1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. dapperdopamine

dapperdopamine Member

Just wanted to ask, if there were any fake volcanos going around, I saw a used volcano classic on craiglist for 225 which seems like a pretty good price so

2. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Yes there are but they are usually a fairly obvious knockoff. :2c:

3. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

All I've seen is the Phantom, which looks like a Volcano but looks nothing like a Volcano.

blackstone likes this.
  4. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

There are also flat out clones on wholesale China websites, that look almost exactly like the real thing.
    I think somebody has some videos or a blog about the differences.
    The great thing is that, to the best of my knowledge, it's only the Digit model that has been cloned.
    So if you're looking at a used Classic it's probably real.

Used2use likes this.
  5. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

so the china clones evolved from the early ones like the Dragonvap DVP 500 :D
    Click to play YouTube Video

blackstone likes this.
  6. KidKush91

KidKush91 Member

i'm finally gonna make the jump to the volcano it would be my first desktop vape. I have a question thou should i get the digital or the analog one ? is there much of a difference ?

7. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

performance wise - nope, imo there would be more difference between EasyValve and SolidValve (Easy valve winning with a bit more surface area, less heatsink and simpler handling...)

for the digit:
    -shiny display, buttons instead of knob and a bit better temp regulation

for the classic:
    -more shiny aluminium surface :cool:, less buttons - more keep it simple stupid ;), a tiny click 'noise' from the bi metall switch every 5min or so (like a very slow metronome :D )

nutpicking would be to say classic seems to be a bit more durable - i've seen a cano with ripped out busted airpump used as a whip vape :clap:

8. Ein14Here

Ein14Here Tolerance break atm

I went with the digital version, having the display number of the temperature is more reassuring than waiting for the classic to warm up to the right temp.

MinnBobber and Used2use like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors