david8613

The hoses inside are a nice grade of silicone so don’t just put vinyl inside.

The born on day should be on the inside of the hood written in marker.

I read that somewhere that the born on date is supposed to be on the inside of the hood, but mine did not have any markings at all. I did find it on the box as mentioned earlier. must be something they stopped doing, my volcano is dated 2016 maybe prior years they did mark the inside with date.

david8613

Some say the classic is more durable than digital volcano, those who have had both how true is this? I hear the digital is a little more accurate In temperature is it noticeable?

david8613,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

justcametomind

The downside of the classic imho is that it hasn’t automatic shut off after 30 minutes.
When I use cannabis I tend to forget things like shutting vapes off so that’s a useful feature for me. Some folks need to keep it on all day so the classic is the best option but I don’t.

justcametomind,

david8613

The downside of the classic imho is that it hasn’t automatic shut off after 30 minutes.
When I use cannabis I tend to forget things like shutting vapes off so that’s a useful feature for me. Some folks need to keep it on all day so the classic is the best option but I don’t.

The digital has that half hour auto shut off.

david8613,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Is there anything like the obsidian water bubbler that works with the volcano classic? I'd really rather not have to switch to easy valve to add hydration, but I've been debating it as I'm less and less enthused by my other daily driver.

david8613

Is there anything like the obsidian water bubbler that works with the volcano classic? I'd really rather not have to switch to easy valve to add hydration, but I've been debating it as I'm less and less enthused by my other daily driver.

I asked this question and they said yes it will work, but it does not lock on to unit like the hybrid, I believe you have to becareful or it will come off unit, you might have to keep hand on it, which is not optimal.

Vape_Or_Die420

Has anyone every had any serious issues, breakdowns etc with the classic? After 11 years i am wondering when it will kick the bucket.

Vape_Or_Die420,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Has anyone every had any serious issues, breakdowns etc with the classic? After 11 years i am wondering when it will kick the bucket.

Mine takes a long time to fill a bag which seems to have really compromised the flavor; and a replacement pump costs as much as working units can be found for so it sits in the closet. IDK what to do with it lol.

invertedisdead,

Baron23

Mine takes a long time to fill a bag which seems to have really compromised the flavor; and a replacement pump costs as much as working units can be found for so it sits in the closet. IDK what to do with it lol.
Have you checked the air filter as possible source of slow air flow??

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Have you checked the air filter as possible source of slow air flow??

Yeah, I gave the whole thing a deep cleaning when all the screws rattled loose and I was able to get inside. I also checked the hoses connecting the pump to the heater, and even cleaned the screen on top of the heater to make sure it wasn't creating restriction there, but still no improvement. I'm using the solid valve with a recently replaced housing, when I shine light on the bag while filling it looks like everything is sealed well but it just pumps slow, swear it takes 4 or 5 minutes to fill an XL turkey bag. A little faster on a smaller bag but still slow, it works but it just feels/tastes like it's cooking the herb for too long.

Vape_Or_Die420

Yeah, I gave the whole thing a deep cleaning when all the screws rattled loose and I was able to get inside. I also checked the hoses connecting the pump to the heater, and even cleaned the screen on top of the heater to make sure it wasn't creating restriction there, but still no improvement. I'm using the solid valve with a recently replaced housing, when I shine light on the bag while filling it looks like everything is sealed well but it just pumps slow, swear it takes 4 or 5 minutes to fill an XL turkey bag. A little faster on a smaller bag but still slow, it works but it just feels/tastes like it's cooking the herb for too long.

Did that issue come on gradually or all of a sudden?

Vape_Or_Die420,

grogazola

Hey I think I’m twenty years late to the party, but I just ordered my first Volcano! :)

I ordered the Classic at a great deal on Cyber Monday.

I feel like such a 90s kid. I needed the analog!

Apologize for the car comparison, but the Classic is indeed such a classic!!! It’s like a 90s NSX or EVO or Supra that I remember as a youngin being like I NEED that. The Classic reminds me of a simpler time!

I know the Hybrid is the new kid on the block, but I just want that OG vibe! :peace:

grogazola

It’s here!

What’s everyone’s set up looking like!

I was thinking of getting her a rolling tray (as a throne lol) so the intake would have its own personal space lol

Am I overthinking it? Would that restrict air? I think it would be good for the volcano (and my ocd!) for it to have its own little personal space/rolling tray/throne

I am so happy to be nicotine free! The volcano is my gift to celebrate no more nicotine!

I was once smoking moles/yachts/pops and to get off of them I started collecting nice glass pieces - which I knew I’d never destroy with pops! I picked up a few vapes like the EQ (meh) to quit combustion but was still vaping e cigarettes

I picked up a Fierce and Plenty to quit nicotine and it’s really helped as it’s been sixteen days without nicotine! Add an OG volcano into the mix!!! Let’s gooooo!

I have such a cool collection running right meow! I’m going to pick up some cool trays for all my little ashtrays and accessories and my den is going to be the ultimate sesh spot! Even got some smart lighting and an echo in there ;)

Would having a large ocb or raw tray for the volcano restrict airflow? Trying to make sure no crap gets sucked up too!!!

grogazola

Ah, yeah...probably. haha

But, we are all entitled to our obsessions. I certainly have mine. Cheers
Thank you! I’m just so excited lol

I bought my volcano at an insane deal and I don’t know how it possible. I paid $390 CAD all in when they usually go for $625 CAD

there are a couple scratches on the black base on my day old volcano. could that normal? at $390 all in I wouldn’t be surprised it was a refurbished!

edit - nothing major just got my ocd flaring up!
https://imgur.com/a/8pcdebD

Last edited:

david8613

I posted this on the volcano hybrid forum already, but I figured I would post the question here too. I'm sure there alot more volcano classic users in the world than hybrids. I had the volcsmo classic which I loved dearly but sold it to catch a black Friday deal for the new hybrid. I'm interested in getting a cooling unit for my hybrid and was looking at the magma industries devices. Who here has experience with them? Which model do you have? Is the obsidian really worth the asking price. Is having 2 stages of obsidian vs the magma having only one a big difference? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Top Bottom