Volcano(rant)

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
S&B~Dear Volcano Owner ,

thank you for your mail and thank you for the enthusiasm for our product.

We are all pleased, that you are happy with our VOLCANO ? that is most important!

As the VOLCANO company, of course, we always monitor the market for competitors, but luckily there is no serious competitor so far.

We are very proud of our products and we can honestly say that there is no better vaporizer on the market.

I note down some arguments in favour of the VOLCANO (hoping it does not sound too blatant, but it is all true and honest)

You were asking for the differences to other products, generally the VOLCANO is made in Germany and it is of outstanding quality that last for years. (I don?t think that any lifetime warranties (V Tower ) are serious, but time will tell?)

The VOLCANO is built as a medical grade device, with pinpoint accuracy. The temperature accuracy of the CLASSIC or DIGIT is unmatched by other products.

The set up for effective vaporization requires a strong pump for constant air flow, a heat exchanger to heat up air to the desired temperature and of course accurate temperature control.

Please see http://www.storz-bickel.com/download...r_Digit_A3.pdf for a technical drawing.

Whip systems are not providing a constant air flow, leading to the danger of increased temperature and finally combustion, because as you suck from the whip, temperature rises (you might know from a cigarette: when you inhale, it starts glowing > that means temperature goes up). You might attach a silicone tube to the EASY VALVE filling chamber (= whip system), but this is not as good as the balloon system. A whip system if used strong or long enough always bears the danger of self-combustion of the plant material. The balloon has the advantage that during vaporization you are not in contact with heat or electricity.

Pumping the enriched air into the balloon guarantees that air flow is constant and temperature too. All the ?balloon system? I know working with a fan (= not enough pressure) instead of a good pump, so in most of the cases performance is unsatisfying and vaporization is ineffective. Talking about temperature, for connoisseurs a reliable temperature is of importance, because with a certain temperature you might just get the ?portfolio of compounds out of your herbs that you like. In the medical research this is also a very important point as they want to have controlled temperature to be able to have reliable parameters for their studies. The VOLCANO as the standard for scientific research is a good testimonial too, I believe.

I can?t really tell, if the Purple Days is more effective, as I must admit that I don?t know the product, but I assume that there would be more ?spread the word? testimonials if it is outstanding.

I hope that this a proposal that meets your interests.

Kind regards from Germany

Michael Schwarz

Marketing Manager

STORZ & BICKEL GmbH Co. KG
Rote Strasse 1
78532 Tuttlingen
Germany
:rolleyes: is this even coherent? saying whip units combust :lol: who are these people?
:peace:

(from this thread http://boards.cannabis.com/vaporizer-lounge/171060-why-volcano-unmatched.html )

Hennessy1414,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Wow, I read the rest of the thread and the reply to Aromed email.

S&B are starting to look pretty shitty.

A Volcano is the next on my vape list, but the company seems to be riding the "nothing compares to the volcano" wave a bit too hard. It feels a bit patronizing, like a cult brainwashing it's various members that go out and do it's bidding.

Chubba,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
Chubba said:
A Volcano is the next on my vape list, but the company seems to be riding the "nothing compares to the volcano" wave a bit too hard. It feels a bit patronizing, like a cult brainwashing it's various members that go out and do it's bidding.
it seem they do a good job of this. if i were the first on the scene with an official looking vaporizer, especially with the volcano's following, i would definitely push being "the best ever" to the fullest. in the end, i think all S&B really cares about are profit.

illadelph,

tuttle

It is also disappointing that their marketing manager seems to have such a tenuous grasp on how vaporizers work.

Whip systems are not providing a constant air flow, leading to the danger of increased temperature and finally combustion, because as you suck from the whip, temperature rises (you might know from a cigarette: when you inhale, it starts glowing > that means temperature goes up).
It isn't a cigarette, the faster you draw the cooler the air.

tuttle,

foglights

Hennessy1414 said:
:rolleyes: is this even coherent? saying whip units combust :lol: who are these people?
:peace:

(from this thread http://boards.cannabis.com/vaporizer-lounge/171060-why-volcano-unmatched.html )
it's more coherent than most of your posts, my friend. :lol:

mod note: rule #1 is 'be nice'

someone wrote an email to s&b asking them to compare their product to competing products. :haw:

to be honest it's not nearly as bad as the ad copy from most of the vape companies out there.

it is kinda funny they don't admit they have any real competition. :lmao:

(rant)

foglights,

lwien

Yeah, ya just gotta keep in mind that 'Cano's response came from a marketing manager, many of whom write the kind of ad copy you're talking about. Ya just gotta take it all with a grain of salt. Their sole purpose in working for the company that they work for is to support the sales of their product, and they will ALWAYS put their product in the most favorable light and word their responses accordingly and saying that they don't have any real competition is doing just that.

But a really good marketing/advertising manager can spin their product without their audience even knowing that they've been spun. ;)

lwien,
Top Bottom