Volcano Hybrid

Poostuff

Please delete
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here because I’ve always been terrible with lyrics, but it looks like baking paper is being used to avoid damage to the coating?

Poostuff,
Reactions: snamuh

Duck

Simply thin paper ... from a bread bag ... then the aluminum no longer rubs against the coating ... 50 closures, no abrasion to watch ...

Duck,

Poostuff

Please delete
Simply thin paper ... from a bread bag ... then the aluminum no longer rubs against the coating ... 50 closures, no abrasion to watch ...
I apologise I’m not sure I quite understand, I still need to do this after S&B send the new parts that fix the abrasions? Or this is something I do until I get the new parts that fix the abrasions?

Poostuff,

YEWSTinc

We are ahead of our time
Omg....I cant confirm if placebo or not BUT:

1. My Volcano was getting really harsh overtime..more harsh than the first couple months I had it.
2. Therefore causing me to buy obsidian and the the humidity it added was amazing
3. Still noticed an undertone of harshness I just could not get rid of
4. Changed the Hybrid air filter
5. So far i noticed that undertone of harshness is gone.

Will report back with more concrete findings.
Hybrid (about 6months of moderate use)
Good call on the filter.I thought my hybrid was gettin a little “spicy” no matter what strain I was using.It was very yellow

YEWSTinc,

Duck

[QUOTE = "Poostuff, post: 1457635, member: 21892"] Ich entschuldige mich, ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob ich das wirklich verstehe. Ich muss dies noch tun, nachdem S & B die neuen Teile gesendet hat, die die Abriebe reparieren. Oder ist das etwas, was ich mache, bis ich die neuen Teile bekomme, die die Abriebe reparieren? [/ QUOTE]

Yes!

Despite the new parts, I have abrasion.
I closed it 25 times and cleaned it afterwards.
The abrasion could be seen on the cleaning cloth.
It's less, but I don't think it's OK

Duck,
Reactions: Poostuff
Just found out about this entire situation. Very disappointed. Honestly, this is class action law suit worthly. I actually posted a few months back about how my new Volcano Hybrid was giving me shortness of breathe (I used a herbalizer for 6+ years with no such issue) ...People thought I was crazy, I shelved the volcano after about 3-4 weeks of usage, it just kept getting more rough on my lungs, the 1st week was amazing. I tried using it again about 3 weeks ago, and low and behold, my shortness of breathe came right back and my lungs felt irritated (I've had asthma my entire life)

The fact the new bowl still produces dust, is just unacceptable. Plain and simple. For a $1,000 CAD Vape, I'm extremely disappointed. I paid $700 CAD for my herbalizer 7 years ago and it still works great, uses a magnetic bowl, no issues with "Dust"

S&B - Get it together or you'll find yourselves look down the barrel of a multi-million dollar lawsuit, this is not some "game" ... I've experienced side effects from this, and so have several others (Just google "Volcano Shortness of breathe") Your product is going to give someone cancer or something much worse.

What a shame. For real. 40 years in the industry only to give people health problems.

Worst of all, they probably spoke to their lawyers and were informed to add a new "Cleaning instructions" so they could basically say "Well you didn't clean it like we told you to so your SOL buddy!!!" ... Typical corporate bullshit to cover their asses from any liability.

This explains why my Dyson air purifer screams at me when I used the volcano (PPM levels would reach 400+) meanwhile with my herbalizer, it barely reaches 100-150 PPM) which means the hybrid has very high particulate mater in the air.

Disgusting.

Last edited:

Duck

Mine was provided by the insurance company because I am a patient.
+ Aluminum allergy
I wanted the hybrid because it produces less waste.
I wait until S&B answers.
So I can't use it permanently.

My model has an International Medical Approval.

Incredible.

Mine was provided by the insurance company because I am a patient.
+ Aluminum allergy
I wanted the hybrid because it produces less waste.
I wait until S&B answers.
So I can't use it permanently.

My model has an International Medical Approval.

Incredible.

And to think, S&B sued herbalizer into bankruptcy then releases an inferior product. What a bunch of assholes. I knew once Cannopy growth bought them, it was the death of S&B. Cannopy lost billions last year, of course they have started to cut corners.

Duck

That was the fear here too ...
S&B only had to coat the last part.

But please just test your parts.
I could be an exception. t

here is not enough critical accurate test on Youtube.

Duck,

Duck

google translator is not much good.
if I get it right... did you look for scratches in the coating in the video?
I made 3 videos about the hybrid. video 1:
brand new .... and rubbed aluminum on aluminum

video 2:
testing the spare parts for errors .... then 25 caps and again under the microscope .. then cleaned and there was the abrasion with the naked eye on the cloth. no abrasion on coated on coated parts ...

video 3:
where the abrasion comes from ... and why it is important to assemble it in a certain order ... it is not a problem to close one ... you just have to say what you might still need to know ...

here in english, I hope you understand everything ..
first parts ...
new parts...
what to look for when locking ..

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=GjblA81QgRA&feature=emb_logo If Troy and Jerry can't scratch the new parts after testing in this video, Then I don't believe the new parts will ever scratch. My chamber has been seasoned with baked on resin which also protects the chamber from scratching. A little half turn wont scratch them IMHO. If anything the baked on resin is coming off with the half turn while putting the housing together.

Last edited:

Duck

the upper part is steel? I still have abrasion ... I'm curious what s & b tells me ..

Duck,

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Reliance on a Bluetooth device, workflows running incorrectly or deleting themselves, material health concerns, desire to reduce waste (bags), being a v1 in a world of v2s, and mostly S&Bs poor communication and lack of transparency during issues. I was outspoken regarding issues when I first got the Hybrid and in the end, don't feel my premium cost bought a premium experience. On the upside, Hybrid is still the best extraction I have experienced.

Duck

Thank you!
yes waste reduction war for me also a reason.
Bluetooth is blocked on the hybrid medic. the temperature is also limited to 210 degrees.
I'm also very disappointed with the rest.

S&B is the only thing that the insurance companies pay for. i

n the case a joke ....

Duck,
I agree, S&B communication is down the drain. This is what happens when a company sells out to an extremely over-valued pot stock corporation.

key_investment,

justcametomind

I agree, S&B communication is down the drain. This is what happens when a company sells out to an extremely over-valued pot stock corporation.
Us here, Troy fans on YT, Reddit vaporents.. We may think to be the most informed vaporists but we don’t represent the bulk of S&B buyers base. They never had forum presence, but many think like they should react like Flowerpot makers or vapman’s always did.. We should understand how niche we are.
Instead many forum members think like we at FC are sort of the center of the world.
I would be pissed as well but we should learn to put things in perspective.

Baron23

I like my hybrid enough to give my Digit to a friend.

I'm fine with the new ceramic coated parts.

I like its performance.

I have no problem with S&B and feel that they resolved the issues rather expeditiously.

My only objection is the price increase but it also ships with four bags, I believe where I think my Digit just came with the one????

SquirrelMaster

I see so many comments blaming Canopy for their recent mistakes but if you look back there are just many good and bad comments on customer service before the Canopy acquisition. Troy did not like the original Crafty which was a pre-canopy product. The aluminum dust issue present in the Plenty was also pre-Canopy design. Seems like a very knee jerk reaction to blame Canopy even if they most likely haven't done S&B any favours.

@justcametomind
Would reacting like Newvape be a good or bad thing? I imagine you mean the former but I've heard otherwise and I'm curious. You can PM if you like.

Duck

is it the light? or did the parts just lie near the coating system? they should be much darker scratches and holes do they have too?

Duck,

Poostuff

Please delete
The bowl is just not coated properly.
Like I said it looks like they’re still having issues with quality control which is disappointing but not unexpected anymore. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to use mine for some time now.

Top Bottom