• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

blackstone

Do users prefer the dosing capsules or using the concentrate pad instead for micro loads?

What I prefer after trying many methods, is to use the regular, non reduced EV bowl, with no pad or capsule.
Set the unit to a good mid temp. say, between 190c and 195c. (I like 192c after some welcome guidance from @Vitolo )
Then you just put a tiny pinch in (or larger pinch, you'll get the feel) each time you blow a bag, and repeat over and over without emptying the chamber at all.

You could stop and turn off the unit after any number of bags, and resume later.

When the bowl is about over half full of light browned material, I grind that and put it back in covered by either liquid pad or cotton to prevent ABV dust blowing through the upper screen, and blow a final bag at 210c.

You can keep the remains and re-vape at 223c-230c to your taste later, or put to other uses or discard.

If your doing this, and also getting reclaim from your bags and chamber top,
it's hard to imagine that you could vaporize any more efficiently with any device!

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Hello! My classic volcano is coming close to the 3 year warranty mark.

Would I be able to 'upgrade' to a digit if I send it in?

CanadianFlowers,

Vaporcussion

Hello all,

EV Bag Question: The original difference between SV and EV bags was that with EV you had a set length, and SV you could cut to any length. About a year ago I read somewhere that (with some adapter?) you can now make your own bags with EV. Is that true?

I bought the chamber reducer for EV and did not like it. Had to put the temp higher just to get a decent bag. And all that additional metal in the bowl! Tried it without the capsules, and it made a mess.
Went back to original and love it!

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: Ein14Here

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
EV Bag Question: The original difference between SV and EV bags was that with EV you had a set length, and SV you could cut to any length. About a year ago I read somewhere that (with some adapter?) you can now make your own bags with EV. Is that true?
well, there is a new EV bag that is official designed for making new bags, here
https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/store/ev/easy-valve-balloon-with-adapter.html
- but there are a lot of tutorials to make your own bags with standard EV bags they can be re used several times, maybe search the thread...

you will ned a 15mm liquid pad (same as mighty/crafty) for the reducer to hold the load in place, or use the capsules, additional letting the reducer pre soak with heat on the cano helps

Vaporcussion

well, there is a new EV bag that is official designed for making new bags, here
https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/store/ev/easy-valve-balloon-with-adapter.html
- but there are a lot of tutorials to make your own bags with standard EV bags they can be re used several times, maybe search the thread...

you will ned a 15mm liquid pad (same as mighty/crafty) for the reducer to hold the load in place, or use the capsules, additional letting the reducer pre soak with heat on the cano helps

Thank you @Used2use!
So yes, this was exactly what I read about, but never found it at the S&B store. Now I know why! Your link is to the Euro store, so I wonder why it was never made available in US? I'm going to write to S&B about it...

I noticed the need for a higher temp when using reducer/capsules; I didn't think about keeping the same temp, and letting it sit longer before air, makes sense. And I use my pads with my Mighty all the time, just didn't think to try them with a bare load in the reducer, so thanks for all that. FC just fuckin' rocks!

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: Used2use

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
How on earth are people getting gettinf more than 1 bag from .1 load(in the solid valve)?my bags are about 2 foot long and theres no way i can get more than 1 bag from that much material!its barely enough to gey me high even when i turn my volcano right up to full power.im confused as i dont think i habr a very hi tolerance.

Larrytargeteye,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
If I did that I would expect one good bag and another one or two wispy bags. (I generally use about a 2' bag.)

Aimless Ryan,

Ein14Here

Microdosing
I can get 3 turkey bags with 1 chamber of solid valve, with my .20 gram load for two people. The 1st bag taste great, the 2nd is decent and third taste mostly mixture of air.

Ein14Here,

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
Well ive got to be honest,i had only tried using .1 in my solid valve in my earlier days of experimenting amd maybe then my tolerance was higher than now bacuse i tried extracting .1 again in one go at 226 at i was easily at a 7-8 on the highness metre last nigjt after just one bag,i think im happy with my volcanos efficiency at .1 per hit even if there are morr efficient vapes out there

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
i think im happy with my volcanos efficiency at .1 per hit even if there are morr efficient vapes out there
well efficiency is relative - a vapcap with 0.1 gives 4-5 cycles, not really more draws than a bag. Another thing is the cano extracts the goodies with far less oxidation of the plant matter, it will never give u dark brown abv. If u run a 2. and 3. bag with 0.1 it is pretty whispy and almost invisible vapor but that doesn't mean there is nothing in it - another approach would be to run only 1 bag with 0.1 and collect the abv of a few bowls to run it later in a larger amount...

Used2use,

MegaMan2k

Lately 0.2 - 0.3 per bowl and only vaping it once gives great flavor and effect each time

i dont bother with second and third baloons anymore since i think the amount of potency and flavonoids left over from first bag is too little to justify it

MegaMan2k,

kuzko

I’ve always done 2 bags at 7 1/2 on the classic temp. dial. 3rd bag definitely has a different taste to it that I don’t prefer, but’s friends of mine don’t mind 3rd bag.

kuzko,

blackstone

Thought someone might like to see this, it's a Howard Marks autographed Volcano Classic model that I saw on some blog.
Nice!
eCuTd5t.jpg

Lately 0.2 - 0.3 per bowl and only vaping it once gives great flavor and effect each time

i dont bother with second and third baloons anymore since i think the amount of potency and flavonoids left over from first bag is too little to justify it

What setting or temp. do you use? Thanks

I’ve always done 2 bags at 7 1/2 on the classic temp. dial. 3rd bag definitely has a different taste to it that I don’t prefer, but’s friends of mine don’t mind 3rd bag.

7 1/2 is about 208C and around there seems to be an efficient tasty extractor at times!

kuzko

Thought someone might like to see this, it's a Howard Marks autographed Volcano Classic model that I saw on some blog.
Nice!
eCuTd5t.jpg

What setting or temp. do you use? Thanks

7 1/2 is about 208C and around there seems to be an efficient tasty extractor at times!

Ha, that’s pretty cool. I’d like to hear that story.

Ein14Here

Microdosing

How big is your bag?

I am using a turkey bag and with 0.2 gram, it gives me 2 bags. Third bag is usually just dead air.

Ein14Here,

MegaMan2k

Its around The 'standard' size i guess, kinda same as turkey maybe alittle smaller.

I bet i would be able to go for that second or third Baloon but i just dont think there much punch left/ as long as i save The abv i want 'lose' it xD

Also is this The Only Volcano thread o n this forum ? xD

Even tho "most ppl Come here to find alternatives to Volcano" i suppose theres still a group og people that actually just vape with Volcano and would enjoy sharing tips and tricks :-)

Scrolling through 124 Pages of comments to find info on a vape just Dont Seem right to me lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
MegaMan2k,

blackstone

No, Mr Nice! LOL

Have you read his book?

Exactly yeah, or his rolling papers were called Nice too I think!
I didn't read the book, but I have fun watching the movie every time I see it on TV.
Pretty sure my own Volcano was erupting pretty badly here the last time I watched it!
I wonder if S&B have anything in mind for a ten year anniversary (possibly celebrity endorsed) signature Volcano?!

blackstone,
Reactions: Baron23

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I'm using my Volcano as a hand warmer right now because I have been out in cold, rainy weather with my sign. Pretty much like this:

Works nicely.

Aimless Ryan,

Poostuff

Please delete
Got my classic out for the first time in a while & knocked the easy valve chamber onto the floor & one of the three legs snapped off :doh:
Damn that hard black plastic is pretty tough but it isn't indestructible.
Anyway not a disaster the chamber still fits on & the good news is the Volcano is still as hard hitting as ever & my OCD is better than it used to be.
Some days I can't be bothered fussing with any vapes & it’s a pleasure to just switch on the Volcano shove on a bag & get a shitload of some of the thickest vapor around.
I like that S&B addressed the only issue I had with the price of the easy valve bags by creating an adapter, that’s awesome.
Coming up to 4yrs I’ve had this thing with no problems, but I notice they’re a lot cheaper now than when I bought mine which makes it a more affordable option in the world of expensive home vaporizers.
Also the size of the Volcano means it has the room to plaster it with all the stickers that come with your other vape purchases...but I don’t know if that’s really a selling point.

Poostuff,

dapperdopamine

Just wanted to ask, if there were any fake volcanos going around, I saw a used volcano classic on craiglist for 225 which seems like a pretty good price so

dapperdopamine,

blackstone

There are also flat out clones on wholesale China websites, that look almost exactly like the real thing.
I think somebody has some videos or a blog about the differences.
The great thing is that, to the best of my knowledge, it's only the Digit model that has been cloned.
So if you're looking at a used Classic it's probably real.

blackstone,
Reactions: Used2use
Top Bottom