Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So, I still haven't seen a response as to the comparison with the Healthy Rips Fury Edge. My only complaint with the Edge is the draw restriction. How is it with the Go?

This might be a bit more open, but I'd have to compare directly, thing is they use different technology as the Edge is more of a hybrid session vape, albeit a quick powerful one.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't really have anything like the GO so it fills a new spot for me. I never favored the "Pen" type devices, mostly because they tended to be designed for concentrates of one kind or another. This is the first device like this I have used that vapes flower. Earlier on I had a FM 5.0 and this works way better than that did. The more I use it the more use for it I find.
If only the battery lasted longer or was replaceable. But that is a tall order at this price and size.

OF

So, I still haven't seen a response as to the comparison with the Healthy Rips Fury Edge. My only complaint with the Edge is the draw restriction. How is it with the Go?
This might be a bit more open, but I'd have to compare directly, thing is they use different technology as the Edge is more of a hybrid session vape, albeit a quick powerful one.

It's definitely more open. Of course? This is a convection vape, it depends on rather than is hindered by, airflow. Two different systems. Conduction vapes are limited by how fast heat can conduct in, airflow past that reduces vapor production. Convection, when 'in the groove' has more and more heat drawn in, so it makes more vapor if you hit it harder (like blazing does).

FWIW I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'hybrid' vape outside of advertising. If the air isn't heated hotter going in than coming out it's taking rather than adding heat to the load......no convection going on? Well no convection heating anyway, yes there is convection COOLING going on. I get it folks want any part of convection, and are willing to pay more for the promise of it, but the Thermodynamics I learned says. Convection or conduction, but not both if the heat flow definitions of science are to be honored. Since the hottest part of Edge is 400F or so, all the (heated) air coming in has to be less than that (unlike here where we have a 1300 or so source providing 650F plus air) and since heat can only flow from hot to cold.....

OF

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
FWIW I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'hybrid' vape outside of advertising. If the air isn't heated hotter going in than coming out it's taking rather than adding heat to the load.

OF

Surely though it does exist like how Storz & Bickel vapes have the bowl and convective air reaching the herb at the same temperature? That's what makes their devices perform the way they do, or so I think?

Other than the obvious size and battery difference, how does this vape differ (performance wise) from the other on demand convection vapes like the iHeat or Splinter?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have one on the way.
I trust @OF and @Vicki and @Baron23 and @Shit Snacks (and probably others I forgot) opinions so clickedy-click I went (that is me clicking on the “buy” button).
I 100% do not need it, but with such good reviews, under $60 shipped and waaaaay too much time on my hands, why not?

Should receive this weekend.
Thanks fellow enablers!

I really don’t think you will be disappointed. Can’t wait to hear how you like it!

OF

Surely though it does exist like how Storz & Bickel vapes have the bowl and convective air reaching the herb at the same temperature? That's what makes their devices perform the way they do, or so I think?

I don't know the vape, never even seen one. But even the Germans can't change the rules of Thermodynamics. If heated air is going to convey heat to the load to make vapor, by definition it has to be hotter going in. Period.

The numbers match (of course). The drop in temperature (in degrees) times the amount of air (in moles usually, but weight alone also works with the correct constants) divided by a 'calories per degree C per mole' constant gives the number of calories transferred in. This heat is available to convert THC to vapor (at some other 'calories per mole' constant to say how much vapor is made. Any heating of air that comes in below discharge temperature comes out of that supply of calories. That air not only doesn't make vapor but 'robs' heat in the load that otherwise would make more vapor for us to enjoy.

Remember, the average air temperature is what counts. Since the output air only makes solid (and brief) contact with the heater at best, and most misses it and has to rely on getting a fraction of that temperature by IR on the way by, the average air temperature can never be as hot as the surface heating it. For convection to heat you need a source many hundreds of degrees hotter than the load so the average temperature of the heated air can be a few hundred degree hotter than the load so it can give up heat to make vapor and still be above load temperature to exit. Being close won't feed the bulldog.

You can see the heater glow. Medium red steel is like 1300F, yellow (what I see) is closer to 2000F.

Or so I understand Thermodynamics. Heat is quantifiable (we can actually measure it with enough effort), goes from hot to cold, and the math fits. Always, or it wouldn't be 'the Law of Thermodynamics'. Although plenty of Sales types insist otherwise? And hopeful buyers will lay their money down on those claims.

OF

Baron23

Hi sir, you might enter into the stealth mode. If you want to see the bright LED light, just need to hold the fire button for 10 seconds until you see a luminous yellow light flashes when the device is off.
Thank you for your support and many useful suggestions.
Hi Vivant - yes!! I was somehow in stealth mode and your instructions worked just fine for getting out of it.

I note that there is absolutely no mention of this mode in the included manual or on your site. This should be added somewhere.

I noted that before I exited stealth mode, I somehow got into a mode where when I pushed the fire button, it would start a slow bright red flashing and not heat up. If I released the button and pressed again, I now got the dim stealth lights and it would heat up and vape.

So, there does appear to be more modes and lighting indicators that is addressed in the manual or your website and I suggest that this be corrected.

Finally, I'm continuing to enjoy this device and getting good vapor from it. But I also continue to HATE the silicone air cooler/mesh/ring up in the MP.

Yesterday, again....when I took off the MP it left the ring/mesh stuck to the oven. And again, using hemostats to get it back into place and press it down on the silicone air cooler. All in all, a PIA and those ring/mesh parts will get dropped and lost by people using this vape when out and about which is it made for.

Its my only complaint but I feeling rather adamant that this needs to be fixed for me to give unmitigated recommendations to buy this device. The internal mouthpiece assembly just needs to be made better, IMO.

I'm guessing that none of us who have a GO also have a Fury Edge. I don't so I can't give you a comparison.

I do have a Fury 2 and have to say that I really do think I get better vapor out of the GO than my Fury 2.

Fury seems to have better batt life but I can't swear to that.

As mentioned in the reviews (which you read, right??), the Fury has temp up/down buttons, single digit temp resolution, and a screen display.

The GO does not have these features and uses a single button and colored light to indicate what's going on.

The GO really does come apart fully and well for cleaning and replacement of the chamber or even the heating element...without the need for tools. The Fury (and most other portables) do not.

The Fury Edge is $149 and the GO is $69.99 less 20% if you use one of the codes provided to reviewers to share.

I'm not sure there is much more to say about it than that.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hi Vivant - yes!! I was somehow in stealth mode and your instructions worked just fine for getting out of it.

I note that there is absolutely no mention of this mode in the included manual or on your site. This should be added somewhere.

I noted that before I exited stealth mode, I somehow got into a mode where when I pushed the fire button, it would start a slow bright red flashing and not heat up. If I released the button and pressed again, I now got the dim stealth lights and it would heat up and vape.

So, there does appear to be more modes and lighting indicators that is addressed in the manual or your website and I suggest that this be corrected.

Finally, I'm continuing to enjoy this device and getting good vapor from it. But I also continue to HATE the silicone air cooler/mesh/ring up in the MP.

Yesterday, again....when I took off the MP it left the ring/mesh stuck to the oven. And again, using hemostats to get it back into place and press it down on the silicone air cooler. All in all, a PIA and those ring/mesh parts will get dropped and lost by people using this vape when out and about which is it made for.

Its my only complaint but I feeling rather adamant that this needs to be fixed for me to give unmitigated recommendations to buy this device. The internal mouthpiece assembly just needs to be made better, IMO.

I'm guessing that none of us who have a GO also have a Fury Edge. I don't so I can't give you a comparison.

I do have a Fury 2 and have to say that I really do think I get better vapor out of the GO than my Fury 2.

Fury seems to have better batt life but I can't swear to that.

As mentioned in the reviews (which you read, right??), the Fury has temp up/down buttons, single digit temp resolution, and a screen display.

The GO does not have these features and uses a single button and colored light to indicate what's going on.

The GO really does come apart fully and well for cleaning and replacement of the chamber or even the heating element...without the need for tools. The Fury (and most other portables) do not.

The Fury Edge is $149 and the GO is $69.99 less 20% if you use one of the codes provided to reviewers to share.

I'm not sure there is much more to say about it than that.

For the record I do have both, not sure why you would presume no one does?

Anyway yes though they may see similar they do have a wide price difference, and as I mentioned employee completely different technology... I see no reason they couldn't complement each other, but if someone is torn between both they will have to decide what features they prefer... And any such direct comparison should have its own thread in askFC of course!

I have not yet had those issues with the screen coming out in my mouth piece, but I probably haven't used mine as much yet, and so far have been religiously keeping it spotless... Like I have not used the built-in scooper, instead I am using Delta3D scoop to fill my bowls thus far.

OF

For the record I do have both, not sure why you would presume no one does?

Anyway yes though they may see similar they do have a wide price difference, and as I mentioned employee completely different technology... I see no reason they couldn't complement each other, but if someone is torn between both they will have to decide what features they prefer... And any such direct comparison should have its own thread in askFC of course!

I have not yet had those issues with the screen coming out in my mouth piece, but I probably haven't used mine as much yet, and so far have been religiously keeping it spotless... Like I have not used the built-in scooper, instead I am using Delta3D scoop to fill my bowls thus far.

You're not alone (of course) but I saw the OP as being entirely too broad. A bit like asking 'how does your new motorcycle compare to last year's Ford F150 Pickup? More differences than points in common. The draw resistance question at least narrowed it down enough to makes sense to me.

What are the coupons?
Can someone post?

Sorry, I was specifically asked to not post/share it. Not sure about others, of course. If you've read the thread (which we all agreed to do before posting) you already know there's one mentioned......

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
What are the coupons?
Can someone post?

I’ve got one, “vicki20”. I wasn’t told not to share it, and it’s even in my review video.

You're not alone (of course) but I saw the OP as being entirely too broad. A bit like asking 'how does your new motorcycle compare to last year's Ford F150 Pickup? More differences than points in common. The draw resistance question at least narrowed it down enough to makes sense to me.

Sorry, I was specifically asked to not post/share it. Not sure about others, of course. If you've read the thread (which we all agreed to do before posting) you already know there's one mentioned......

OF

Who told you not to share it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Because nobody answered him??

As far as being presumptuous....did you perhaps note the "I'm guessing" part of my post?

I guess you didn't see my post at the top of this page, and OF's that followed it (as both have built of one another for two more posts after that), I didn't tag the OP but replied to the follow up request for an Edge vs Go comparison from another member... Anyway sorry for using the word presume, didn't mean to offend you... Ultimate point being this is not the place for direct comparisons of vapes, but I think if one researches both of these products they will see the many differences between them, despite some basic categoric similarities.

Sorry for the thread derail everyone! I will say that some sort of glass mouthpiece option for the VleafGo would be pretty nice, could allow for taste to shine through a bit better, though of course it wouldn't be as portable... Wouldn't necessarily offer any more cooling either, but could be a nice theoretical alternative. I'll be back with more usage reports soon, I know the comparison stuff is always tricky here!

OF

Who told you not to share it?

They did. Their call, I figure?

I suggest any further discussion on the topic take place off line? This already uncomfortably close to confidential to make me uncomfortable. PM if you wanna? Thanks.

Is there a plastic taste from this vape? The ambit had a slight taste I noticed.

Not that I noticed, but I wiped it down with ISO first. And, of course, after the first use everything inside is coated with condensate so it tastes a bit like the last session.

Other noses might disagree, of course.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vicki

ginolicious

I know Troy said it gets a bit of a taste. I do recall a bit of an after taste from the Ambit. But it wasn’t that bad. This unit is nicely priced for convection which has me interested considering all my vapes seems to be fucking breaking now.

Baron23

I guess you didn't see my post at the top of this page, and OF's that followed it (as both have built of one another for two more posts after that), I didn't tag the OP but replied to the follow up request for an Edge vs Go comparison from another member... Anyway sorry for using the word presume, didn't mean to offend you... Ultimate point being this is not the place for direct comparisons of vapes, but I think if one researches both of these products they will see the many differences between them, despite some basic categoric similarities.

Sorry for the thread derail everyone! I will say that some sort of glass mouthpiece option for the VleafGo would be pretty nice, could allow for taste to shine through a bit better, though of course it wouldn't be as portable... Wouldn't necessarily offer any more cooling either, but could be a nice theoretical alternative. I'll be back with more usage reports soon, I know the comparison stuff is always tricky here!
All good, my friend.

And no, I didn't see your's or OF's related post...just the one from the inquirer saying "hey, nobody answered me" hahaha Then I guess I replied and it skipped to the last page and no, I didn't see your post.

What are the coupons?
Can someone post?
I was told by Vivant specifically to share this so here it is:

stephen20

This is supposed to get you 20% off.

Not sure why OF got different directions than it seems the rest of the eval crew got??

Cheers

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
All good, my friend.

And no, I didn't see your's or OF's related post...just the one from the inquirer saying "hey, nobody answered me" hahaha Then I guess I replied and it skipped to the last page and no, I didn't see your post.

I was told by Vivant specifically to share this so here it is:

stephen20

This is supposed to get you 20% off.

Not sure why OF got different directions than it seems the rest of the eval crew got??

Cheers

That’s why I shared my code. I was never told not to share it.

Vicki,
Reactions: Baron23

Baron23

That’s why I shared my code. I was never told not to share it.
Hi Vicki - yeah, so this is from an email from Niya at Vivant....nothing confidential about is so:

Are you ready to open a thread or post something on our FC vleaf go thread?
They could use your code: stephen20 to get 20% off, is it nice?

No idea why they told @OF not to.

Baron23,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom