Volcano vs. Extreme

Smokeless

Out of the 2 which heating element is healthier and better matterial (I have heard the cano's element is some kind steel/metal which after awhile can create a harmful dust, is this true? Is creamic better/same)? Which one is easier to maintain and clean? I am very torn between the cano and extreme, I was pretty set on the extreme but have never seen one in person or used one, and almost everyone reccomends the volcano. I am worried that if /when I order the extreme, that I mgiht eventually buy a volcano in the future, like others have stated. Is the volcano just good for thoose who want a party vape? Is it all hype? Is the extreme "jack of all trades, but master of none"? Which one has a better a better air to vape ratio and whats the difference, and how much does that matter? Does using bags all the time give a stale flavor? How often do you need to replace bags? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I have been trying to switch to vaping for health reasons and need to do it sooner then later. Thank you.

Smokeless,

spikyvape

Hi,

well the volcano has a aluminium heating element, some people say it can give of some
ions over time. Well in my opinion the Volcano is one of the better machines. If you are
looking for a healthy vaporizer the Volcano is in my opinon better as the Xtreme.

Balloon systems get stale after the first 2 fills of a bag, but balloon systems can get boring
over time. Theballoons just replace them if you don't like the taste anymore. Vapor to air
ratio is in the regular volcano system better as the easy valve.

Although there are pictures on internet showing the guts of the Volcano complete dirty. Trust
me, this won't ever happen wenn you use it like you should. Some fanboys that own other
vapes like to place that picture on the net.

The Xtreme is great according to most people, it uses a big ceramic heating block. People
say about ceramic it can dry out over time and give some particals (silica dust). The Xtreme has
some cool features but for me not a must, more a gimic.

Also the Volcano is much more durable that the Xtreme in my opinon it's a tank.

But last the most important thing what most vape users seem to forget, the accuracy of the
temperature setting. You can trust the volcano original for accuracy from 5C, the digit 3C, so
pretty accurate. I don't think the Xtreme can achieve this.

Both units are great, Xtreme cool features, nice vape. Volcano is quality, best balloonsystem,
and more accurate in my opinion.

Good luck !

spikyvape,

Smokeless

"People say about ceramic it can dry out over time and give some particals (silica dust). "
Interesting I am currently using a Phedor by wicked roots which is a ceramic heating element wand/light saber like and have been using for years. Am I getting this particles? Is any hard evidence on this anywhere? Thanks

Smokeless,

Smokeless

I am now thinking about taking a break from the phedor to see if thats part of the reason my throat and chest have been bothering lately. For now I will use an alternative method.

Smokeless,

reed

volcano is so awesome nice , but dont tried the extreme vaporizer , so cant have comparison like volcano vs extreme, but are extreme have to evape the extracts also like essential oils and stuff like that ? volcano can and its really my favourite way to get high , sometimes i use the bag with the bong when the temperature of evap was to hot also appreciate it and love !:brow:

reed,

spikyvape

I have my doubts if you are suffering from the particals, like i said some people say that it
would give particals. I believe it gives off something over time but it is very very minimal,
a walk in the street also is not healthy.

The phedor is the same heater as the 7th floor products as far as i know.

Don;t stress about it you should be fine. I think it is bad for you in very large quantities.

Temperature accurancy is more inportant ;)

spikyvape,

Ash

vaporist
Have you considered the zephyr ion? If I was looking for a bag-fill vape this would be #1 on my list. Seems that it was designed to go head to head with the 'cano. Clearly it hasn't been around long enough to get an accurate reputation, but this vape looks like a winner to me. Also, unlike the 'cano, you can attach a whip for fan-assisted mor non-assisted whip hits. Also uses a ceramic heating element if this is important to you, although i understand there is good research out there that says the aluminum heater in the 'cano is 100% safe.

Ash,

reed

dudez im sold some of my bongs just for reason i dont gonna use em anymore , hope i did it right way cause i have the cano classic solid valve , was used the liquid pad so much till its got old and dont useful i need one more right now this time ! :peace:

reed,

CrazyCracker

People say about ceramic it can dry out over time and give some particals (silica dust). The Xtreme has
some cool features but for me not a must, more a gimic.
Silicosis is what people who work with glass or ceramics, and industiral sand blasters get. Its from inhaling silica dust. From what I understand once the clay is fired those silica particles are bound. The vaping temps are no where near firing temps for ceramics. I doubt there is any way a ceramic heating element could give you silicosis, but I honestly don't know. :2c:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicosis

edit: Quoted the wrong thing doh

CrazyCracker,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Most people consider ceramic heating elements to be the safest in the industry. I would not give the heating element type any consideration in either one of these models. They both do what they do very well. Smokless, I think the answer for you will come down to how you expect to use the vaporizer and hwo much you want to spend. It cannot be ignored that the Extreme (E) is half the price of a Volcano (V).

I've used a V and been around it, but never owned one...just couldn't afford it. The E was my first vaporizer, and I still use it today (last night in fact). I say that because I have five or six different brands of vaporizers, and it is important that the E still gets used and is not relegated to collect dust. It is very versatile. Here's my opinion of the two as your only vaporizer:

1 -- durability. The V wins this hands-down. The E has several glass parts that can and do break. This is because most people prefer glass. The good thing about the E that makes up for this is that you will never be disappointed in their customer service. When things go wrong they make it right.

2 -- delivery. No question the V has the best bag system on the market. I prefer the easy-valve system to the E's bag system any day. This is 100% related to ease of use and has nothing to do with vapor quality.

3 -- vapor quality. I don't have side-by-side experience with the V, but others have said they are in the same arena. The bigger difference here is that with the V you only get bags, and therein lies the answer to your vapor-to-air ratio. Bags are bags and they mix the beginning of a bowl with the middle and last so that your vapor experience is homogeneous. The E gives the option of using the whip. Any direct draw system allows you to enjoy the best first hits along with their better taste and thickness. Once I got the hang of the whip I loved it and rarely go back to bags.

4 -- environment. Do you mostly vape in private or parties? The V is the ultimate party vape, but not as good for solitary sessions as the E, imo. I used th E for a party the other day and manned it myself as I was not going to let a bunch of fucked up newbies break or misuse my E. I think the V would worry me less in that area. Do you have kids or other unwanted eyes around your vape? I can hide my E in the closet and sneak away for quick whip hits, but wouldn't use its bag system or the V's bags for stealth...too long and noisy creating the bags.

In general, if your wanting a durable party vape that you could easily resell and recoup your investment if you don't like vaping, and if money is no obstacle, get the V. No one with any brains is going to tell you the V sucks. It's just overpriced.

If you want something that is a little more stealthy and has lots of options while not breaking the bank, get the E. I like the versatility of the E and it gets a lot more use from me since I have the whip option. If I had a bag only vape, it wouldn't get much use with the other options I have around here.

stickstones,
Top Bottom