Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
yeah i tried the volcano digit in ams and i was blown away.
but i always tried the device with very good and abundant weed, i just don't know how well he can perform with the shitty weed in my country:\
this is basically the only doubt i have about the volcano...is the extraction remain very good with really subpar weed?
The extraction remains the same, as it's simply the application of heat which vaporizes the good stuff. I would probably say that the Volcano would be better for you as opposed to combusting the same material. The Volcano will still get everything good/vaporizable in subpar weed, and further leaves behind all the bad stuff that makes the material subpar to begin with.

SatanLovestoVape

but i always tried the device with very good and abundant weed, i just don't know how well he can perform with the shitty weed in my country:\
this is basically the only doubt i have about the volcano...is the extraction remain very good with really subpar weed?
It will still extract it. I put Mexican Schwag in my volcano before and it still produced vapor. Probably the shittest weed that has ever been vaped, but still got me.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The Volcano is a great vape for bad weed, especially since the bowl is so big, you can really stuff it. Buddy in Mexico uses his Digit daily for vaping local herbs.

idboehman

Where's the best place to get a Volcano classic? Normally I'd just go straight to puffitup but they list it at $479 so even with the 15% coupon they offer, it's easily over $400 with tax and everything. My intuition says there's got to be a better deal out there for such old (albeit reliable and high quality) technology. I'm tempted to try find the time to go to the Storz & Bickel store in Oakland but I'd be paying full price there and their hours are pretty inaccessible for someone not in Oakland (8am-4pm only M-F).

On the used side I've been keeping an eye on craigslist in the area but most of the listings I've seen are a few days old so who knows if they're still available. I've reached out anyways so we'll see.

idboehman,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
i'm stuck between plenty and volcano classic.

don't know what to buy...

any advise is well accepted.

Wolf46,

idboehman

I watched bud's/Vape Critic's long-form comparison of the Plenty and Volcano which helped solidify that I really wanted a Volcano first and then maybe a Plenty later. It seems like the Plenty requires... plenty.... of actual herb while the volcano seemed to be a more efficient use, being able to get multiple bags out of a packed chamber.

idboehman,
Reactions: Wolf46

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I watched bud's/Vape Critic's long-form comparison of the Plenty and Volcano which helped solidify that I really wanted a Volcano first and then maybe a Plenty later. It seems like the Plenty requires... plenty.... of actual herb while the volcano seemed to be a more efficient use, being able to get multiple bags out of a packed chamber.
yeah that's my main problem.
some people says that 0,2 gram with the liquid pad on top are enough for a good session with the plenty, but a lot of people says that a full load is required for the full plenty experience.

i already used a volcano in amsterdam with exceptionl results but i only used with a very packed bowl of good weed, i don't know how well it can perform with shitty weed or microdosing when i have the good but pricey weed available.

also i like both long and short session and overall the volcano seems better at handling both.
also the ballons are not wired to a wall so they work like giant vapor joint in a way.

but plenty is 150+ euros cheaper...

fudge me, it's so hard to make a decision...

About your problem, i don't know how pricey is the shipping for US, but in europe you can buy a volcano classic for 329 dollars with a discount code, ask me more details if you are interested.

Last edited:
Wolf46,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
i'm stuck between plenty and volcano classic.

don't know what to buy...

any advise is well accepted.

Are you buying new or used? Personally I wouldn't buy a new Volcano unless it was the Hybrid. I like the idea of being able to do direct draw hits, especially with the fast heatup. One of my buddies biggest criticisms of his Digit is that it's not good at all for a quick hit on the way out the door, so the Hybrid really solves that. I know you mentioned fast heatup being important in your portable thread.

Did you buy a portable vape yet? Or did you decide you want a desktop instead?

I have extensive experience with both the Volcano Classic and Digit and would still suggest the Mighty if you want something that truly works well as both a desktop and portable.

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Are you buying new or used? Personally I wouldn't buy a new Volcano unless it was the Hybrid. I like the idea of being able to do direct draw hits, especially with the fast heatup. One of my buddies biggest criticisms of his Digit is that it's not good at all for a quick hit on the way out the door, so the Hybrid really solves that. I know you mentioned fast heatup being important in your portable thread.

Did you buy a portable vape yet? Or did you decide you want a desktop instead?

I have extensive experience with both the Volcano Classic and Digit and would still suggest the Mighty if you want something that truly works well as both a desktop and portable.
I can't use the whip, the volcano sits in my desk and when i vape i'm kinda far from that, and yeah heat'-up time is important for portables but with a desktop i can simply turn on the device when i'm home so it's always ready to go, not a big deal.

For portables i bought a stempod, i also have grasshopper and an arizer air so i'm kinda covered.
The mighty is a great device but personally has too many flaws for me, non-swappable batteries and no usb charge, some conduction in the oven so your weed cook even if you don't hit the device and a lot of cleaning to keep the device at peak performance.

I'm thinking about a fierce for my VAS...

P.s. i bought a plenty tonight, the curiosity for this vape was too much.

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just want to let all the volcano fans know that we have a new dope valve system. Is glass and silione, works great. Yes I made it so yes I have my opinions, but it does work GREAT! Super easy to make your own bag, so forget about those easy valves that fill the landfills, go with the reusable one made in Colorado Springs. Here is a video of it.

natural farmer

Hey guys! I have borrowed a Volcano from a friend and he lost his easy valve chamber... Any DIY chamber solution possible? A new one is 59€!!! :doh:

natural farmer,

jdent3

Hi,

I bought a brand new Volcano Classic a couple weeks ago and am having an issue with it. About the second day I had it I went to turn it on and the light would not come on when I flicked the power switch. I thought maybe it was the plug but everything else worked on that plug. I ended up unplugging it and when I tried it again a minute later it worked. I have not had this issue again until last night. My Volcano was on and had been on for a couple hours. When i went to use it I noticed the light was off even though the switch was turned on. I ended up unplugging it and trying it in a few plugs and it still wouldn't work. A couple minutes later I tried again and it worked. I wiggled the cord around in case it had a short and that didn't seem to help. The only thing that has seemed to help so far is unplugging it and trying it a few minutes later. Has anyone had this issue before? I really don't want to send it in for warranty service yet as I just got it, and the issue has only happened twice so I doubt S&B will be able to replicate it.

jdent3,

SSV_Steve_Elev8

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I can't use the whip, the volcano sits in my desk and when i vape i'm kinda far from that, and yeah heat'-up time is important for portables but with a desktop i can simply turn on the device when i'm home so it's always ready to go, not a big deal.

For portables i bought a stempod, i also have grasshopper and an arizer air so i'm kinda covered.
The mighty is a great device but personally has too many flaws for me, non-swappable batteries and no usb charge, some conduction in the oven so your weed cook even if you don't hit the device and a lot of cleaning to keep the device at peak performance.

I'm thinking about a fierce for my VAS...

P.s. i bought a plenty tonight, the curiosity for this vape was too much.
with an adapter by elev8 you can turn you classic into a whip-style if you have the easy valve chamber. This might make it more affordable for you.

SSV_Steve_Elev8,
Reactions: stressed

Truth Seeker

The volcano really dried the heck out of me as did the mighty as does every vaporizer it seems like I try. The throat irritation I get from vaping flower is just unbearable I don’t know how people here are able to do it daily as of now I’m probably never going to do it again I’ve had such a bad experience

Truth Seeker,
Reactions: Poostuff

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The volcano really dried the heck out of me as did the mighty as does every vaporizer it seems like I try. The throat irritation I get from vaping flower is just unbearable I don’t know how people here are able to do it daily as of now I’m probably never going to do it again I’ve had such a bad experience

Sounds like you're a prime candidate for trying vaping through warm water.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

Get an Obsidian...

Truth Seeker

You might be allergic to the cannabis @Truth Seeker Does it make your eyes go all red when you vape, that’s a sure sign.

I actually thought about that due to the soreness of my throat afterwards for about a week it was so bad after using the mighty and the volcano. Now an allergic reaction or any kind of throat issue could borderline be dangerous due to a possible anaphylactic shock which is rare but does happen with people that have become allergic to cannabis but it’s usually breathing in the pollen which could be exasperated by using a dry flower Vape or even manifested from using one in my opinion. Thank God I don’t think an allergic reaction was my issue I think it was just the dry air and heated flower. But researching cannabis allergies I am of the belief now that a person could develop it through dry flower vaping long term.

I do believe an allergy can develop from prolonged dried flower vaping in some people yet I don’t think that is what happened with me I think it’s just the dryness and the heat along with breathing in terpenes and cannabinoids which we really don’t know what effect it has on the human body when vaping long term, we understand the lack of hydrocarbons and we look at that as a positive sign but I do think there’s some heavy negatives with flower vaping and it’s effect on the human body which just maybe more pronounced in certain people?

The level of dehydration I went into was at the point where I have to walk away from flower vaping altogether. I really didn’t like the feeling of heated air in my upper chest area after using volcano bags this was a borderline scary experience waiting for the temperature in my chest to cool off and I was only vaping at number five on the volcano which is 372°

Last edited:
Truth Seeker,

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Weird. Your reaction sounds like your weed is sprayed with chili extract or something or you are allergic or have an inflammation that is triggered by weed or something.
The vapour from the volcano bag is not hot in itself.
With these effects I think you should better not try to vape flower.

You speak of flower vaping. Did you not have these effects from concentrates or from smoking the same weed?

Sick Vape,
Top Bottom