1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Volcano South, Oct 10, 2008.

1. superx1

superx1 New Member

Yes, i did notice how easy it was cleaning the chamber when it still retained heat. Recently i tried alcohol wipes and they worked a treat.

I did use 70% iso to soak the metal inner chamber and the outer plastic
    for 30-40 min the very first time cleaning it, they come out in mint condition ( spotless clean)

I will avoid soaking any plastic next time round..

Regarding the fine mesh screens (two in the chamber) i will be needing to order some soon enough, i notice the prices on these can almost work out at a dollar each and pricey else were which sounds a bit on the steep side. I have noticed them at a lower price but they were not the branded ones... I guess it makes sense to stick with the branded ones ? and should i always use the fine mesh for ground up flower to avoid any matter falling through?

Cheers, and take it easy......

2. CanadianFlowers

CanadianFlowers Vapor Enthusiast

Its true, ive soaked throughout the first 10 months or so with my first solid valve housing, clips eventually broke after heavy use but ive also dropped the valve multiple times which doesn't help, after a soak you'll see a white stain like you say I usually scratched it off but never thought anything of it.

Now I soak some paper towel in some iso an wipe it down after reclaiming with a razor carefully.

Also @superx1 you most definitely want to be using the fine mesh screens bought direct from s&b trust me your bags will last longer and you'll be able to properly vape kief alone without any abv for a 'sammich' method lol I've been using the same fine screens (bottom & top) for almost a year now.

Honestly should be included in the valve sets.

How I use them is the fine screen first on the bottom of the bowl than another regular screen to take the impacts of the brush when cleaning. For the easy valve I do the same thing for the top, fine screen than regular screen. For the solid valve plunger screen I sandwich the fine screen in between 2 regular screens to allow one to brush vigorously without crumpling the screens lol

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    superx1 and Baron23 like this.
  3. superx1

superx1 New Member

Yes, i did receive several screens with the easy valve. One of them got pretty messesd up
    when it came in close contact with some bubble, (cleaned recently so its fine) now i just sandwich it between the green like you
    were saying.

It works a treat and is instant numbness to the body perfect for late evenings. I also have
    the other screens which are for extracts i just prefer doing a sandwich with it.

I would love a key ring size volcano lol....

Enjoy your weekend.

4. JamesTiberiousKirk

JamesTiberiousKirk Well-Known Member

Hi FCers,

A week ago I bought a Volcano Classic.

This post will be to answer three Obvious questions:

1. Why did I buy a Volcano?
    2. What were the noobie mistakes I made when first using the Volcano?
    3. What is my opinion of the Volcano?

Let's begin.

1. In early January 2017 I was stricken with a very persistent and particularly nasty chest infection. I could not medicate, except for edibles. Even the usually very smooth FF2 was useless due to the enormously long draws and associated lung capacity required.

I love edibles and tinctures (I am in a legal state). But they do not work fast enough in the morning for my needs.

I had always known about the Volcano, and how enormously it was loved. But I never thought I would ever spend that much for a vaporizer. But in my current lung infected medication deprived state, and the fact that 3 months ago I spent $340 on a DaVinci IQ, I decided fuck it! I need cool bags of cannabis vapors now!

Mt LHS had one that I knew was available.

So I bought it.

2. During my first three bag fills (highly medicated at this point), I tried to shove the easy valve bag mouthpiece through the loading chamber lower screen, causing warm AVB to fly everywhere. Lesson well learned.

3. WOW!!! This is an incredible machine. I regret only it took so long to get one.

My favorite portables still will be in service proudly. Just not at home. I have found my Mother Ship.

At least for now.

5. superx1

superx1 New Member

For several weeks now my temps have been sitting at 185 c, Since I was enjoying the flavors
    and the amazing undertones i was getting from this temp i felt there was no need to flaffle around with the temps. The herb is iced grapefruit and long time cured which gives of this refreshing kiwi after taste, recently I have been playing around with the temps and decided to turn it up to 200 c. I have also been sneaking bits of bubble and hand pressed dry sift in to the middle of the herb....

This change of action has taking my vaping sessions to a different level, there is also little difference
    if any with aftertaste / harshness levels, and overall consumption levels of the herb have dramatically come down as well since switching to the volcano at Xmas time, loving this bit of equipment...

Have 2 portables that are winging there way towards my direction midweek, can not wait to test run these...

6. SMODomite

SMODomite Well-Known Member

Happy to say my brother has been following my advice in the vaporizer department, His first vape was an LSV from my recommendation and it worked well for him, but now with 3 people living in his house and often having friends over, and after trying my Volcano quite a few times since I got it, he decided to take a piece of his tax return and buy himself a Volcano Classic! He should be getting it either today or tomorrow and now we will be able to have some duel volcano nights when we have a large group.

7. AAndroid

AAndroid Member

Hey fellow ents! This is my first post and I'm making it to celebrate getting my first vape, the Volcano Classic, which I picked up two weeks ago after reading this entire thread which confirmed my beliefs about how awesome the volcano would be. I am so happy to be part of this awesome vape community and I am happy I got the Volcano, this thing is a beast!

Also I put together a sweet volcano travel kit and water tool setup that I want to share with you guys in the form of a how-to guide sort-of-thing soon. :rockon:

8. JamesTiberiousKirk

AAndroid likes this.
  9. AAndroid

AAndroid Member

It'll be a little while before I get that out because I have a bunch of projects going on right now but it's something I'm looking forward to :)

I was hoping I could get some feedback from my fellow Volcano users here on this idea that I've been kicking around for a small holder to attach your filled easy valve balloons to. I put this design together from source files I found on thingiverse that I modified.

Basically you can attach any filled easy valve balloon to any of the three pieces. There is also a cutout in the top of the "volcano" to hold the mouthpiece.

I guess my question is would anybody actually use this thing aside from myself? What would be a reasonable price? What material do you think would work best (I'm going to try a porcelain version since it's foodgrade and safe)? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Please view the 3D model here: http://a360.co/2lWXzP5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    JamesTiberiousKirk likes this.
  10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Cool idea and I like your graphic rendering but wonder at its utility. I really only use one Cano bag at a time and when they aren't on the chamber they have the MP stuck in the end.

I like it, just can't quite get clear on the use case.

11. macdemexico

macdemexico New Member

My filling chamber appears to be rusting? Thought it was stainless? Suggestions?

12. JamesTiberiousKirk

I agree with Baron, it is a cool design, but I am not convinced of the usefulness.

13. pwntoast

pwntoast New Member

14. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not.
    May be useful to some people!

https://www.magma-industries.com/

Water conditioning of the vapor before it enters the bag.

15. pwntoast

pwntoast New Member

Greetings lazylathe,

The Magma looks interestingly dangerous, lol.
    I just pre-ordered :clap:
    Does the Magma provide spill protection in the event the end user over fills?

Thanks,
    coast

justcametomind likes this.
  16. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Not a clue!
    I just found it and thought i would share!

It's up to you to be out test pilot!

17. DrFitzgerald

DrFitzgerald New Member

Has anyone tried the fine mesh filters "for powder" from Storz and Bickel? I mix my crystals with weed when vaping them but it's inevitable that some fall through the gaps. Is the fine mesh filter better for this and is there any difference at all when using it to vape weed alone?

18. Baron23

I have them but haven't used them. I have a reduced chamber and some dosing capsules and use those when mixing pollen or concentrate with a bit of herb or on a liquid pad in the dosing capsule.

19. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Sorry if my question has been answered before:
    How do filter with water the volcano bags? I use a solid valve and just tighten it on the gasket, maybe there is a better method ??

I have used the volcano for a long time through the water, I like to draw long and often

20. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Me too! Like a fucking coloring book :ko:

superx1 likes this.
  21. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Whissmu and turk like this.
  22. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

23. sixstringsmash

sixstringsmash Well-Known Member

How often do you guys usually change the air filter's under your unit? Every 6 months? Every year? I've been noticing a bit of a stale taste lately and think the air filter might be the culprit.

24. Baron23

I've had mine for a bit over a year and haven't touched the filter. Its only used in my home and the filter looks perfectly clean. I should imagine that this is tied directly to the degree of dust/dirt in the environment that its used in, e.g. a construction site office trailer leaps to mind haha.

If I did think it was getting a bit dirty, I might try to wash is gently in some distilled water and let it dry well. After all, all that's being picked up is airborne dust and just like your reusable HVAC filter, I would try a quick wash or even just blowing off a bit with compressed air before deciding to replace it.

25. turk

turk turk

.....2 1/2 -3 years...never changed filter...don't use everyday though...

sixstringsmash likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors