Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

DarkSm0ke

No, I don't think so.

There's one simple reason why I say that, and it's health risks.

I get that, if someone has 10 vapes to choose from, consumes herbs recreationally and has 120$ to throw down the toilet, they might not care about this all. You just wait for the company to make it right, one week or 2 months doesn't really matter.

On the other hand, I guess we all know there are people who vape because of pain relief, because of an illness, etc. Maybe those same people relied on this vape to give them the benefits they need.

I imagine a lot of people that bought this vape are not active on FC, nor on Reddit. Is Vivant sending them letters saying "ok so we had some melting of plastic, please be careful", "your vape might be unsafe, don't use it until we send you a replacement", "we don't know yet, but to be sure don't go above XXX°C"? What if between them there are people with respiratory problems? What if they don't realize their mouthpiece is melting and they're continuing to inhale plastic for the last few months?

Sorry for the long post, I don't respond well to others telling me to chill :)

:peace:

Wow! I stand corrected @BaroneBarra . Please Do not chill out or take a step back. Let's all aggressively attack this company because their main purpose is to get stoners in the world sick by ingeniously dosing our meds with plastic fumes. Jesus man, if you use a vape that smells funky or is melting then stop. Are we going to have to get stupid labels like "do not operate blow dryer while sleeping or taking a shower" for vapes too? I can't imagine someone just randomly buying a vape without any research, and then using it and not stopping if there is an issue with it. I think that person would have won the Darwin award a long time ago by using a blow dryer in the shower or something equally lacking common sense. I apologize to you if I am just asking people to slow down and look at the big picture. No one is forcing you to use Vivant Alternate. This thread is becoming very hateful and incendiary by a few posters. It's so easy to attack people when we sit behind computer screens, can't we just move on? We will get answers from @Vivant eventually whether we like what we will hear will be another story. I am going to wait patiently and see what comes about. In the mean time don't attack me for asking for a little patience.

DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: gienkollo
30 minutes of usage of the Alternate at temps of 375-428 F, in 1-3 minute sessions. I don't see the slightest hint of melting or cracking plastic. Makes me wonder what some you guys are doing to make this thing melt and crack. :shrug:

bobo305

okay boys, the silence from Vivant is deafening. been lurking ready to bounce on this unit for obvious reasons, seemed like it had great potential......NOT! speaking for myself, I would never mod one of these units. shouldn't, and wouldn't go into different gyrations to make it work safely and properly....THAT'S THE MANUFACTURERS job. screw them...plenty of other great units to choose from, I don't want to support these fools.

bobo305,

BaroneBarra

@DarkSm0ke again, if you're telling me to chill because you think I'm agitated, rest assured there's no need. I'm your typical stoner, no one's more chill than me :)

If your definition of "chill out" is "being silent" tho, I respectfully disagree. Not when there are health concerns.

Jesus man, if you use a vape that smells funky or is melting then stop. Are we going to have to get stupid labels like "do not operate blow dryer while sleeping or taking a shower" for vapes too? I can't imagine someone just randomly buying a vape without any research, and then using it and not stopping if there is an issue with it. I think that person would have won the Darwin award a long time ago by using a blow dryer in the shower or something equally lacking common sense.

Now this is an interesting argument. Let me first specify that I work with safety regulations in the EU, and I don't know a lot about the laws there in the US.
But we need to realise that your example is a little misleading.
One thing is to put "don't drink, smoke or light it on fire" on the cleaning products you use for your floors. Those are misuses, and if you do one of those things, the company can't be held accountable.
If you make a vape tho, which only use is to inhale air through it, you need to be sure that, given that the user operates the product as foreseen by you, it's safe to inhale air through it.

I'll just add that this was my first vape. I consider myself someone informed and careful, but when I started using the Alternate I wasn't sure of the smell. I mean, maybe something new is supposed to smell a bit like plastic, I'll have a few more bowls through it to decide.
After a few days, I got used to the smell. Again, with no comparison available (never tried other vapes), it was hard to tell if something was off or not.
And my sense of taste is probably not the best, if I had to wait for my friends to use it (and tell me something along the line of "this tastes like the smell of new cars") to realise that's probably best if I stop.
Then I came here and found out about all the other complains.
Let me tell you, if I were a bit older, less tech-savvy and with no close friends to give me an opinion on it, I'd be probably still using my Alternate. Instead, and because I have the money to get me a new one, it's collecting dust.

Is it safe? Is it not? That is the question. It's rather important that Vivant give everyone a definitive answer, and no one should back down on health concerns.

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
YDW4B27.gif
YDW4B27.gif
YDW4B27.gif
YDW4B27.gif

This thread is between a rock and a hard place. We have happy customers who are sick of the same complaints being posted, and unsatisfied customers who want to discuss their problems with the product and company.

Unfortunately there's no way to please everyone in a situation like this. What I hope we can do is be empathetic and take extra care in being respectful to each other. I know this is frustrating, so your cooperation is very much appreciated. We're all on the same team here so please don't start getting into personal attacks.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a definitive answer from any vaporizer company on whether their product is "safe" to use. In this space, caveat emptor is something to live by.

Please also be mindful of our forum rules regarding attacking companies. If you can't say what you want without being respectful take a break until you can.

Be Nice

Last edited:

bobo305

we hold the power to make or break companies that are either unresponsive or ignore obvious issues, especially safety concerns. yes, be nice, but also let's collectively use our power to refuse to spend our hard earned cash on products from companies that do not respond or correct said problems.

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Just wanted to drop a pic for historical purposes. Guess I should add, not sure how, as it didn't pop up with this post :doh: Also wanted to say that I appreciate having FC forums as a venue to find new information, discover any issues and generally converse about our common interest! Have a great day, All.

D

Baked-not-fried,

DarkSm0ke

I saw this on reddit, it was posted earlier this week:

"MMJVape 420vapezone.com 3 points 2 days ago

For what it's worth, they sent me sample mouthpieces to test 2 weeks ago and they needed results at the end of last week so they could get the ball rolling. I thought about sacrificing a crafty cooling unit, but chickened out."

This is from yesterday the same poster:

"MMJVape 420vapezone.com 1 point 1 day ago

They gave me two new cooling units of different materials and asked that I push them through the same testing I had done to demonstrate their melting mouthpiece (3 straight sessions @428F with concentrate pad, about 6 dabs worth in 15 minutes). Both of the test cooling units held up flawlessly and I beat the shit out of them with heat and alcohol."

I don't know if he is on here at FC, and I can't verify all this is correct, but it appears @Vivant has some new cooling units being tested by at least one user and the units seem to be holding up to heat.

I am only posting this share info. I can't vouch for any of it. Here is the post link :

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/66vmkz/vivant_alternate_crafty_cooling_unit_mod/

The original poster was @dtaxx informing vaporents about his crafty mod :)

mash

A lot more sanding that i was expecting too get craftenate, im busy all evening, i wish i had a dremel tool

So it's sanding the ring that's taking so much time? Are the tabs the right thickness? they just have to be shortened?

sorry for the questions.... just have a crafty CU coming soon and plan on doing the mod

mash

So... as a novice to all this.... I went thru a few burn offs.... and I dont smell the dreaded robot fart.... so thats good :)

it feels good in the hands... I can feel the top getting a bit warm.... but not really hot...

All seems good.... going to go thru a few sessions soon....

I think im going to really like this thing.....

just a dumb question... I see a mesh in the bowl... can that be removed and cleaned? does it unscrew? of is that the way it is?

Thanks all

Vitolo

Vaporist
So... as a novice to all this.... I went thru a few burn offs.... and I dont smell the dreaded robot fart.... so thats good :)

it feels good in the hands... I can feel the top getting a bit warm.... but not really hot...

All seems good.... going to go thru a few sessions soon....

I think im going to really like this thing.....

just a dumb question... I see a mesh in the bowl... can that be removed and cleaned? does it unscrew? of is that the way it is?

Thanks all
It can easily be removed and cleaned

PsySijk

Another crafty mod here, only had medium grit sandpaper so it took me a good 2 hours of sanding. Fits nice and tight, perhaps too tight and is ever so slightly off center when attached to the vape. But function is fine vaped two bowls through it and autocorrect is likely the only reason this paragraph is legible.

Vitolo

Vaporist
so do I just pick out the mesh screen
Yes.
Or does the top screw off where I see the green silicone ring?
No.
This is the most straightforward of all convection portables I have used.
I was never able to see or smell or witness the "cracking', "melting", or "disfiguration" of any part of this vaporizer.
I am not unsympathetic to those with complaints, but I have tortured this unit as my main vape for almost two weeks... a dozen sessions a day... and at way above the 377º that i use as my standard.
I am sorry for anyone that has encountered issues...
...but I love this vape!

gienkollo

So it's sanding the ring that's taking so much time? Are the tabs the right thickness? they just have to be shortened?
I started with that ring because i think it's should be grinded first to fit proper, those tabs i'm sanding too i cut off only maybe 5 mm on each side but its look like these tabs are to high and need to be sanded as well, i assume its better slower sanding and succeed with fitting this together step by step, than cut off too much.
I'll try to provide some photos after work.

ohmygodimsohigh

I saw this on reddit, it was posted earlier this week:

"MMJVape 420vapezone.com 3 points 2 days ago

For what it's worth, they sent me sample mouthpieces to test 2 weeks ago and they needed results at the end of last week so they could get the ball rolling. I thought about sacrificing a crafty cooling unit, but chickened out."

This is from yesterday the same poster:

"MMJVape 420vapezone.com 1 point 1 day ago

They gave me two new cooling units of different materials and asked that I push them through the same testing I had done to demonstrate their melting mouthpiece (3 straight sessions @428F with concentrate pad, about 6 dabs worth in 15 minutes). Both of the test cooling units held up flawlessly and I beat the shit out of them with heat and alcohol."

I don't know if he is on here at FC, and I can't verify all this is correct, but it appears @Vivant has some new cooling units being tested by at least one user and the units seem to be holding up to heat.

I am only posting this share info. I can't vouch for any of it. Here is the post link :

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/66vmkz/vivant_alternate_crafty_cooling_unit_mod/

The original poster was @dtaxx informing vaporents about his crafty mod :)

Thanks, I should have shared the same info here. I've been crazy sick the last few weeks :(

DarkSm0ke

Thanks, I should have shared the same info here. I've been crazy sick the last few weeks :(

Oh Damn, hope you feel better, chicken noodle soup bro, guaranteed to fix you up.

Okay I didn't know that MMJVAPE was you on Reddit. Alright cool, so I know this is all legit! Like your videos man, keep up the good work informative and funny.

I got my Alternate on Monday, had the robot fart smell out of the box but I noticed smell was coming from glue that kept the packing foam together. My unit itself did not really smell. I separated the cooling unit form the base and left them out on the counter since Monday night. This morning no smell in unit and a slight smell in the cooling unit mouthpiece. I took the cooling unit apart to further "air out". If it still smells then I am going to wash in some warm soapy water.

@ohmygodimsohigh on the new cooling units you beta tested, you mentioned there were no issues? Also could you tell if they were made with a different plastic? It would be nice if @Vivant made the second generation cooling units with a different colored mouthpiece (stem) everyone would know it was from the new batch.

Last edited:

Stinky

I received my replacement mouth pieces yesterday. They look exactly the same except have the number 2 on the underside of the cooling unit. My original cooling unit has the number 1.

Top Bottom