Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

mash

Is it all possible that the majority of problem vivantes were ordered from Heaven Gifts? I don't know why that would make a difference but I continue to have no problems and never had a strong plastic scent.

Im a novice with all this and had my ordered cancelled with Heaven Gifts.....but IMHO .....I think the units Heaven Gifts sell and the ones Vivant authorized dealers sell are the same units.

I think it was a bad batch that affected all the sellers of this unit. PIU has had units that melted...etc.

It will get fixed....its on back order at Heaven gifts now...probably dealing with the issue just like Vivant is.....

I cant wait to get one still....

Meach

I'm glad I decided to wait on this unit..IL confident it will be an amazing device once this issue is resolved..just bummed it wasn't resolved in time for the 4/20

@guyonthecouch Anything bought from PIU they handle things for you...u got an issue they send u a shipping label you send in and you get your replacement very timely..all in all within 10 days you got a new vape in hand from them if it's a warranty issue. Price of a vivant online for is what about $55-65 ..PIU after standard discount is $110 so IMHO the extra $ to not have to come out of pocket for return shipping and waiting 2 months for a return from overseas is worth while...sure u can order 2 for the price of one if you buy direct..but at the end of the day I'll happily support a US based biz that focuses on keeping it's customers happy instead of saving $40 one time..but to each their own..no dig on you whatsoever buddy just my opinion

Ravachol

Sorry if it's been discussed already but has anyone asked puff it up if their stock is from Vivant and not direct from China? When doing a warranty with puff it up do they tell you to send to them or back to Vivant in Cali?

Has anyone been to 3059 Edinger Ave, Tustin, CA 92780? Looks as if this is actually myvapors.com slangin' chinese crap through a separate "Vivant" website.

If you want a cheap chinese vape buy them directly off of alibaba/dhgate. Or if you really want to, go ahead and pay these companies extra money for their cheapo branding and expensive/timely customer service.

Or, you could take Toronto Vape's wack ass advice and get one of their "much better" chinese vapes.. hahaha.. who writes this crap??!!
https://torontovaporizer.ca/blog/vivant-alternate-vaporizer-review/

:hmm: :nope: :shit:

It's obvious that all the vivants comes from the same factory in shenzen, china, as well as it's obvious that the vivant has serious issues, when reading the review on torontovaporizer before the emergenze of all the problems of the vivant I was thinking exactly the same, imho at the present time the weecke Fenix, that they rebranded "utilian" is a lot better than the vivant, it's a year now that I use the Fenix and it works great, with no smell and good taste. Where do you think that they build the FFs, arizers, pax and so on? They all comes from china, shenzen.

Meach

I purchased a fenix directly from the factory..it worked great but now my lights don't turn on but it still heats..I emailed them, sent photos tried to skype and was ignored and never replied to..but they did offer to give me a good deal if I bought 50 units..so I guess it's a crap shoot with buying from overseas..anyways let's keep our fingers crossed vivant resolves the issues through their manufacturer and in a month we are all raving about this device!. I'm hoping it does because the alternate has all the features I want in a portable.

Last edited:

SleeperCell6619

Hi... Vaping since 2011. I got this Vivant 2 days ago. Had a bit of plastic taste, gone after 3 bowls. This vape hits well. Got it at PIU. Glad to support them. May get a spare at DHGATE later in a few days. As I said, really like this vape. I currently have and use Firefly2/Sticky Brick OG/ Plenty/Grasshopper/Swift Pro.....have used many many more ( and have a elephant's graveyard of one's out of rotation)... I see lot's of promise for the Vivant. Like it...

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@guyonthecouch Please go back and read this post.

To reiterate, constructive criticism posted in a respectful way is welcome in this thread. Terms such as "Chinese crap" and "crappy plastic vape" are not respectful or conducive to civil, informative discussion. In the future when you're writing a post please ensure that it's respectful before posting it.

Let's try to stay on topic as well please. There is an existing thread covering the Weeke Fenix.

Ensuring that one is tactful and avoids rehashing issues if there's nothing new to add goes a long way to keeping things civil and informative. Thank you!

guyonthecouch

@guyonthecouch Please go back and read this post.

To reiterate, constructive criticism posted in a respectful way is welcome in this thread. Terms such as "Chinese crap" and "crappy plastic vape" are not respectful or conducive to civil, informative discussion. In the future when you're writing a post please ensure that it's respectful before posting it.

Let's try to stay on topic as well please. There is an existing thread covering the Weeke Fenix.

Ensuring that one is tactful and avoids rehashing issues if there's nothing new to add goes a long way to keeping things civil and informative. Thank you!
Sorry for dropping the "C" word.. heat of the moment man, heat of the moment haha. I tried clicking "this post" that you linked but it's not functioning..

guyonthecouch,

gienkollo

After two evenings testing this thing is designed better i was expected,stock one minute heater cut off, it is more clever than i thought from beginning, Alternate is operative 20-30 s after heater off, and it is king of low temps IMO.
I'm impressed with overall feel of device is it is king of low temps, i really enjoying vaping with Alternate.
Also i noticed this what @Vitolo said is quite right, topcap is soaking with aromas off vaped goods, mine is funky skunky at the moment.

Last edited:

huk_huk

My Alternate finaly arrived, ordered from heavens gift. Shipping took very long but was expected. Out of the box I was impressed with all the accessoris and of the small size. There is a plastic smell but it seems to me like the smell is coming from the foam of the package. Did two 60s runs with drawing on 215° C
there is a smell but it's not overpowering so I feel okay to use it later. Heat up time was very long but it's the old firmware and coming from only on demand units I might be spoiled. Well, now I only need to finish work to be able to make a real test run!

BaroneBarra

So yesterday night I went to a party and shared the Alternate with three friends, all seasoned smokers who never tried a vaporizer before.
As soon as they took the first hit from the new bowl (heated at 180C for taste), two of them agreed that it tasted like "the smell of a new car". That can't be good.
I went through 20+ uses at this point. My question is, do you think the typical robot fart taste comes from the mouthpiece or from the oven? i.e. will my problems be resolved when new mouthpieces come out or should I ask for a replacement of the whole unit?
I'm in Europe and I got it from PIU, so it would be a pain in the ass to return it and not even sure it'd make sense, money-wise.

BaroneBarra,
Reactions: PPN

jdent3

So yesterday night I went to a party and shared the Alternate with three friends, all seasoned smokers who never tried a vaporizer before.
As soon as they took the first hit from the new bowl (heated at 180C for taste), two of them agreed that it tasted like "the smell of a new car". That can't be good.
I went through 20+ uses at this point. My question is, do you think the typical robot fart taste comes from the mouthpiece or from the oven? i.e. will my problems be resolved when new mouthpieces come out or should I ask for a replacement of the whole unit?
I'm in Europe and I got it from PIU, so it would be a pain in the ass to return it and not even sure it'd make sense, money-wise.

Well the oven seems to be made of good materials and have a sealed airpath so is say it's likely the plastic.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Food Grade PA46 Temperature resistance 230℃ (446F) for the MP....? :):peace:

(A higher grade, impact resistant, plastic casing would also help improve the quality of the unit.:2c:)

Last edited:
stark1,

OyVape

Well the oven seems to be made of good materials and have a sealed airpath so is say it's likely the plastic.

I seem to remember Vivant saying the ceramic oven absorbs the smells of surrounding materials. Which is hot plastic. Though I wasn't aware that was a property of ceramic.

OyVape,

huk_huk

so I vaped like 12 bowls through the Alternate and overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase. First sessions I started at 185°C but turns out that I prefer 210°C so I just start and stay there. I put the included 50 mesh in the oven (as 2nd mesh above the 200 mesh) because with the first bowl some AVB already fell through. Timer is set at 3 mins.

the good:
easy software update, good vapor production on high temps, plastic smell gone after 2 bowls

the bad:
heat up time, top gets hot, software could be more elegant (lots of hidden functions, holding power off to change temp sometimes sucks)

It's my first session vape and while I'm liking it so far, I still prefer my E-nano, and my GH. But I will definitely keep using the Alternate.

Last edited:

wickedflow

After two evenings testing this thing is designed better i was expected,stock one minute heater cut off, it is more clever than i thought from beginning, Alternate is operative 20-30 s after heater off, and it is king of low temps IMO.
I'm impressed with overall feel of device is it is king of low temps, i really enjoying vaping with Alternate.
Also i noticed this what @Vitolo said is quite right, topcap is soaking with aromas off vaped goods, mine is funky skunky at the moment.
How low do you hit it?

wickedflow,

IckiestOfTheSticky

Something I'm noticing with mine, and hadn't asked others yet - I find most of the time when I'm turning the Alternate on, when it's completely off, I normally have to hit the button more than 5x to turn it on. Sometimes it's a second set of 5, sometimes it comes on by the 7th or so, it's not super consistent. Not sure if I'm hitting it too quickly, or what. Anyone else ever experience this? I'd think with over 3 hours of continued use I'd be a pro, but I can't seem to get it right 100% of the time, and I hate it when things are inconsistent :)

IckiestOfTheSticky,
Reactions: Taz4101

BaroneBarra

@IckiestOfTheSticky yep. Happens to me all the time.

edit to elaborate a bit: pressing the button 5 times almost never works when the Alternate has been turned off for some time (talking about minutes). I found out that most of the times I have to press one of the other two buttons to turn it on. I agree, it's a bit annoying.

Last edited:

Pistil_Pete

Hey everyone. So I received a new cooling unit from Emily @Vivant. Thank you again for doing your best to help out customers with melting issues.

Unfortunately though, this new cooling unit exhibits all the same problems of the old cooling units when operating at 428f. I initially did 5 sessions at 400f and experienced NO melting or deforming issues. However, after one 3-minute session at 428f, I can visibly see signs of melting and deformity on the exact spot as the previous cooling unit (plastic ring where the mesh is located). Yes this is batch issue, and it is unfortunate that we do not know which batch is affected. I suggests Vivant halt off on sending replacement cooling units until the new batch is ready.

I love the functionality of the Alternate. Producng the best tasting, coolest, and thickest vapors I have seen and experienced. But, the melting issue is a major problem for me personally. I will continue to use it 400f just because I love the device so much, but I would preferred to use it at 428f since the device was advertised and designed to operate at that temperature without problems. Morever, I vape mainly land-race sativas with high THCV, so it is imperative that the device can safely operate at 428f.

I don't need an entirely new cooling unit replacement, I just need a replacement for the bottom piece of the cooling unit, the area that is affected by the high heat. Please let us know when the new batch will be ready @ Vivant.

huk_huk

vaped some bowls of oil infused buds on 220°C, very thick vapor! Finally removed the green valve the airflow is so much better now. Downside is that it might leak more vapor now, but it also leaked when the valve was installed. I'm using the Alternate a lot atm

Top Bottom