Nunavut Tripper

..............................................................................................................

Now this---using a Volcano in a car, gave me a good laugh visualizing that :)

Was that for the upcoming Cheech and Chong movie, Vaping To The Max ? ;)
Or imagine the cop that glances over to see a Volcano and bag in action in a car.....
One of my bright ideas that didn't pan out too well . LOL

@macdemexico Since it is the holiday season as well, they might swamped with messages/questions about gifts combined with being light on staff

@Nunavut Tripper It can be done, I have seen a functioning volcano in a car, you might just need a more powerful converter haha

Not looking for car use,just regular 110 wall outlet.

3 days? I do not get impatient for at least a full work week. :)
9 weeks for a Crafty failure issue, so maybe I am jaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
macdemexico,

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I've heard a few times on reddit and here, that some fellow volcano users had been to the combustion point with their volcano.
The first time I didn't pay attention but the second time was different.
It was someone who, after running the same bowl for 30 times at the max temp, had saw combustion in his load...

I was very doubtful about that we've been using my volcano for a decade, and I'm using it from 190 to 230 all the time, concentrate, two meters balloon, revaped Abv and the beast is always producing vapor.

So for science today I've loaded the solid valve chamber (just covering the screen, half bowl and full bowl) with ABV and let it run at 230 for an hour, and as expected not even a little smoke out there, just regular ABV.

Although, if the volcano is producing an air flow at 230°c the load can't go above this temperature (where the ignition point is) making combustion impossible...

I think that the temperature sensor could be the cause, but I would love to hear from them on that as I keep thinking about that :p

Don't let poor injured volcano in the wild, bring them to the hospital! :D

Baron23

I've heard a few times on reddit and here, that some fellow volcano users had been to the combustion point with their volcano.
The first time I didn't pay attention but the second time was different.
It was someone who, after running the same bowl for 30 times at the max temp, had saw combustion in his load...

I was very doubtful about that we've been using my volcano for a decade, and I'm using it from 190 to 230 all the time, concentrate, two meters balloon, revaped Abv and the beast is always producing vapor.

So for science today I've loaded the solid valve chamber (just covering the screen, half bowl and full bowl) with ABV and let it run at 230 for an hour, and as expected not even a little smoke out there, just regular ABV.

Although, if the volcano is producing an air flow at 230°c the load can't go above this temperature (where the ignition point is) making combustion impossible...

I think that the temperature sensor could be the cause, but I would love to hear from them on that as I keep thinking about that :p

I agree....can't see how to get a Volcano to combust without it having a temp control malfunction and exceeding the max allowed temp.

I haven't been able to get anywhere near combustion with my Digit no matter the grind, dryness of herb, or temp.

Cheers

showman

No, they don't.

Bummer. However, I'm not sure the medic units have any features not available on the standard volcano anymore; they sell those check-valve silicone lip pieces that came with the medic now for both the Mighty and the easy valve. Not sure what else is the difference with the medic unit. Does anyone know?

showman,

DrFitzgerald

Can anyone please recommend a supplier of legitimate Volcano vaporizers in the UK? After reading about the extent of counterfeit products I've absolutely no idea who to trust. I'd normally just buy direct from the manufacturer but at the current Euro exchange rate the price is absolutely dreadful.

Namaste Vapes looked legitimate but on further digging there's quite a few allegations of dodgy behaviour (which is how I found this forum!) that's put me off. 'Interweb Entertainment' (own website and on Amazon) sell a lot of Storz and Bickel products but it just seems a bit dodgy, particularly the crud name and website.

Would be really grateful for some advice. Apologies, I know there's a specific counterfeit section but it's not as popular as this thread.

DrFitzgerald,

DrFitzgerald

I always recommend vapefiend for the Brits

Thanks for the recommendation - I emailed Storz and Bickel yesterday but thought they'd be slower with a response - just to say they confirmed Interweb Entertainment sells genuine products (which is handy as their prices are good).

DrFitzgerald,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I did it once. Lack of airflow was what did it. I had the worst shit vapables possible but it would work if one vaped like a rolling pin of it and I was very ill at the time, and this was the only thing that would help me sleep. So I was having to cram as much as I could in the volcano bowl, packed down so i could put more in. The pump really struggled but managed it. Apart from the one time I'd clearly over done it and... poof, combustion. Caught it pretty quick tho so there was no 'fire', just a disgusting bag of smoke.

EmDeemo,
If you wanted to vaporize DMT w/ the Volcano and balloons, would purchasing a separate filling chamber (and using a dedicated balloon) avoid any concerns about odor/taste that people talk about when using vaporizers for DMT?

jirodreamsofbooty,

DrFitzgerald

Used my new Volcano for first time tonight. Completely new to vaping - must say I am blown away. Had only a tiny bit of weed left - just the shit left in my rolling box, mostly tobacco with the odd bit of escaped green and crystals. In a joint I would have been lucky to have got a mild buzz off this, wouldn't have even bothered using it to be honest, just wanted to try my new toy.

In the volcano this gave me an extremely pleasant high that has lasted almost four hours and filled three balloons!

What a great piece of kit, can't wait to try it with just green.

TboneToker

Used my new Volcano for first time tonight. Completely new to vaping - must say I am blown away. Had only a tiny bit of weed left - just the shit left in my rolling box, mostly tobacco with the odd bit of escaped green and crystals. In a joint I would have been lucky to have got a mild buzz off this, wouldn't have even bothered using it to be honest, just wanted to try my new toy.

In the volcano this gave me an extremely pleasant high that has lasted almost four hours and filled three balloons!

What a great piece of kit, can't wait to try it with just green.

Great temps for green is just under 6! Or higher if you like.. I like it just under 6, that never makes me cough and it gives me good vapor. You can always of course raise the temp for more vapor, or just pack it tighter/finer grind!

DrFitzgerald

Great temps for green is just under 6! Or higher if you like.. I like it just under 6, that never makes me cough and it gives me good vapor. You can always of course raise the temp for more vapor, or just pack it tighter/finer grind!

Cheers, aye, last night I found no need to go above 6.5, 6 definitely seems like the sweet spot for me.

DrFitzgerald,
Reactions: TboneToker

DrFitzgerald

Just wondering if there's any consensus on preheating? Instructions supplied with volcano seem to suggest preheating material in chamber with fan on for five seconds before attaching bag - is this the best way?

DrFitzgerald,
Reactions: blackstone

damm

Just wondering if there's any consensus on preheating? Instructions supplied with volcano seem to suggest preheating material in chamber with fan on for five seconds before attaching bag - is this the best way?

Pretty much yeah; start the fan for 3-5 seconds then attach the valve for a few seconds (or until vapor is produced) attach bag and enjoy.

I suspect some people would think it's wasting for waiting for vapor to start; others would consider it making sure you fill it with just your medicine and not empty air.

Take your pick.

TboneToker

Pretty much yeah; start the fan for 3-5 seconds then attach the valve for a few seconds (or until vapor is produced) attach bag and enjoy.

I suspect some people would think it's wasting for waiting for vapor to start; others would consider it making sure you fill it with just your medicine and not empty air.

Take your pick.
whether its a waste or not, I think it's worth it cause it seems to get me more medicated with less, this way. I guess more medication per puff is better?

anyways, I think Storz and Bickel are right 3-5 seconds is best, no need to wait till you see vapor, cause then you have for sure missed some valuable terpenes. But if you just wait 3-5 seconds I think you'll have good results.

Top Bottom