Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been watching this thread for over a year now waiting for a new improved version and all that has been addressed is the mouthpiece, maybe people should stop buying it to let Vivant know it needs fixing. They won't change anything if people keep buying it.:myday:

mash

I have 3 of them...other then the crack above the battery on one of them....all of them have been great....using both the lastest version of the mouthpiece and the one prior without any issues.

That being said....I haven't used it as much as I use to .....basically I bought the arizer family of vapes and I just love the taste they offer

frankthetank420

I know what you mean. My first Alternate lasted over a year and a half with just some minor cracks on top, though the original mouthpieces needed to be replaced often. My second unit did pretty well, making it almost a year before getting the error code 1. This new one barely made it a week or so. This makes me think they may be cutting corners in some way now. My partner also has one of the new ones and its working fine, so I will keep an eye on it and see if it has the same issue.

frankthetank420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jojo_Vivant

Company Rep
Company Rep
So I ended up purchasing a new Vivant Alternate to replace the unit that was having the Trouble Code 1. The new unit has been functioning for maybe a week or so, and is now also showing a "Trouble Code 1" error and won't function either. I'm honestly shocked that this unit worked for such a short amount of time, is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Hi @frankthetank420 Can you please open the battery cap to see if there's a 6 digit number on the device.
I've PM you more info as well.

Jojo_Vivant,

Stinky

@Stinky just buy a external battery charger, that should solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip.
Hi @Stinky, when did this happen after the purchase? Please send your problem to info@vivant.com to see if you are still in our warranty.

This happened after one month of use. Thanks for the offer but I'll just go with the suggestion above. Does @Vivant have any plans to upgrade the material on the body or release a V2 Alternate?

Also does anyone know what the other product names are that the Alternate is being sold as?

Maryanna

Does anybody still use the Vivant Alternate?

I've been using it for 3 years now, my V2 top cap which did not crack (I've been lucky).

But right now it's not working properly anymore. I got a trouble code 4 or 5 twice (I forgot which one) but I've checked immediately and it should be a problem with the TC sensor.
In fact sometimes it messes up with temperature, it goes all the way up and gets really hot while temperature number changes randomly. Within a second it may change from 230F to 400 F and then back to 300F. And when this happens it heats up because TC sensor does not work and it can go up to 470F which is insane and I get a temperature protection message.

But sometimes it still works, don't know if I can fix it. Any suggestions? Is it possible to replace the sensor?

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still use it, but only about once a week due to other vapes in rotation. I still have the original top and mouthpiece on it.
I have not heard of any news, changes, updates or features in quite a while.

Vitolo,

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I still use it, but only about once a week due to other vapes in rotation. I still have the original top and mouthpiece on it.
I have not heard of any news, changes, updates or features in quite a while.
How do you like it? Does it kick out decent vapor atleast?

Corvoed,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes, it always made decent vapor and it still does.
@stickstones once made a comment about "the reach test".
When you reach naturally for one vape more than others, it is no coincidence.... little subconscious thoughts are at work.. right down to ease of cleaning.
I do notice it on the shelf and use it in the way I described.. about once a week. I "reach" for an Iolite more often.
With new vapes coming out, the Alternate has not fallen out of favor...... but it has, I fear... fallen "out of reach".

Last edited:

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Yes, it always made decent vapor and it still does.
@stickstones once made a comment about "the reach test".
When you reach naturally for one vape more than others, it is no coincidence.... little subconscious thoughts are at work.. right down to ease of cleaning.
I do notice it own the shelf and use it in the way I described.. about once a week. I "reach" for an Iolite more often.
With new vapes coming out, the Alternate has not fallen out of favor...... but it has, I fear... fallen "out of reach".
Oh okay , that sounds promising! As far as the reach test, only reason I want the alternate is so I can have a crafty-like device with a removable battery that I can take on the go. I'm pretty much looking for every reason to buy it because it fits my requirements so well. I just don't want the thing to melt on me haha. For 120 bucks, it's so cheap, I want to get it so bad. Just wish I could know if Vivant has addressed any of the known issues

Vitolo

Vaporist
They have publicly said that they have here on FC, however, the thread seems to have lost momentum.
"Reach" test?
EDIT^
Just a comment.
As I said, I still do use it!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Corvoed

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
They have publicly said that they have here on FC, however, the thread seems to have lost momentum.
"Reach" test?
EDIT^
Just a comment.
As I said, I still do use it!
Oh sorry, I'm still quite new to this site so I wasn't sure where to check for their updates. To save me the humility of failing trying to find it, do you think you could give me a quick synopsis on what they have said as far as fixing the issues?

Corvoed,

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Thanks so much for that friend, I really appreciate it. Considering the fact you have like 100+ vapes and still occasionally reach for the alternate must mean that it's a pretty alright device. I think it might be time for me to pull the trigger

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Hey guys, I contacted Vivant about the Alternate, mainly asking about problems with melted mouthpieces and cracked plastic, as well errors that some people get, and they responded. I thought anyone that is on this thread would like to see what they said:

"Hi, thanks for your support. We have fixed the problems already and update the newest top cap V3. Wish you could like our Alternate as well after you try it. Looking forward to your review on both vleaf go and alternate. Thank you!"

Personally, I wish they went a bit further in depth, but they state they have fixed the more common problems.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would say go for it! I know it is not the cheapest option around but from what I have seen it is a great value vape, just do not try to use it for 30 odd bowls a day (daily driver type set up) and it should last for years, I will get one eventually when I can find it in Oz for a less than stooooopid price.

LesPlenty,

Choices

Hey guys, I contacted Vivant about the Alternate, mainly asking about problems with melted mouthpieces and cracked plastic, as well errors that some people get, and they responded. I thought anyone that is on this thread would like to see what they said:

"Hi, thanks for your support. We have fixed the problems already and update the newest top cap V3. Wish you could like our Alternate as well after you try it. Looking forward to your review on both vleaf go and alternate. Thank you!"

Personally, I wish they went a bit further in depth, but they state they have fixed the more common problems.
Not sure how much looking you’ve done but I see this available for $75, $80 out the door at Gypsy Vapes. Company name doesn’t exactly inspire feelings of exemplary customer service but what the heck I think it is legit. BTW I have the Alternate and while I don’t use it all that often I have no compelling desire to get rid of it plus I bought a glass third party WPA for it that pretty much eliminates the mouthpiece concerns.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I would say go for it! I know it is not the cheapest option around but from what I have seen it is a great value vape, just do not try to use it for 30 odd bowls a day (daily driver type set up) and it should last for years, I will get one eventually when I can find it in Oz for a less than stooooopid price.
I was suuuuper close to picking one up, and honestly for how cheap they are, I still very well might one day (especially if they come out with a v2, i'll be all over that most likely). But I ended up choosing the xmax fog since puffitup is having a good deal on it, I think it was a decent choice. Seeing countless threads about the alternate's problems kinda dissuaded me in the end.

Corvoed,
Top Bottom