shipping - US Only , Select Free Case: Black VapeCase Soft Case ) VDSV101 1 $669.00 USD $669.00 USD

Edim

Hello all,

I've had my Volcano for about two years now and love it. Recently I've become enamored with the idea of hooking up my Easy Valve to my water pipe(1) so that I could get water-pipe-like hits all at once instead of sucking them slowly through a bag. I intend to use this medical-grade, NSF-51-compliant, peroxide-cured Tygon 3355 Sanitary Silicone tubing that seems to be popular for this, and is rated to 400°F(2)*. Which size borosilicate adaptors and tube width(3) would I need for this?

Incidentally, I called Storz & Bickel and asked them why their bags are so loud. They explained that their plastic bags are rated for high temperature (500°F) and do not include softeners (I presume that plastic softeners would vaporize at a lower temperature than the one above, and that's why S&B's bags don't use them).

Disclaimer: To their credit, they explicitly stated that they can not recommend hooking the Volcano up to tubing or otherwise using it in ways other than those for which it was designed.

Thanks!
Edim Ashirim

-------------
References:

1. Water pipe: http://www.brotherswithglass.com/C2_Custom_Creations_18_in_Natural_Perc_Water_Pipe_p/bwg-ccstl1.htm

2. Tygon 3355 datasheet, from the manufacturer: http://www.biopharm.saint-gobain.com/en/Products/PDFs/Tygon3350.pdf

3. Chart of Tygon 3355 silicone tubing widths: http://k-mac-plastics.net/tygon-3350.htm

* The manufacturer's page says 500°F here: http://www.biopharm.saint-gobain.com/en/Products.asp?ID=39, yet their datasheet PDF says 400°F. I do not understand this discrepancy.

Last edited:

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Hey S & B, how about a dedicated part inside the valve that is designed for particulate collection. Sure you can soak or scrape blindly, but how about something with maybe tool that is made to directly harvest. Its possible. Britney Schpears has her own cereal, so surely anything is possible.

Vapetologist,
Reactions: Roger D

sal69

About the Chamber and leaking problems i can say the following. I have been using my Volcano on a daily basis for about a year. I never had any leakage from the chamber, all leakage i had was from ripping a hole in the balloon, that happened once to me.
After a year or so of permanent usage i had to start replacing parts of the solid-valve. The part that you click into the chamber or mouthpiece was no longer holding it firmly and finally broke so i had to replace it. But not even when the part was really old and no longer firmly locking things together any leakage occurred.

There are some things you should consider before getting a volcano
-) If you dont like to have any noise while vaping stay away from it, the balloon is like a bag of chips soundwise.
-) You need to use the bags, there is no real alternative here.
-) You will inhale a lot of dry air, make sure you moisture yourself (have something to drink ready)
+) Results are extremely consistent even for complete vapor newbies. You cannot really destroy your bowl by sucking at the wrong intensity like in many other vapes.
+) Maintenance - This is really a huge point, there is nearly nothing to clean there. Once a month i clean all value parts and the chamber and change the balloon. Other than that no cleaning is necessary.
+) Easy of use: Once the bag is full with vapor you do not need to concentrate at all for using this thing. You cannot destroy the bag or value easily by dropping it, hell you can even throw it across the room to a friend, but make sure not to hit him on the head =).
+) Very accurate temp control allows you to extract exactly what you want from the herb. To my information there is no other vape coming close to temp accuracy of a volcano digital.
+) Build quality is sensational, my LSV looks like a cheap toy next to it ...

Captain Comply

Greetings FC Peeps!

At the advice of some super smart people on this forum I began to run my bags through an old glass bong i had. It is a straight stem without any diffusion old school style. It works well but lacks in comfort. I have to hunch over to draw of the bong.

I have been thinking of a mini hydrator like the one from the contest last month. I wrote those guys a PM over the weekend and haven't herd anything back as of yet. Hey does anyone know if we get a discount through them?

so im looking for some kind of set up for my solid valve cano. I see the gong for the easy valve but to buy a easy valve set is a bit pricey.

Please weigh in I really want to buy something soon. My needs are- being able to sit and hold glass and bag comfortably while watching TV. I don't want to get wet either.

I wonder what's better a hydrator or a tube? I've never tried anything like that.

I am getting great results on my Cano after changing up my game a bit thanks to some of you here in FC!

Enjoy your day, Wellness over Intoxication. I just like to feel really well.

Captain Comply

Good Morning FC friends !

After receiving 2 likes and no advice I took my own advice and ordered a Mini Hydrator from Vapor Warehouse. Oh that sounded bitter. I'm not I'm really excited.

I private messaged vapor warehouse at the beginning of the week and they got back to me with the discount code for FC members. I ordered a mini hydrator and the total price shipped express came out to $89. Hooray no tax!

I also wanted to point out how amazed I was, literally took seven minutes from me placing the order to receiving an email from vapor warehouse notifying me that my product was packed and awaiting shipping. Nice and easy and fast. Oh I also was able to pay with pay pal and I love that. I do a little selling on eBay and I love using my PayPal dollars for things like this.

Anyway I'll report back once I get the Highdrator to let everyone know how it works with my cano. I love awaiting presents in the mail hooray me!

Top Bottom