Volcano Hybrid

WakeVape&Bake

My Hybrid arrived yesterday, after testing i have to say that this device gets me really medicated, i´ve been using the chamber reducer with capsules and you just need a little amount to get the maximum effect.

it hits much harder than the Mighty for sure. the thing is, with the whip the taste is not so great imo, it is super efficient but for people who want a great taste it might leave them disappointed. but, it isn´t harsh on the throat, very cool vapor and easy to inhale.

for me it is about efficiency and there you can´t beat the Hybrid. The Heat up time is super quick, thing is ready in under a minute and you can use it for sessions or for the quick hit with a little material in a capsule, the effect is just great.

Last edited:

JPE

Wooooooo boys! After almost a decade of seeing Volcanos. I finally own one.

First thoughts are that its the classic S&B quality product. The vapour quality is amazing.

Bags: I am used to hitting my Nonavong all the time through water. So the high of a bag session vs vapcap session is different. Not sure what it is but the Volcano effects just feel very ‘pure/clean’ and they creep up on you. The vapcap high is more up front and in your face, doesnt feel as clean/pure. But I like them both.
The AVB after is never as dark as the vapcap in the volcano.

Whip: idk even through a bong I didint really like it. Feels like I have to pull a lot of air in order to get some vapour mixed in with it. I would prefer if the vapour was more dense when sipping from the whip.

I dont have a chamber reducer yet so been using the liquid pad to fill the chamber.

Have not even played with the app yet. These are first impressions by first volcano. Yet to be mastered. Used it for like 3hrs.

Last edited:

WakeVape&Bake

yeah, this thing hits much deeper than a Mighty or Plenty, definitely the hardest hitting vaporizer i have used so far.

my EQ has never got me medicated in such a drastic way, i am really floored about the effect. a full capsule gets me medicated for around two and a half hours which is a long time and i feel completely satisfied with it. yesterday i vaped two capsules and was nearly couch locked.

it is like an extreme version of the Plenty and surely nothing for people who want a little high, it hits like a truck and i love it.

i just have to get used to the fact that it is definitely a "hit this thing and be done with it" vape, no more hours long sipping on a whip like with the EQ. the Hybrid gets the job done fast and efficient, you don´t have to wait long for an effect to set in, it hits in such a short time that it can be really stunning :-)

price is high but i think that i´ll be using this device for the next decade, so the price will redeem itself. imo, there is just no other device to extract in such an efficient and quick way on the market.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Interesting comments, although I do wonder how much of it is just new toy excitement, will be interesting to hear if these comments stay the same over time. I felt like my Mighty hits harder then any of my Volcanos with smoother vapor to boot, but still haven't tried the Hybrid. Isn't there like 30 more degrees on tap than the Mighty? I think it was in 2005 where they discovered with the Volcano vaporizer that most of the THC was decarbing, but not actually vaporizing until 400F.

Baron23

although I do wonder how much of it is just new toy excitement

Yes, I have certainly fallen into the honeymoon trap in the past myself. But, it does seem to be getting a good bit of acclaim.

Feels like I have to pull a lot of air in order to get some vapour mixed in with it. I would prefer if the vapour was more dense when sipping from the whip.

You using the fan for forced air through the whip or just drawing on it?

Baron23

Just pulling air through my bong. It doesnt seem to milk my piece like my NonaVong does. Maybe i just gotta dial it in right.
Turn on that blown air....but remember to exhale or it starts coming out of your ears! haha

What temp are you at. Have you considered increasing the temp.

Now me, I'm a maniac and run my Digit at 446 F. Really and truly. Yeah, it will make me cough here and there, but wow...thick vapor for fast and strong effects which is me at night time.

Cheers and I'm sure with more experience with it you will find your sweet spots for bag and whip.

justcametomind

Wooooooo boys! After almost a decade of seeing Volcanos. I finally own one.

First thoughts are that its the classic S&B quality product. The vapour quality is amazing.

Bags: I am used to hitting my Nonavong all the time through water. So the high of a bag session vs vapcap session is different. Not sure what it is but the Volcano effects just feel very ‘pure/clean’ and they creep up on you. The vapcap high is more up front and in your face, doesnt feel as clean/pure. But I like them both.
The AVB after is never as dark as the vapcap in the volcano.

Whip: idk even through a bong I didint really like it. Feels like I have to pull a lot of air in order to get some vapour mixed in with it. I would prefer if the vapour was more dense when sipping from the whip.

I dont have a chamber reducer yet so been using the liquid pad to fill the chamber.

Have not even played with the app yet. These are first impressions by first volcano. Yet to be mastered. Used it for like 3hrs.
I don’t mean VapCap is bad but imho it’s difficult to feel when it’s time to stop heating. I would constantly look for that last hit and constantly scorch my loads. My VapCap high would be very similar to a combination of vaping and light combustion. If you do the same no wonders Volcano feels so different.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Interesting comments, although I do wonder how much of it is just new toy excitement, will be interesting to hear if these comments stay the same over time. I felt like my Mighty hits harder then any of my Volcanos with smoother vapor to boot, but still haven't tried the Hybrid. Isn't there like 30 more degrees on tap than the Mighty? I think it was in 2005 where they discovered with the Volcano vaporizer that most of the THC was decarbing, but not actually vaporizing until 400F.

I cannot find any info on the THC not actually vaporizing until 400F.
There is a thread on FC called "Decarbing with a volcano".

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I cannot find any info on the THC not actually vaporizing until 400F.
There is a thread on FC called "Decarbing with a volcano".

https://www.rollitup.org/t/prelimin...olcano-tempature-setting-by-dr-hornby.393439/

Unfortunately it's only one set of info in a space with very little documented information. Interesting stuff to consider though. I've always used XL oven bags with my Volcano so I do think the word "bag" is subjective depending on how its configured, I assume that information was compiled with a pretty small one.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m not buying that study. You can get plenty high at 360-380 degrees. If it’s not thc getting me high what is it? And what does thc do?

Have you ever dabbed pure THCA? It's not much of a high.

I understand your skepticism, IMO there is a lot of missing information because consider this: those vaporizer infographics claim THC vaporizes at 315F. Try taking a dab with a measured dish temp of 315F, or vape a bag at that temp, do you get really high? IMO the boiling point of THC is a grey area with conflicting information.

edit: also consider decarb percentages and temps used (210c = 410F) during this classic study https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286

Last edited:

JPE

Can you attach the hybrid whip to the original or digital volcano?

I've heard you cannot.

Day 2 with Volcano:
On another topic, I think the Hybrid's vapor is super smooth. I remember hitting Volcano Classics and my throat getting dry/coughing. But I have not had this issue SO FAR with my new Volcano Hybrid. The vapor is just smooth and doesn't even feel like it needs water filtration when hitting from the bag.

chuloquiles

I understand your skepticism, IMO there is a lot of missing information because consider this: those vaporizer infographics claim THC vaporizes at 315F. Try taking a dab with a measured dish temp of 315F, or vape a bag at that temp, do you get really high? IMO the boiling point of THC is a grey area with conflicting information.

edit: also consider decarb percentages and temps used (210c = 410F) during this classic study https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286

I agree with the lack of documented info but from a purely scientific perspective activation has nothing to do with actual method of delivery. Depending on what you’re dabbing on, in California lots of wpff, which preserves terpenoids while having higher of concentration of THC, but the delivery mechanism, oil becomes volatile at higher temps than organic plant matter. Also the moister level of your plant matter can effect the way THC is vaporized. When we consume edibles, most in California are made with oil which needs to be baked to activate, I know as it passed through your intestines the body receives THC differently than oral inhalation. But it’s still active between 315-375.

chuloquiles,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CANtalk

In populations, it's well known that a range of responses happens to the individuals from a given (identical) stimulus or drug; different people often simply respond differently (in magnitude, duration, etc).

Here's some feedback I read previously about THCA, and the person gets haf. https://www.thestranger.com/weed/20...seattle-and-it-looks-almost-like-crystal-meth

I get haf from ~ 320 F draws on one of my evapes and with ~ 355 F draws on my other evape. My best experiences are the first fresh product low temp draws from an evape. I don't even vape above 400 F basically.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
but from a purely scientific perspective activation has nothing to do with actual method of delivery.

Scientific perspective of what?

Depending on what you’re dabbing on, in California lots of wpff, which preserves terpenoids while having higher of concentration of THC, but the delivery mechanism, oil becomes volatile at higher temps than organic plant matter.

I don't really understand your reference of bubble hash in comparison to the vaporization point of pure THCA isolate? What are you saying? Also WPFF is probably the lowest selling product in the whole state.

When we consume edibles, most in California are made with oil which needs to be baked to activate, I know as it passed through your intestines the body receives THC differently than oral inhalation. But it’s still active between 315-375.

Most edibles in California are made with distillate, which is already decarboxylated.

In populations, it's well known that a range of responses happens to the individuals from a given (identical) stimulus or drug; different people often simply respond differently (in magnitude, duration, etc).

It's also well known that people react similarly to total placebo.

Last edited:

sanfranciscosadhu

it hits much harder than the Mighty for sure. the thing is, with the whip the taste is not so great imo, it is super efficient but for people who want a great taste it might leave them disappointed. but, it isn´t harsh on the throat, very cool vapor and easy to inhale.

This actually concerns me a little. A lot now that I think of it. Taste is super important to me. I actually feel that the terpenes are still vastly underrated. Big clouds seem to be more important to most. I do like those too from time to time. I also like to taste the herb itself. In my Mighty I actually start at 325 sometimes, having a few flavor hits. I also wonder if the Classic, which I own, perhaps gives tastier (yet less cloudy) vapor as it is pure convection.
Surely wish I could try this device before shelling out $700. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so who knows, one of the dispensaries may have a demo at some point.

WakeVape&Bake

This actually concerns me a little. A lot now that I think of it. Taste is super important to me. I actually feel that the terpenes are still vastly underrated. Big clouds seem to be more important to most. I do like those too from time to time. I also like to taste the herb itself. In my Mighty I actually start at 325 sometimes, having a few flavor hits. I also wonder if the Classic, which I own, perhaps gives tastier (yet less cloudy) vapor as it is pure convection.
Surely wish I could try this device before shelling out $700. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so who knows, one of the dispensaries may have a demo at some point.

to be honest, i don´t think any S&B device is a tastemaster, they all have that roasted popcorn flavour after a few hits. the first hit is tasty, after that it is just about effectiveness.

people like to forget that these are medical devices first, they do their job in getting the user efficiently medicated, for pure taste there are imo better options than any of the S&B devices. (Sticky Brick for example)

Volcano Hybrid vapour is similar to the Plenty vapour, it also has this blueish hue which only the S&B devices seem to produce and that is a high concentrated vapour which doesn´t even produce big clouds, sometimes you don´t even see any vapour when breathing out but you really feel that it is doing its job perfectly.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That makes no sense dude, this sounds like hype to me
My Plenty does the blue vapor, not my Mighty though, I think it is due to vaporizing so much product at once, not many vapes can hold this much;
img_20190615_171452-jpg.10045

I never use my reducer, it is just fucked compared to a full bowl.:tup: Also tastes great with the S/S replaced with a glass J-hook:2c:

Top Bottom