tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Now you're talking our language ;) All of our bubblers work on all Easy and Hybrid Valve assemblies. When used with a Volcano Hybrid, all of our bubblers are also compatible with the whip as well. I, personally, prefer the bubbler going straight into the bag, but I have friends/co-workers that absolutely love the whip as well. I'm not won over yet, but it has its advocates :)

Do you have a link to the FC discount for the Magna or do I have to wait till black Friday? Cool either way no worries

tennisguru1,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Do you have a link to the FC discount for the Magna or do I have to wait till black Friday? Cool either way no worries
You can enter VIP10 on our website for a chunk off your total! We don't usually do sales for Black Friday, or at least not larger than what the above discount will get you, so the code is probably your best bet without having to wait :)

dunwich

What to do with all the stuff that adds up in the Volcano chamber - can it be used for edibles?
Would it be possible to let the Volcano Easy Valve Filling Chamber soak in warm cream and extract all the goodness that has piled up in it?

Edit: Talking about the metal chamber of course.

Last edited:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
What to do with all the stuff that adds up in the Volcano chamber - can it be used for edibles?
Would it be possible to let the Volcano Easy Valve Filling Chamber soak in warm cream and extract all the goodness that has piled up in it?

Edit: Talking about the metal chamber of course.
We do exactly this, along with our Obsidian bubbler (it grabs a TON of golden honey goodness), and it makes some super strong edibles. If you make cream, try it in some hot chocolate. It’s divine!

david8613

ok good thinking!

I am a total noob when it comes to the volcano. I saw that bubbler attachment will that fit the volcano classic? are there any mods to run a hybrid whip on the classic, I love the way the whip looks and works on the hybrid, looks like it works really well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
picking up a used classic today, anything I should look out for, anyrhing to check for before purchase? I am very excited always wanted a volcano.
The stock bags are on the smallish side, for me.
A roll of the S&B bag material makes a four foot daily driver and a six foot(party) bag, and you can save the original ones for guests. The mouth piece of the originals can be reused, the o ring is tricky to remove, but doable.
For denser bags, add more weed.
I really started liking the volcano after I stopped trying to limit how much weed to use with it. Love watching the dense vapor swirl and dance as it's filling up.

What I wonder about is what we might miss not having a solid valve? Any pros the solid valve has over the Easy Valve?

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I am a total noob when it comes to the volcano. I saw that bubbler attachment will that fit the volcano classic? are there any mods to run a hybrid whip on the classic, I love the way the whip looks and works on the hybrid, looks like it works really well.
As long as you have the Easy Valve, any of our bubblers will work! They work with the whip, as well, but you might need to use the fan on the classic as there won’t be much airflow otherwise.

blackstone

If possible get the seriel number and call S&B and ask them to confirm that it is in fact a legit Volcano and not some chinese fakey. They are happy to do that for you.

Last time I checked the only one that had been faked in China was the Digit one. So for a Classic that might allow them to relax a bit about getting a fake. But it's still a great idea to request and check the serial number!

are there any mods to run a hybrid whip on the classic, I love the way the whip looks and works on the hybrid, looks like it works really well.

The Hybrid whip clicks onto the Easy Valve chamber, but depending on how you use it and how your spring clips are lining up, you might need to hold it steady with both hands.
Where the Hybrid is designed to hold those things much steadier.
And also the Magma bubblers click on Easy valve and the whip on that too if you like,
and like Magma said, the fan is the better way to operate an old Volcano with a whip.

You can open it up and mod the pipework to draw direct, I did it lately on a Digit and I found the draw pretty restricted.
And while the vapor was strong, tasty and acceptable, I got the most uneven greenish speckled ABV I ever saw from an S&B vape!
So, great for a trick but for the most efficient use, fan with whip is probably better than that mod!

any other tips and tricks, or accessories I should be looking at?
If everything is included you should be OK. You might need a new air filter or maybe the bowl plastic could need replacing if it's chipped.
But if the fan and heat works and it's clean then you shouldn't need to worry.
A proof of purchase will tell the age if that's available.

(Oh, if you want to do reclaim, concentrates, or ABV in it, you will probably want the Magma bubbler, or maybe even a plain jane bag to waterpipe adapter)

If you get it I hope you enjoy!

Lately I saw a Classic Volcano on a TV show about Amsterdam and I think they were set to 6, or around 6 and a quarter while blowing bags in the coffeeshop. So around 190C or just above it.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
The craze of the S&B updates continues!
The Volcano Digital still lives on on their medical site www.vapormed.com
And guess what? It got updated it seems. It is called:

Volcano Medic 2

https://www.vapormed.com/eu/en/volcano-medic/

volcano hybrid, medic 2, crafty plus, mighty xl?, plenty 2020?

edit: After more reading: The Medic 2 is the same as the Hybrid, also the price.
So the Volcano digital is definitely dead and for the museum or collectors.

Last edited:

david8613

morning! well I am fully enjoying and now I know what everyone is talking about with how good the volcano is. it is absolutely worth every penny, she gives the coolest, super tasty vapor. the first time I used it I ran it at 51/2 on the dial and it was great! last night I ran it a little higher at 61/2 and man it was even better! at what temperature do you guys normally run your volcano classic at? do you temp. step or does it even matter? is there a temperature that has a good balance of dense vapor but not harsh yet? how do you store your volcano after use? how do you store the bag after use? on temp setting 6 about how many bags do your run? for smaller doses are you running the liquid pad? I ran a liquid pad the first time and no liquid pad the second time, I am not 100% sure but I think I got thicker vapor with the liquid pad on and at a lower temperature setting than with out liquid at a higher temperature, can it be I am adding a little conduction to it with pad?

I have another quick question, between filling bags I usually take the herb chamber off, should I leave it on so it can get more heat saturated? I am thinking if I don't leave the chamber sitting there too long it might be better to keep things nice and warm for next bag.

Last edited:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
It is a while since I used a Volcano classic, so I don't remember exact settings, but it was around where you put it. It also depends on the strain you are using.
At one point also the vapour can make you cough because it is too dense, not only because it was too hot.
So it is finding the sweet spot where you get the effects you want with the vapour density you want without getting too harsh of a vapour. But harsh? the volcano? As long as it does not taste like popcorn, you should easily be able to find a setting for quite dense, smooth, tasty vapour.

blackstone

This question is for those using the s&b volcano reducer. about how many bags can you fill with one dosing capsule, and what temperature are running using caps?

Hi, I know this was asked in the Hybrid thread but I said I'd try answer here as I have a Digit.

When I got the reducer first I was not too sold because I felt it soaked up some heat and needed higher temperatures.
I could do whatever small load in the big bowl anyway at lower temps and it might save some electricity!?

But lately I came up with good a use where I have capsules packed for my Mighty about 1/3 full with a little pad on top,
and I put those in the reducer at 210c/410f (about 7 and 3/4 on a Classic), or sometimes full temp.
That works nice and run bags through a water piece.

It doesn't really seem to help that much to leave the bowl on top to heat soak, and your plastic surround will probably weaken from it.
The Hybrid was designed to allow much more heat into the reducer via contact, and anyway the Classic and Digit bowl/reducer heats up quite a lot in the 40 seconds of a bag fill.
No harm to heat the heavier reducer with 15 seconds of air first though, or leave it sit on top.

I find it helps to have a focused LED type lamp behind the unit so you know when it's done preheating what's inside and it's just starting to pump out vapor, before you put the balloon on.

I will try to see how many bags I get at 192C or just over setting 6 from a full capsule.
0.16 in capsule = two decent bags and one light one at 192C, and another light bag from crushing the load, pad on top and boost to 210C.
So a good technique might be to boost to 210C and/or crush the load for the third bag, and maybe leave it at that.

If you get the reducer, it's a good idea to put a dimple in your upper screen to push the capsule into it's place, as it seems to float otherwise.
This is also why you hear the old reducer was messy without capsules.
Again the Hybrid reducer is redesigned to raise the capsule/load higher to make better contact with the upper screen.

I recommend buying a second plastic housing, because eventually it is annoying to change out the bowls even if you seldom do it. It makes me annoyed anyway!

Vape_Or_Die420

So i have a 11 year old volcano classic i have used almost everyday since i bought it. I am wondering when something breaks will Storz & Bickel still repair it for a fee? I know they used to. Anyone sent an old, way past warranty volcano classic in recently for repairs?

Hope to have this one forever.

david8613

hey guys I fully enjoying my volcano, I did a deeper cleaning job by taking off the hood, blew it out with an air can, it wasn't even dirty really but nice to see the internals, it looks to be a super robust unit. anyway my question is I wanted to find out when is the born on date of my volcano is and I read somewhere online it should be under the hood. I did not see anything at all under hood. is there a way to tell born on date with serial number or maybe another way?

david8613,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

blackstone

So i have a 11 year old volcano classic i have used almost everyday since i bought it. I am wondering when something breaks will Storz & Bickel still repair it for a fee? I know they used to. Anyone sent an old, way past warranty volcano classic in recently for repairs?

Hope to have this one forever.

Nice product lifespan so far! Mine is 4 this month, used almost everyday.
They might provide that. In 2017 they told me they don't offer it for portables, so desktops must be different.
Either way, the few bits that do tend to fail (air pump, switches, thermostat) are mostly available somewhere online.
And if you didn't feel good about fitting the items safely I'm sure you could find someone.

It's something I should get into really. I'm qualified and I always had a thing for small appliances.

The air pipes inside could probably be changed after 15 years, and a new pump while you're at it.

Some people used to mention a potential for oxidization inside the heat exchanger after many years, or likely after poor storage conditions or erratic use patterns.
And a potential for that possibly making vapor harsh or not being ideal in some other way?
Maybe it could be cleaned or polished out, but that's probably units that sat in an attic for a year or five!
So you should be good!

hey guys I fully enjoying my volcano, I did a deeper cleaning job by taking off the hood, blew it out with an air can, it wasn't even dirty really but nice to see the internals, it looks to be a super robust unit. anyway my question is I wanted to find out when is the born on date of my volcano is and I read somewhere online it should be under the hood. I did not see anything at all under hood. is there a way to tell born on date with serial number or maybe another way?

It's usually on the bottom of the outer box, near the barcode, in the format "MM-YYYY"
From your photos and the clean-ish internals, I estimate your unit to be about 2015 onward!

Vape_Or_Die420

They might provide that. In 2017 they told me they don't offer it for portables, so desktops must be different.
Either way, the few bits that do tend to fail (air pump, switches, thermostat) are mostly available somewhere online.
And if you didn't feel good about fitting the items safely I'm sure you could find someone.

It's something I should get into really. I'm qualified and I always had a thing for small appliances.

The air pipes inside could probably be changed after 15 years, and a new pump while you're at it.

Some people used to mention a potential for oxidization inside the heat exchanger after many years, or likely after poor storage conditions or erratic use patterns.
And a potential for that possibly making vapor harsh or not being ideal in some other way?
Maybe it could be cleaned or polished out, but that's probably units that sat in an attic for a year or five!
So you should be good!

It's usually on the bottom of the outer box, near the barcode, in the format "MM-YYYY"
From your photos and the clean-ish internals, I estimate your unit to be about 2015 onward!
Yep bought this unit back in 2008. Daily use i think keeps them running. I actually have a friend that has one that is a couple years older than mine.

I have been through a couple rocker switches on the power button. Thats an easy fix.

You say the air pipes should be changed after 15 years. Are you talking about the rubber hoses that are visible when you open it? Why do you suggest this? Is there any other OG Volcano wisdom?

blackstone

Yep bought this unit back in 2008. Daily use i think keeps them running. I actually have a friend that has one that is a couple years older than mine.

I have been through a couple rocker switches on the power button. Thats an easy fix.

You say the air pipes should be changed after 15 years. Are you talking about the rubber hoses that are visible when you open it? Why do you suggest this? Is there any other OG Volcano wisdom?

I was going to say 10-15 years. I suppose it's because many rubbers and hoses degrade in that time frame.
It would be so cheap and easy to replace too.
6 years is recommended for automotive tires, around 10 to 20 years for beer cooler lines in a bar.
They would probably be fine for many years though!

I'm also assuming the pump employs some rubber parts inside, and replacing it would keep your bag fill times good and avoid sudden failure.
I think the pump's rated at 15 liters of air per minute.

Fun facts: The company told me the outer cone is stainless steel, and the cleaning tool (brush) is not vegan!:haw::rip:
When I asked what both were made from.

blackstone,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

david8613

So you should be good!

Thanks for that bit of information, you are 100% right! I checked the box like you said, born on 2016! Not bad.

Top Bottom