Volcano classic fan switch problem

neilito

About four years ago my buddy and I both bought volcanoes (classic version) and we've both had issues with the green fan switch breaking. For about six months to a year we've both had to hold continuously on the button because the toggle device no longer worked. Well, unsurprisingly, yesterday the button stuck for good and now I'm stuck with a volcano that heats up but doesn't blow (which totally blows, I might add). Admittedly, this thing has been used daily by me and my wife and we've been happy with it, so much so that I'm not angry about the switch (I would have paid one dollar a day for four years to have rented the machine). What I wonder is if my friend and I both had the same problem (the devices were purchased at different stores), why can't I find anyone else with the same problem.

On the upshot, all my searching brought me to this forum, where I learned about the PD and after checking out, I got myself on the waiting list ASAP.

Has anyone else out there had issues with the volcano classic buttons? And since I believe in miracles, does anyone know how to fix this "marvel" of German engineering?

Thanks for any help you can give.

neilito,

Frickr

well i would take the unit apart if you feel comfortable doing it, and remove the button, then go to an electronic supply warehouse, and see if they can offer any help with a replacement button. also places like www.granger.com might offer some things too

Frickr,

Venti

My switch broke after about a million uses (three years). Sent it to the company in Cali and they fixed the volcano for free, had it back in about a week. Address was on box. -Venti

Venti,

vapor9

elsewhere
Hey,

SWIM has a Digi with the same issue, however his switch is still functional, swim really hasn't had to 'deal' with the problem yet. Swim did contact someone and got this info pertaining to a replacement... (as swim was skeptical sending his unit across borders with the amount of residue on the inside, obv the unit was still under warranty).

replace the switch with (Type RS13; 6A; 110V)

Swim doesn't want to implicate anyone but this was sent to him via email from a very trusted source. Hope this helps, swim imagines the buttons are similar, the buttons look very similar.

vr9

vapor9,

coma-boy

vapor9 said:
replace the switch with (Type RS13; 6A; 110V)
SWIM is soon to have the same problem. It's on the horizon. SWIM would love to know where SWIY may or may not have located an RS13 switch. Google is not SWIM's friend today.

coma-boy,

stinkmeaner

Clean it like you would clean a toilet if you had to use as a cereal bowl and eat breakfast out of it.

stinkmeaner,

thew

OK so the Boards MODS deiced that by me telling you where to find the switch at Amazon.com I am trying to sell you something.. So Ill just say they are at Amazon..

Enjoy

thew,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
thew said:
OK so the Boards MODS deiced that by me telling you where to find the switch at Amazon.com I am trying to sell you something.. So Ill just say they are at Amazon..

Enjoy

This was your original post (links edited):

My green switch also died after many years of use..
Green and Red Rocker Switches for Volcano, I Found them on Amazon here.

http://www.am azon.com/gp/product/B004AAP5KQ Green

http://www.am azon.com/gp/product/B004AAQJ3S Red

IT was very easy to replace my Green Switch, about 5 mins work.. Now i am back up and Vaping
Your email is @sbcreative.com, which lists DepotEco right in the logo. The same amazon store you linked items from, posing as a consumer. I email you to explain the rules, give you a second chance to properly introduce your company and you still deny any wrongdoing while calling me a liar. Classy.

vtac,

thew

Wait, so you post what you told me not to?
Crazy. ..

I really don't care where you buy the switch from..

thew,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
thew said:
Wait, so you post what you told me not to?
Crazy. ..

I really don't care where you buy the switch from..

So, is threatening legal action against this site because I posted your domain (which is not an email by the way) tantamount to admission of affiliation with said domain?

:hmm:

vtac,

thew

Dude are you 12 ? i mean really. All i am trying to do is help fellow Volcano users that suffer from the same issue. You then post enough of my personal email address to be sure we get spammed for life.. I mean really.. Just delete the post already and let those of us that need parts for our volcano find them some other way.. Its really no sweat off my back..

So sorry I tried to tell others where to get an otherwise very difficult part aside from buying from Canada. ..

thew,

21j21

The switch models are sr-06nr-r (red) and sr-06nr-g (green)

I could only find one Canadian outfit selling them online, an electronics wholesaler by the name of Addison Electronics from Montreal.

They will sell individual switches (1.49) but minimum shipping/handing on an order is $15.50 I believe. It would, therefore, be economically advantageous to order multiple switches at the same time.

My air switch is on it's way out (just under 3 years old) and my friends just went on him (just over 3 years old), both Volcano classics. It is, however, entirely understandable that the switches would eventually give out. They can only be pressed so many thousand times before the plastic fatigues and cracks. It is, after all, just a $1.49 plastic switch.

21j21,
Reactions: Rodney
Top Bottom