Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The Volcano reducing chamber with the small pods works well for small loads in the volcano.
    I generally put a gram (or whatever fits) in the chamber... sometimes it is .7 to .8
    See: https://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/easy-valve-filling-chamber-with-reducer.html
    and https://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/magazine-with-8-dosing-capsules.html

ChooChooCharlie and purplegrass like this.
  2. purplegrass

purplegrass Member

Thanks for the help guys. Baron, after my readings it seems that it is a matter of personal preference (in regards to keeping the herb in place or letting it fly around). some people say that it helps let all the bits get heated, and some say that if they are flying around then they don't get as much heat hitting them (some said that when they put the liquid pad on top to keep them in place they noticed more vapor production)

vitolo, thanks for the tip, I am about to buy those. I actually have a crafty (which I have never used) and just noticed that it has 1 of those small capsuals included, if it is the same size as those other ones, then I can definitely see how it will give tiny loads for the volcano too.

3. guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across any links for cheap/generic easy valve screen replacements? If so, please msg me. Cheers

4. Crussell27

Crussell27 Avid Jack Garbarino Enthusiast

Hey guys. Just joined the Volcano club. My sister gave me her digital Volcano with the easy valve set which included the adapter mouthpiece, so can make bags as well. Been grinding relatively fine with my sharpstone and getting amazing bags with it. Love this machine. :)

Trypsy Summers, SloJimFizz and Vitolo like this.
  5. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

@Vitolo It amazes me that you are able to use 42" bags for an entire year between changes. If I make my bags any longer than 20", they weaken near the valve after a few weeks, then fall over while filling, which bugs the shit out of me. Whenever that begins happening, I cut off a few inches of bag material where it attaches to the valve housing.

blackstone and Vitolo like this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

When I get to the end of the bag, I pull the bag lengthwise it's entire length, and I inhale intensely till the bag has no crinkle sound. I store it flat. When I use it next day, I do not let the bag flop on it's side during filling. I support the bag, if not straight up, I at least do not allow the hot air to concentrate on one spot.
    I believe a video is in order here... showing bag as it was stored, me filling it, vaping it, and storing it once again. It is not very dense vapor... the load was already zapped twice in that big bag, this morning.
    Click to play YouTube Video

7. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

I just noticed that video is only a few hours old. Did you make it just for me?

Also, how long have you been using that bag? That is, when did you make it?

ChooChooCharlie likes this.
  8. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Yes I made it to answer your question (just for you), and hopefully it may help others.
    That bag is 6 months old, and at it's halfway point.
    I celebrated it's making in October of 2016 at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano.220/page-113#post-1040829

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors