Volcano Hybrid

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I'm an easy mark, just ordered the borosilicate Magma

But, might order a cheap UV sterilizer box -- fold up bag, and bust up those bacteria chromosomes after use

Since you have the female post opening dialed in, why not make an adapter with 18mm male protruding, ready for users who own vapexhale or dhgate hydratubes. Then in a few months, we'll begin to see sad posts about some stoner friend who coughed into it, dripping water into volcano :science::evil::doh:

Now I'll accept my whacks for not posting this in the Magma thread

Just saw it come through, should be on its way! We always recommend distilled or de-ionized water when using any of the percolators to prevent anything like that from happening, plus it leaves you with nothing but the good taste of your herbs during use. If you'd like it for peace of mind (the UV sterilizer), I think it'd be pretty awesome, but definitely not necessary. After a year or so of heavy use with mine I started to get lazy and use tap water, and I get pretty heavy water in my area so pretty decent amount of water marks/build up, but nothing that could resemble bacteria/mold. Same with the bags; as long as they air out after use (instructions included that specify this on the box) they will last a LONG time, as Magma/Obsidian catch all of the material that normally gunks up the bag and makes it brittle. I've literally used my bag for over a year, it looks almost new, and the silicone seal inside wears out before the bag is anywhere near dirty or damaged. It's pretty awesome.

We never really considered putting an 18mm on top, as we always focused on direct integration into the Storz & Bickel hardware economy, and found that people who wanted a tube-to-bong set up preferred tubing that fit the smaller joint that we currently have on top anyways. We developed these FAR before the hybrid and whip were announced, and serendipitously all our units are completely compatible with the whip attachment as well!

Reverse flow can only happen if the bag is over-inflated or squeezed, and the amount of water necessary to operate the devices is so small that if those events do happen, the water actually stays on TOP of the upper chamber screen in the Easy Valve. The herb doesn't even get wet, although it can if immense pressure is applied (you essentially have to try hard, intentionally, to do this to make it happen) and the water gets pushed through. Some people didn't like that the possibility even existed, no matter how unlikely, and that motivated us to continue developing the device into what is now Obsidian. It's dual chamber acts as a water catch, so even with intentional water reversal it stays inside the device. We've also had people FILL the bottom chamber during use, intentionally, and claim to get more humid vapor and a better experience. I don't see how that would help (you already get 100% humidity with normal use), but I won't tell someone their experience/observation is incorrect :)

I’m thinking of grabbing one also when I get a hybrid in the next month or two.
You won't be disappointed :) Always feel free to reach out if you have any questions/comments/concerns and we'll be sure to set you straight.

Cheers!

ChooChooCharlie

My Hybrid is out on loan, but wondering if any other owners have tried concentrates yet?

dab-and-practice.jpg

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Honestly, not a fan of concentrates out of the volcano. Even on max temp I feel like I'm only get whispy hits and wasting my good concentrates. I'll throw some lower quality hash on top of a bowl for added flavor, but I save my good stuff for insert dabs. I've hear similar things from other people, but would be interested if that's the consensus here as well.

Poostuff

Please delete
I have a Classic & a Crafty & like them both immensely.
I prefer plug in vapes but I’ve never bought a Plenty because frankly it looks awkward to use.
I did want to buy the Herbalizer, RIP, but it was never available in my region.
The Hybrid sounds like it would be what I’m after if can use it without the fan for direct draw.

For those who’ve used it I’d like to ask for some specific questions.

Is the vapor thick & satisfying using the whip without the fan or is it a little airy?

What’s the draw restriction like with the whip, compared to say the Evo?

Is the fan as loud as the fan on the classic?

The specs show the temperature range the same as the classic 130c - 230c, is this correct?

I’ve read the chamber adds some conduction, has anyone got any pics of the chamber to share?

Sorry if some of this has been covered before but I’d just like to clarify.
I noticed this is around 960 AUD so I need some help because I’m pretty sure my conversation for buying the Volcano Hybrid will go something like this:
Honey I need to spend $1000 on the new Volcano.

~Oh dear what’s wrong with your old one.

Well nothing really.

~Why do you need a new one?

It’s a new model & with this one I can use a whip not just bags.
(I will then need to explain what a whip is again using words like wiggly hose & breathey tube).

~So you can’t use one of those whip things with your old one?

Well I can but it’s a bit awkward & doesn’t work as well on mine.

~Hmmm, does it do anything that your old one doesn’t?

It does heat up a little faster.

~I think I remember you saying your Volcano is one of the fastest to heat up, has that changed?

Well no...

~Do you have other vaporizers that you can use whips with?

Um, yes I do but....

~It seems to me that you might not really need this new one.

Now, I haven’t had this conversation yet but this is my prediction of how things will go.
I’m thinking I might need to be a little more prepared to push this purchase through.

bucknazty

Worth every penny!
Was going to grab classic but seen the hybrid was just released and went all in! I’ve owned two ariza Qs and was not bad for the price but damn.... the volcano is what sets the bar for best quality vape:bowdown: I got so stoned I popped my first bag by mistake forgetting to turn air pump off :doh: so yea strong and quick air pump :lol:probably stick with whip next time

ejackyou

Hamilton
for those medicating, get your 'digit' soon before they are gone! :cry:

I agree the Volcano is no good for concentrates. It always wastes some and is unsatisfying.

Use 'reducer' for concentrates. :2c:

Last edited by a moderator:
ejackyou,
Reactions: Maitri

turk

turk
...said it before...will say it again...yes, you can use whip without fan..it’s preferable to me because this fan is very strong...is it as loud as the digit fan?...no....is the vapor wispy with the whip without fan?...well.. that depends on temperature...it’s wispy at 360-365....not at 380 or above...hope that helps...cheers...(your strain may also be a variable in terms of wispyness).

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
guys do you think there is any risk on taking a volcano in a suitcase for a trip?
maybe problem with the airport security during the suitcase scanning procedure about the form factor of the volcano? (it kinda looks like a bomb:shrug:)
i'm not preoccupied about smells or weed residue because i always clean my vapes for a trip, but the form factor scares me a little...

any experience of volcano in a suitcase?

turk

turk
guys do you think there is any risk on taking a volcano in a suitcase for a trip?
maybe problem with the airport security during the suitcase scanning procedure about the form factor of the volcano? (it kinda looks like a bomb:shrug:)
i'm not preoccupied about smells or weed residue because i always clean my vapes for a trip, but the form factor scares me a little...

any experience of volcano in a suitcase?
...depends where you’re leaving from...and where you’re going
took my herbalizer through many airports..put in original box, than put that box in shopping bag, which covered the box..than brought on plane as carry on...no problems whatsoever...but this is from sfo..to lax...or San Diego..Vegas..New York ...Boston..

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
...depends where you’re leaving from...and where you’re going
took my herbalizer through many airports..put in original box, than put that box in shopping bag, which covered the box..than brought on plane as carry on...no problems whatsoever...but this is from sfo..to lax...or San Diego..Vegas..New York ...Boston..
from italy to amsterdam and return.
the device is technically legal in both place and i always take with me my portable vaporizer in the suitcase for my past trips to amsterdam, but the volcano is kinda big and suspicious? during the x-ray scanner procedure they maybe think for the worst...

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
...said it before...will say it again...yes, you can use whip without fan..it’s preferable to me because this fan is very strong...is it as loud as the digit fan?...no....is the vapor wispy with the whip without fan?...well.. that depends on temperature...it’s wispy at 360-365....not at 380 or above...hope that helps...cheers...(your strain may also be a variable in terms of wispyness).

Isn't the fan the same fan that is in the classic and the digital?

ChooChooCharlie

@ohmygodimsohigh at 420vapezone did a great livestream with the Hybrid. Said he will compare it with his older Volcanos in a future review. Don't want to link the livestream directly, as Troy may not want that. It's unscripted, live, and long, but you get a good look at function. Google search "youtube 420vapezone volcano hybrid livestream"

ejackyou

Hamilton
I can find no information to verify that. Do you have a link?

Just saw it on review, that fan seemed to blow harder. The air filter is bigger, the filling chamber is less restrictive, but I doubt that they would use a stronger fan, the bags fill up quick enough and it would only be noisier? :sherlock:

ejackyou,

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Ive been running my Volcano Classic for a little over 4 years straight (like im not even kidden it has been turned on and left on forever, besides moving locations several times) its such a beast man for real.

I have a Vapexhale Cloud EVO an im very tempted to buy this because one time i owned an SSV and i loved it to bits, but sold it to a good friend of mine in favor of my Cloud EVO. I was sad the SSV was gone, but ill always remember the fun i had with the whip :) theres just some punchy-ness i miss that i got from the whip :rockon:

I am extremely intrigued, ive been wanting a Plenty for some time now, but after seeing this.. i think its time to buy one last vaporizor for dry herbs, an E-nail is also on my list for vapes..

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Just saw it on review, that fan seemed to blow harder. The air filter is bigger, the filling chamber is less restrictive, but I doubt that they would use a stronger fan, the bags fill up quick enough and it would only be noisier? :sherlock:

Storz & Bickel support says the pump is the same power as the analogue and digital version.

Pabs

"~It seems to me that you might not really need this new one.
Now, I haven’t had this conversation yet but this is my prediction of how things will go.
I’m thinking I might need to be a little more prepared to push this purchase through.[/QUOTE]
"

Hi Poostuff,
I have Volcano Classic, Crafty and FireFly2. I don't use FireFly2 anymore cause of drawn resistance (too much).
Now,I just have the Volcano Hybrid since a week.
- The Pros are :
Built quality :-)
It is (very) faster to reach temperature.
The whip is very powerful. That is the reason I bought it. I've always wanted Plenty but never was sure enough... cause Bag is still my first choice. So, Hybrid is a good thing because it does both.
The chamber adds some convection: Good for the whip. Vape comes faster.
- The Negative :
The Price ! But, when you know Volcano Classic works today as well as 10 years ago, It is not so expensive. (Honestly, today, it is almost impossible to have an electronic device with long lasting quality...)
The fan is not adjustable, and it is noisy like predecessor :-(
For Bag : I think I prefer classic Easy Valve Chamber in Volcano Classic (better taste). I am a little disappoint with this.

Conclusion :
This new model called "hybrid" is a fusion of Volcano digital with the Plenty features, with faster heating.
If you have already a Volcano Classic or Digit, maybe you don't need the Hybrid... only if you really want the "whip" experience and that you are giving a second live to your Volcano Classic (In my case, I am going to keep the Volcano Hybrid at Home, and the Volcano Classic in my Camping Car for travelling.
But the true is : If you use only the bag, both model are amazing, but almost the same.
Hoping this wills help you ;-)
Pabs

Top Bottom