1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

I've used quite a few grinders. The only one I use now is the Volcano grinder.

blackstone and justcametomind like this.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

A good grinder for the cost and for many grades of herbal matter!

blackstone and Aimless Ryan like this.
  3. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

Amazing for gimpy hands. I used to hate 2-piece grinders. Then got pissed off with my 4-piece SCS and tried the Volcano grinder that had been sitting around for several months. Loved it. I don't use anything else now. My SCS and others just sit there looking pretty.

I can't use any other 2-piece.

Vitolo likes this.
  4. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

Sister is getting married, so this bad boy is joining the family

Aimless Ryan likes this.
  5. vapeguy

vapeguy Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me how you're supposed to replace the bottom screen in the solid valve? It literally seems completely physically impossible and when I replace it it's always all bunched up and damaged because it seems physically impossible to get it to fit.

When you get a new volcano the screen is absolutely perfect, it's almost like they're casting the metal part around an existing screen and it's then impossible to ever replace it properly.

Thanks for any help on this seemingly impossible task (I've had a Volcano since around 2005 and still don't have the slightest clue how to replace the bottom screen).

6. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

Yes mate,i ruined my first two screens.all i do is just push downwards to pop it out(this way helps to stop it getting frayed and out of shape).to put it back push it in from the bottom and this will make the screen take a dome shape and give it a smaller footprint(for want of a better word)and this will help the edges tuck inside the rim that holds tje screen in place.let me know if this helps if it doesnt i will take the plunge and try to put some photos up or maybe a video........quick edit....i actually tried removing it by pushing it out up through the top and it was just as easy so either way is good just go from the bottom end when replacing and your good

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 6:44 AM
  7. vapeguy

vapeguy Well-Known Member

I tried inserting the screen by pushing it from the bottom but as I increased the pressure it just suddenly went straight through and out the top. To prevent this I tried again but with a finger inside the chamber pressing against the opposite side to hold back the screen from popping all the way out and it worked perfectly, I have never had a screen fit in so well, it's almost like the factory screen when it's new.

Thanks

Larrytargeteye and Stu like this.
  8. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

I knew my description would be lacking a bit,glad to of helped somewhat though

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors