volcanonerd123

Hi, Am a new user to this forum but I've known about this site for many years :)

I own a volcano and I just noticed this strange thing sometimes happens when the heating element switches on. Basically, there is a short buzzing sound (that sort of sounds like sparks) and a blueish/green light flickering on the inside. It is easier to see in the video than to read my description lol.

^watch with sound on :)

Does this happen to yours? or does this thing need to get sent in?

Last edited:

Vapinmofo

Just wondering if any of you have seen a new Volcano digit in color?
I just left my local cannabis shop and they have volcanoes in three different colors?

Green blue and orange.
This could have been done aftermarket
Anyone else seen this.
They were being sold for $1000.

VapinMofo

justcametomind

My local headshop scene is a real pity, they still try to sell old contraptions at premium prices but I still have to see a color Volcano in person.
Volcano comes from Tuttlingen which is the home town from the most prized stainless steel used in most surgery units around the entire world.
S&B is most probably the only company in town using that for producing anything else than expensive surgery kits and blades but regardless, I think it's a pity to cover up that metal in bold colors on the Volcano and ask more than 600$ for having done so. :D
and no @volcanonerd123 mine doesn't behave like yours. I can see some lights from the same perspective but it doesn't seem anything like a sparkle in my case, it's just the temperature lamps from the inside.
I'd contact S&B.

Last edited:

Baron23

Hi, Am a new user to this forum but I've known about this site for many years :)

I own a volcano and I just noticed this strange thing sometimes happens when the heating element switches on. Basically, there is a short buzzing sound (that sort of sounds like sparks) and a blueish/green light flickering on the inside. It is easier to see in the video than to read my description lol.

Dust and flower bits perhaps sparking off???

Have never seen that and the terminals that S&B use on the power in the 'Cano are huge and strong. If you were really shorting out, I believe it wouldn't work at all and it would be apparent.

justcametomind

It may be temperature lamps making poor contact, but better be safe than sorry, they say. I have a 40 years old coffee grinder and THAT sparkles a bit if you look the inside, when activated.

SaturnIII

Have a couple questions after 2 days of use. I had never seen/used A volcano before. Just saw some YouTube reviews. When it arrived, I did actually skim read the manual fairly thoroughly. So my two questions:

1.) I saw a couple of vids that said when filling the herb chamber (classic w/ ez valve), if you don’t put over .25g of herb in there, you need to cover the load with the concentrate pad. However, the manual says nothing about that. It just says 1-10mm deep. So???

2.) I know I’ve heard some people that use it all day, some just turn it on when they get up, and turn it off when they go to bed. That’s cool, but do they turn the knob down while it sits idle? Like if I vaped the last bag on #7, after I’m done making the bag if it’s gonna be an hour or more before I fill another, do I just leave it on 7, or turn it down?

SaturnIII

Thanks Arb, being able to remove the herb chamber between bags, but being able to leave the unit warm/hot is one of my fav things about this vape. That, and the fact I don’t have to go into super high temps to get properly medicated. I let my buddy try it yesterday. Even at 350-360 he was grinin’ like an idiot. I was like “I told ya this is a beast”. That Sour Diesel will brighten anyone’s day :D

arb

Semi shaved ape
@ataxian they are when blown out of a volcano.
The easiest vaporizer to get excellent consistent results with.
Seems extremely popular with women,I know mrs.arb loves it and refuses to use anything else except the solos.
When I am really banged up and hurting it is the one.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian they are when blown out of a volcano.
The easiest vaporizer to get excellent consistent results with.
Seems extremely popular with women,I know mrs.arb loves it and refuses to use anything else except the solos.
When I am really banged up and hurting it is the one.
I never had a bag?
Very courageous 2 try one?
In EUROPE I learn to appreciate wine!
@Baron23 R they better than a joint?
I’m living in the past I guess?

My wife doesn’t like CANNABIS?

ataxian,

SaturnIII

I had mine on 8 at one point. Can’t say how close It was to joint strength, mainly because I had left Earths atmosphere.

I meant to ask, I only got 1 super dense bag on #8 with .25g of Sour Diesel that was a little on the dry side and super potent. At lower temps than #8 I got 3-6 bags so I guess that’s normal?

I doubt I will need to go any higher than #6-#7 most of the time. She’s worth every penny in my estimation.

Last edited:
SaturnIII,
Reactions: arb

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
You are probably right...I have no idea, really
it looks like those aquarium pumps. It is a diaphragm pump IMO.
Definitely no fans in a Volcano.

Yes I would send it in if still under warranty. Otherwise i would try to have a look.

Are the new Volcanos out of stainless steel?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The black base is plastic the silver cone is stainless.
Way better than a joint @ataxian it was a single bag off a volcano that converted me to vaporizing.
I know nothing but pretend?

I do want 2 try a bag one day.
Da VOLCANO seems like it might work?

I smoke joint’s until 2012 when I got my first portable!
I hide it in my shop 2 hide from the family that my passion or new hobby has taken hold.
@Vitolo gave me advise 2B honest with them?
Coming out of the CLOSET! (2 Steal a term coined by a certain community!)
Vaporizing is life worth living!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love you @ataxian ... and one thing I know is that your family does not want you to live in pain.
Perhaps initiate a conversation with only your wife, and tell her that you are interested in medicating naturally.
At very least, admit that you have a vaporizer... the Doctors preferred method.... and that you gave it a try, and found that it helped, while leaving you clear minded, and not Pharmaceutically dull witted.
Ask if she would approve if you explored it a bit further.
You will get your answer, as to whether to stay in the closet (to steal a term coined....)
or to come out.
It can reduce required meds/narcotics, and give you relief.
@Vitolo gave me advise 2B honest with them
I gave that advice to avoid you being caught not sharing with your life partner.
I sure love my wife, and am totally honest with her, because I do not ever wish a rift to come between us.
You must follow your heart on this one.

Baron23

I never had a bag?
Very courageous 2 try one?
In EUROPE I learn to appreciate wine!
@Baron23 R they better than a joint?
I’m living in the past I guess?

My wife doesn’t like CANNABIS?
Eh, better? Well, different is more like it.
Also depends on how you run your Volcano. Me, it’s 446 f and the draws off of the bag are very thick and joint like but taste way better.

Top Bottom