1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

Great just what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Vitolo and arb like this.
  2. FlushedNotRushed

FlushedNotRushed Active Member

I bought my Volcano Classic a few years ago when an online retailer was having a 50% closing sale . Luckily, I was referred to by a few people from this forum about it and bought the LAST one they had. For $200, I was juiced for it. Now.... it's literally in the corner of my room under a few boxes.

I forgot how much these things actually cost. I feel like it deserves more use but oh well. Just bought a dynavap, hopefully that will be some fun.

Vitolo and arb like this.
  3. tb42091

tb42091 Well-Known Member

So since I got my flowerpot my volcano hasn't been used much at all. I just ordered the chamber reducer and dosing capsules, and I got a wifi smart power strip, so I can leave my volcano set at 6.5 and turn it on from my phone. My enail too. I figure the new toys will bring a new joy to the volcano again so I'll get back on that for a bit.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 10:12 PM
    blackstone and arb like this.
  4. vapeguy

vapeguy Well-Known Member

One of the 2 clips on my solid valve finally broke off after being loose for months.

I'm now wondering if I should take the opportunity to try the easy valve (around $100) or just get a replacement part (around $20) to fix my solid valve.

I initially didn't like the easy valve and remember strongly recommending the solid valve mainly because I like that the chamber is "telescopic" and can adjust to any size you want from tiny to huge. However, I find that as the screens wear out they no longer have enough friction to hold them in place while the pump runs which forces the screen up to the top resulting in a huge chamber even if you only have a small amount which ends up being very inefficient. This means for the solid valve to maintain it's adjustable size chamber, you need to replace the screens far more often than I'd like to.

Because of this and the fact they released a reducer adapter for the easy valve and an adapter so you can replace balloons, I'm now strongly considering switching to the easy valve.

What do you recommend?

How is the maintenance of the easy valve with replaceable balloons compared to the solid valve?

Thanks

5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

VERY easy!

6. Skinnyarbuckle

Skinnyarbuckle Member

arb likes this.
  7. arb

arb Well-Known Member

By far the easiest way to go.

blackstone likes this.
  8. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

I have the new easy change easy valve bag but only change the bag every 2 or 3 months, maybe more?
    The way of reclaiming from the bags that I've settled on is to cut the bag open and cut it into four large strips.
    I put the strips onto a low set electric hotplate (glass hob) sticky side up and rub with pure cotton pads.
    Vape the cotton in your new bag, or a spare bag! You can blow up to 20 or 30 strong bags of vapor with the cotton from one bag reclaiming.

I think the reduced chamber works for capsules, but not so easy for filling it direct with my style.
    But anything you can do with the reduced, you can do almost easier with the large easy valve chamber imo.

At the start I was always trying to hold small amounts down with a pad or custom screen, but eventually I just left it in the chamber floor and it seems to work just as good.
    Because of the large chamber size, there's probably less material movement inside than we would think and the duration of the bag fill and airspeed also allow for good extraction without completely covering the bottom screen or anchoring everything down.

ChooChooCharlie and arb like this.
  9. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

To use the reducer without capsules i do the same screen 'nippeling' with fine screen on top like with the plenty:
    with the fine screen pressing against the reducer top ring, nothing escapes sideways :)

blackstone, ChooChooCharlie and arb like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors