• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

SMODomite

Hey everyone,

Solid valve user, have had my volcano for a little over a month now and lately I have been noticing some vapor leaking from the slits on the end of the bag that you attach to the filling chamber while it is filling. Maybe I just didnt notice in the beginning that this was happening but I wanted to see if it was normal or if there was an easy fix. Got my first attempt at replacing the bag though which is good, although I made it way too small so I am about to replace it again

Nunavut Tripper

Hey everyone,

Solid valve user, have had my volcano for a little over a month now and lately I have been noticing some vapor leaking from the slits on the end of the bag that you attach to the filling chamber while it is filling. Maybe I just didnt notice in the beginning that this was happening but I wanted to see if it was normal or if there was an easy fix. Got my first attempt at replacing the bag though which is good, although I made it way too small so I am about to replace it again
Sounds like your bag is leaking.
When you make up your new one make sure fold material back over the first O ring and double seal with the second ring and you should be good

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
A quick method of loading will likely be of demand. Perhaps someone out here should manufacture a loader suitable for business application

Greetings! As a matter of fact, I am currently working on a handful of accessories for the Volcano vaporizer (and other S&B vaporizers).

A Capsule filling station is actually one of the products I'm nearly finished designing. Basically you drop 8 empty capsules into the device, place on the top, and then dump your herbs into the tray and slide it around until all the holes are full, then use a tamping tool to push everything down in place. (A larger version of this device will be available for businesses looking to refill more than 8 capsules at a time)

Feel free to subscribe to the New Products RSS feed on my store - I'm always adding new vaporizer accessories to the storefront (currently at 94 products and growing rapidly!)

Baron23

Greetings! As a matter of fact, I am currently working on a handful of accessories for the Volcano vaporizer (and other S&B vaporizers).

A Capsule filling station is actually one of the products I'm nearly finished designing. Basically you drop 8 empty capsules into the device, place on the top, and then dump your herbs into the tray and slide it around until all the holes are full, then use a tamping tool to push everything down in place. (A larger version of this device will be available for businesses looking to refill more than 8 capsules at a time)

Feel free to subscribe to the New Products RSS feed on my store - I'm always adding new vaporizer accessories to the storefront (currently at 94 products and growing rapidly!)
GREAT idea.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Can someone who has the volcano dosing capsules please tell me their size: diameter and height?

I haven't been able to look up that info, but I do have a potentially vapey idea: volcano dc + the new divine tribe 3.0 ceramic donut atty = instant on-demand convection flower vape for under $100.00?

Only if the capsule fits inside...

Vape Donkey 650,

Vape Donkey 650

Wise guy :brow:

Can I get the dimensions of the volcano dosing capsule in a more universally recognized unit of measurements, like millimeters, inches, or cubits? :hmm:

And not in units of whimsy, or that are variable and arbitrary? :huh: :doh:

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: Thcgos

Vape Donkey 650

Talk about picky.... :)

I guess I am :shrug:

Just wanna be sure these little buttons will fit inside the space I have in the new ceramic donut. I'm guesstimating they are about 10mm in diameter and about 5-8mm tall? That will drop in there. If it will actually work as a container for convection vape with that new atty... I gotta find out myself. :hmm:

Figured if any of you guys have some of these little discs in front of you, you could tell me the size. I also e-mailed S & B but thought maybe I could get a quicker response here?

Oh yea, silat, if you love your DT 2.7, and you don't already have a V3.0 on the way...go hook yourself up! :o these new donuts are amazing!!! (off topic)

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: Silat

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sorry.
I just went in the office and found that the metal band around all of our brands of pencils were identical, and then...
I read that all the buttons made in USA and most countries were standard for dress shirts.
These were the tools at my disposal, and I assumed (which one should never do) that most folks out there had these "tools" as well.
My whimsy was meant to allow anyone out there to rip off the eraser, and use the metal ring to insert and measure for depth....
The button was so you could remove a button and drop it in for fit.
One can not get a tape measure inside of such a space, so I was attempting to translate the exact measurements to a useable insertion device... which could afterwards be measured.
One man's whimsy is another man's attempt to give you on hand tools to work with.
For those with no button to drop in, and no pencil "band" to do a depth test......
The diameter is 9/16 of an inch.
The height is 5/8 of an inch.

I'm guesstimating they are about 10mm in diameter and about 5-8mm tall?
HEY..... wait a minute.:science:
Your guessitimation seems less accurate than my pencil band and button measure!

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Can someone who has the volcano dosing capsules please tell me their size: diameter and height?

I haven't been able to look up that info, but I do have a potentially vapey idea: volcano dc + the new divine tribe 3.0 ceramic donut atty = instant on-demand convection flower vape for under $100.00?

Only if the capsule fits inside...

These might be slightly overestimated, but this should help (units in mm):

Capsule_MaxDiameter = 15.15;
Capsule_MinDiameter = 14.15; //small taper
Capsule_Height = 9.25;

Vape Donkey 650

Thanks for the info, everybody. Now I got some conflicting info :huh: Vaporist says 9/16", Ratchett says up to 15mm (much bigger! too big :doh:) and S & B responded to my email real quick too. They say "about 1/2" "

Which is it? My ceramic atty has an opening about 12mm diameter, tops, so I think these dosing capsules might be barely too big to fit inside and let me try my cheap convection flower vape idea. :( However, @Bad Ocelot also has both of these items in his possession, so he can see if the capsule can be stuffed inside. :nod: :tup:

Maybe I should just buy some anyways....they work with the crafty right? Could maybe keep the bowl and cooling unit cleaner? :suspicious:

They are as light as a feather.

Is that not whimsy? :D :p I don't have any pencils with erasers around me, and strangely, the buttons on my dress shirts are variable in size, all mine are well under 1/2" :shrug:

HEY..... wait a minute.:science:
Your guessitimation seems less accurate than my pencil band and button measure!

Yea, one must guesstimate when lacking other resources at the moment? I just looked at the pic with 6 DC's in the orange loading tool / magazine, which I do have in front of me. I measured with a ruler an approximation of the area that it appears the capsules take up in the magazine, 10mm was a rough, optimistically biased estimate on my part. :| :(

LHnlKxl.jpg

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,

Vape Donkey 650

Thnx Stu :bowdown:

More than 12mm.... but less than 14? :bang: 13? 12.7? Like a .50 cal? :evil: (pop pop tat tat)

Your ruler resolving MM in increments of 2 threw me off at first :hmm: Sure looks like 9/16"

I think these things wil be too big to fit in my V3 donut, but hopefully @Misbehaved Wild Feline will confirm that for me shortly.

Vape Donkey 650,
Reactions: Stu

TboneToker

PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO GET TO VAPOR BLISSS WITH THE VOLCANO (;

I like to set the volcano on and let it heat up nice, usually around 6.5 or higher for this.

Fill the chamber completely and add a little kief (; MUAHAHAHAHAHAH May my friends fall deeply in love with everything when the vape with me <3
So fill a bag completely, but make sure you wait until the vapor is quite thick before you put the bag on <YES YOU WILL WASTE SOME MATS> but it's worth cause you get VAKED SUPER BLAST QUICK! Enjoy Amigos and Amigas <3

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Hey All, Just Dropping by to show some Love for the SOLID VALVE KIT. When I purchased my Volcano Digital from Vapor Nation around a year and a half ago the package I bought included the Volcano Digital, Easy Valve Kit & Soft Carry Case. I purchased separately the Solid Valve Kit and extra boxes of balloon material. I've been using the Easy Valve since. On a whim the other day I decided that its time to clean the easy valve filling chamber. What a perfect time to try the Solid Valve.

So that's what I've been doing since and I must say that I'm Pleasantly surprised by its performance! It has its benefits over the Easy Valve. One being the adjustable chamber, pretty cool! I will say that its quite a bit heavier for sure. But I like the positive, firm spring action of the mouthpiece valve. I will take my time going back to the Easy Valve as I'm enjoying this one alot right now.

Have a Great Day All:peace::rockon:

CanadianBakin

I like the solid valve too. I posted this at /r/vaporents yesterday:

There are things I like about the easy valve, but I prefer the solid valve for solo vaping. I've had one for 7-8 years now and was curious about what the easy valve was like, so I bought one several months ago. I usually put in about .15 g, so I tried that with the easy valve, using the same base and temperature settings. The first bag, I hardly noticed anything - pretty wispy. I filled it a second time and got a bit more, but still pretty wispy. On a whim, I put AVB in the solid valve and got plenty of vape out of it.
I tried filling the easy valve, so that the weed didn't float around as much, then taking hits throughout the day and stirring it. This wasn't really practical because the first bag would be thick and potent, then they'd get thinner and weaker throughout the day.
Next I tried putting just .15 g in the easy valve and covering it with a liquid pad. This worked a fair bit better. Almost as good as the solid valve, but not quite. Putting the pad in and taking it out was also a bit of a pain. Not enough to sway me one way or the other, but the solid valve was also more efficient.
I wasn't ready to give up yet, so I ordered the reducing chamber for the easy valve. With .15 g, quite a bit of the weed got blown onto the top of the reducing chamber and out of the air path. Reducing chamber with a small liquid pad worked better, about the same as the regular chamber with liquid pad, and same issues.
The reducing chamber comes with one dosing capsule, so I also tried it with that. Conveniently, it holds about .15 g. I felt this was the best combination I'd tried for the easy valve. The ABV still had some vape left in it that the solid valve could get out, though. And fussing with the capsules would cancel out some of the user-friendliness of the solid valve.
I really wanted to like the easy valve. It's easier to use, definitely the one you want if you have a crowd over. The valves are lighter to hold/pass and don't require as much pressure to draw from. But the solid valve just seems to give me more/better vapour. For me, that's more important.

vapeguy

Lately I've been using my Volcano Digit with smaller amounts but starting at high temps, temps I would normally end a larger load at, like 420-430, and get 1 good bag and maybe an ok second. If I start a small load at the temp I start a larger load I barely get anything.

Anyone else sometimes do this?

There are things I like about the easy valve, but I prefer the solid valve for solo vaping. I've had one for 7-8 years now and was curious about what the easy valve was like, so I bought one several months ago. I usually put in about .15 g, so I tried that with the easy valve, using the same base and temperature settings. The first bag, I hardly noticed anything - pretty wispy. I filled it a second time and got a bit more, but still pretty wispy. On a whim, I put AVB in the solid valve and got plenty of vape out of it.
I tried filling the easy valve, so that the weed didn't float around as much, then taking hits throughout the day and stirring it. This wasn't really practical because the first bag would be thick and potent, then they'd get thinner and weaker throughout the day.
Next I tried putting just .15 g in the easy valve and covering it with a liquid pad. This worked a fair bit better. Almost as good as the solid valve, but not quite. Putting the pad in and taking it out was also a bit of a pain. Not enough to sway me one way or the other, but the solid valve was also more efficient.
I wasn't ready to give up yet, so I ordered the reducing chamber for the easy valve. With .15 g, quite a bit of the weed got blown onto the top of the reducing chamber and out of the air path. Reducing chamber with a small liquid pad worked better, about the same as the regular chamber with liquid pad, and same issues.
The reducing chamber comes with one dosing capsule, so I also tried it with that. Conveniently, it holds about .15 g. I felt this was the best combination I'd tried for the easy valve. The ABV still had some vape left in it that the solid valve could get out, though. And fussing with the capsules would cancel out some of the user-friendliness of the solid valve.
I really wanted to like the easy valve. It's easier to use, definitely the one you want if you have a crowd over. The valves are lighter to hold/pass and don't require as much pressure to draw from. But the solid valve just seems to give me more/better vapour. For me, that's more important.

I've never used the easy valve but just seeing its design I could tell the solid valve would vaporize more efficiently, thanks for confirming this. I've said previously in this thread that I think the solid valve is clearly the best choice for many reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMODomite

Another solid valve lover here...I have not tried the EZ valve yet so I cannot compare unfortunately but for me, the thing I was most worried about with the solid valve was replacing the bags. After thinking I had a small tear in my first bag the unit came with I tried my hand at replacing the bags and it really wasn't too bad. It'll take some getting used to but I feel like after 3 or 4 times I will have it down pretty well.

Vitolo

Vaporist
On a whim, I put AVB in the solid valve
I find the opposite.
I have both solid and EZ valve.
I can put Solid Valve ABV and get further hits from it with the EZ valve.
I no longer care much for the Solid Valve.
It is, I admit, more conservative and efficient, but cleaning the actual chamber and its parts once sticky, and taking it apart and reassembling is an effort that turns me off... one that does not exist in the EZ Valve.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
It is, I admit, more conservative and efficient, but cleaning the actual chamber and its parts once sticky, and taking it apart and reassembling is an effort that turns me off... one that does not exist in the EZ Valve.

Hi Vitolo,
So you do not clean your easy valves and reuse?

Silat,

Vitolo

Vaporist

blackstone

You might need to be careful to get a year from a bag! I used to get terrible holes around the two month mark but maybe I was careless, I try to baby them now.
I think there is a lot of waste if there are holes (it can be seen if you're near a light), so I just changed when they leaked bad.
I was trying to stay hole free to hold iso for a reclaim but I could always use that jar/vase method that was pointed out.
There must be some amount of this reclaim thrown out around the world?!
Reminds me of what one might get up to/sell on the side if they worked in a mj coffeeshop!

So i was thinking the other day how I don't like one thing about all my "direct draw" portables, it's that in the finish, I'll always end up with a mouth/lung full of hot air and mostly nothing. So I'll have to go back a few draws and try to remember that as the nicest one!
I find the last draw from each Volcano bag turns out the strongest. And the way I use the vape, I can make the last bag the strongest one.
So now, there's another benefit to bags over direct draw, for all the bag snobs lol

blackstone,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I used to get terrible holes around the two month mark
Every bag I use, I pull to it's length as I near the last hit, and never let the bag just crinkle up... I pull and suck the last vapor then the bag is in flattened form. I am sure that helps... also I run 2 bags at once.. I have a long bag (42 inches) and a regular bag, so each only gets half a beating over a year.
You can see the images of how they look after a year.

Top Bottom