• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Virtual Banquet Thread

crawdad

floatin
hDibqdK.jpg

this grilled halibut was so good it barely made it to the plate...the rack is cheating i guess but for a guy who likes to drink and grill its just so easy...the indentations dont change the flavor but it does make the fillet look like its been sitting in a lawn chair for too long

crawdad

floatin
I been cooking, trying to eat a bit better. I'm guilty of fast food. Everyone always tells me how FF burns a hole in your wallet......

Not mine? And calculating the costs up, an average home cooked meal is around $7-8 for me, which is on par or even more expensive than a fast food/takeout meal. I do think it's a misnomer that you really save that much money cooking on your own. Could be my neck of the woods too.

Anyways, I been cooking lots and lots of fish. I always liked fish more than chicken or beef. My apartment, the stove is older and the burners are pretty guess work as to how hot they are, but the oven works good. Fish is super easy to cook. Pan, oven, toke, eat.

Was in supermarket and I was looking for some sort of spice, and saw @Ed's TnT favorite the Tony Chachere! I got the more spice! This stuff really is quite good, good flavor, not too spicy but definitely spicy.

YLhbZIw.jpg

bEXTQm4.jpg

Really good. Lemon juice on top of fish, butter on top of fish, Tony Chacheres, bake 375 for 20 minutes, bon appetit! Fish falls apart

I got a bunch of Tilapia this week. Good, not as good as the catfish. Made some asian style with some sauce and seasonings, was OK. Not the worst not the best, prefer creole - the asian would of been better on salmon or something. Idk just not enough OOMPH to the flavors and the Tilapia was pretty mild.

But made a pan with old bay made pan with tony's and eating good this week!

To my earlier point, while comparable in price, home cooked food is just a lot better and healthier and tastes way danker than fast food LOL. I've been working out like crazy and this is some serious power food....I don't have an ounce scale (lol) but my fillets are all about the same size. I got 10 fillets which equaled 3 lbs on their scale, or 48 ounces. Using the internet average of 24g of protein per 3 oz piece of Tilapia, each 4.8 ounce fillet is 38.4g of protein :o and I tend to eat two! The catfish, those are each 10 oz fillets about and had 50 g per fillet (less than the tilapia per meal cause I can only eat 1) :o I am a firm believer in more protein the better

I've been doing this about a week while also running a lot and there is a noticeable uptick in my well being and health and all that jazz and I feel really healthy/alert/energized. Gonna make either lemon pepper this next week or garlic butter or some amalgamation of them both.

hard to compare cost of crap food vs quality food, its more worthwhile to compare quality to other quality and just rest on the fact that you are eating FOOD not "food".

talapia is good, tried some ak halibut about a month or so ago and that was real good too. scup porgy is similar to talapia but more tender and slight bit more flavor imho.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I been cooking, trying to eat a bit better. I'm guilty of fast food. Everyone always tells me how FF burns a hole in your wallet......

Not mine? And calculating the costs up, an average home cooked meal is around $7-8 for me, which is on par or even more expensive than a fast food/takeout meal. I do think it's a misnomer that you really save that much money cooking on your own. Could be my neck of the woods too.

Anyways, I been cooking lots and lots of fish. I always liked fish more than chicken or beef. My apartment, the stove is older and the burners are pretty guess work as to how hot they are, but the oven works good. Fish is super easy to cook. Pan, oven, toke, eat.

Was in supermarket and I was looking for some sort of spice, and saw @Ed's TnT favorite the Tony Chachere! I got the more spice! This stuff really is quite good, good flavor, not too spicy but definitely spicy.

YLhbZIw.jpg

bEXTQm4.jpg

Really good. Lemon juice on top of fish, butter on top of fish, Tony Chacheres, bake 375 for 20 minutes, bon appetit! Fish falls apart

I got a bunch of Tilapia this week. Good, not as good as the catfish. Made some asian style with some sauce and seasonings, was OK. Not the worst not the best, prefer creole - the asian would of been better on salmon or something. Idk just not enough OOMPH to the flavors and the Tilapia was pretty mild.

But made a pan with old bay made pan with tony's and eating good this week!

To my earlier point, while comparable in price, home cooked food is just a lot better and healthier and tastes way danker than fast food LOL. I've been working out like crazy and this is some serious power food....I don't have an ounce scale (lol) but my fillets are all about the same size. I got 10 fillets which equaled 3 lbs on their scale, or 48 ounces. Using the internet average of 24g of protein per 3 oz piece of Tilapia, each 4.8 ounce fillet is 38.4g of protein :o and I tend to eat two! The catfish, those are each 10 oz fillets about and had 50 g per fillet (less than the tilapia per meal cause I can only eat 1) :o I am a firm believer in more protein the better

I've been doing this about a week while also running a lot and there is a noticeable uptick in my well being and health and all that jazz and I feel really healthy/alert/energized. Gonna make either lemon pepper this next week or garlic butter or some amalgamation of them both.

Rrrrr you done good rrrr tonis does it right, good job! Now get ya some dales for your next steak, gotta love meat!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
There is a local country store on the way home from 4H, on saturday mornings they do crawfish and shrimp, ughhh we just missed the crawfish, grabbed a few pounds of boiled shrimp and taters

RuP5Pto.jpg

Wasnt many left when I thought to snap a pic, not sure how yall do, but down here fresh hot spicy boiled shrimp, taters, corn on the cob and crawfish too, ohhhhhh yeah you know spring is about to be here!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@HellsWindStaff for me there is nothing more satisfying than preparing and cooking a decent meal.
Knowing exactly what's in my meals is important to me and if it costs a little more then so be it.

As an example a chicken that's had a good life and eaten well makes a far superior meal.
Keep it up especially if you've felt good for it.

Living not far from one of the biggest populations of Gujarti's in the UK has it's benefits.
Pickled chillies and ginger all done in a sweetened rice wine vinegar and Mrs PP's made a roulade.
When you round next @Ruta, tomorrow was that??
KbSO8OHm.jpg
qbVKyTNm.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
LUZs5BS.jpg

Lemon pepper garlic cod. Was pretty good! Very healthy!

My only complaint is that lemon pepper garlic butter is a kind of light seasoning/marinade and cod is not really the greatest fish imo, should of done it with something that would of had a bit more flavor

But that's a lb of cod and 376 calories, 96 grams of protein :rockon: the health benefit is the real keeper regarding cooking yourself and plus it's rewarding and all that making something good. I'm getting fished out gonna have to go to chicken for a bit soon

I have some good ancho chile maybe I'll add that to my other two fillets before I eat...

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
2KQfvt2.jpg

h7VRSa2.jpg

This is some Canadian Walleye. Really good fish never had it before kinda like salmon.

The seasoning has been my go to for fish I wanna taste the fish. Lemon juice, then chili and lime seasoning, then slightly less lemon pepper seasoning, and then even less ancho habanero(much less here). It really packs a punch in terms of flavor but Is refreshing and not overbearing on taste buds and let's the fish shine. Did catfish like this the other day and it also was quite good.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
EN8iidO.jpg

Really really awesome burger I got at Burgatory. Got dry Aged wagyu and while it was really really good not sure if it was with the extra $2 compared to normal beef, my mom got normal beef and it was still quite awesome.

Pretzel bun, dry aged wagyu, kona crust on meat (coffee/cocoa), farmhouse cheddar, sriarcha remoulade, bacon, onion straws, guacamole, jalapeños. Mhmmmm. They didn't have any sort of pepper jack that would of put this over the edge

crawdad

floatin
hollow hot dogs, patented in 1938

28XHZgK.jpg

When frankfurters are served individually with rolls `or bread in the form of sandwiches, it is common practice to serve mustard or some other condiment or seasoning with them. It has been 'customary to spread the mustard on the outside of the frankfurter orfon the roll or breadwhich accompanies it. Verymften the mustard drips 0E to soil the hands' or clothing of the.

person handling the sandwich. Moreover, the4 appearance of the sandwich when the mustard is' served -in this manner is often unpleasant.f 15. Nevertheless many enjoy the flavor imparted to the frankfurter sandwich by the addition of such a'condiment or seasoning. f y

'I'he present invention hasfor one of its. purposes the provision of a frankfurter or other similar food product which may be seasoned by the addition of a condimentl such as mustard or'the like to the inside of the frankfurter uniformly along its length thus avoiding smearing on the outside as has been the common practice.

ive never had a hollow dog, but this really seems like the way to go...less mustard on the stache.

ikDvi3X.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Boy oh boy I wish I took more photos, I just hate being that guy in a restaurant.

qd4Qtml.jpg

kqsRYRf.jpg

Holllly shit. I have never had Churriscaria (sp?) , Brazilian BBQ. There are two nearby, one in city one in suburb, me and family went to one in city for birthday. My dads had other Brazil BBQ but it was my moms first time. Mine too.

Texas De Brazil, guess it's a chain. This was one of the nicest restaurants I ever been in. If not the nicest. I'm not saying I eat a lot of high class dining but this place easily takes the cake over Ruth Chris (the only other high end chain I could think of that id been too) or many other "high end" restaurants around me. Maybe cause unique and my first time idk but I loved it, the atmosphere, service, etc.

Anyways, if you aren't aware, there is a big salad bar, some fresh cold cuts and cheese (not my bag) they had lobster bisque; beans rice, sushi, some kind of spicy lime shrimp. Tons of stuff at this salad bar. Cheesebread my god so good. I tried to stay away though because...

a bunch of people walk around just cutting you off Slabs of meat. I think I had like 12-15 different meats. Really loved the lamb, everything was awesome though. My stomach is knotted up right now LOL to much meat but was awesome we were there like a solid 2 hours

Fire stuff.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
we were there like a solid 2 hours
It took you that long to realize what the green/red thing on the table was for? :lol:

Churrascarias are great but there are very few around here on the west coast. You know it's good if they serve real Guaraná (the good Antartica stuff, not the swill that comes from Kuat) and Skol cerveja.

I went to the only one around here last week and had to pay an extra $20 for the picanha; but it was well worth it. Always ask for the picanha!:nod:

:peace:

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSC05382.jpg

Cranberry Juice with everclear

DSC05383.jpg

Long Grain Brown Rice w/cilantro, green onion, Jalapeños, and lemon zest

DSC05385.jpg

Red, Yello and Orange Bell Pepper, sauteed with red oinion, to top off the Yellow squash w/ Zucchini below

DSC05386.jpg

Yellow and Green squash, with oregano, Black pepper, and basil ALL from the garden.

DSC05387.jpg

2 cleaned up trout, stuffed with the following:

DSC05388.jpg

Jalapeños, Green Onion, Cilantro, Tomato and lime.
Dinner was good.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
It took you that long to realize what the green/red thing on the table was for? :lol:

Churrascarias are great but there are very few around here on the west coast. You know it's good if they serve real Guaraná (the good Antartica stuff, not the swill that comes from Kuat) and Skol cerveja.

I went to the only one around here last week and had to pay an extra $20 for the picanha; but it was well worth it. Always ask for the picanha!:nod:

:peace:

I got the Picanha! Awesome stuff!

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Stu
Top Bottom