1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vivant Alternate

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by blackbur, Jan 25, 2017.

1. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

excellent , thanks!! will order in the morning...
    Final questions

whats the latest regarding caps?
    anyone found a way to use hash in this?

2. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Convection Enthusiast

I just had a v2 cap crack after ~10 sessions. You can use hash mixed with weed, or wrapped in hemp fiber/cotton. Might works sitting right on top of the concentrate pad too, not sure.

BigJr48 likes this.
  3. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

cool, will look at the crafty cap mod, cant wait for this.

I currently use a Goboof Alfa, how do you think this will compare?

4. Cheesequake

I've never used an Alfa but compared to any straight conduction unit I've used the Alternate is much much tastier, free flowing, and gives much more dense hits. Crafty mouthpiece mod is totally worth the effort. After a few burn offs and the Crafty mod this thing is my second favorite vape only to the Milaana.

OyVape and mash like this.
  5. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

Need to now find which page details the crafty cap mod, I see various diy attempts on this thread, but not a clear instruction. Appreciate any guidance.

Funk

mash and djchexxx like this.
  6. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

I'm ready to push the button on this. Torn between this with crafty mod vs a discounted xmax starry ? Looking through upgrade from my Alfa Goboof . Thanks

mash and BigJr48 like this.
  7. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Read the Starry forum before making any decisions.

mash likes this.
  8. Vape Dr.

Vape Dr. Well-Known Member

Here's pics and a video of the 18mm WPA I made from the stock alternate top.
    Things a beast!:evil:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click to play YouTube Video

Prolusio, squigger, CHIDOY and 7 others like this.
  9. djchexxx

djchexxx Well-Known Member

Jesus that thing rips!

10. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

What he said.

CHIDOY likes this.
  11. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

There's the answer to everyone's problem with this unit!!!
    @Vape Dr. Great job!!!

Vape Dr. likes this.
  12. BaroneBarra

BaroneBarra Well-Known Member

Ok Doctor, this is great: the milking is just insane compared to my experience with my Alternate.

I would LOVE to turn my 1st gen mouthpiece into something like this.

On a scale from 0 to 10, how hard would you say it is to make it?
    I'm sure I have all the tools needed at my parents' place (dad is a proper handyman), minus the glass piece of course (btw, where does one purchase such a thing? Dhgate?). Unfortunately I have the dexterity of a hippo wearing mittens.

Vape Dr. and BigJr48 like this.
  13. xlr8shun

xlr8shun Well-Known Member

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vivant-alternate.23668/page-7#post-1088846

he's mentioned how to do it in a previous post in this thread, honestly wouldnt consider it hard, but i'd take off the mittens before i did it ;)

edit: and i been trying to think where i seen the 14mm straight tube adapters at.. duh its the MP to my milaana.. (in 18mm). so i went to look at @DDave 's site and sure enough he has a 14mm and 18mm male mp available. @cannabis.pro has 18mm milaana stems and so does @RastaBuddhaTao at their stores

they look to be a little longer than 2" that @Vape Dr. used, however it should work. your ground glass part would just sit a bit higher than what is shown in the previous pics

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Vape Dr. and BaroneBarra like this.
  14. mash

mash Well-Known Member

Dhgate will send you a new one.... and won't charge for shipping..... It may be a bit of a wait..... depending where you live I suppose....

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. Vivant

Vivant Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hello all,

I wanted to make sure you guys know that we don't currently have an official ETA on the "V3" top caps. I gave a personal estimate earlier that the molds can take 3-4 weeks to make on their own, but more goes into the process, like investigation, design, production, etc. than just that.

I just learned this morning that these moldings started being made at the beginning of last week, so I can personally guess that we should see these top caps being given out in mid- to late August. I assume when we get the new "V3" top caps, we'll be going through the same process as we did with the current ones, where we gave them out to our customers upon email request.

In the meantime, though it might not be a permanent fix, we'll begin to roll out a sort of "V2.5" top cap as a holdover which is the same as the current one, made of PAES, but without the stainless steel metal ring. These will be used as warranty replacements until the redesigned top caps are ready.

Thank you all for your understanding and discussion. :)

-Gwen

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Prolusio, DarkSm0ke, CHIDOY and 9 others like this.
  16. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

OK it arrived, well impressed !
    It does taste a little funky, how long do you burn this off for?

I have also tried the crafty mod, Ive noticed that air flow is reduced, harder draw... anyone else noticed this?

17. Cheesequake

Reduced airflow because the crafty MP actually makes a good seal.

Mine tasted funny for probably 6 or 7 burnoffs before it started to taste normal. Now there is no detectable off taste or smell.

djchexxx and BigJr48 like this.
  18. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

Thanks for your response, so with the crafty mod, are you finding better vape production? not able to test fully at the moment ;)

I also get "device is too hot" sometimes when trying to heat?

BigJr48 likes this.
  19. Cheesequake

Sounds like you may have a faulty device. I've done back to back sessions at max temp and never received that message.

As for vapor production it is better with my Crafty mp maybe only because the original is cracked, but it is better for sure.

BigJr48 likes this.
  20. Thebigsmoke

Thebigsmoke New Member

Hello Gwen thanks for the info I bought my alternate last Thursday and my third replacement mouthpiece arrived today and has developed three cracks already will this 2.5 mouthpiece hold up any better to heat when the steel ring is removed as I'm about to ask for a refund on the unit. I love it's performance and features however 3 cracked mouthpiece in just over a week is unacceptable

sickmanfraud and BigJr48 like this.
  21. sunnyx12x21x

sunnyx12x21x New Member

Hey Guy ,
    Can I be Clear with this what i have observed yet from this forum !
    v1 get melted , but it seems like people were still abe to use it . Correct me if am wrong
    v2 get crack , become somehow not usable ?? is that true.

Peoples with crack and/or meted topcap.. IS it possible that vivaiant alternate didt withstand normal use cause to it, it was abuse. Means it was suppose to have only 60 second turn off. So as soon peoples start upgrading and now using it 2-5 min vape section,, this become abuse for alternate as it was for 60 sec section
    Just a theory...

Can anybody tell me from where can i buy crafty cooling unit at very low shipping price ?? like they post through "Post" . yeah sure tracking sytem be bad , will have to wait atleast 1month.

22. Maryanna

Maryanna New Member

DHGate sent me the V2 cooling unit and it works fine. Vapor also feels cooler than the previous unit.
    I've used the alternate with its new CU for like 10-15 sessions between 380-415 F and I'm not having any issues. Definitely feels more solid.
    I do also think that we should not worry about health issues. If V2 cracks, generally it's the external part because of the temperature it reaches. And this time it does not melt, so I don't think we could inhale something harmful for our health.
    I've also bought a Crafty CU, I think next week I'm going to adapt it and I'll give it a try

Vitolo and Meach like this.
  23. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

Ok I have done 9 5 minute burn offs, at 220 c, this thing still reeks of burning plastic... is this faulty? What should I do?

24. Thebigsmoke

Thebigsmoke New Member

Hi mine was the same I look the mouthpiece of and left the unit outside to air out for a few hours and it took away most of it. You will just have to inhale the robot fart after the first oven the smell and taste were completely gone

OyVape likes this.
  25. mrfunk

mrfunk New Member

So just grow a pair, use it, it should go? Did you hear it as you aired it ? Was thinking of blowing air through it, it stinks and tastes so bad. Was hoping it would of gone by now, I've now done 5 cycles of the battery, no herb, it still smells

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors