Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Two days in, and there’s a lot to like with this entry level vape.

- I am extremely impressed with its on demand capabilities. At this price point, I am doubly impressed.
As others have already said, it just works out of the box. No waiting for a heat soak. You can get very decent clouds on first hit without any technique other than a long draw.

- It shows its price point a bit more with flavor (average) although I noticed no plastic-y or electronic-y taste, which is a nice surprise at this price.

- It’s a bit harsh on my throat - I am not coughing from it, but my throat is a little scratchy after using it.

- Through water (I had to use an adapter to get a better seal with my 14mm bubbler) I got some major clouds, even on green. Nice!

I think I like it more than the Ambit, but need more time to test.

Battery life and maintenance to be determined.

I will follow up when I get some more :science: done.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Just wanted to update my customer service experience. To recap my unit is not consistently turning on with 5 clicks. Vivant responded to my email with in 30 minutes. Her is what Vivant said...

“I am just not sure. They are so new that I have to see it. I've been using one for a few months now and I haven't had a single issue. I sent a prepaid mailing label to your email address so you can send it in. If there is anything at all wrong, I'll send a brand new one. If you don't see the label in your inbox, check your spam folder.”

Thanks Vivant! This was more than I was expecting considering the times were in and the cost of the vape. At the end of the day customer service is customer service. So good on you.

I am on the fence if I will send it in right away. It’s crazy outside and I am not going out at the moment. When it’s on this thing is enjoyable. It has a 2 year warranty so I’m not stressing.

Baron23

I guess I'll chime in again about the @DDave Mods screens to replace the SS ring/mesh that keeps falling off.

I continued to use my GO last night with the mod and it works perfectly and solves the problem.

I highly recommend this mod to current owners and that Vivant look to something like this approach for a revision to the MP.

https://www.ddavemods.com/store/c12/Vleaf_Go_Vaporizer.html

Also, Dave seems to sell the vape itself also and for the regular list price you also get his screen mod and a small bubbler.

Cheers

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave why not just put a screen over ur load in the bowl?
This vape has a small oven, meaning most likely one will load it on the go. (Pun intended).

IMHO, a loose screen would make the loading/reloading operation more difficult and would make it necessary for one to track that screen while "in an altered state of existence".

If I misunderstood the configuration you were proposing, let me know.

Well now, the planets must be in alignment. Just for shits and giggle (and because my OCD wouldn't not let me) I went back to Vivant's web site to make one last attempt. Not that I need two of these vapes but, like I said, OCD is a terrible thing LOL.

Anyway, for whatever reason, wasn't I surprised when I clicked "place order" and the order went through just fine this time. So, looks like I'll have TWO of these. One with the DDave mod and one without.

Feast or famine. LOL

Thanks again to all for the help and guidance and kudos to abracadaver for the super generous offer to help.

Peace

Baron23

@DDave why not just put a screen over ur load in the bowl?

This vape has a small oven, meaning most likely one will load it on the go. (Pun intended).

IMHO, a loose screen would make the loading/reloading operation more difficult and would make it necessary for one to track that screen while "in an altered state of existence".

If I misunderstood the configuration you were proposing, let me know.
Yeah, that would def be a move in the wrong direction. The whole reason to do the mod in the first place is to get rid of loose parts that fall into the oven when you open the vape.

Just putting a lose screen on top of the oven would be counter productive to that goal.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Beautiful day to get out and test this thing in the wild.

B4-F8-EAD1-1-F4-C-47-D4-8105-5640-AE63-C2-DD.jpg

OF

Gentle Friends,

Some thoughts on battery life and recharging anyone?

First off, the battery is very limited by the size of course. And the cost to a secondary concern. IMO the maker used an 'enough for most people' approach and I think most of us would not want a larger or more expensive vape for a sessions we don't often need?

In numbers, it's rated at 900mAh, and mine tests at exactly that (something that doesn't always happen....). While I can still use 350mAh on a leisurely 'sipping session' in the garden, keeping mindful of power use (like taking hits a couple at a time, without letting it cool too much) lessens the number of 'cold starts' and makes it easy to stay under 300. Three such sessions per charge is realistic. Each exhausting the load and therefore calling for for service anyway.

Then, if instead I use my bubbler and take fewer, but larger hits 200mAh per is easy. Four such sessions means under 800mAh recharge (I can measure total recharge current). Four is better than 3?

Enter the Power Bank. IMO a superior way to extend the fun to a second Go in the other pocket. I recently bought a couple of likely candidates from Amazon, this one being my pick I think:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZCZSH9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This decision is based in the end on size. It's truly bitty. The size of a credit card, and as think as five quarters. It could easily fit in many wallets? The ratings are fairly close to accurate, it charges 2900mAh (not 3000) and delivers 1900mAh back again. This is due to the charge being stored at an average 3.6 Volts but having to be boosted up to 5.1 to charge the vape (or cell phone....). So that means twice as many more sessions available in the field, nine additional ones in the run I just took. Over a dozen sessions before I had to recharge both the vape and bank again. IMO a great plenty.

You can carry a short cable, I have some at four inches, or use an adapter for 'bare minimum' like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TAM0MZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First runner up in my modest survey goes to this guy, a bit larger (about the same size and shape as the Go):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081C7G4QN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheaper (always welcome....) but a bit more optimistic about it's abilities (again, pretty common to stretch the numbers). It charges 3540mAh at much slower than claimed (.5 Amps) but it 'gets there' and fully charged can return 2500mAh for even more use. Like a dozen more sessions? Two or even 3 complete recharges? Not bad for ten bucks, available when you want it.

Best wishes to all. Please keep this isolation and 'social distancing' thing going. The latest 'hot spot' (another nursing hospital for 'critical recovery') involves a couple dozen people (staff and customers) and is a mile and a half down the road to town. Good time to stay home, isolated, and enjoying your vapes.

OF

Edit: I forgot to mention Go recharges fast relative to it's capacity. 6 to 700mA, so it can 'make up. the nominal 200mAh I'm using in about 20 minutes. Even if I let it 'go flat' and cutoff, the Go can recharge fully in under two hours from the Power Bank.

OF

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@OF running it around the farm today gave me 3 bowls running it in session mode. I think that confirms what your tests were concluding. Nice write up. I love that you took the time to do that. Thank you. I’m not going to claim that I understood all of what you said but I do know I wish I’d had a power bank at the end of the day.

Top Bottom