1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Magma_Industries

Magma_Industries Accessory Maker

The extraction remains the same, as it's simply the application of heat which vaporizes the good stuff. I would probably say that the Volcano would be better for you as opposed to combusting the same material. The Volcano will still get everything good/vaporizable in subpar weed, and further leaves behind all the bad stuff that makes the material subpar to begin with.

2. SatanLovestoVape

SatanLovestoVape Well-Known Member

It will still extract it. I put Mexican Schwag in my volcano before and it still produced vapor. Probably the shittest weed that has ever been vaped, but still got me.

3. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

The Volcano is a great vape for bad weed, especially since the bowl is so big, you can really stuff it. Buddy in Mexico uses his Digit daily for vaping local herbs.

4. Wolf46

Wolf46 Vapor War Team Cap

thanks guys.

i bet that my weed is worst than yours tho :razz:

Magma_Industries and Madri-Gal like this.
  5. idboehman

idboehman Member

Where's the best place to get a Volcano classic? Normally I'd just go straight to puffitup but they list it at $479 so even with the 15% coupon they offer, it's easily over $400 with tax and everything. My intuition says there's got to be a better deal out there for such old (albeit reliable and high quality) technology. I'm tempted to try find the time to go to the Storz & Bickel store in Oakland but I'd be paying full price there and their hours are pretty inaccessible for someone not in Oakland (8am-4pm only M-F).

On the used side I've been keeping an eye on craigslist in the area but most of the listings I've seen are a few days old so who knows if they're still available. I've reached out anyways so we'll see.

6. Wolf46

i'm stuck between plenty and volcano classic.

don't know what to buy...

any advise is well accepted.

7. idboehman

idboehman Member

I watched bud's/Vape Critic's long-form comparison of the Plenty and Volcano which helped solidify that I really wanted a Volcano first and then maybe a Plenty later. It seems like the Plenty requires... plenty.... of actual herb while the volcano seemed to be a more efficient use, being able to get multiple bags out of a packed chamber.

Wolf46 likes this.
  8. Wolf46

yeah that's my main problem.
    some people says that 0,2 gram with the liquid pad on top are enough for a good session with the plenty, but a lot of people says that a full load is required for the full plenty experience.

i already used a volcano in amsterdam with exceptionl results but i only used with a very packed bowl of good weed, i don't know how well it can perform with shitty weed or microdosing when i have the good but pricey weed available.

also i like both long and short session and overall the volcano seems better at handling both.
    also the ballons are not wired to a wall so they work like giant vapor joint in a way.

but plenty is 150+ euros cheaper...

fudge me, it's so hard to make a decision...

About your problem, i don't know how pricey is the shipping for US, but in europe you can buy a volcano classic for 329 dollars with a discount code, ask me more details if you are interested.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  9. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

Are you buying new or used? Personally I wouldn't buy a new Volcano unless it was the Hybrid. I like the idea of being able to do direct draw hits, especially with the fast heatup. One of my buddies biggest criticisms of his Digit is that it's not good at all for a quick hit on the way out the door, so the Hybrid really solves that. I know you mentioned fast heatup being important in your portable thread.

Did you buy a portable vape yet? Or did you decide you want a desktop instead?

I have extensive experience with both the Volcano Classic and Digit and would still suggest the Mighty if you want something that truly works well as both a desktop and portable.

ChooChooCharlie and idboehman like this.
  10. Wolf46

I can't use the whip, the volcano sits in my desk and when i vape i'm kinda far from that, and yeah heat'-up time is important for portables but with a desktop i can simply turn on the device when i'm home so it's always ready to go, not a big deal.

For portables i bought a stempod, i also have grasshopper and an arizer air so i'm kinda covered.
    The mighty is a great device but personally has too many flaws for me, non-swappable batteries and no usb charge, some conduction in the oven so your weed cook even if you don't hit the device and a lot of cleaning to keep the device at peak performance.

I'm thinking about a fierce for my VAS...

P.s. i bought a plenty tonight, the curiosity for this vape was too much.

idboehman likes this.
  11. SSV_Steve_Elev8

SSV_Steve_Elev8 Manufacturer

Just want to let all the volcano fans know that we have a new dope valve system. Is glass and silione, works great. Yes I made it so yes I have my opinions, but it does work GREAT! Super easy to make your own bag, so forget about those easy valves that fill the landfills, go with the reusable one made in Colorado Springs. Here is a video of it.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Baron23 and Magma_Industries like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors