grogazola

What’s everyone’s preferred dial setting / temperature? I’m digging on 8

Also, probably super basic, I don’t have the fine screens yet...some weed has fallen through the screen I believe?

I re-grind that sweet sweet ABV for a last max temp bag and I think some falls through.

How can I release these “soils”?

joner

What’s everyone’s preferred dial setting / temperature? I’m digging on 8

Also, probably super basic, I don’t have the fine screens yet...some weed has fallen through the screen I believe?

I re-grind that sweet sweet ABV for a last max temp bag and I think some falls through.

How can I release these “soils”?

I start around 6-6.5, and usually a second around 6.5-7. Anything after that I find gets weird; I've emptied the bag a few times on the third go round. Then I dump the avb for future debauc

grogazola

Ouuuui I find I like to get quite freaky pretty quickly if I might say so myself lol

8 is where I’ve been starting tonight

when them buds is spent, I dump, or I set aside for plenty, orrrrr

I grind them ABV buds and I crank it to 9 and I get this freakyyyy bag i love herrrr

but yeah, that (freaky) final bag when I re-grind abv seems to be falling through the screen - definitely want to give it a brushing

how do you remove the plastic part(?) that gives access to the heat shield?*

* the part on the volcano unit with the black plastic circle - that connects to the bowl - I’ve heard it’s harder on the new volcano classics...

david8613

I have taken my classic apart when I had it for a quick cleaning and air out. That black ring twist off counter clock wise but it not easy, it takes quit a bit of force to get off. Just take you time little by little and it will come off. You might as well take off the cone while your at it not hard at all, you can wipe stuff down and blow air and brush her out. Lots of you tube videos on it, I believe it's called volcano tips.

grogazola

I have taken my classic apart when I had it for a quick cleaning and air out. That black ring twist off counter clock wise but it not easy, it takes quit a bit of force to get off. Just take you time little by little and it will come off. You might as well take off the cone while your at it not hard at all, you can wipe stuff down and blow air and brush her out. Lots of you tube videos on it, I believe it's called volcano tips.

Thank you!

People keep saying you’ll void your warranty. Can SB tell if it has been opened?

Can I give it a wipe off if I simply remove the screws? I don’t want to disassemble anything else besides the screws

Edit - which screwdriver head again?

blackstone

I didn't know that black ring comes off,
But to clean there I just raised that screen slightly with a pick, push the brush bristles in and/or blow air there hard as you can. Mostly while the fan and the heat is on probably also helps.

.You might as well take off the cone while your at it not hard at all, you can wipe stuff down and blow air and brush her out.

Most important is a reminder to first plug out the unit if you do this!
Don't wanna be that uncomfortable over some dust!

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Thank you!

People keep saying you’ll void your warranty. Can SB tell if it has been opened?

Can I give it a wipe off if I simply remove the screws? I don’t want to disassemble anything else besides the screws

Edit - which screwdriver head again?
Classic requires a standard T8 driver and the digital requires a T8 Torx Security screwdriver with the hole. You can use the T8 Torx Security screwdriver with the hole for both.:tup:

Last edited:

grogazola

I think I accidentally cleaned it?? lol

I got super medicated and forgot the bowl on the heater, dial 8, fifteen minutes. basically the bowl was just heatsinking to the max!

I definitely said letssss get ittttt - and promptly smashed the air switch and blew two bags

when I took the second bag off the heat shield released some vapor and the heat shield looks a little cleaner...

I think it just got beyond hot. when I blew the two bags it went down the holes in the heat sink?? Where do those holes lead to lol??

The one thing I’m sure of is that this pink tuna I have rn is soooo good with Pink Floyd!!! :peace::peace::peace:

edit - obviously the .2 that I puffed four bags on still has some life yet in it! what a sensual vape! wish I got it years ago!

grogazola,

Vape_Or_Die420

I am really not sure i am going to be able to unscrew the top ring off the volcano. Its on there really good. Over the years some fine powder has made it down there but won't blow tout. Just gets stuck at the screen.

Yall sure it comes off?

david8613

Top ring could be stuck with resin, mine was. Take q tip with alchohol run it around ring a few times, its tough to take off, little by little it will come off.

grogazola

Could someone share their bag replacing technique?

In my easy valve set, only one if the bags came with the thick black ring...here’s a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/2IfEIPz

I can not pry the orange part off of the bag (I probably shouldn’t have cut that one bag off)

I’m losing my mind lol how do you guys change your bags??

edit - sorry again for the noob question but I can only find a couple of easy valve videos online

I’ve sort it chipped the plastic part inside the orange valve. I don’t mind rebuying but I was hoping to replace the bags...

Last edited:
grogazola,

stressed

I had been using my herbalizer while waiting for the volcano to get here. its worked perfectly for years. never had a problem.

One day after ordering the volcano classic, my herbalizer started doing weird stuff. too many things to explain but all due to the software. it's like it's on lsd, whiskey and space dust. it is unuseable.

one day after I ordered it's replacement... Coincidence? I think not! :)

UPS says it won't be here until jan 7th. 9 or 10 days for deliver? that's obscene. I thought I went with a delivery that would get it here in 3 to 5 days. never again. fed ex or nothing!

Vape_Or_Die420

I feel terrible for some of the issues the hybrid owners are dealing with. Brave soldiers for dropping $700 for the latest and greatest. Someday i will get one too, believe me, way after they get all this sorted out. Learned the hard way when i bought the 724th mighty, had a couple minor issues. No big deal in retrospect.

But it makes me even more proud of my 11 year old classic. The original design is just better thought out. I wonder what similar issues the first adopters of the og classic had when it first came out?

grogazola

Not sure if there were issues!

But the Classic is basically like a 90s Evo/NSX/Supra. Its a legend!

What tips tricks did you learn about the mighty, @Vape_Or_Die420 ?? I’m staring to get the hang of it but it’s kinda of annoying

Vape_Or_Die420

I used a fine grind at 365F to 370F, same as my classic. Always produced great vapor. #1 thing to make the experience the best is to stay on top of cleaning the cooling unit. A fresh cooling unit is where its at.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: grogazola

grogazola

I used a fine grind at 365F to 370F, same as my classic. Always produced great vapor. #1 thing to make the experience the best is to stay on top of cleaning the cooling unit. A fresh cooling unit is where its at.

what I love about the volcano classic is how easy it is to use. you can toss a .1 max it out and you have a nice bag.

what’s your technique to get similar vapour out of a mighty as a .15 maxed out on a mighty? or am I asking too much out of the mighty?

grogazola,

WakeVape&Bake

I feel terrible for some of the issues the hybrid owners are dealing with. Brave soldiers for dropping $700 for the latest and greatest. Someday i will get one too, believe me, way after they get all this sorted out. Learned the hard way when i bought the 724th mighty, had a couple minor issues. No big deal in retrospect.

But it makes me even more proud of my 11 year old classic. The original design is just better thought out. I wonder what similar issues the first adopters of the og classic had when it first came out?

was a lot of learning money for what is essentially an expensive paper weight at the moment. i am curious to hear from S & B officially about a solution. maybe i can use the device as a hairdryer in the meantime

i will definitely not buy any electronic vape in the beginning months again though and S & B´s reputation is definitely not the same as before this Hybrid letdown to me.

Top Bottom