1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Banquet Thread

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by t-dub, Feb 14, 2013.

1. crawdad

crawdad floatin

[​IMG]
    this grilled halibut was so good it barely made it to the plate...the rack is cheating i guess but for a guy who likes to drink and grill its just so easy...the indentations dont change the flavor but it does make the fillet look like its been sitting in a lawn chair for too long

2. crawdad

crawdad floatin

hard to compare cost of crap food vs quality food, its more worthwhile to compare quality to other quality and just rest on the fact that you are eating FOOD not "food".

talapia is good, tried some ak halibut about a month or so ago and that was real good too. scup porgy is similar to talapia but more tender and slight bit more flavor imho.

t-dub and HellsWindStaff like this.
  3. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

Rrrrr you done good rrrr tonis does it right, good job! Now get ya some dales for your next steak, gotta love meat!

phattpiggie and HellsWindStaff like this.
  4. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

There is a local country store on the way home from 4H, on saturday mornings they do crawfish and shrimp, ughhh we just missed the crawfish, grabbed a few pounds of boiled shrimp and taters

[​IMG]

Wasnt many left when I thought to snap a pic, not sure how yall do, but down here fresh hot spicy boiled shrimp, taters, corn on the cob and crawfish too, ohhhhhh yeah you know spring is about to be here!

5. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@HellsWindStaff for me there is nothing more satisfying than preparing and cooking a decent meal.
    Knowing exactly what's in my meals is important to me and if it costs a little more then so be it.

As an example a chicken that's had a good life and eaten well makes a far superior meal.
    Keep it up especially if you've felt good for it.

Living not far from one of the biggest populations of Gujarti's in the UK has it's benefits.
    Pickled chillies and ginger all done in a sweetened rice wine vinegar and Mrs PP's made a roulade.
    When you round next @Ruta, tomorrow was that??
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

grokit, Reflections, Squiby and 4 others like this.
  6. Ruta

Ruta Well-Known Member

Looks good, but you know i'm on a diet, summers a comin' :)

7. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

[​IMG]

Lemon pepper garlic cod. Was pretty good! Very healthy!

My only complaint is that lemon pepper garlic butter is a kind of light seasoning/marinade and cod is not really the greatest fish imo, should of done it with something that would of had a bit more flavor

But that's a lb of cod and 376 calories, 96 grams of protein :rockon: the health benefit is the real keeper regarding cooking yourself and plus it's rewarding and all that making something good. I'm getting fished out gonna have to go to chicken for a bit soon

I have some good ancho chile maybe I'll add that to my other two fillets before I eat...

grokit, crawdad, Vitolo and 4 others like this.
  8. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is some Canadian Walleye. Really good fish never had it before kinda like salmon.

The seasoning has been my go to for fish I wanna taste the fish. Lemon juice, then chili and lime seasoning, then slightly less lemon pepper seasoning, and then even less ancho habanero(much less here). It really packs a punch in terms of flavor but Is refreshing and not overbearing on taste buds and let's the fish shine. Did catfish like this the other day and it also was quite good.

Reflections, t-dub, grokit and 3 others like this.
  9. crawdad

crawdad floatin

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors