Virtual Banquet Thread

Vitolo

Vaporist
Tonight's menu consists of:
  • Teriyaki glazed Yellowfin Tuna
  • Garnet Yam w/sea salt
  • Bok Choy stir fried with Garlic-Ginger- Soy Sauce
  • Fresh Kale Centerpiece we both nibble from
  • and a Salad (Spinach, Lemon Cucumbers, Armenian Cucumbers, Italian Parsley, Vine Tomatoes, Cherry Tomato, Harvest Gold Tomato, Lemon wedge, and scallion... seasoned with dried basil and ground peppercorns.
DSC04843.jpg

Above: Patty's Plate

DSC04844.jpg

Above: Vito's Plate

DSC04845.jpg

Above: Close-up of Salad

DSC04846.jpg

Above: The table

And here we have the Bok Choy that was uprooted for tonight's meal:
IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Images all held Hostage by PhotoBucket unless I pay $399.99 a year

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dinner from a week ago, I did not remember that Patty had taken a picture!
016.jpg

Above: Salmon with Garlic sauce, Brown Rice w/Red Tiburon Chile, steamed carrot and Squash slices,
with a garnish of Baby crookneck squash (Harvest Gold Tomato in the "pocket")

Lunch was.....
008.jpg

Above: Pancake Squash (called UFO squash) stuffed with baked chopped veggies, about to be baked as a whole (Lunch)

004.jpg

Above: Two types of Radish Flower with Basil side dish (Lunch)

001.jpg

Above: Table Decoration from Lunch... apple and a blueberry (Lunch)

Stay tuned for tonight's dinner (cooking now).....

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
As promised... tonight's dinner
DSC04847.jpg

Above: Salad.... a bed of "pickle cucumber" slices with Banana Pepper, Bell Pepper slices, Kale and Cherry tomatoes drizzled with lemon

DSC04848.jpg

Above: The rice is Thai Black rice with lemon peel, Cubanelle chile, Red Jalapeños, and fresh Cilantro

DSC04849.jpg

Above: The Pair of dishes

DSC04850.jpg

Above: Each consists of my personal recipe for "Orange Orange roughy (soaked in fresh squeezed Orange juice, topped with Italian Parsley bits and diced Orange peel, drizzled with Orange juice reduction prior to baking. Served with steamed Kohlrabi Leaves and slices of Kohlrabi base next to lightly steamed mushrooms with sea salt and black pepper

DSC04851.jpg

And finally, the Table.

Last edited:

BD9

Spatchcocked a chicken for roasting tomorrow. I put Black Forest bacon under the skin and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper.
My first attempt at spatchcocking. Saved the spatch and the cock for making broth. :)
Also will roast fingerling potatoes and sear brussel sprouts in bacon grease.

EVABSEU.jpg

MinnBobber

Spatchcocked a chicken for roasting tomorrow. I put Black Forest bacon under the skin and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper.
............................................................................................
Is spatchcocking a chicken legal in your state? Be sure to use protection :)

I had to google it to see how it's done. Should make it grill much easier and quicker and more even.

Keep spatchcocking...

BD9

............................................................................................
Is spatchcocking a chicken legal in your state? Be sure to use protection :)

I had to google it to see how it's done. Should make it grill much easier and quicker and more even.

Keep spatchcocking...

HaHa... I think it's legal. :brow:

I think this flattening of the bird helps to keep the breasts from drying out and cooking faster than thighs. Wait, what are we talking about?
I used kitchen shears to remove the spine. Then I used pressure to break the sternum and it laid flat.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I took a break from photographing at dinner time for a few days.
Tonight is Rainbow Trout (I removed it's tail, head and I deboned it):
1_1.jpg

Stuffed with Cilantro, Red and Green Jalapeños, green onion,tomato and Lime
2_1.jpg

On the left, ingredients to go into the rice (Jalapeños, lemon peel, Italian Parsely) and the beginnings
of our salads, minus herbs and Avocado. On the right is Red Onion, Roma Tomatos, Zucchini, Garlic, Lemon and Basil with seas salt.
3.jpg

Salad's done: Bell Pepper, Cubanelle Pepper, 3 types cucumber, red onion, avocado, Tomato, Basil, fresh pepper, Lime and Beet quarters
5.jpg

Kale between the salads
4.jpg

Finished Plate
7.jpg

A pair of plates
6.jpg

And to the table it is!
8.jpg

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@Vitolo - Your cutlery looks very familiar. Are those Cutco knives? I'm currently starting my Cutco collection. They came to COSTCO and had a show so I picked up an 8 piece set with block. Right now I'm looking at table knives on their website for their Cyber Monday sale.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Made lasgne for the first time in a long time, store bought fresh sheets, I'll never use dried again. Nice beef from the butcher in the village. I got a big piece of mozzarella and cut it in thin'ish slices and it went between a couple of sheets near the top.
My meat sauce was a bit looser than normal hence the puddle in the bottom of the dish but it made no difference. Still really nice.
Q2d6fh9.jpg

More important this arrived in the post on Monday and now I've got @Ed's TnT Duck, Cheddar and Jalepeno recipe my life is complete. What more could a man want.
K6cDrFh.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've been meaning to post some stuff from Thanksgiving holiday:

wQMi6bK.jpg

Green Egg Cafe in Philadelphia, went to visit my brother. This was amazing. Sausage Gravy over biscuits which is over egg, over fried onions peppers, potatoes, more sausage, guyere cheese on it too. YUM!

vYrdqZn.jpg

I make a point to go here every time in Jersey.

The rest of my photos are from Harolds Diner in NJ. Was on Man Vs Food I think? Really great jewish deli, HUGE portions. Went with 9 people, got two of each of these and an extra of Corn Beef. Were stuffed! And had awesome leftovers :)

m3iQTeK.jpg

Potato Pancake.

dZdvHL3.jpg

Blinces. I'm not huge on Blinces but these are pretty good!

WdCJZBe.jpg

PASTRAMI!! Notice, this only shows half the plate really :p soo good. They have a bread bar and pickle bar, mhmmm hits the spot.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Tonight's dinner was a slow roasted pork butt. I used a jalapeno, onion, oregano, cumin, chili powder, garlic, olive oil and apple cider vinegar rub (and a little salt and pepper) and then poured some sauvignon blanc in to keep it moist before wrapping it up in foil and baking. Served with a savory spoonbread and a kale, brussels sprout, cabbage slaw with cranberries and pumpkin seeds.

qhjXeJh.jpg

Also started my Christmas giveaway goodies with some haystacks..

YRGjEf9.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I always have the best intentions of taking pictures.. and then get caught up in the serving... or the eating. :lol:

I managed to get two pics on Christmas. One was the starting of the glogg I made (a traditional Danish hot mulled wine that is served).

Exugn89.jpg

And another of the table with a very small shot of the butternut squash bisque with creme fraische that started the meal:

Qn3r1Ky.jpg

The rest of the meal was rack of lamb with tzatziki sauce, roasted potatoes and green beans. Galaktobouriko for dessert; a custard in filo with an infused syrup poured over it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom