Volcano Hybrid

Chingas

The Supreme has finally been slain. :rip: To celebrate I now have an obsidian bubbler on the way. My only true quibble with the hybrid has been a scratchy throat and lungfeel at the upper end of temps. After some time i'll report back on if & how the obsidian from @Magma_Industries performs in my sample size of n=1.
I feel like all of us who never use these capsules should donate them to those who do so they don't need to purchase them. We could probably organize a dosing capsules for the less fortunate type of program in time for the holidays.

I have 35 I can throw in the pot.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The Supreme has finally been slain. :rip: To celebrate I now have an obsidian bubbler on the way. My only true quibble with the hybrid has been a scratchy throat and lungfeel at the upper end of temps. After some time i'll report back on if & how the obsidian from @Magma_Industries performs in my sample size of n=1.

I think that's a great idea.
I only have one and can use at least 5.
I also agree on the dryness & scratchy throat at above 370

tennisguru1,

SquirrelMaster

@silverharbinger I imagine I'll use reducer at times, but I'm not sure how many dosing capsules I'll need when I do. I can use the reducer without a dosing cap and besides the loss of convenience is there any difference in extraction or anything else?

SquirrelMaster,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

That's a great thing you're setting up?
Where do I sign up for the capsules.
I only have one & really need at least 5 more.

I also get that dry throat when I go above 370.
Same here on the dryness & scratchy throath.

Where do I sign up for them? :>)
I have only one & it sure makes it a pain.
I could sure use 5 more to get a flow going for the day.
On the dry throats hits.
Got the same dryness when I go past 370 without water?

Last edited:

silverharbinger

I imagine I'll use reducer at times, but I'm not sure how many dosing capsules I'll need when I do. I can use the reducer without a dosing cap and besides the loss of convenience is there any difference in extraction or anything else?

I don't think there would be much of a difference either way, but personally I have never used the dosing capsules. Even with their portable units there just doesn't seem to be any reason for me to load some up, but other people use them all the time.

For the sake of science I will try one and let you know my thought(s?) on it.

My man.. Let's get this festivus started! Anyone up for some feats of strength? :rockon:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker

Let us know how you like it! You should be able to go higher than your usual routine (even MAX temp) and not have that scratchy throat feel. We usually start at 385degF and go up from there! Cheers!

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY

I switched from the Supreme 4 to the Hybrid. Better flavor from the Supreme but way more power from the Hybrid. I have NO regrets at all!

Please let me know how the Obsidian functions with the Volcano hybrid. I’m thinking about purchasing one also.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Very cool that the magma/obsidian interface & work with the hybrid! So does that mean you can use the whip attachment doohickey with the magma/obsidian @Magma_Industries ? Is talking about accessories off-topic here even though it’s within the context of the Volcano Hybrid?

I’m still on the fence, but intrigued by this hybrid of a volcano and the sheer number of really cool people who are saying it’s the TRUTH has obviously gotten my attention. I’m not freaked out about the pricetag, mainly because literally everyone who’s pulled the trigger has had zero regrets. I honestly don’t think that I’ve seen anyone be pissed about dropping the $700, even those who rightly note that it is a lot of money.

Factor in the number of Volcanos out there, still pumping after a decade of service and I begin to think of the price tag more as an investment to be amortised over time. I can’t be in a super fast hurry since I have some other vape priorities to satisfy that’ll take the rest of my 2019 budget. I’m an S&B virgin and have only experienced a volcano once, over a decade ago, but I think I’ll have to get a Hybrid eventually. In any event, the thread’s good vibes is enough to keep me coming back!

Can an individual own a Volcano and still refuse to call it a ‘Cano? Or is that mandatory? I’ll need to know. That might be a dealbreaker for me, unless there’s a phenomenon where any reservations melt away upon acquisition.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Very cool that the magma/obsidian interface & work with the hybrid! So does that mean you can use the whip attachment doohickey with the magma/obsidian @Magma_Industries ? Is talking about accessories off-topic here even though it’s within the context of the Volcano Hybrid?

I’m still on the fence, but intrigued by this hybrid of a volcano and the sheer number of really cool people who are saying it’s the TRUTH has obviously gotten my attention. I’m not freaked out about the pricetag, mainly because literally everyone who’s pulled the trigger has had zero regrets. I honestly don’t think that I’ve seen anyone be pissed about dropping the $700, even those who rightly note that it is a lot of money.

Factor in the number of Volcanos out there, still pumping after a decade of service and I begin to think of the price tag more as an investment to be amortised over time. I can’t be in a super fast hurry since I have some other vape priorities to satisfy that’ll take the rest of my 2019 budget. I’m an S&B virgin and have only experienced a volcano once, over a decade ago, but I think I’ll have to get a Hybrid eventually. In any event, the thread’s good vibes is enough to keep me coming back!

Can an individual own a Volcano and still refuse to call it a ‘Cano? Or is that mandatory? I’ll need to know. That might be a dealbreaker for me, unless there’s a phenomenon where any reservations melt away upon acquisition.
I promised the mods I wouldn’t spam the forums and ‘advertise’ here, and while discussion of accessories is certainly allowed, we have a dedicated thread for more in depth discussion about any of our bubblers once the conversation takes a significant detour from being Volcano focused.

With that said, all of our bubblers are compatible with the whip! Our Instagram page has some videos showing this, and even some very neat slo-mo action shots. I personally prefer the vapor going straight to the bag, however some of my other colleagues very much like the whip. They also prefer the whip without any bubbler, so their preference doesn’t seem to be influenced by the presence of a water pipe. We’re seeing that a lot of people fall into two categories for personal use: those that prefer the bag, and those that prefer the whip. Group sessions are different, and people have all kinds of preferences based on their experiences and goals for the group. Cheers!

silverharbinger

I’m still on the fence, but intrigued by this hybrid of a volcano and the sheer number of really cool people who are saying it’s the TRUTH has obviously gotten my attention. I’m not freaked out about the pricetag, mainly because literally everyone who’s pulled the trigger has had zero regrets. I honestly don’t think that I’ve seen anyone be pissed about dropping the $700, even those who rightly note that it is a lot of money

Make no mistake about it. What you are getting for all that money is a very strong, maybe the strongest, flower vaporizer on the market today. None of the vapes I currently own provide nearly as powerful of an effect as my hybrid does, however it is my first desktop vaporizer and I don't have a point of reference for what is more or less potent in this category at all.

All I know is it will get you where you want to be and then some. There are many times where I can't "hang" with this vape and shut it the <^(& off. This is true sometimes even when doing loads with the chamber reducer. You just have to let it go.

We’re seeing that a lot of people fall into two categories for personal use: those that prefer the bag, and those that prefer the whip.

I use the whip more than the bags, but prefer them both. To me it seems like the whip has one type of effect, and the bags are very similar to that but still distinctly its own thing. Between the whip, the bags, the chamber reducer, and maybe the dosing capsules, not to mention all of the temperature settings and workflows you have a myriad of similar but different experiences in one device, but it is definitely not the first desktop vaporizer to offer a lot of what I'm talking about. It's just the first one I have owned that does.

Baron23

I still love my "Cano" ( @pxl_jockey hahaha! ;-) ) Hybrid.

I was lent one, loved it, and now its mine!

I have not yet bothered with the work flow stuff, just plain bag and whip. I have found myself mostly using the whip and I really do like it.

From my observations, the added conduction definitely has an noticeable and desirable (for me) impact. Great extraction and for the first time I am happy with the appearance of my AVB (have owned a Digit for four years).

I do which that they used a standard computer type power cord for their removable cord. Would make it very easy and cheap to have multiple cords, of different lengths, plugged in around the house so I just would have to move the actual unit, but this is a very minor criticism.

I did see in the app (which I don't have up and running right now) as blurb about sending anonymous info back to S&B with, I believe, usage statistics but no way to opt in or out. Am I wrong about this?

Again, my only personal criticism of the Hybrid is price....I believe that it should have been priced identical to the Digit which has been discontinued and suspect that with time the price will come down.

The only other concern is general to the Volcano overall...its is def NOT a micro-doser. LOL Yes, you can top a load with the liquid pad for smaller loads. But for me, this is an about .35 g min kind of session with the Volcano. This is fine with me as a med patient who basically wants a knockout session just before bed time. The Hybrid definitely delivered hard hitting effects, IME.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@pxl_jockey I'm thinking of trying one too, though to be honest I have a hard time believing it will really hit as hard as my Flowerpots did. Used to get hits so strong off the FP I had to sit down, I just don't remember getting effects like that with my Classic or my Digital, but maybe it's been too long! :science:

Wish I could get a mail-in rebate for this Classic sitting in my closet :lol: it's basically worthless since you can find working units for the same price S&B wants to replace the pump.

Kinda cool you can detach the cord from this new one and stow it away, the Volcano always kinda needed a decent amount of space in the vape station, nice to be able to stash it away quickly if need be!

"I'm thinking of trying one too, though to be honest I have a hard time believing it will really hit as hard as my Flowerpots did."

I don't think it will hit as hard as the flower pot. My vapexhale Will push out denser clouds and hit harder if I want it too compared to my hybrid. But it's not far off. It's just the flower pot might be king of hard hitters.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@stickstones - you still using the Super Bag work flow you posted in your POTV review or have you modified it since?

Pretty similar. I give it a 20 second heat soak after it reaches the first temp, before the first pump cycle (per Troy!). Then I adjust the top temp depending on what time of day it is! I never blow a bag without this workflow!

Baron23

Pretty similar. I give it a 20 second heat soak after it reaches the first temp, before the first pump cycle (per Troy!). Then I adjust the top temp depending on what time of day it is! I never blow a bag without this workflow!
I need to set one up. I have just been using the whip, which I love, but need to try this bag approach.

If I have it correctly, we can do anything we want as long as pump time total is 35 seconds or less. Right?

Thanks for the reply!!

Poostuff

Please delete
The orange housing has broken a clip on mine. I’ve never dropped or even cleaned the housing, just brushed with the brush from time to time. It hasn’t made any difference because the clips have never held the bowl securely, but looking at it closely I think it’s time for another one.

I see they sell the housing separately & it’s relatively cheap so it’s probably considered a consumable part, but it would be nice if they offered a heavy duty or high temperature option.

My vapexhale Will push out denser clouds and hit harder if I want it too compared to my hybrid.
I wish my Evo pushed out denser clouds than than the Hybrid. What temperature do you use the Hybrid at?

@pxl_jockey I reckon this would be the best S&B product to lose your virginity to if you’d just stop procrastinating. I bet if there was a waiting list you’d be on it already, procrastinators love waiting lists.

Last edited:

silverharbinger

The orange housing has broken a clip on mine. I’ve never dropped or even cleaned the housing, just brushed with the brush from time to time. It hasn’t made any difference because the clips have never held the bowl securely, but looking at it closely I think it’s time for another one.

This happens to me with the chamber reducer quite a bit without any broken clips. It will screw in to the metal nozzle, and when I try to open the chamber up after using it the bowl stays attached to the nozzle. I have to remove the o-ring and detach the nozzle in order to open it.

So far I have not had this issue with the chamber that the hybrid came with, so I assume that the reducer doesn't seat quite right in the lower plastic housing. I also figure that S&B may try to correct this by releasing a re-designed plastic housing, chamber reducer, or both in the future. Then again, maybe they won't, but that is all part of the excitement of getting in on a newer product at launch. Speaking of..

My replacement Hybrid has arrived, so the total turnaround time on the RMA was 11 days. I tried using a dosing capsule with it, and it has a good effect although I didn't think that the vapor tasted as good as it does without using the capsule. I wasn't expecting that at all.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I need to set one up. I have just been using the whip, which I love, but need to try this bag approach.

If I have it correctly, we can do anything we want as long as pump time total is 35 seconds or less. Right?

Thanks for the reply!!

You do! You're seriously missing out. I don't blow my bags any more than a total of 40 seconds, based on timing my machine. You can do as many different temps you want. I added 100 flows to see how far it would go, so there are no practical limits! I literally never use this vape without the app.

Nolan Kinshella

You do! You're seriously missing out. I don't blow my bags any more than a total of 40 seconds, based on timing my machine. You can do as many different temps you want. I added 100 flows to see how far it would go, so there are no practical limits! I literally never use this vape without the app.

I really need to get a good bag recipe to try out, been on the whip through a water pipe, which is great, but the stepped bags were one of the reasons I bought the Hybrid.

Nolan Kinshella

Oh well, in regards to my last, the point is moot, can't connect my Hybrid to the app anymore, strange, was working fine the other day. Contacted S&B.

Nolan Kinshella,

Mixio

TheVaporOne
just arrived :rofl:and just tried :bang:this vaporizer made me go back to the first day.. is a bomb :myday:Buy it Worth all that you spend, the first balloon at 190 degrees Celsius and I'm already lying with the heels on the ground ...yet I've tried vaporizers in 7 years:peace:

:love:

I wish my Evo pushed out denser clouds than than the Hybrid. What temperature do you use the Hybrid at?
.[/QUOTE]

Just at the 1 o'clock. The volcano is more free flowing and so the vapor is a little more fluffy. I think because the elb fits in the glass helps as well. So I use my Evo with the whip and the hybrid with the balloons.

Baron23

Just at the 1 o'clock. The volcano is more free flowing and so the vapor is a little more fluffy. I think because the elb fits in the glass helps as well. So I use my Evo with the whip and the hybrid with the balloons.[/QUOTE]
I run my EVO at about 1 - 1:15 on the dial also.

Absolutely LOVE my EVO.

Absolutely LOVE my Hybrid.

All good....grateful to have choices.

Top Bottom