Volcano Medic

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Hi all, I'm new in this forum.
I read in IACM's bulletin about the new Volcano medic

IACM-Bulletin of 06 June 2010 said:
Economy/Germany: Volcano Medic launched as the first approved medical cannabinoid inhaler

The German company Vapormed launched the worlds first officially approved medical cannabinoid inhaler, the Volcano Medic Vaporizer. The Volcano Medic Vaporization System is intended to vaporize and facilitate the inhalation of dronabinol (THC) dissolved in alcohol or cannabinoids from cannabis flowers (cannabis flos). In their press release of 2 June the company notes that "the Volcano Medic Vaporization System resolves two medical-technical problems at the same time. On the one hand, for the first time the Volcano Medic Vaporization System allows for the medical inhalation therapy with liquid, in alcohol dissolved cannabinoids. On the other hand, it allows for the inhalation therapy with cannabinoids directly from dried hemp flowers. () In the Volcano Medic Vaporization System the cannabinoids are solved (vaporized) by heat impact only. A combustion as it takes place while smoking does not occur." This avoids the formation of noxious combustion products.

The main advantages of the inhalation of cannabinoids compared to oral administration would be the rapid onset of effects and cost reduction due to considerably higher efficiency of vaporized cannabinoids. "The systemic bioavailability of inhaled cannabinoids is approx. 29% - 40%. For comparison: The systemic bioavailability of cannabinoids administered orally is below 15%." The manufacturer of the Volcano Medic Vaporization System is the company Storz & Bickel. According to the press release the Volcano Medic will first be available in the Netherlands and in Germany. It is certified by TUEV SUED in Munich in compliance with the applicable directives and laws for medical devices. "The availability of the Volcano Medic in further countries depends on the availability of authorized and vaporizable cannabinoids or cannabis flowers in these countries," the company writes.

More information:
www.vapormed.com

VaporizationSystem_glow.jpg

(Source: Press release by Vapormed of 2 June)
Anyone has Volcano Medic?
I think that is similar to Volcano digital with Easy valve. but it changes MEDIC VALVE Replacement set. Mouthpiece is different. See in the instructions: http://www.vapormed.com/pdf/VolcanoMedic_Instructions_for_Use.pdf

In my opinion, is to thank that the enterprise post cientific studies of cannabinoids and vaporization in their web: http://www.vapormed.com/volcano-medic-vaporizer/en/study-research.php

Volcano-Medic_officially-approved_21042010_weiss.png

PD: I don't know if I can write a link or It's spam. If were spam , the moderator can delete it.

NineDelta,

Beezleb

Neat. I can see some people getting very excited for bag vape specializing in liquids/oils.

Beezleb,

B.

War Criminal
"Dear visitor,

this website is not available in your country.

Thank you very much for your visit"

anyone else get this from the link?

B.,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
B. said:
"Dear visitor,

Hi,
where are you from? maybe volcano medic is only available in Europe....

NineDelta,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
I'm interested for the new ballons, above all in the new mouthpiece

11_0.jpg

Greetings.

NineDelta,

max

Out to lunch
B. said:
"Dear visitor,

That's what I got as well. This has to be Storz & Bickel. I speculate that it's an effort to get the 'cano (slightly modified?) approved in Germany as a legit medical device. The Aromed has been approved by some German insurance companies for years now. In some cases at least, the Aromed cost is fully covered by insurance. I haven't heard anything of this nature about the 'cano, and this new model variation and site makes me think it's their effort to do the same.

max,

stinkmeaner

That is funny that the insurance companies don't back the Volcano because the public does, even when you go to German message boards it seems mostly agreed upon that the Volcano is works better than the Aromed. There simply is not enough heat retention in that light bulb design, you take a big enough inhale and the air will just flow right over the light bulb without being heated.

Storz & Bickel have my vote, but I can not see what medical community sees in the Aromed, most would say it is because it is all glass but I would point out that the inhaled air also passes over the base of the light bulb socket as well, which seems to include plastic/teflon, screws, some kind of ceramic, and even the metal from the light bulb terminals.

stinkmeaner,

niall

vapormed.de was their old website, they're just marketing it to a different audience Been watching it for months since they announced a new website a while back, so saw the Medic come online a while back.

niall,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
niall said:
vapormed.de was their old website, they're just marketing it to a different audience Been watching it for months since they announced a new website a while back, so saw the Medic come online a while back.
Volcano Medic use the old company name (Vapormed). I think they do that because is the way to differentiate between a medical legal product (Volcano medic by Vapormed) to other product (Volcano by Storz & Bickel). I see 70 more expensive Volcano Medic than Volcano digital, don't forget that Medic Valve is 30 more expensive than Easy Valve.

Greetings.

NineDelta,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Is the only difference between this and a regular volcano the bowl, in that it lets you vape oils and hash better? Or am I missing something?

bluntfaced,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
bluntfaced said:
Is the only difference between this and a regular volcano the bowl, in that it lets you vape oils and hash better? Or am I missing something?
Volcano classic and Volcano digital vaporizes perfectly oils and hash. I normally vaporize it and it's a very good experience. I have some photos of it if you want to put here. The bowl of Volcano medic is the same of Easy valve.
I sent a mail to the company, and they told me that the difference is small, volcano medic has a new fuse and changes the color of button on/off, the new one is orange.

NineDelta,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Well that is incredibly stupid. Where to they get off advertising this as a new product?
What's the point?
How does this benefit medical users?
Plus easy valves suck

Mod note: From the rules page- "Do not state opinion as fact."

bluntfaced,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
bluntfaced said:
Well that is incredibly stupid. Where to they get off advertising this as a new product?
What's the point?
How does this benefit medical users?
Plus easy valves suck

Mod note: From the rules page- "Do not state opinion as fact."
I think that the filter into the new medic ballons are the reason that is beneficial to medical users, the rest is volcano digital, that is a very good machine, a very good vaporizer.

Easy valve or solid valve... depends of kind of use. I've used the two of them, and i only use easy valve, for my use is perfect.

Greetings.

NineDelta,

stinkmeaner

Easy valves are good and so are the Solid but I have noticed more pros with the Easy, in the long it is just preference because they both do the job they are designed to do.

Easy valve pros:
1*Well made
2*Fill multiple bags
3*Mouthpiece is lighter
4*You can replace the bags yourself with a little tinkering
5*The bags last far longer than you would think, most just toss them at first sign of vape honey, but look at the whips people continue to use.
6*Less parts to loose
7*bags are $10/bag or less with discount

Solid Valve pros:
1*Well made
2*Bags are just pennies to replace
Can't really figure out any more, I think people claim it is best because they don't own the Easy, or think the bags or too expensive.

stinkmeaner,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
stinkmeaner said:
Easy valves are good and so are the Solid but I have noticed more pros with the Easy, in the long it is just preference because they both do the job they are designed to do.

Easy valve pros:
1*Well made
2*Fill multiple bags
3*Mouthpiece is lighter
4*You can replace the bags yourself with a little tinkering
5*The bags last far longer than you would think, most just toss them at first sign of vape honey, but look at the whips people continue to use.
6*Less parts to loose
7*bags are $10/bag or less with discount

Solid Valve pros:
1*Well made
2*Bags are just pennies to replace
Can't really figure out any more, I think people claim it is best because they don't own the Easy, or think the bags or too expensive.
I agree with that.
In my opinion, the best pro of the Easy Valve that is the filling chamber is not fall down of the hot air generator, it's hooks at the hot air generator.

The bags in the Easy Valve replaces the same way like Solid Valve, it's easy. If anyone wants to know it, I have a manual to change bags in easy valve in other forum. I you want i'll post it in this forum, but If don't know in which section, in General Vaporization Discussion?

NineDelta,

Morningstar

Uhm as you can see from my numbers of posts I'm new here 8)
I've been smoking for several years and finally quit it! 8p so I don't know where else to place my question...
But is there any possibility on getting a transportation bag for either the volcano digit or the volcano medic? Would be great for going on holiday 8)
thx in advance for any answers 8D

Morningstar,

Raf007

Retailer
Hi,
it can be build really easily by buying adequate foam at any hardware store if you are interested by a DIY...

Raf007,

Morningstar

Thx for the responses, it's just strange that the case (also the others on the net) looks quite cheap... I wonder why no company made an effort to create a stylish luggage which seems adapted for a price range of 500-600... But I guess it's personal style and the others will do their work as well 8)
thx again 8)

Morningstar,

stinkmeaner

I have moved it in a soft cooler I have and it was fine. I bet they haven't made a case for it because most could care less what the case looks like as long as it' safe, it's not like people are going to strut around town with a Volcano bag over the shoulder like it's the latest fashion accessory.
I would just go with the backpack idea, that way you can pick any style your heart desires.

stinkmeaner,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Hello,
finally I bought a Medic Valve. Here some pics:
volcano.gif
volcano.gif
volcano.gif
volcano.gif
volcano.gif

I took apart the Medic valve to see the mechanism and the pieces that compound it:

Here we see the mouthpiece with the piece of silicone that cover valve

In conclusion, the improvements in the Medic Valve are the 2 pieces of silicone, one of them to cover the valve and the other to filter and protect the ballon from impurities and virus. To inhale with Medic Valve is need more effort than the others valves (Easy & Solid valve), due to silicone inside the mouthpice.

More information (in spanish) and pics: http://vaporizando.com/foro.php?topic=93.0

Greetings.

NineDelta,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
NineDelta, we have to be logged in to that site to view the pictures (permissions)

please upload the pictures to a free public hosting site, then update your links, so we can see your pictures.

thanks,

VWFringe,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
VWFringe said:
NineDelta, we have to be logged in to that site to view the pictures (permissions)

please upload the pictures to a free public hosting site, then update your links, so we can see your pictures.

thanks,

Sorry, I didn't know it, I've just uploaded pics to a free hosting

Regards

NineDelta,
Top Bottom