1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vivant Dabox

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by duff, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Svenson1980

Svenson1980 New Member

@JCharles I most definitely will check out their instagram account!

I've just heard that the only real problem is the silicone screen that gets clogged. Have there been any incidents with leakage since other concentrate devices like the Yocan evolve carry coil caps that prevent that?

2. JCharles

JCharles ACMPR registered 26/07/2017

The screen getting clogged is a pain in the nuts but easy enough to fix, or change out (they include an extra screen, and 3 pack replacements are cheap). If you don't stuff a huge glob on the coils and draw at a reasonable rate (you'll get the hang of it, there is a bit of a learning curve) the screen should stay mostly free.

If it gets clogged and I'm being lazy a heavy draw is sometimes enough to pull some of the concentrate out of the holes. I do find it much easier to unclog if its a little warm from firing the coils prior.

The short and long Milaana mouth piece can be used upside down instead of the OEM DAbOX mouth piece. I think with the long stem, you could easily use the DAbOX without the screen - It's 12cm long so lots of clearance for splatter - and it would be an 18mm male joint that you could use as a water pipe adapter.

Im going to try the DAbOX through water early next week when some parts arrive. I'll keep everyone posted if successful!!

Svenson1980 and Gigsabits53 like this.
  3. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I have no access to any concentrates at this time.

However, I have grinder hash. Has anyone used the Dabox with kief??

4. JCharles

It's not going to do anything for kief. Sorry

grokit likes this.
  5. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

FYI, PIU no longer deals with Vivant. That is all I know, PIU stopped dealing with Vivant.

KeroZen and JCharles like this.
  6. JCharles

Vivant and purplegreen like this.
  7. stark1

stark1 ~

HI, @Vivant!

Looks like the replacement coils for the Dabox need an adapter to attach to the clip-on terminal;
    the screw threads do not work with the bayonet mount.

Do you sell the adapter for the replacement coils--the Dabox is a brick otherwise.....

The replacements should not need to have to be adapted. :bang::D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    JCharles and Vivant like this.
  8. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

The adapter is in the unit, so you should be able to get replacement coils and use the adapter it came with.

stark1, JCharles and Vivant like this.
  9. Vivant

Vivant Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hello @stark1 , sorry for the inconvenience you are going through. The reason we originally produced the coils with an adapter part was in hopes that this could allow for interchangeability with future products but as we have seen a few incidents of our customers expressing it as an inconvenience, we decided to go back to a singular coil format with all future production pieces. We published a press release on October 12th in regards to this issue and here is the link: https://vivant.store/blogs/press/new-coils-for-dabox for your convenience :)
    If you received the first type of coils and need an adapter, please DM or email us at support@vivant.com so we could do our best to resolve this for you as we have removed the coil adapter listing on our website to prevent anyone from ordering it with no use for it.
    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions, Thank you! - Ivan

Hey @stickstones thank you for the recommendation! :) - Ivan

JCharles likes this.
  10. JCharles

After many silicone screen clogs I have started to use my DAbOX without and it's a fantastic experience.

There is an increased risk of pulling hot cannabis concentrates into the mouth but I have not experienced it yet.

The flavour is much better and the vapor is smooth.

If you've been fighting a screen that seems perpetually clogged try it without and report bacl

stickstones likes this.
  11. stark1

stark1 ~

Popped into the LHS (NoHo, Ma) to see if they stock replacement adapters for the OG coils.

Not only did they carry them, seems a @Vivant rep had dropped by with some adapters
    saying that they are to be given to owners of OG DaBox who needed one, so I
    Lucked out.

How awesome of you, @Vivant! :tup:

JCharles likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors