volcano safety _opinions please

hexaminekid

I use the volc, as do my friends. We dont combust. I think its excellent but Im starting to hanker after a water cooled experience and I may improvise something with my volc.

Anyway, to the subject of the post...

One of my friends is concerned with a "hair dryer" type smell emanating from the volcano when you put your nose to the pyramid after a few sessions.

Obviously hot wiring/heating elements.

He is concerned about noxious byproducts of the heating process and their effect on the lungs.

I know that alloy heating elements are v efficient but should we be concerned?

Thoughts please?

hexaminekid,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Random thoughts ... has the volcano always done that, i.e. "hair dryer" smell after a few sessions, or is this a new behavior.

a hair dryer uses a different heater element -- either nichrome, like a toaster, or ceramic, so, it could be something else getting too hot.

Hippie Dickie,

hexaminekid

His comment wasn't that something had changed, just that this scent gave him concern.

The toaster analogy was used roughly.

personally, i would be surprised if it didnt have some signature scent coming from the heat source.

However, its grounds for discussion.

hexaminekid,

hexaminekid

hexaminekid said:
I use the volc, as do my friends. We dont combust. I think its excellent but Im starting to hanker after a water cooled experience and I may improvise something with my volc.

Anyway, to the subject of the post...

One of my friends is concerned with a "hair dryer" type smell emanating from the volcano when you put your nose to the pyramid after a few sessions.

Obviously hot wiring/heating elements.

He is concerned about noxious byproducts of the heating process and their effect on the lungs.

I know that alloy heating elements are v efficient but should we be concerned?

Thoughts please?

Please ignore this post. I found almost the same discussion at http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1571&p=2

which has some good points regarding this issue.

hexaminekid,
Top Bottom