Volcano Vaporizer is it worth the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedemon

enthusiast
yes it is effective!

It will totally get you ripped. I was just using mine earlier tonight and I gotta say even though the density of the vapor is not as strong as my others vapes, it's still a tasty and effective experience.

But Is it the best? I don't think it is personally. It's great. I will give it that, but there are cheaper vapes out there that i enjoy more.

The SSV is my personal favourite as of this time :p

ask yourself. what is the most important criteria to you for your desired experience?

potency of the hit?
flavour?
ease of use?
materials used in the vapes build?
moisture conditioned hoots?
stealth?

for me I say taste, then potency is what I care about most.

weedemon,
yeah but you forgot a few things on the list. so you pefer the ssv, that was my second choice but iv read that they dont last like the volcano
how long have you had your ssv?

kushunderdog,

BrownsBearsBeers

i love mine

it heats up in like 5 mins
i use minimal green and can cook with my leftovers
the classic is +-9 degrees so pretty accurate and i can stay in healthy temps
durable is hell. when out of warranty a repair from s&b is 75 max
great party device
car cano if you have a plug in your car.

downfalls
not a whip if thats your things
some will complain on the vapor to air ratio
not portable
expensive upfront cost but i think easily worth it

this device has satisfied me since 2003. I just got a omicron for a portable solution but love my cano still. cano when at home. omicron when out and about.

BrownsBearsBeers,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
As I'm looking at the Volcano imo it is worth its huge price. It is device manufactured to detail and perfectionism of convection bag filling. But a vape same good can be made much cheaper. For example SSV is simple as hell (so also cheaper) but seems to deliver great vapor.

Seek,

scottio19

scotty
Mine is great because I can bring it to my friends house and have 5+ people hit a 9 foot bag. It's a top of the line bag vape. unfortunately, they're counterproductive for solo vaping, inefficient for vapes and hits are not thick.

but still, AWESOME for parties

scottio19,
After having the HA 2.1, Extreme Q and Volcano, my order goes Q > HA > Volcano.

I really see no reason to pay the huge premium to get a less versatile vaporizer, which in some ways, doesn't even blow the same quality bags. The HA has more thorough extractions, as the Q does as well IMO, and the Q gets markedly hotter, which is great for concentrates.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
The Volcano is an excellent vape, but overpriced, especially considering it's bag fill only, and other excellent models have been introduced in the last 5-6 years. If you choose to shop in the high end category, it's certainly worth consideration, but you can buy top quality models for less than half the price.

As far as the SSV not lasting, mine works like new after almost 4 years of use, and the factory has had units running non-stop for years longer than that. I certainly wouldn't worry about a 7th Floor vape crapping out. It's a long term proven design, and IMO much more interesting and satisfying to use than filling bags. And since filling a bag is a consistent and easy process, the dual mode vapes already mentioned provide bagged vapor just as good as the 'cano, while giving you the option of whip use too. Another bag filler I prefer to the 'cano is the Oracle. That one also allows direct hits, although not in passive mode.

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Isn't value 100% subjective? Some may consider a solid gold $5k volcano "worth it". Kind of hard to define what something is worth to someone else.

darkrom,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
effective? yes,.. but not any more effective than the top vapes in general.
worth the price? yes,.. once upon a time. not anymore as there are cheaper vapes out with newer tech. plus for that price you can buy at least 2 vapes instead. but if you HAVE to have a cano, i would look out for a used unit in good condition. you could also sell it later on as it retains good resale value. i bought a used cano digit in excellent condition before on ebay for ~$230. last year, i sold it back on ebay and got $450 for it. personally, 300-350 is the very most i would spend on one.

:2c:

moodswing,

lwien

moodswing said:
plus for that price you can buy at least 2 vapes instead.

For the price of a Bentley, you could by 3 BMW's.

As Darkrom stated above, "Kind of hard to define what something is worth to someone else."

lwien,
Reactions: CA5H

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Used mine for 3 years, and I have to say I do not like the bags... to each their own but I think for the price a whip or glass(pipe) inhalation is better :2c:

if you do get it, allow me to give you a tip: The oven bags used for turkeys are excellent replacement bags. Saves you quite a bit of money!

My volcano has taken a tumble once and survived ;) If this piece ends up seeing alot of people a volcano is the safest bet.

Edit: I think the verdamper was more expensive as you seem drawn to a price tag. But in all honestly "effective?" if you want advise you should explain what you want ie flavor, durability, cost, clouds, how long it will work before breaking or becoming ineffective, ease of use, distribution of herb vapor within a large bag...to name a few.

In the end I really couldnt stand all the dry air when I could have smaller hits with something like the VHW or verdamper.

S1N3,

weedemon

enthusiast
kushunderdog said:
ill buy them all do you know where you can buy a ssv for under 250$?

ebay, a blemished version for 190 usd - a bag to carry it in.

or gratefulbuys.com use the 15% discount code! (this is how i did it and got it for the same money as if i had bought it off ebay and then got a bag later.)

weedemon,

hunterthompson

I have never personally used a Volcano but there is no way I'd ever be able to justify spending $500 on something that only blows bag. I would much rather buy the HA (which I hear is incredibly efficient and durable) or the Q (which I've heard similarly good things about) which both blow bags and are able to do whips for a fraction of the price of the Volcano. In my opinion, the Volcano is too limited for its high price point.

That being said, if you already have a solid whip vape (SSV, DBV, ect.) and want the best possible bag blower and money is no issue the Volcano would definitely not let you down.

hunterthompson,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
HerbalAire 2.1: $175 (ebay) Extreme Q $175 (ebay)

SSV: $200 (ebay). $170 for Buddah.

Ceramic Rock Zap: $189 (mfg.)

Total: $564

Disclaimer: I have wanted to, but have never used a volcano. All my opinion.

I have owned an HA, and other than the valve, I can't imagine a better bag blower. 30-45 secs and a bag of thick cloudy vapor. It worked great. Both for direct draw and bags. The whip was shitty though. The SSV and Buddah (never used either), are widely considered great "whip" vapes. The CRZ is my personal choice, and I think a "log" vape is a must have in any collection.

For the price, you can get 3 "top of the line" vapes for roughly the same price as a Volcano. If I could leave large-ish machines out in the open, had multi people sessions and conservation was of no concern, I might then consider the Volcano, but even then, I'd probably just get the Cloud.

In short, I'm sure the Volcano kicks ass, I just don't have a place for it.

Magic9,
Hello all. I am in the market for a Vaporizer. I was considering the Volcano, but after reading some of these posts, am I correct in saying that the Volcano is more for groups of people? 99% of the time I medicate alone so would the Volcano be practical for me? Or, would the SSV Vaporizer be more suitable for me? I fear I would waist my medicine using the Volcano. I need a solo Vaporizer. Any thoughs are appreciated.

typeUBOBHUSKER,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There are plenty of good alternatives available that could be suited for solo use. Check the vaporizer specific threads for a lot of good information.
:peace:

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
Hi there typeUBOBHUSKER, Welcome to FC!

There are many vaporizers that would be a great choice, but can you tell me more about what you are after specifically?

Do you want portability? and if so do you care about stealth?
Do you want a "desktop"(home usually plugged in type vape) these generally can deliver larger hits than the portables.
Is flavour a priority to you?
how about build quality and thought towards health in the build?
I see you said it will mainly be for solo use and to me that says a smaller quantity of herb will be needed. how's your tolerance? are you a light moderate or heavy user? based on your answer we can rule a few vapes out if you are a heavier user.

for a first timer though today I would recommend either a 7th floor vape (DBV/SSV/LSV) or a log style vape (UD, CRZ, HI) these new logs are great cloud producers! I love my UD! i'd say it give clouds even bigger than my ssv did. (the SSV has a special place in my heart though. i sure do miss it.)

if you want a portable and don't care about stealth, then an arizer solo might fit the bill

if you want a portable that is stealthy, then the mflb, and thermovape are worth consideration

if you have time to wait, and want the best vape ever then you need to preorder the vapexhale cloud. :D hehe that's a bold statement i know but based on feedback i have read on this forum over the last year i believe it's true! :p

weedemon,
Thank you Weedemon for this information. I would classify myself as a heavy user (daily medicator) and currently own a Magic Flight Box which is OK in a pinch, but I would prefer something that delivers a bigger hit. However, as much as I medicate, I do have a tendancy to cough so maybe too big a hit would not be a good idea. Lets say a medium hit. As for portable, I use the Flight Box for on the run medicating so it does not have to be portable. It will be for mostly home usage.

typeUBOBHUSKER,

max

Out to lunch
typeUBOBHUSKER said:
Hello all. I am in the market for a Vaporizer. I was considering the Volcano, but after reading some of these posts, am I correct in saying that the Volcano is more for groups of people? 99% of the time I medicate alone so would the Volcano be practical for me? Or, would the SSV Vaporizer be more suitable for me? I fear I would waist my medicine using the Volcano. I need a solo Vaporizer. Any thoughs are appreciated.
Good advice there, from weedemon.

My :2c: If you want a bag filler there are cheaper options than the 'cano-herbalAire and Extreme are the most popular, and they provide direct hits as well. Even the $400+ Oracle allows a direct hit or two while the bag is filling, and you can route the vapor through water too. IMO there's no need to pay $539 or more to get a vape that only fills bags. The vape market has caught up with the Volcano over the years.

I find that I tend to use more herb with bags. You don't have to, but it's a tendency that many experience. Nothing wrong with bags for solitary vaping though. Just don't load more in the bowl than you want to do in one session.

The SSV or DBV are both great choices in a whip vape. You'll also be tempted to load those up and perhaps use more than you want, but you can always put the whip (bowl) down and finish it later.

One of the best choices for stretching your supply is a log vape like the CRZ. The small bowl is great for dosing. You get more than a few hits (exhale into good lighting and you'll see that you get more hits than your lungs think you are), and you have to reload the bowl if you want to keep vaping. You usually find you've had enough for the moment and end up not reloading for a while.

Lots of people end up with both a sipper like the CRZ, where the temp is always the same, and a big hitter like the DBV or SSV for 'getting there quicker' and using higher temps.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
one big difference between the whip vapes and the log vapes are wait time to get started.

logs take 20-45 min to warm up and fully get to temperature.

the 7th floor whips usually took me 5 min and i was away and vapin. The other nice thing about the whips are they have an adjustable temperature dial on em so you can control the temps better. (the main thing to know about a whip though is your draw speed is critical to achieve good vapor. too slow and it will be too hot and you risk combustion, too fast and you will cool it down too fast.) It's an easy thing to learn once you understand the principle.

also SSV Vs DBV the main difference is the downward angles spout on the ssv. this means you can put hash in there and not worry about it going into the heater! a very nice option imo and if i had to choose again i would still get another SSV!

as for buying options, shop around on here through our vendors! they have FC coupon codes you can use to save up to 15% i think! that's what I did when i bought mine!

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
one big difference between the whip vapes and the log vapes are wait time to get started.
A timer or 'on' 24/7 is what a lot of people do with the log vapes, and with the HI, no long wait is needed.

also SSV Vs DBV the main difference is the downward angles spout on the ssv. this means you can put hash in there and not worry about it going into the heater!
The narrow air stream going into the bowl with the SSV is also great for extra rich hits, and although some amount of rotating/moving the bowl around on the heater cover is usually needed, that also provides more control over the hits than you get with the vast majority of other models.

Discounts!- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom