• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

crownroyaldaddy

Looks like an Easy Valve thing, yeah? In all of these years, I've only ever used the Solid Valve. I'd like to try the Easy Valve but not sure I'm curious enough to throw $100 on it.

Even a quarter gram doesn't go very far in mine. Sure I could fill re-fill a hundred times but the vapor gets pretty womp after the second bag, even on 5. I'm using a medium sized turkey bag for reference.

The EZ Valve may be worth it. I have no experience with the solid valve, but I can lightly cover the screen (no reducer) and get a few bags of vapor

crownroyaldaddy

What temperature do you use for small loads?
My experience is limited as I've been using a Classic for just two months but I can fill no more than two bags (one at 7 and one at 9) and get satisfying vapor.

I think i usually start off around 365, jump to 385, then to 400, then finish at 446. Can skip the 385 and get more dense vapor.

I dont use my volcano all that often though and when i do, its rarely with small loads. But i know ive done it.

I will cover the screen today and let you know how it goes

wall

So I just got a used digit, WOW this thing is fun. A bit sad I waited so long to add this to the collection. I've done as little as just enough to cover the screen and got good results on 370 so even without the reducer it still doesn't require to be full for good results

crownroyaldaddy

So i did my homework today.

Used .15g and nicely covered the screen.

Bag 1 @ 365: Doesnt look like theres much in the bag, but you can see theres plenty of vapor there on exhale. I run this bag for the taste. Some may even start lower.

Bag 2 @ 400: This is your peak bag, a lot of vapor can be seen in the bag.

Bag 3 @ 446: I personally always try to fully extract. Another nice bag of vapor and the taste isnt even too bad wkth the volcano. Just a bit more harsh

I probably couldve added another bag in there somewhere with good vapor as well. I dont usually weigh my loads like this and do controlled experiments so this was kinda fun. I might have to start microdosing. Gonna need a T-Break first though

justcametomind

What temperature do you use for small loads?
My experience is limited as I've been using a Classic for just two months but I can fill no more than two bags (one at 7 and one at 9) and get satisfying vapor.
Best flavor is reached at 191/192C imho.
I usually have max temp bags (230C).
If I want to flavor a new strain or feel like it, the only temp I use is that one.
I hate filling multiple bags with the same load, so I use XL bags, and load nothing that would need more than one bag.
Lately I started using my Volcano to revape ABV from different vaporizers and see which one is efficient and which is not.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Best flavor is reached at 191/192C imho.
I usually have max temp bags (230C).
If I want to flavor a new strain or feel like it, the only temp I use is that one.
I hate filling multiple bags with the same load, so I use XL bags, and load nothing that would need more than one bag.

Thanks, that's what I was wanting to do.
So I picked up a roll of the Volcano bag material and made a four footer and about wrecked myself. Very nice, forget about refilling....I was looking for an assist to finish.:uhoh:
I made some slight adjustments and it's a few inches over three feet now.
So easy to swap out the current Easy Valve stem and make any size bag. :clap:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'm a 20 year chronic smoker that discovered vaporizing a few months ago. I have been using a vapor brothers box vape with hydrator, purple days and flight box. I have been satisfied enough with the effects to completely give up combustion. My "bongchitis" is almost gone.

Two days ago I got a digital volcano with easy valve. It only took me 2 bowls (many bags) to realize this thing is totally awesome. I haven't been this high since those first few years. :) It was very easy to figure out how to use (I'm not much on reading manuals). I quickly discovered I could hold the easy valve up to the stem of my old bong (I've cleaned it to like new) and take conventional rips. :D

Obviously it was expensive but as the say the cost is forgotten over time but the quality and satisfaction of ownership will last forever. If the cost doesn't scare you away the volcano is no joke. I will rarely say something is the "best" but I really want to in thise case.

It's not going to replace my purple days for conservation or my flight box for portability but I think the vapor brothers is going into storage for a while.

That was October 2010.

Wow it’s been a while since I got my Volcano. It’s still working like new. I’d say it has more then paid for itself. :)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
“Obviously it was expensive but as they say the cost is forgotten over time but the quality and satisfaction of ownership will last forever.“

So true, especially with vape gear imho. I’d say you’ve got your money’s worth out of your volcano! :o

Been a while since I’ve laughed like I did at “bongchitis”, so fucking funny! Can’t believe I never heard that before in 30+ years of hardcore combustion. So often I benefit from coming across useful information in a random thread by happy chance. But rarely am I rewarded with something as great as “bongchitis”!

justcametomind

When I bought my Volcano I already had many vapes. I soon realized its fame was well deserved and still consider it the masterpiece of my collection. If I have to measure a new vape efficiency I put the ABV inside my Volcano and heat it to 230. I have a sore throat? I have a bag instead of anything else.
My only regret is that I didn't buy it before.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hello fellow Volcano users! It's been some time since I've posted, but I haven't forgotten FC! That being said, I have finally acquired a Volcano Classic :cool: How that happened deserves another post...but the reason that I'm here today is to share my new find.

In the past I've owned a bag vape, and experimented with both OEM bags, and the Reynolds oven bags (along with some less than impressive cheap brand oven bags which ripped at the seams nearly immediately.) I've now had the Volcano for about 3 months, and I've played around with the S&B bags that came with it from the previous owner, as well as some large reynolds turkey bags...leaving me wanting something better like I had in the past. Both have their pros and cons, but neither is really the ideal bag overall.

The S&B bags are a bit pricey, a bit noisy, but are otherwise ideal as they have a smaller diameter than most oven bags, and can be purchased in a lengthy roll for custom sizes. The various oven bags that are available have the benefit of often being quieter than the S&B bags, and larger than the default S&B size, but they are often awkwardly shaped, less than ideal in comparison to the S&B bag dimensions, and not as large as the 10 ft bags of S&B material.

I did some digging on the forums, reddit, etc, and found nothing more than suggestions for either the OEM bags, or oven bags. Some mentions of universal vapor bags were found, but nothing overly appealing. Then I moved to Amazon, and started searching for all oven bags, in hopes of finding something perfect, and I think I did!

I can't find mention of these bags on the forum, but if I missed them somewhere I apologize. The product is a "10 foot roasting sleeve." It's essentially the same thing as the ten foot roll of Volcano bag from S&B, but the material is somewhat of a cross between the S&B bags and the Reynolds oven bags. It's definitely quieter than the S&B bags, but a little less quiet than the Reynolds bags. They are a little more stiff than the Reynolds bags, but they need a bit more support while filling than the S&B bags do.

The biggest thing is that these bags are nearly identical in dimensions to the S&B bags, but for a fraction of the price. They are rated to 450° and they don't give off any odd smell at room temp or when heated. I tested first with a clean empty Solid Valve, to make sure the bag itself didn't seem to produce a weird smell or taste. When I first filled one up, I was surprised that it was as narrow as the S&B bags are. Here are some pics, and a link to the bags on Amazon. I've been using a bag on the Solid Valve as shown below, as well as one of a similar length on my Easy Valve. I will be ordering a few more rolls, and going with 5ft bags next time, as I rarely vape alone.

08lQ0FK.jpg

O5ajgqn.jpg

5Lka6rT.jpg

2xjdGnT.jpg

8GLSlRX.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/AWZ-Products...?srs=9300465011&ie=UTF8&qid=1547866396&sr=8-1

purplegrass

quick update as a volcano classic owner of a year and a half

This was the first vape I ever used. I have used the volcano more times than I can count (which after a bag, isn't very high anyway:ko:)

Out of my 3 desktop vapes, I find the volcano to be the easiest to use, simply gind, fill the basket (which is very easy to fill since its large) and let it heat up. The bags are very nice to use when there are multiple people and its always very fun watching the bag fill up with vapor, and it really gets the anticipation going.
I have personally left a bag full for about an hour and it still did the job (tho it is of course best to use fresh)

I like that because the vapor is in the bag for a little bit, I feel like it gives it some time to cool down slightly and is easier for my wussy lungs to handle.

when using it alone, I put the steel pad on the bottom and can usually get away with like 0.25g which can be vaped 2 or 3 times (it just depends on how you set the temp, I usually do 5, then 7, then 9), so it can be fairly efficient doing it that way.

also, due to its shape, its very sturdy so you don't need to worry when you start scrambling for other things on the table.

I know vapes are starting to get more high tech now, but the volcano will never become obsolete.

ohmygodimsohigh

Today I put up a video comparing the Volcano with the Ditanium

It's not really an apples to apples comparison, as the Ditanium is a whip vape that also functions as an enail... however I seshed them both and compared the vapor and experience.

I said more bad words than usual for those easily offended.
In case youtube deletes my channel again, this video is archived here.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Why not against a ssv or a dbv?
Seemed kind weird to do these two.........lolz.
Today I put up a video comparing the Volcano with the Ditanium

It's not really an apples to apples comparison, as the Ditanium is a whip vape that also functions as an enail... however I seshed them both and compared the vapor and experience.

I said more bad words than usual for those easily offended.
In case youtube deletes my channel again, this video is archived here.

ejackyou

Hamilton
The "medic" units are identical to the rec units with exception of packaging and marking. The cert was granted based on materials safety and both are made with the exact same components.

Yes, the digital does indeed have an auto-shutoff timer set at 30 minutes from last control input.

The one thing mentioned above I'm not at all sure I agree with is that the Volcano needs 20 minutes to heat soak and become its most effective. I find it more like 10 minutes but we all may view "ready" differently.

I run my Cano on max temp....446....and absolutely milk a bag or two. I also vape almost exclusively at night for pain and sedation and I want my meds fast and to the point. Cano is not the most miserly with your herb, but it does provide eye opening and consistent performance.

May have been mentioned, but I believe the Medic units have the bag valve modified to use throw away mouth pieces?

Baron23

May have been mentioned, but I believe the Medic units have the bag valve modified to use throw away mouth pieces?
All easy valve MP are throw away...no? I mean, I believe you can get extra MP and use them with folks who don't want to pass around their viruses....no?

I can't really tell as I can't get to the Medic page on their website anymore...says not available in my country (the page, that is).

ejackyou

Hamilton
All easy valve MP are throw away...no? I mean, I believe you can get extra MP and use them with folks who don't want to pass around their viruses....no?

I can't really tell as I can't get to the Medic page on their website anymore...says not available in my country (the page, that is).

I believe that they are Single Use type mouth pieces?

ejackyou

Hamilton
No real reason anyhow, exact same design and function, but you can bet the price is 30% more to have the word 'Medic' on it!
I also ready somewhere, that there is a battery powered Volcano available, sounds a little crazy?

By the way, does anyone know if there's a way to change the order of threads in a forum to
Newest first, to Oldest?

Does storz&bickel sell recycled Volcano Classics? I was watching a video on a brand new digit when he pulled it out of a bag from the box. Its been 3 years so I'm not too sure but I think mine didn't come in a bag?

Actually, I read somewhere, that the knock off fake ones come bagged, whereas the Real S&B Don't?

Last edited by a moderator:
ejackyou,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom