Vitolo

Vaporist
Is the volcano 100% convection or is it a hybrid convection and conduction?
Conduction means that the herbal matter is packed (snuggly most of the time for best results)... and that the oven around the herb gets hot and bakes the herb, as you inhale the building vapor from around and through the herb as it bakes.
Convection means you use already heated air, and pull (or push by forced air) this hot air through a more loosely poured pile of herb.
True, but the same thing can be said for other vapes as well, eh?
good choice of phraseology!
You can't get more convection than convection.
(or.. convection is as convection does)

david8613

The reason why i ask is with portables i noticed conduction, or hybrids conduction/convection unit produce more clouds than similar 100% convection only units. The volcano i see throws massive clouds, thats why im questioning this.... im wondering if there is a little conduction going on in there

david8613,

lwien

The reason why i ask is with portables i noticed conduction, or hybrids conduction/convection unit produce more clouds than similar 100% convection only units. The volcano i see throws massive clouds, thats why im questioning this.... im wondering if there is a little conduction going on in there

The amount of clouds that a vaporizer can produce has absolutely nothing to do with convection versus conduction. I'll pit the cloud production of my convection based LSV against any conduction based vaporizer on the market. The same thing can be said though for many other convection based vapes as well.

Vitolo

Vaporist
For a sample of clouds from an LSV, see vid at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/page-155#post-367050
I can match these clouds with the SSV (standard)
The Volcano, packed and used properly can give vapor almost as thick, but of course it goes into the bag, so tastes a bit less "warm"... and may appear a bit more diffuse.
This Video shows vapor at 378º
I can get MUCH thicker vapor at 390.... but I love the 378º flavor.
At 400 to 440 the vapor is milkshake thick.. you can't see through the bag!

eddycano

Hey guys ! bought a volcano one week ago after 2 years of heat gun or cheap vapes ... I got the classic with easy valve and i'd like to know if anyone ever tryed to put 2 screens instead of 1 on the top part of the filling chamber so that less small particles flow through it and goes in the bag ?

eddycano,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Welcome
I am really surprised you are getting particles in the bag.
Most folks that experience "dust" comes from the dried sublimate that is stuck in an older bag.
The herbal matter... even fine powdery herb should not make it through.
Some folks here use a second screen in effort to add a layer, in effort to get thicker hits... or they use the oil pad (stainless steel mesh) to have a tight chamber using less herb..
The second screen on top will make the air pass slightly more slowly, giving the herb a chance to have longer exposure to the passing air.
If vaping kief, I throw a screen on top, to prevent the clogging of the top screen.
The "Phantom" (a Volcano Knock off) chamber has a much wider gage screen than Volcano.
Is the chamber perhaps from the phantom?
Could you take a picture of your top screen in good resolution, so I can see if it is the standard very fine Volcano screen? (Volcano themselves had wider gage screens, and after market accessory makers use the wider gage too).

Vitolo,

eddycano

got mine frome storz and bickel direcly ! never seen a mesh that fine ! but still i see some particles in the bag ... it doesn't bother me at all or affects the quality of the vapor I just noticed it. But my medicine makes huge amounts of kief so I vape a lot of it, putting it like sugar on my herb hehehe throwing a screen on it seems to be the solution for my kiefy bag thanks

Plus the kief makes the top screen really cloggy indeed ... I clean it with fire (the only combustion I tolerate) and it looks brand new

Last edited:
eddycano,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is what I prefer to use.
The solid Valve set is a few dollars more, because it comes with screw and nut replacements, but the EZ valve set of 6 is more valuable as 3 of them do not have holes in the center and are bigger (EZ valve has larger circumference.

Newbie, hoping right spot. I am bringing a 220-240 v UK Volcano to US. Will it harm unit or slow heat up if I use a 110 converter for use in US?

CanadianBakin

@lwien can you chime in,

Will a 220-240 v UK Volcano be damaged if you use a 110 converter for use in the US

I have a related question. If a converter isn't recommended, can a UK Volcano Classic be converted to 110 by changing the power cord, or is there more to it?

CanadianBakin,

Nunavut Tripper

Researcing online appears a converter will not damage Volcano but concerned about affect on performance. Any electricians out there that vape when not around high voltage :)
I did try a volcano in my car with a converter in my dash cig lighter.
It did work but very low power and couldn't get much heat from it so gave up on that idea .

MinnBobber

I did try a volcano in my car with a converter in my dash cig lighter.
It did work but very low power and couldn't get much heat from it so gave up on that idea
..............................................................................................................

Now this---using a Volcano in a car, gave me a good laugh visualizing that :)

Was that for the upcoming Cheech and Chong movie, Vaping To The Max ? ;)
Or imagine the cop that glances over to see a Volcano and bag in action in a car.....

Top Bottom