rshetts

"Now my Green "AIR" button is really starting to give trouble, it was always a bit iffy and stresses me out trying to end a bag fill sometimes. (the complete opposite desired effect of owning a good vape!)"

Not sure exactly what your problem is with the Air button but if the problem is that it gets stuck in the on position and is hard to push in, a friend of mine had that exact problem about 2 months ago. I sprayed a very small amount of WD 40 on the button and worked it in. He hasnt had a single problem since.

Baron23

I own a Volcano and have used it pretty much daily for over 10 years. I also own about a dozen other vaporizers and have tried many others. If you think it's a "weed hog", you're using it wrong. The Volcano is as efficient as any other top-grade vaporizer out there, if not more so. Perhaps you use it like I've seen others do, where the user thinks the screen has to be covered at the bare minimum. Not true. Try taking a tiny pinch of strong herb and put it in the chamber, spreading it evenly across the screen. A pinch won't cover the screen but it doesn't matter. Make sure the valve is clean enough and turn up the heat to 8 or whatever that is on a digital version and fill up a bag. That tiny pinch will get you blasted and after that one bag, the herb will contain a very little amount of psychoactive compounds left. This can be confirmed by saving up a bunch and cooking with it. Quite a bit of ABV is required when the material was vaporized this way.

I mostly vape solo now and it is most definitely as efficient or more efficient than my other vaporizers. The only kind I haven't tried are the ones that use hot air guns on glass bongs but those look like they require large loads and appear to be more of a "weed hog" than the Volcano.
As I had also mentioned, I too really do find the Volcano to be very efficient. I personally think the reason that it works so well with very small loads is the fan air just blows the stuff around between top and bottom screen (I have the EV) which exposes very bit on every side to hot air for extraction.

I have a Digit. Quite frankly, I wish it had rocker switches instead of the momentary on/off action switch. I just like simple (so why a digit...cause I like to set temp precisely) and a mechanical rocker is all of that. I am guessing that the momentary action switch sends a current to the circuit board which will change on/off from whatever the last setting is.

Volcano is a beast and I'm very happy with it.

Vitolo

Vaporist
There's nothing that the WD40 can't fix! :bowdown:
Holy miracle fish oil!

But be careful when using it on plastics, as he can bleach them.

Although, here is the DIY guide for replacing the button it may be useful :)

http://volcanotips.com/volcano/fixing-a-broken-switch-on-the-volcano/
Please check the link... it does not open a page.
For some reason it leads to the "dead link" http://%20http://volcanotips.com/volcano/fixing-a-broken-switch-on-the-volcano/
The link you want is: http://volcanotips.com/volcano/fixing-a-broken-switch-on-the-volcano/

ChooChooCharlie

This page shows detailed instructions. For Digit model.
(but doesn't S&B warn strongly against this?)

http://depoteco.com/blog/volcano-switch/

They sell switches too. Love their product description:

1GmJdCbl.jpg

Baron23

This page shows detailed instructions. For Digit model.
(but doesn't S&B warn strongly against this?)

http://depoteco.com/blog/volcano-switch/

They sell switches too. Love their product description:

1GmJdCbl.jpg
It will void the warranty but if your warranty is expired, then is just a simple switch replacement. I'm sure S&B warns against this, they are in the business of repairing vapes as well as selling them.

blackstone

Thanks Everybody!
Yes it seems the "momentary"! push switch is intermittent fault, as if there's something loose inside, or it could be a bad connection deeper inside.
First I thought I wasn't pushing hard enough, and yeah, WD40 or similar would probably free it a lot or decrease the resistance a bit!

It normally happens at the end of a bag fill, so I think the pump vibes are knocking some factory debris into place,
then last night, it went completely dead, couldn't operate the pump with any kind of pushing and I made a video of it for CS.
Now it's back to fully functional!?

I would also prefer a rocker or a push button that's a little less stiff.
Was thinking to ask for a rocker but as someone pointed out, the momentary requirement of the circuit would make a rocker silly in this case.

It's under a year old but it's just a bit of a pain having to send it away in the post and receive it/worry about it again!
I'll manage!
Would it be cheeky to ask for a plug cord for my region to be fitted while it's in? I would nearly pay for it though, sick of adapters.
I already asked could I have an electrician fit a plug for me but they said it would void the warranty.
Also,
do they give a free gift for inconvenience?
It would be real cheeky to say what you wanted first HA!
Note: Need bags + 40 capsules haha!

blackstone,
Reactions: Poostuff

mainmanmayonnaise

I also miss the blue o ring on top of the chamber. Cant seem to find a replacement unit anywhere for the easyvalve model?
Did you already buy the replacement parts? If it's not too late, I highly advise you to closely examine the device and make sure the root cause can't be fixed. I've had a Volcano solid valve system for over a decade and while I'm not super familiar with the easy valve, there have been several times the valve was leaking and I was able to fix it each time without replacing anything except for a bag.

One way my device started leaking was because the pressure was building up in the chamber and exceeded the amount the chamber was designed to contain but not enough pressure to fill up the bag and therefore vapor leaked through. So then I thought about all the various states the relevant pieces could be in and what could make the bag harder to inflate or the valve unable to handle the normal pressure before leaking. Both times, the resolution was thorough cleaning. Once, the bag was old and extremely sticky on the inside, Making it harder for the motor to inflate the bag and so the vapor leaked through the valve. The motor was further strained by a dirty intake valve, which I didn't even know existed for the first 4 years I owned the device. Another time the valve was very Full of sticky plant matter particulate which prevented it from fully closing and allowed vapor to escape.

These specific examples will probably not help because you have the easy valve, but my point is to really rack your brain before buying replacement parts because they can be very expensive. And when cleaning, you can melt any buildup with a hair drier and scrape it up very easily.

mainmanmayonnaise,

CanadianBakin

All this talk about switches reminded me that I've gone through 2 heat switches on my classic and don't have a spare.

I'd bought some before from addison-electronique.com, but they now have a $25 minimum order, plus about $15 for shipping.

I looked around and found some other switches that look like a replacement.

Red
http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/c-k-components/CR102J3RS215QF7/401-1307-ND/566785

Green
www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/c-k-components/CR102J3GS215QF7/401-1306-ND/566784

These ones are available in minimum quantities off 1 per order, vs 1000-3000 for some of the other switches on the digikey site. Shipping is only $8 (I'm in Canada). You can use the digikey part number to find those switches on their US or other sites.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is looking for switches for their classic/analog. They may also have switches for the digit; I didn't check.

dunwich

Hey there.

Recently got my Volcano and very happy with it. I read somewhere that some ppl use an additional screen on top of the herbs - is this normal? And if yes, how do you do it?

dunwich,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Some place an extra volcano screen on top... slightly domed to fit well.
Some use the concentrate pad on top of the herb.
Although this video is about vaping straight bubble hash, it gives another idea of making a screen fit .. that is NOT a Volcano screen.
Use the base screen seen in the video, as the cover screen to top your herb.

Last edited:

Baron23

Hey there.

Recently got my Volcano and very happy with it. I read somewhere that some ppl use an additional screen on top of the herbs - is this normal? And if yes, how do you do it?

Wow, so I have an easy valve and the chamber has nice screens top and bottom and no herb gets out. They also make fine screens that you can use to replace your regular chamber screens for "powder" per S&B (which I take to mean pollen).

I tried putting concentrate pad on top of small loads in the EV and found it was not worth it at all. I can run from about .125 to .25 in a chamber (which ain't much) and leaving it fine ground and loose ensures that the particles fly around in the air stream and are evenly vaped, but nothing gets out so why use yet another top screen?

For herb/concentrate sandwiches, I do use the reduced chamber and a dosing capsule. Very small load overall but 1) don't need much with a shatter sandwich and; 2) the little bit of goo I get is pretty much contained by the dosing capsule which are 34 cents apiece and are consumable/disposable items.

Good luck

Baron23

To prevent the bubble hash residue from falling into the Volcano innards?
Maybe if they (well, some people) were putting another screen on the bottom...but Silat, my friend, I don't think that could be it as they are putting screens on top of the load...rather like putting a concentrate pad over your herb on a small load.

I still just don't see the need for at least the EV. I have no experience with solid valve.

Baron23,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I thought that was on top of a load of green? You might be right.

Silat,

strictly vapor

I was thinking about regular herb, not hash. Why use a 2nd screen on top of the herb?

In my humble opinion I would try it without a second screen and see what you think first. I personally have tried using a screen on top, and find it to be entirely unnecessary. Some people use a screen to keep the herb in place and some feel this allows better performance.

I think the best way is to start off using the vaporizer as is and if you feel you need to modify it to get the performance you desire then you could always try a screen or the liquid pad on top of the herb. Theoretically you could always try both and see what you think, but personally I have no need for a second screen.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Greetings all!

I know I'm extremely late to the party here. But a kind FC veteran has loaned me their Volcano Vaporizer (digital!) to use for several weeks while I design several inventions.

Is there anything ya'll can think of that you'd like to see or could use for this vaporizer while I still have it in my possession?

Feel free to PM me any ideas you have :science:

NevadaPradah

Greetings all!

I know I'm extremely late to the party here. But a kind FC veteran has loaned me their Volcano Vaporizer (digital!) to use for several weeks while I design several inventions.

Is there anything ya'll can think of that you'd like to see or could use for this vaporizer while I still have it in my possession?

Feel free to PM me any ideas you have :science:

An adapter that allows you to connect a whip to the bowl would be perfect for connecting to a bubbler

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
An adapter that allows you to connect a whip to the bowl would be perfect for connecting to a bubbler

You know I tried my Silicon tubing from my store and it fits perfectly over the metal bit on the bowl. I need to snap a picture because I was impressed with how well it fits

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: h3rbalist
Top Bottom