Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Looks like a nice little vape, I want to order one but, since that Covid19, internationals shipping rate are crazy expensive... 29.50$ for my location across the pond.

Is the replacable heater usefull since the battery is not replacable? generally battery fail before the heater is done... although I can't speak about that heater specifically but since convection use very high t° this is might lead to a quick degradation explaining that replacement heater.

OF

You da man. Always have been, continue to be, true hope for the future.

Thanks once again!

Gladly @Vivant Customer Service !

Apologies, seems I'm always late to the party!

• Charge time: Approx 45 minutes. (If I was out and about, all I would need is two of these. One to carry with me, the other would be charging in the car!)

Not to worry, the important part is you made it. Plenty of time left to join in the enjoyment.

There is another approach for short battery life, recharge in the field with a power bank. Like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...1_4?keywords=power+bank&qid=1585382490&sr=8-4

Or this one that looks even more convenient to use, it has the output cable we need and will also work with other gear:
https://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Por...16?keywords=power+bank&qid=1585382490&sr=8-16

I've used a similar unit for a couple years now and a fun one that has a small solar panel on the back, unfortunately neither is still available (isn't that the way it works out?).

It's important to not get carried away with the numbers.....Sales types tend to play fast and loose with them. For instance, even if that 10,000mAh is real that's as stored at 4.2 to 3.2 Volts typically (it drops as it discharges). It has to be 'bumped up' to 5.0 to feed the charge output. This means you use a lot more stored power to get the 900mAh needed to fully recharge the vape. It's not 100% efficient, of course, maybe 85? So you loose more there (making more heat instead of charging the vape). Overall I wouldn't count on getting more than half that 10,000mAh into the vape.....but that's still lots of recharges, way more play time than a second vape and much cheaper?

Looks like a nice little vape, I want to order one but, since that Covid19, internationals shipping rate are crazy expensive... 29.50$ for my location across the pond.

Is the replacable heater usefull since the battery is not replacable? generally battery fail before the heater is done... although I can't speak about that heater specifically but since convection use very high t° this is might lead to a quick degradation explaining that replacement heater.

I think you've hit on the reason it's useful. 306 SS is tough stuff, but it does get mighty hot in there. Another consideration. Some debris from above made it down those small holes in the oven, where, of course, they burned. I could taste it. But the heater comes out easily and has a cover on one side so I was able to take it off and blow the junk out. There was still a bit of residual taste with an empty oven (no doubt from condensation on the walls. A maximum heat run for 10 seconds or so with blowing through the input vent (covering the other vent with a finger) took care of that toot sweet.

Bummer about the shipping, hopefully that will ease some (even if it didn't return to 'normal'). You also might try the code Vicki mentioned in her video, it would cover half the shipping?

Regards to all.

OF

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
So, out of curiosity more than anything else, I just tested this point. How 'on demand' is it? I said above 'well under ten seconds', the test I just ran said that should have been under five seconds. Five, probably less for most situations if that's the goal.

I did a cold start, with a roughly half filled bowl. I was mentally counting seconds and didn't make it past four. The load shifted up in the bowl as it normally does and the bottom of the load, facing the blast of hot air, gave near instant vapor and started darkening while the top looked fresh when I checked on it.

With care I think I can match this with MFLB but I can't think of any other vapes that can beat this guy for 'on demand'. Can anyone else? That alone should convince those looking for this feature to front up with the bucks and check it out?

FWIW a couple of other observations: I seem to be using about 300mAh per session. Meaning a theoretical 3 sessions per charge. But that doesn't really work that way since the first session is at a higher battery voltage. To get the same power (Volts times Amps) as the voltage decays you need to use more mA to compensate. In broad terms 400mAh as the voltage drops from 4 to 3 Volts? Plenty for a session or two, but IMO this guy calls for recharging after use and load change.

It also seems to me this thread is in the wrong group. This is a dry herb vape, not related or based on E-cigs like the vape pens for concentrates elsewhere in the group. IMO it belongs with the other portable vapes like say Grasshopper? I've sent a message to the Mods, hopefully the idea will be supported. There, I think, we'll get more exposure and more of our fellows will find out about the little fellow.

Regards to all.

OF

I think it is good for on demand use. I’ve actually been using it to microdose. I can only get 2-3 sessions before a re-charge too. I’m used to the Ambit, and this has a much smaller battery.

Yeah, the 20% off code would help with shipping.

OF

I think it is good for on demand use. I’ve actually been using it to microdose. I can only get 2-3 sessions before a re-charge too. I’m used to the Ambit, and this has a much smaller battery.

And remember, convection is a power hog. Big time. This too, long battery life, is yet another clue that the vape that claims convection is really conduction when you get into it. Generally you get a few to several times the loads for the same battery with conduction?

Running a 1300 or so degree heater to make 700F air to heat herb to 400F before exiting at that temperature is just not going to be as efficient. But then again, electricity is cheap......at least a very small price to pay? Just plan on more recharges. They could, of course, make the battery bigger........

One fun idea I've been thinking about is putting the battery beside the heater/bowl/MP so you get a much more compact (discrete) package. Some 'oil pens' are made this way, and are very easy to 'palm'.

Weekend regards to all. Very light rain here, helps with the 'shelter in place' thing at least. Still less than half historic rainfall this month (and we're nearly out of month), but every little bit helps And green is so much more pleasant to see than the alternative. The birds like it, they zip into the feeders between showers.

OF

Edit: Thanks for the confirmation on charge life.

OF

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
And remember, convection is a power hog. Big time. This too, long battery life, is yet another clue that the vape that claims convection is really conduction when you get into it. Generally you get a few to several times the loads for the same battery with conduction?

Running a 1300 or so degree heater to make 700F air to heat herb to 400F before exiting at that temperature is just not going to be as efficient. But then again, electricity is cheap......at least a very small price to pay? Just plan on more recharges. They could, of course, make the battery bigger........

One fun idea I've been thinking about is putting the battery beside the heater/bowl/MP so you get a much more compact (discrete) package. Some 'oil pens' are made this way, and are very easy to 'palm'.

Weekend regards to all. Very light rain here, helps with the 'shelter in place' thing at least. Still less than half historic rainfall this month (and we're nearly out of month), but every little bit helps And green is so much more pleasant to see than the alternative. The birds like it, they zip into the feeders between showers.

OF

Edit: Thanks for the confirmation on charge life.

OF

Yeah, I just charge it a lot. Depending on how much I use it, at least a couple times a day.

Be safe in this mess!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The problem is that these small Li-Ions tend usually to be closer to the 300 than the 500 cycles mark before they lose 20% capacity and have their IR raise so much they are more or less useless.

So at two pops a day the poor thing won't last much more than half a year. The price might be cheap but the environmental impact clearly is not, especially when people don't even recycle cells... I tend to be against things with non replaceable batteries these days, and the EU is going in that direction (cf. the recent bill proposals, mostly around cell phones for now)

For a backup unit or as a complement to a beefier vape it's probably fine. But like the FlowerMate CAP or its X-Vape equivalent, I wouldn't recommend those for daily driving.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This type of vape seems like a good "emergency spliff"

Me and MaxVapor had an idea to build a small concentrate vape about a year or so back as an alternative to prefilled carts, "emergency spliff" style, small battery and load capacity, but something tiny you could stow away somewhere for when you just need a hoot...

It's cool to see flower vape form factors really shrinking down. Personally I'm not a big fan of glowing heaters, but maybe they can sort that out in future releases.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The problem is that these small Li-Ions tend usually to be closer to the 300 than the 500 cycles mark before they lose 20% capacity and have their IR raise so much they are more or less useless.

So at two pops a day the poor thing won't last much more than half a year. The price might be cheap but the environmental impact clearly is not, especially when people don't even recycle cells... I tend to be against things with non replaceable batteries these days, and the EU is going in that direction (cf. the recent bill proposals, mostly around cell phones for now)

For a backup unit or as a complement to a beefier vape it's probably fine. But like the FlowerMate CAP or its X-Vape equivalent, I wouldn't recommend those for daily driving.

It’s definitely not my main device, but it does get daily use. My daily driver for ground flower is still the Ambit.

OF

Insightful comments, as usual, KZ. Thanks once again.

No doubt about it, that poor little cell is pushed very hard and will therefore die young. That can be offset some buy charging to less than full. I use a USB meter like this:
https://www.amazon.com/YOTINO-Volatage-Multimeter-Charger-Computer/dp/B078SQ9HRG/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2YTFNCDBN5QPS&keywords=usb+meter+tester&qid=1585415764&sprefix=usb+me,aps,235&sr=8-17

It not only shows the current recharging, but also the total mAh replaced (which is why I know how much capacity my sessions are using). If you watch the current and unplug when it starts to drop (at about 90%) you can DOUBLE the useful life, and save a lot of time. That last 20 minutes or so only gives you a small fraction of a session, you could be enjoying it instead?

I agree, for heavy everyday use it's not a great choice for most, but many either are looking for a supplemental vape as you suggest or are only occasional users? IMO it has a place.

The 'too many don't recycle' is of course valid, but a topic for a wider discussion? Just because a cell is easy to change doesn't mean the old one gets recycled. I suggest the same guy that cares enough to put the spent cell in for recycling will do so for the expired vape? And it's worth considering that replaceable cell features add to the cost (in some cases significantly) and introduce another (unfortunately common) source of failures. That said, I too like replaceable units, but understand why that doesn't always happen.

Thanks for the educated and thought provoking comments.

It's cool to see flower vape form factors really shrinking down. Personally I'm not a big fan of glowing heaters, but maybe they can sort that out in future releases.

They could hide it better or course, but by default true convection vapes will depend on such a very hot source. OTOH, a conduction vape this same size should give much longer battery life?

OF

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The more I have used this device the more I like it. Good hits easy to get, no learning curve or difficult to understand procedures. The bowl size works with my style as I tend to use WAY less flower than I used in the past as a combuster.
Could it be my DD and replace my favorite vapes, no, probably not. It doesn't have quite the necessary power or battery life necessary for that. But it absolutely can and will be added to my daily rotation and will fill some niches that have been unfilled so far like maintaining a buzz out of the house where a torch is inappropriate or inconvenient.
It would be nice if it had a greater battery capacity but that is a holy grail hard to satisfy that usually leads to compromises in size that this vape avoids. It is able to use the battery it has to great effect generating enough heat to make this a truly useful vape for many circumstances. Only time will tell how well the battery life is maintained. I am hopeful.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
For purposes of comparison, in what ways do you guys feel this device outshines the Ambit?
Are there any specs or expectations that fell short?

Curious about this guy... perhaps for an upcoming 4/20 purchase.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Vicki

Baron23

I too received a VLeaF GO to evaluate but I’m a bit late to the party with my observations. My attention has simply been elsewhere due to well…the obvious. I did not take and post any pictures as this has been well done by others already.

Also, Vivant gave me a discount code of “stephen20” but I see that others have also posted their discount codes already.

For more info, see Vivant’s site….it’s pretty informative.

https://www.vivant.com/products/vleafgo/

Who am I

I believe that some knowledge of the reviewer is germane to understanding the review and the reviewer’s perspective and values. I’m 67, first used cannabis over 50 years ago but it was not very prevalent for most of the middle of my life as I pursue career and family. Starting 12 years ago with a back injury and surgery, I began use cannabis for medical reasons (pain relief and sedation) and when my state’s program opened up, I became a bona fide medical patient. This is pretty key to my POV. I vape almost exclusively at night, at home, and with hard hitting desktops to kill pain and let me get some sleep. I like it fast and strong.

I am retired now but was a professional nitpicker! Haha For most of my career, I work as an engineer/project manager/program manager in aviation and technical products industries. The general approach was to pick all nits and get them on a list, then later prioritize which need to be fixed and which we and our customers could live with. So, this is my picked nits list (haha...not really too much to complain about).

What this vape is to me

My first impression was that this was intended to be a lower cost, full convection, budget, pocketable, fairly stealth vape and that this is the market niche the GO is aimed at.

This vape will be selling for $70 which is a very, very good price.

Now, I’m not wealthy but I am comfortably retired and if I want a vape bad enough, I have the means to purchase it. So, in general this is not a vape I would normally pursue personally because, as I have mentioned, I’m mostly an at home on a desktop at night vaporists.

But it does kind of remind me of my Healthy Rips Fury 2 as far as market placement. The GO is much less expensive but also does not have an LED display or single digit temp setting resolution.

What I liked

1. I do like the basic shape and that it is indeed pretty stealthy. That’s not a characteristic important to me, but I do know it is for many others.

2. I LOVE the little scooper on the end of the oven. It’s just a simple, great idea that nobody had before and it makes it very easy to scoop up a load out of a grinder or container.

3. I like that Vivant included a spare chamber and spare air cooler, mesh screen, and retaining ring. This is good.

4. I really like that the scoop assembly comes out and that it and the chamber can be easily cleaned or replaced. This also provides access to the embedded heater element which is also removable and replaceable. This access allows the heater to be blown out with compressed air or the like to remove dust and particulates. Not sure why you would need to replace the entire heating element assembly except in case of failure.

5. The vapor was surprisingly good. I had very modest expectations but I found it to be a pretty decent vapor producer. Not great, but pretty good. First draw was thin but that’s common and after than it was warmed up and the vapor was good. I’m not going to say “thick” as my basis for that is the FlowerPot/EVO/G43 type desktops. But rather good for an inexpensive, portable, full convection device. I was happy. Now, understand I ran it on Red constantly. Green and Yellow temps were just too cool for my tastes.

6. I like the extension on the cap to settle down or stir your load.

7. It’s fairly easy to use. In general, I hate “one button to bind them all” type designs. Drives me crazy. But, Vivant did a pretty good job. Five clicks for on/off, one to see batt level, two to cycle through temps.

8. I did not use session mode as I just don’t see this as a desirable mode for a full convection portable. Others, who want to put it through a WP, may value this feature. But again, to me this is an on-the-go stealthy portable and I personally would not view it as a vape engine for a water rig (as I do view the Grasshopper…when working haha)

9. I did use the on-demand mode and it worked well. Seemed to heat up fast with no real delay before I began my draw. I did not delay starting my draw any longer than it took to push the button and bring it to my mouth. I did not do any preheating. I did find that this vape, as is common with convection portables, does benefit from a long slow draw. Long and slow and the vapor is good.

10. While I have more short USB charging cables from vapes than I know what to do with, Vivant did include one and I liked that it was fabric coated and not the really crappy vinyl feeling insulators on the wire.

11. I did not find the mouthpiece to get too hot. Bit warm, but not hot. But then again I do hit a Grasshopper natively from time to time! Haha

What I did not like
1. The air cooler assembly (the silicon piece, the mesh screen, and the retaining ring). Look, I don’t mind a plastic mouthpiece. I know that there are all kinds of plastics and, unlike some of the more material focused FC members, I don’t mind good quality, proper plastic. The shell of the cap is not problem at all to me. But there is this silicon air cooler right above the oven and I suspect that many people are NOT going to like silicon in the air path. I have found that the air cooler in my unit is easily displaced (as it in ain’t hard for it to fall off of the plastic nipple from the cap on which it’s loosely press fitted) and it’s a pain in the butt to get it and the ring/mesh seated back in the cap shell. Twice so far I have opened the cap and found the retaining ring and mesh pulled off of the air cooler and stuck to the oven. I used a set of hemostats…but that or needle nose pliers are what’s needed to get it back in there and fully seated unless you have very small and nimble fingers. I just don’t like this design at all. The cap is fine. The air cooler is less than fit for purpose, IMO. I would like very much to see this design changed.

2. While I like the cap, I don’t believe it is secured well enough to be pocketable. I think you need something a bit more robust than an o-ring press fit. It will, IMO, fall off when in your pocket.

3. The temp LEDs are…well, kind of muddy colored. The yellow looks a lot reddish, the red is kind of dim, they are not nearly as good of colors as the batt indicator Green or Red for example. Small stuff but it’s a nit picking list.

4. I did not use the silicon mouth piece condom. As mentioned, the mouthpiece just didn’t get that hot and I’m very temperature sensitive. I’m really surprised that Vivant chose to put this in the kit. Hopper Labs received unending grief over their silicon condom along the lines of “why do I need a condom on my damn vape” and “its silicon, gets completely grungy, and I won’t soak silicon in ISO”. IMO, it’s not needed and it’s just waving a red flag at a bull. If it was me, I would dump it from the kit.

Other comments
1. Temperature – Vivant has listed the temps as “green means 600℉,yellow means 625F, red means 650℉. I have no idea what these temps represent but it certainly cannot be the air temp as it directly impacts the load or it would combust, no? I agree with @OF that temps in a full convection vape are meaningless without data on the airflow. With the Volcano, because they have a constant rate of air flow, they can indeed calculate air temp as it hits the oven…but airflow from direct in-breathing, no. So, take these numbers with a grain of salt. To me, Red (all I found usable for me) felt like about a 385F temp but who really knows.

2. The short bottle brush included in the accessories is a much wider diameter than the oven. Yes, this is a definitely a nit but what they need to include is one of the small bottle brushes that come with most other portables. This brush is not fit for purpose.

3. The manual says that to change temperature, just press the button twice. This is not really accurate. The first time you double press you get returned the current temp and it does not change temp on that action. You need to double press again to start cycling through the temps.

All in all, for $70, this is a good offering in my opinion. The only thing I absolutely would ask Vivant to change is that silicon air cooler assembly with ring and mesh. Its silicon in the air path and its not secured and stable enough, IMO.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FYI compressed air tends to have bitterants added to it so it is I'll advised to use it on a vape I've learned here...

Also, can anyone explain how you remove the heater tube? To swap chambers or clean the heating element?

OF

I am retired now but was a professional nitpicker!

Don't doubt it a bit, and a damn good one seems to me.

Excellent post, with way too much to take in in one pass. A couple of points stand out right off, but hopefully I can take another pass at it later.

Anyway, another excellent post. Thanks.

Now to my nitpicking......

7. It’s fairly easy to use. In general, I hate “one button to bind them all” type designs. Drives me crazy. But, Vivant did a pretty good job. Five clicks for on/off, one to see batt level, two to cycle through temps..

Me too. I'm also not big on Oled displays with fifteen pages to mess with, not to mention the shortcuts and hot keys. This one does have one critical issue to me (and a bunch of color blind guys like me): Everything depends on detecting red from green. There are about as many color blind men as there are left handed (roughly one in 8), it's not an uncommon handicap, but generally overlooked by good folks not so afflicted like you'd expect. And 'red/green' is by far the most common of the dozen or so types, a bit over half IIRC). So, every other left handed guy will have some trouble. This is why street lights in my state (and I believe most others) have that 'funny green' color and strict placement in the assembly. In honor of us red/green guys.......

Made all the worse for me as it looks like yellow is really red and green? It doesn't stand out and 'real' yellow LEDs do to my eye. I've suggested that future versions should include some sort flash coding since I suspect tooling costs for an improved display are prohibitively expense.

I see it as being workable, if not optimum.

3. The temp LEDs are…well, kind of muddy colored. The yellow looks a lot reddish, the red is kind of dim, they are not nearly as good of colors as the batt indicator Green or Red for example. Small stuff but it’s a nit picking list.

Agreed as I just said, 'it could use some work'. I fear much of it is driven by trying to make a cheap, useful unit. That means RGB LED chips I bet. No chance of sorting it out by angles/placement. Like I said, the r/g battery indicator is completely useless to me if I can't 'read' the colors? Keep the colors if you want but maybe add a flash? You know, four for full, 3 for plenty left, 2 for best use it faster, and one for you may be screwed if you try for a long session?

So, take these numbers with a grain of salt. To me, Red (all I found usable for me) felt like about a 385F temp but who really knows.

Hey, if even that much? They are useful because they are relative. You can adjust them to suit the results you want. I think cloud chaser rightly jump on red big time, while us sippers go for the green?

Your observation that it feels like 385F is likely spot on because it really is 385F (or what you perceive to be that number), no matter what the input air temperature is. Really. Consider the fire under the tea kettle when tea time comes. That fire is hot, really hot. Lots of hot gas going up. If it's an electric, it's probably glowing? But the water in the kettle stubbornly refuses to boil while you watch? It does get warmer and warmer as the heat is pored in. Finally it boils, 212F and no higher? As long as there's water there all the heat added to the system from below converts liquid water to steam, no heat is available to make the water hotter. Same thing happens in your ice tea, as long as there's solid water to melt (the ice part) the drink stays 32F, the phase change using all the available energy.

So, with true convection the flow of hot air doesn't matter past it's ability to heat the load. The more air, and the hotter, the more heat is brought into the oven. This raises the temperature, of course, but it (the hot air) leaves the oven (and makes it finally to you) basically at the load temperature? And when the load is at the magic temperature (for you) the game is on. It really is 385F, or whatever your experience tells you it is?

Fun stuff, thanks again for the post.

FYI compressed air tends to have bitterants added to it so it is I'll advised to use it on a vape I've learned here...

Also, can anyone explain how you remove the heater tube? To swap chambers or clean the heating element?

Good point. "Canned Air" isn't air, check the label. And good thing as real air in there would be good for only a second or two if at all. You need, of course, a Rocket Blaster:
https://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA19...keywords=Rocket+blaster&qid=1585425552&sr=8-4

Standard kit for real photographers (who constantly fight dust), you'll find them littering studios......

Alternatively you can use the old 'lab trick'. Slowly draw air in your mouth, notice how it dries out? Keep that draw up until it's well down into your throat, pause, then quickly puff out a bit to expel the 'dry' air in your mouth and throat. Not that in your lungs. Multiple puffs if you need to. What little hits the Zirconia should evaporate/burn off very fast, that on the 316 ribbon doesn't stand a chance.

Finally the 'scoop' part (under the cap) unscrew from the body. CCW looking down at it. A fraction of a turn to the stop then lift it out (against the seals below). It can be stiff the first time or two, mine was, but after that it works very well. The bowl is in the part you just unscrewed, the heater in the body which will 'rattle free' if you upend it and shake a bit. You'll find a door in one side of the heater,

Regards to all.

OF

Baron23

compressed air

Um, the stuff that comes out of my compressor is also "compressed air". What it isn't is "canned air" which indeed can have various additives that we would not want on our vape parts.

You are absolutely right, just wanted to point out that compressed air is a wider category than canned air.

As for removal of AL chamber, you twist off the "scoop assembly". When off, look to the bottom and you can see that there is a soft silicone retainer there holding in the chamber. Just push with something blunt from the top and the retainer and oven just come out of the bottom.

As far as removing the heating element assembly....I used some hemostats and just gripped one of the flat edges of the white plastic (??) housing and pulled upward and it easily came loose. I have not removed it all the way as I didn't want to break it this quickly (and I break stuff all of the time! haha) but it does appear to be that simple.

@OF - you are absolutely right...I completely overlooked color blindness as an issue with this vape.

I shot competitive skeet for decades until recently age and a bad back caused me to tail off. On my regular squad, my good friend Denny is color blind and he would reload Remington Nitro shells because they are gold colored while he could never find the Remington STS skeet shells ejected to the ground from his semi-auto because.....they are green.

It is absolutely something vape manf should be more aware.

Last edited:

OF

Um, the stuff that comes out of my compressor is also "compressed air". What it isn't is "canned air" which indeed can have various additives that we would not want on our vape parts.

You are absolutely right, just wanted to point out that compressed air is a wider category than canned air.

Good point. Again, I don't consider 'canned air' to be air at all. It's a chemical that changes from liquid to gas at some reasonable pressure (say 30 PSI?) at reasonable temperatures. Compressed air has pressure that constantly declines unless you have a regulator in there? Hopefully most of what's in there 'flashes off' but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

And to quibble a mite, not all compressed air is alike. The classical one I have uses pistons to compress air drawn in 'in real time'. Those pistons are sealed by oil in the sump. Some oil slips past the rings every time the piston goes down. And good thing, the 'reed valves' depend on the oil film to seal as well. There it either burnt in compression, or ends up in the air tank. Along with the water that condenses out. The smaller one at bench is an 'oil-less' one that uses a diaphragm to do the work and 'soft seat' valves that don't depend on the oil film. That air is quite clean, 'breathing air' quality in theory, and dryer than the air in the shop. One suitable to the job, the other with oil mixed in at no added cost.

I still use my humble Rocket Blaster. Or, if nobody is looking try a puff or two? I mean, I'm here and the bench is in the garage......

Regards to all.

OF

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I did not use the silicon mouth piece condom. As mentioned, the mouthpiece just didn’t get that hot and I’m very temperature sensitive. I’m really surprised that Vivant chose to put this in the kit.
Whether or not this was their intention, I have been using the condum to mate the device with glass. I know the mp will fit inside a 14mm female, I prefer using the rubber material to make the seal.

Baron23

Whether or not this was their intention, I have been using the condum to mate the device with glass. I know the mp will fit inside a 14mm female, I prefer using the rubber material to make the seal.
hahaha...yeah, that was my first thought when I saw it was that it was for sealing to a WP joint.

But when you read the instructions, Vivant says to take it off for use with a WP! hahaha

FC people do figure out the way to do things our way with vapes, don't we. LOL

I will give the condom a try with a WP, thanks for the tip.

Choices

@OF have question/request. What is the inner diameter of the oven? Namely will it properly hold a Fury2 or Solo glass stem? If so this could be an interesting combo...

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
In regards as how this unit compares to the Ambit, it really doesn’t. The Ambit is bigger, and will get you more sessions. The Ambit also has a bigger chamber.

I consider this Unit an accompaniment to my Ambit.

OF

@OF have question/request. What is the inner diameter of the oven? Namely will it properly hold a Fury2 or Solo glass stem? If so this could be an interesting combo...

I posted the ID and depth higher up. Way too small for a stem like that.

Sorry.

In regards as how this unit compares to the Ambit, it really doesn’t. The Ambit is bigger, and will get you more sessions. The Ambit also has a bigger chamber.

I consider this Unit an accompaniment to my Ambit.

I agree, even though I don't have an Ambit to compare to (I do have several F2s, which I believe are basically the same deal?).

This is an entirely different technology, I really don't think there's any details to really compare? Right again, Lady. A bit like comparing a bicycle to a pickup truck. They'll both convey you downtown, but after that it's a poor match?

OF

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I posted the ID and depth higher up. Way too small for a stem like that.

Sorry.

I agree, even though I don't have an Ambit to compare to (I do have several F2s, which I believe are basically the same deal?).

This is an entirely different technology, I really don't think there's any details to really compare? Right again, Lady. A bit like comparing a bicycle to a pickup truck. They'll both convey you downtown, but after that it's a poor match?

OF

OF

Firefly’s? I have an original Firefly, and I didn’t really like it.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I also have an issue where the lid/screen that prevents you from sucking material from the bowl directly into your mouth, will get stuck and fall off as I remove the top-cap to empty/look at the bowl. This can be a slight inconvenience as the metal is pretty hot directly after a session, and it's also quite a small piece, so it'd be hard to find if it was dropped.
Greetings @muunch

What do you think? Had same issue, decided to up my game.

(Please forgive the crumbs in the pic. Testing went well! :brow:)

IMG-20200326-223429.jpg

Top Bottom