Virtual Banquet Thread

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
There aren't many things that make me salivate but that mixed grill was one.
If you find UPS with one or two of these on your doorstep you know who it is @momofthegoons
yMi51sn.jpg

Makes my belly pork look rather dull now.
ES2XL0R.jpg

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
Between being sick for a while and then my mom being in the hospital for weeks, haven't really cooked anything in a long time.
Picked up a new enameled cast iron dutch oven and got a bunch of pork tenderloin and loin ends and made a stew. More an autumn than summer dish. Tasty though.
Pork, crimini mushrooms, red potatoes, madeira, extra virgin, sage, lavender, garlic, lots of black pepper, and a little cream.

WSblKVg.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
It's the time of year again when Mrs. PP keeps repeating the same old phrase,
'There's no room for anything else in the freezer'.
She knows better by now, it's Bramble season and the bushes were cut back hard and are producing like never before.
Bramble and lemon baked cheese cake, bramble ice-cream with bramble coulis.
See you tomorrow nite @Ruta
9JdZMbZ.jpg

MinnBobber

Looks great. How was it? Do you have a recipe you'd care to share/ PM? Thanks
Would it work with fresh Colorado peaches but frozen Maine blueeberries? Or do frozen BB get too juicy when thawed?

CO peaches are almost too good to do anything besides straight up eatin'

Blueberry and peach crumble:

rUnvmUV.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Do you have a recipe you'd care to share
I'd be happy to share the recipe. It's not my own... found it here.

It was really good. Not overly sweet so you could really taste the individual flavors of the peaches and the blueberries.

I would think that if you thawed and drained the blueberries first there wouldn't be a problem. You could also add a touch more cornstarch.

MinnBobber

It's cobbler/crisp time here in MN too @CarolKing , kind of a fall brisk day today.

Primo ingredients for a copy-cat of @momofthegoons blueberry and peach creation.

Colorado peaches are supreme in my book.
Maine frozen wild blueberries so they are very nice.

And the secret ingredient for the chef/ not in the crumble---- COLORADO dispensary Blue (BLUEBERRY) Amnesia in the miniVAP, in honor of the special ingredients.

Peach and blueberry cobbler, with mama CO peach looking over her newborn :)

Peach%20cobbler%20after%20baking%203.jpg

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
iDTgrib.jpg

I didn't include the recipe because its a link to an app. So it's an advertisement. I deleted it when I realized that. You would bake the apples and dust them with sugar and cinnamon I would assume. It would be less healthy to deep fry.

I thought this looked good. I haven't made it yet. This is Apple Fries and you dip them in the whipped cream. That's cinnamon and sugar on them.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I was out and about on Friday and spotted a small food truck rally going on.... Only 4 trucks, but some interesting variety. There was a Mexican truck, Incredibowls (mostly rice based bowls), HerosandVillians (sandwiches) and TreatDreams (ice cream).

x3bhpQT.jpg

I was starved, but it was getting into the afternoon so I didn't want to eat anything too heavy. Opted for the 'Mega Man BLT' on grilled sour dough from HerosandVillians. Okay... I'll admit it.... they had me with the little action figures they had all over the counter, lol.

3NRF1mq.jpg

I'm going to start looking for these rallies around town. They're getting really popular and I would love to hit one of the bigger rallies during the evening.

MinnBobber

No picture yet but ??
I'm doing up some sous vide 48 hours baby back ribs at 144 F.
After sous vide water bath, I plan to sear on super hot outdoor gas grill.

?? Is it better to add some more of my homemade dry rub before searing OR
brush on some homemade BBQ sauce while on the grill??

Thanks

MinnBobber

I'm pretty sure that dry rubs like to have some time, for the flavor to penetrate/marinate/develop.
My dry rub had 54 hours to penetrate, 6 hours in vacuum bag with ribs in fridge and 48 hours in the sous vide 145 F bath.

My question is the finishing/searing on an outdoor grill:
better to just add some more dry rub OR some wet sauce to ribs while searing on the grill?

what have folks found to be better???

MinnBobber,
Reactions: grokit

arf777

No longer dogless
No picture yet but ??
I'm doing up some sous vide 48 hours baby back ribs at 144 F.
After sous vide water bath, I plan to sear on super hot outdoor gas grill.

?? Is it better to add some more of my homemade dry rub before searing OR
brush on some homemade BBQ sauce while on the grill??

Thanks
Agree with others- both. I usually rub for a minimum of 24 hours, and then glaze at the end of smoking. Or if you're feeling extra adventurous, you can do a wet brine instead of a dry rub. But that is easier to mess up (and I usually only do that with beef ribs).

Top Bottom