SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I actually thought about that due to the soreness of my throat afterwards for about a week it was so bad after using the mighty and the volcano. Now an allergic reaction or any kind of throat issue could borderline be dangerous due to a possible anaphylactic shock which is rare but does happen with people that have become allergic to cannabis but it’s usually breathing in the pollen which could be exasperated by using a dry flower Vape or even manifested from using one in my opinion. Thank God I don’t think an allergic reaction was my issue I think it was just the dry air and heated flower. But researching cannabis allergies I am of the belief now that a person could develop it through dry flower vaping long term.

I do believe an allergy can develop from prolonged dried flower vaping in some people yet I don’t think that is what happened with me I think it’s just the dryness and the heat along with breathing in terpenes and cannabinoids which we really don’t know what effect it has on the human body when vaping long term, we understand the lack of hydrocarbons and we look at that as a positive sign but I do think there’s some heavy negatives with flower vaping and it’s effect on the human body which just maybe more pronounced in certain people?

The level of dehydration I went into was at the point where I have to walk away from flower vaping altogether. I really didn’t like the feeling of heated air in my upper chest area after using volcano bags this was a borderline scary experience waiting for the temperature in my chest to cool off and I was only vaping at number five on the volcano which is 372°
I feel you on the developing an allergy, but I feel if someone vaped or smoked that would be about the same as they are ingesting the cannabis either way. To cool the vapor down on your volcano you can get the Elev8 valve made for your volcano that will fit to your easy valve filling the chamber. This has a 19mm ground joint that can easily hook up to a water pipe or rig to help cool the vapor, while also adding moisture to the vapor from percolating through the water.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Truth Seeker

Weird. Your reaction sounds like your weed is sprayed with chili extract or something or you are allergic or have an inflammation that is triggered by weed or something.
The vapour from the volcano bag is not hot in itself.
With these effects I think you should better not try to vape flower.

You speak of flower vaping. Did you not have these effects from concentrates or from smoking the same weed?
Not from combustion especially The tickle in the back of my throat which took days to go away and especially the extreme dehydration which I know is not good. I avoid concentrates it’s just a path I don’t want to go down. The dehydration part was very bad to the point it made flower vaping a very unpleasant experience.

Either flower vaping is different for everybody or some people just Vape so much they’re kind of numb to any possible negative effects.

I need my voice for singing and the level of dehydration I experienced was just unbearable at the end of the day we are breathing heated plant material and for some reason combustion didn’t cause this type of long-term after effect on my body, vocal cords and my throat etc.

It was actually difficult to talk after using the volcano bags.

I think there’s a lot to dry flower vaping that we just don’t know about especially the negative effects on the human body we know the positive affects and that’s really kind of what’s highlighted on this forum but there’s a decent number of people that come on of this forum that do have negative effects from flower vaping

Last edited:
Truth Seeker,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Not from combustion especially The tickle in the back of my throat which took days to go away and especially the extreme dehydration which I know is not good. I avoid concentrates it’s just a path I don’t want to go down. The dehydration part was very bad to the point it made flower vaping a very unpleasant experience.

Either flower vaping is different for everybody or some people just Vape so much they’re kind of numb to any possible negative effects.

I need my voice for singing and the level of dehydration I experienced was just unbearable at the end of the day we are breathing heated plant material and for some reason combustion didn’t cause this type of long-term after effect on my body, vocal cords and my throat etc.

I think there’s a lot to dry flower vaping that we just don’t know about especially the negative effects on the human body we know the positive affects and that’s really kind of what’s highlighted on this forum but there’s a decent number of people that come on of this forum that do have negative effects from flower vaping
Ya, I can feel you for sure how vaping can dry you out some. I feel this is doing to the long drags that vaping does compare to smoking. I would argue that vaping dry herbs is for sure way healthier than smoking, but this is just an opinion and I am not a doctor. Knowing what I know, I would always vape over smoking. But I do know that using my rig helps out a ton. I also think that if one is having issues moving to mass microdosing could help. I notice if I inhale and kinda say mix the vape with air, diluting the vape, it is much smoother on my lungs as well.

For sure vaping may not be for all, I do feel it is still a healthier way than smoking, and when I heard from Willie Nelson that after moving to a Surfer his voice sounded better than it did in 10 years I have to take that for what it is. I think as we are all so different each form of consumption will work different for each person.

Truth Seeker

Ya, I can feel you for sure how vaping can dry you out some. I feel this is doing to the long drags that vaping does compare to smoking. I would argue that vaping dry herbs is for sure way healthier than smoking, but this is just an opinion and I am not a doctor. Knowing what I know, I would always vape over smoking. But I do know that using my rig helps out a ton. I also think that if one is having issues moving to mass microdosing could help. I notice if I inhale and kinda say mix the vape with air, diluting the vape, it is much smoother on my lungs as well.

For sure vaping may not be for all, I do feel it is still a healthier way than smoking, and when I heard from Willie Nelson that after moving to a Surfer his voice sounded better than it did in 10 years I have to take that for what it is. I think as we are all so different each form of consumption will work different for each person.
Wow! That’s pretty interesting that Willie Nelson quit combustion. I think the major benefits of vaping is the reduction of any kind of pulmonary issues which even though the studies say there is no pulmonary issues with combusting I just don’t believe it. I do wonder if breathing in the heated terpenes and cannaboids pose an issue with vaping whereby combusting burns em up. Yes the long deep drags I don’t think are good and I tried not to do that but it is very difficult to do a mouth pull and hold it with vaping.

When something doesn’t come easy enough after trying multiple ways of ingesting vapor you just have to throw in the towel at some point

Truth Seeker,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yes, I can feel that. I do feel a whip connected to a rig is one of the best ways to experience. Even now the Volcano is adding a whip after nearly 15 years. They must see this as good. Thanks for the communication!

SSV_Steve_Elev8,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The most sensitive vaporists on the forum tend to only use concentrates!

Less inhalations to reach desired effect = less side effects
ahhh, I am not buying that. Concentrates do not deliver full-spectrum as a flower does. I do feel people like concentrates for a lot of reasons, but I will argue raw dabs is where it's at. I would also argue that more installation with less is actually better. I am a believer in mass micro hits. Your lungs can only absorb so much, so big hits waste and deposit too much on the lungs. Small diluted hits are smoother on the lungs and can be absorbed more easily. But I am not a doctor, just saying what I feel. Thanks!!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Concentrates do not deliver full-spectrum as a flower does.

Can you name one compound in flower that is missing in full melt hashish or hash rosin?

I am a believer in mass micro hits. Your lungs can only absorb so much, so big hits waste and deposit too much on the lungs. Small diluted hits are smoother on the lungs and can be absorbed more easily. But I am not a doctor, just saying what I feel. Thanks!!!

I completely agree, big hits are certainly a waste, was confirmed over a decade ago with the old Volcano studies where they found that on average 35% of vaporized THC was being lost on exhale.

Microdabs are legit man, I call them pinheads :D

Baron23

ahhh, I am not buying that.

Me either. For me, flower for the widest scope of effect. Concentrates add power but I just like the effects of flower better and I have tried all sorts of 'trates including squishing my own.

Can you name one compound in flower that is missing in full melt hashish or hash rosin?

Are you serious? There are...well, here, read it from Nat Institute of Health:

Cannabis is a complex plant with over 400 chemical entities of which more than 60 of them are cannabinoid compounds, some of them with opposing effects.
Nobody on this board can name all of the compounds in MJ (I don't think) and I doubt that anybody in any place has done this comparison.

So, we go by subjective experience....long term subjective experience...and in my experience flower has overall better effects for me.

Baron23,
Reactions: stressed

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So, we go by subjective experience....long term subjective experience...and in my experience flower has overall better effects for me.

If you had access to the kind of hash I'm hitting would you feel the same way though?

It's not like I haven't been in your shoes before, many times in fact. But I would put this hash up against any flower all day every day.

Even though the great Herbivore21 isn't here anymore, I definitely carry on his legacy and principals.

I also find flower more dehydrating. Makes sense - need hotter air to vaporize with convection.

But I guess we're getting off topic of the Volcano.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Me either. For me, flower for the widest scope of effect. Concentrates add power but I just like the effects of flower better and I have tried all sorts of 'trates including squishing my own.

Are you serious? There are...well, here, read it from Nat Institute of Health:

Cannabis is a complex plant with over 400 chemical entities of which more than 60 of them are cannabinoid compounds, some of them with opposing effects.
Nobody on this board can name all of the compounds in MJ (I don't think) and I doubt that anybody in any place has done this comparison.

So I have done some research and made this page called the art of vaporizing. Even when it comes to say terps, there are how many different kinds in the world? Then what is in cannabis. So what I have seen is if someone extracts with co2, it comes out clear and you get x amount. Propane is let say x.2 and is a bit darker, then you have butane and is like x.4 amount, with RSO next almost black but you get like x.6. This is made up by me, but I have seen this and this is what is told to me by extractors. So hash, I feel that is a full spectrum like the flower. But do you fully get it all as you can do a wash and still vape the leftover and get a feeling. Love this and these can all be vapes in a volcano or any good vape

SSV_Steve_Elev8,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

And what number of people are having negative effects, and where are you getting your information? How many is a 'decent number' ?

Madri-Gal,

Truth Seeker

How safe is it to breathe in heated terpenes and cannaboids? This very well could be the problem with dryness and dehydration. What affect does this have on the human body with combusting is burned up. Is this a negative aspect of vaping at the community just doesn’t wanna look into or research?

Truth Seeker,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
How safe is it to breathe in heated terpenes and cannaboids? This very well could be the problem with dryness and dehydration. What affect does this have on the human body with combusting is burned up. Is this a negative aspect of vaping at the community just doesn’t wanna look into or research?
The solution for dehydration is to drink more water. Staying hydrated isn't complicated. If people that smoke cannabis were simply burning all of the cannabinoids and terpines, they wouldn't get high and there wouldn't be much point. I don't think people that vape are unwilling to look at negatives, but there actually has to be a problem to look at. I drink water, and I don't get dehydrated when I vape. I have gotten dehydrated staying outside too long, from being ill, etc. Never from vaping. If the vapor was too hot to inhale, you would know it. Vapor gets cooled on inhalation, and is no where near as hot as the temperature used to heat it.
I'm not a huge fan of bags, but am wanting a Volcano Hybrid. Has anyone found they liked bags more than they thought they would after buying a Volcano? Is is "worth it" for just the whip?

Baron23

@invertedisdead @SSV_Steve_Elev8 - unless my reading comprehension has gone out the window, I believe that this discussion started with:

The most sensitive vaporists on the forum tend to only use concentrates!

To me, bubble hash (that is what you guys are referring to, right?) is not a concentrate. Its really extracted. I would more say its a sorting rather than an extraction and the end result is still original plant material.

I have consumed a LOT of traditional hashish back in the day and loved it. I don't have access to modern bubble hash so I can't comment.

But I don't think that has much to do with my position that for me, flower has better and more broad spectrum effects than concentrates which I will define for my purposes as being a true extraction using some carrier as the solvent (which would incl CO2).

Have a great day, guys. Fun talking about this stuff.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead @SSV_Steve_Elev8 - unless my reading comprehension has gone out the window, I believe that this discussion started with:

To me, bubble hash (that is what you guys are referring to, right?) is not a concentrate. Its really extracted. I would more say its a sorting rather than an extraction and the end result is still original plant material.

I have consumed a LOT of traditional hashish back in the day and loved it. I don't have access to modern bubble hash so I can't comment.

But I don't think that has much to do with my position that for me, flower has better and more broad spectrum effects than concentrates which I will define for my purposes as being a true extraction using some carrier as the solvent (which would incl CO2).

Have a great day, guys. Fun talking about this stuff.
I agree with you on the hash, its basically flower in my opinion. Nothing really beats a good flower high though a vape, even a volcano.

flammy

Hell ya, they are great vapes! If you ever want to upgrade your valve to glass and be able to make your bags as large as you like, so long you have the easy valve set up, check out this Volcano valve setup.

This looks intriguing. As an FYI, when I go to the product page and click on the various image thumbnails, I am not able to get a larger version to appear.

flammy

Hmmm, it is working on my end. Maybe try to clear your cache? Here is a video

Thanks! The vid helps. I am curious as to how you attach bag to the assembly. Either way, this sounds like a great upgrade for the Cano. Can any of the glass parts for this also be used with an SSV?

If its working on your end, I'm sure its just an issue with my browser.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks! The vid helps. I am curious as to how you attach bag to the assembly. Either way, this sounds like a great upgrade for the Cano. Can any of the glass parts for this also be used with an SSV?

This wand was made for the Super Surfer, but we knew the Volcano crowd wanted a better valve also. Here is another video that might help

Oh, and on this product page, there are two videos at the bottom that should be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth Seeker

I love my Cano but it didn’t love me...... she left me with a sore throat I guess I won’t be kissing her any longer

Was it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Who knows?

I guess it’s time for her to hit the road

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I love my Cano but it didn’t love me...... she left me with a sore throat I guess I won’t be kissing her any longer

Was it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Who knows?

I guess it’s time for her to hit the road
Don't stop vaping, its the best! Vaping does take some getting used to, its so strange as smoke is thicker and hotter, yet people seem to handle it better. Have you tried to run your vapor through a water pipe? This will cool it, not that the bag does not let it cool, but it will also add some moisture to it. The upgraded volcano wand I made will hook to a 19mm female easily and with the mouthpiece, it will also fit a 14mm female. Keep that vaping!

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Top Bottom