Volcano Vaporizer is it worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
sal69 said:
I think that for any decent herb smoker the price of the volcano is NO issue at all.
I'm sure you don't mean to be belittling with that statement, but that's the way it comes across. I suspect this may be a language issue, judging by your IP address.

My primary concern was health followed by saving money.
If you're saying that you have to spend that much for a healthy vape, it's just not true. You can get a 100% glass vapor path for $100 (not even a metal screen). What could be better? And even if that $100 vape didn't last as long as a Volcano, you could replace it several times and still save $ vs. the Volcano.

If you think about getting a volcano thing about the cons. Do you mind the sound? Do you mind using bags? If the you dont mind these points you should get one.
I mind spending that much money and ONLY being able to use bags. I mind spending almost $400 more than I have to in order to use bags. You talk about the bag issue as if it were a case of the Volcano and bags, vs. all other vapes. There are several other good options for bag use, and they're cheaper and offer some form of direct draw as well.

I think it's obvious that some people think a Volcano is worth every penny of the price, and others will never think so. That's probably true of most every high end product. The thread topic is a question that clearly can't be answered except with a subjective opinion.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sal...you have what might be the easiest vape to use (cano) and what might be the most finnicky (mflb). There's a ton of shit in the middle that I think you would have fun trying.

stickstones,

djonkoman

I wouldn't pay that much extra for temperature control. I often notice that different strains can have very different vapingtemps, and some can take a lot more heat before combusting as others.
sure you could use it to focus on specific chemicals, but just like the focus used to be on THC, now I see the attention shifting to CBD. but in the end, what matters is the effect, not wich chemical causes the effect you're looking for(sure, it's nice to know, but if it's about the functionality of a vape it's about getting the effect you want, not the chemicals you want)
maybe in a few years we find even more chemicals with an effect on the high, and if you just focussed on one temp because you read online that the chemical you think you want releases best at that temp, and then find a new chemical you would maybe change temp. but you can also just try out wich works best for you while disregarding the actual temp, wich in my opinion would be better.

I sometimes get the idea that part of the hype around the vol;cano are just people who have never looked into other vapes, ofcourse there are also plenty of people wh have and still like the vulcano best. I assume that everyone who would visit this forum would fall in the latter, otherwise you wouldn't be on here.
but for exaple I also have a friend, and one day we were smoking in the park. I told him about vaping and how awesome I think it is, and he dismissed it with spiritual craptalk like 'the plant wants to get burned'
then next time I saw him, he had tried a vulcano and suddenly vaping was good and the vulcano was the best vaporizer of all etc, while he never even tried anything else.
last week he told me btw that he now owns an arizer solo.

(you have to take what he says not too serious sometimes)

djonkoman,

sal69

I'm sure you don't mean to be belittling with that statement, but that's the way it comes across. I suspect this may be a language issue, judging by your IP address.

If you're saying that you have to spend that much for a healthy vape, it's just not true. You can get a 100% glass vapor path for $100 (not even a metal screen). What could be better? And even if that $100 vape didn't last as long as a Volcano, you could replace it several times and still save $ vs. the Volcano.

I mind spending that much money and ONLY being able to use bags. I mind spending almost $400 more than I have to in order to use bags. You talk about the bag issue as if it were a case of the Volcano and bags, vs. all other vapes. There are several other good options for bag use, and they're cheaper and offer some form of direct draw as well.

I think it's obvious that some people think a Volcano is worth every penny of the price, and others will never think so. That's probably true of most every high end product. The thread topic is a question that clearly can't be answered except with a subjective opinion.
you are right language issues =). I meant that heavy smokers use a lot of money on herb, so a volcano (or any vape for that sake) will pay for itself pretty fast.

yes other vapes might be healthy too, but none of them was tested with that much detail.
At least i cannot name any..

sal...you have what might be the easiest vape to use (cano) and what might be the most finnicky (mflb). There's a ton of shit in the middle that I think you would have fun trying.
i totally agree but as i am not rich and i have a bunch of children i cannot buy them all =(

I sometimes get the idea that part of the hype around the vol;cano are just people who have never looked into other vapes, ofcourse there are also plenty of people wh have and still like the vulcano best. I assume that everyone who would visit this forum would fall in the latter, otherwise you wouldn't be on here.
but for exaple I also have a friend, and one day we were smoking in the park. I told him about vaping and how awesome I think it is, and he dismissed it with spiritual craptalk like 'the plant wants to get burned'

then next time I saw him, he had tried a vulcano and suddenly vaping was good and the vulcano was the best vaporizer of all etc, while he never even tried anything else.
last week he told me btw that he now owns an arizer solo.

(you have to take what he says not too serious sometimes)
You could be right here i own the volcano and despite from needing a portable vape too i do not feel the need to buy another one. Simply because i already spent a load of money on the two i own (volano and MFLB) and i am very satisfied. I guess this could be true for many volcano owners, this device keeps you pretty satisfied. And from what i have heard its pretty durable too.

Mod Note: Posts merged. Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread..

sal69,

VisiblyVaped

Long time lurker, just joined....hoping to benefit from the wealth of knowledge I see on here.
I have an iolite currently, and I'm upgrading ASAP.
It's not a bad vape, but not great either.

My question.....I can get a volcano for 370-400 on eBay if I really try, not including shipping, but is that worth it?
No, i cant really afford it but its not that far out of my range.
The issue is, I've been looking at the extreme q, the herbal aire 2.2, the solo, and an underdog vape as well.
I can get like 3 of those for that price almost, using price matches, codes, or ebay.
Ive been researching for awhile and have to pull the trigger quick...

I want thick vapor in the bag, I like the direct draw option as well though on some..
But the volcano has the bags with a valve, making it somethin you can put down, pass, etc.
Im sick of combustion, but the iolite leaves something to be desired.

VisiblyVaped,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Depends on your vape habits. If you mostly vape in groups, then the Volcano has its advantages. But if you are mostly vaping by yourself or with one or two others, then you already see the advantage of putting that money into more than one vape. The Extreme was my first vape and it does very well for the money...very versatile. I personally wouldn't even consider a volcano unless it was below $300. Another thing to consider is that most people who have more than one delivery system don't use the bag much after a while. I have an Ion that blows bgs and it has been packed away for a long time now.

If I were you, I would get either the Extreme or the Herbalaire. And if you want to get a second vape because they are so cheap, pair one of those with a Solo. In terms of log vapes like the Underdog, the HI is my favorite.

stickstones,
Reactions: Vicki

max

Out to lunch
is that worth it?
Not to a lot of people, including me. The vape market caught up with the Volcano a long time ago.
The issue is, I've been looking at the extreme q, the herbal aire 2.2, the solo, and an underdog vape as well.
So you're undecided between a bag filler, two dual mode vapes, a portable, and a log vape? I think you need to decide how you want to take your vapor first. Find the right category for your chosen vaping style, then narrow down the models.

I want thick vapor in the bag
Then you'll use a lot of herb. Believe me, I know the psychology of bagging it. Even after you realize you're loading too much, in order to see that thick vapor in the bag, you'll probably keep doing it. I used more bud with bags than with any other model I've tried, and the number is well over 20 by now. Bagged vapor is also slightly stale (and diluted) compared to direct draw. It's easy and there's no learning curve, but also boring. Most vaporists who enjoy the vaping experience go for direct draw. We see very few people who go direct draw and then switch to bags, other than for group vaping and/or convenience. I've got two bag fillers that are mostly collecting dust.

And if you've been a long time lurker, it seems like you'd know not to post a thread like this in General Vaporization, which is not meant for vape specific topics. Thread moved to Ask FC.

max,
Reactions: Vicki

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
If you haven't already seen the "is the volcano worth it thread". Here is my :2c:. Since you haven't had much vape experience. The Volcano is a great place to start. It has satisfied me more than other vapes and if you decide you don't care for it you can always get your money back.
It is not the best individual rip for the money, but its a work horse and its made me cough on all occasions.
Another great thing with the volcano is you can't break it. If you need some extra valves and bags PM me. Remember to reuse the used bags as trash can liners!

Ratm22,

VisiblyVaped

Thank you guys
First, I am mostly using by myself or with one other person. I cant decide what method because I don't believe I want to be stuck with just that option.
That's why the herbalaire and extreme are so appealing, with the solo as a new portable to take the place of my iolite.
From what I've read the solo is a top notch portable vape with hits that blow the iolite out of the water..

But back on track.....does any model offer similar bags that have a valve so you don't have to hold it or do the herbalaire or extreme have an easy modification that's widely known and ive missed?

Appreciate info, and my apologies on posting in the wrong section. Never looked at that, and at a glance it said "general"

VisiblyVaped,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Only the volcano and the ion have a valve system. Some users have used everything from saran wrap to lego toys to stop up the hole on the extreme bag.

stickstones,

VisiblyVaped

I thought I found one, but still wouldn't buy if company isn't around.

Back to the drawing board....more research needed I guess

Stickstones - have you used the volcano, herbalaire, solo, and extreme?

I know its going to be difficult to find someone who has but that kind of objectivity would be great

VisiblyVaped,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
personally for that kind of money i would go vrip, lsv, vxc or small log vapes like HI. especially if you have good glass. i'm super hi right now so i hope this makes sense :D

ilovebOObs,

VisiblyVaped

I'm not familiarized with all the different brand abbreviations, but I definitely want a bag option with a model...are they equipped.

When I mention a solo or underdog its as another vape, not the primary. Thats still between HA, extreme, and a used volcano with solid valve

VisiblyVaped,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have used all but the herbalair...only tried the volcano once. The solo is my favorite portable at the moment.

stickstones,

VisiblyVaped

No problem, I should point out again that my only vaping experience i have is iolite and volcano.
I had a crappy vape years ago that I had to hold this whip to a pin, it never produced good vapor and was not relaxing at all.

That's probably why I lean towards a used volcano but I can get the extreme or the HA for less than 175 which is great

Edit: stickstones- and I take it the volcano didnt impress?

VisiblyVaped,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It was my first vapor experience and I loved it. I then researched for months and landed on the extreme when it first came out.

I couldn't then, and still can't see spending what a volcano costs when the extreme is so cheap.

stickstones,

VisiblyVaped

I know, I found a price match with warranty from a reputable site and its very, very cheap.
I wonder about durability though in comparison, Im reading
"its like a tin can in comparison" while people are saying the cano is a tank.

I bet thats an over exaggeration but I question it.

Plus ease of use....this is a rough call

400 plus shipping for volcano classic solid valve, barely used with 2 years + left on warranty.....thats the deal i found

VisiblyVaped,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Don't get an extreme and expect it to work like a volcano. It didn't full fill my needs. Only once I had a volcano did I go vapor only .

I'm not sure about that solid valve, but I haven't found many that like it.

Ratm22,
Reactions: nucleo

VisiblyVaped

Don't get an extreme and expect it to work like a volcano. It didn't full fill my needs. Only once I had a volcano did I go vapor only .

I wouldn't have an option, the solid valve shouldn't be too difficult and i could always upgrade to an easy valve kit if i chose.....but id like to make larger bags anyways.

So extreme or HA is good for multiple function but can't quite touch the volcano in terms of bag?

I may get the classic with the 2 year warranty and then look into a solo next.
A good portable vape with dense hits, and i believe i can get a car charger as well

VisiblyVaped,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Are you planning on using any water filtration with your vapor experience?

When I first started vaping I thought it was silly and counterproductive to use a bong/bubbler, now I find it adds to the novelty and is half the fun of vaping. :science:

In today's vapor rich market, the cano is no longer the king. It's a workhorse at blowing bags, but that doesn't seam to be at the top of your list of needs.

IMO the EQ will fulfill your needs, but you'll soon loose the novelty of blowing bags and switch to 98% of the time using the whip, as you can control the amount of bud needed to reach your desired level of medication and tastes much much better.

Tweak,
Reactions: Stu

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
^^^ this

I have used volcano a cpl dozen times and it just can't compare to what my SSV can give me. I vape in group sessions though very rarely, but direct draw just seems so better imo. The taste, efficiency, versatility (small/large bowl, use some now some later), attachment options like vapor tamers or my favorite water filtration (how i vape 99% of the time after vapor bonging once lol). If a bag is a must for you i would go eq because your missing out on a lot and what i think most vaporist think of as superior method for vaping. IMO

Puffers,

I respectfully call bullshit. My Extreme Q outperforms the 2 Volcano classics that I've owned in every dimension except bag fill time and the absence of a valve system. The vapor is just as tasty, just as dense, and a higher temperature roof allows you to make much better use of concentrates. Elbow packs with the whip allow you to have deliciously devastating whip hits which rival the DBV and SSV, and it costs less than half as much as the Cano.

Please explain how the Q didn't fulfill your needs versus the Q, it might have been user error because I don't have one shred of that sentiment personally having owned the Volcano, Extreme Q, and also Herbalaire.

IME, an Extreme Q can fill in for either a volcano or a heavy hitting whip vape, all at a reasonable cost. There are some issues of airpath purity, but that is the only stone I can throw at the Q whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom