• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Videogames for playing severely intoxicated

Would I be showing my age if I said video solitaire?
If I'm feeling realy spazzy I fire up a game called Bayonetta on the 360. Not much of a story,but any game with a smoking hot witch who has guns on her feet is cool by me. It's kinda like the Devil May Cry series....just good old fashioned,mindless destructive fun.

ShipDit,

Kian

oddball musician
Postal 2!!! hated by most, but a hilarious game. I just started playing the new Duke Nukem, which is also not appreciated but great entertainment after a baking.
games with slow zombies and old SNES RPGs have the most appeal to me, if I can be bothered with getting involved in the story. I don't play many modern games though.

Kian,
Reactions: ehakim

Left

-Minecraft, as you can play at your own pace and it's so open-ended that there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play. I prefer the PC version, as it can be expanded by fan-made plugins and allows more maximum players per server.

-I don't usually care for any of the Call of Duty games, but I have World at War, and the Zombies mode with the DLC maps are really fun. On the PC version, the DLC maps were included for free in a game update. On the Xbox 360, the DLC map pack bundle costs more than the game itself :mental:

-Rainbow Six Vegas 1; specifically the multiplayer T-Hunt mode on veteran difficulty. To reach the highest rank, you have to play an absurd number of matches... luckily, it's entertaining enough.

-Gauntlet Seven Sorrows or Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I'm not sure which one I was playing, but I have a distinct memory of playing a Gauntlet game on the original Xbox and it was really fun.

Left,

green2brown

CRASH BANDICOOT. Whatever the hell the newest one for the PS3 is called. Simple controls, fast-paced gameplay, bright and colorful fun graphics, and amusing audio. There's literally no downtime during the game to get lost in thought or get bored. And all of a sudden, 2 hours has passed.

And of course you can never go wrong with any Mario Kart or Party. My preference for those is Wii. Get really high and then have someone's red shell chasing you down. It's intense lol

z9

-Minecraft, as you can play at your own pace and it's so open-ended that there really isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play. I prefer the PC version, as it can be expanded by fan-made plugins and allows more maximum players per server.

-I don't usually care for any of the Call of Duty games, but I have World at War, and the Zombies mode with the DLC maps are really fun. On the PC version, the DLC maps were included for free in a game update. On the Xbox 360, the DLC map pack bundle costs more than the game itself :mental:

-Rainbow Six Vegas 1; specifically the multiplayer T-Hunt mode on veteran difficulty. To reach the highest rank, you have to play an absurd number of matches... luckily, it's entertaining enough.

-Gauntlet Seven Sorrows or Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I'm not sure which one I was playing, but I have a distinct memory of playing a Gauntlet game on the original Xbox and it was really fun.

Rainbow six Vegas one and two are among my favorite shooters. Terrorist hunt was so much fun. So many hours spent on that game in high school. I wish more people still played. The original gears of war was also a great shooter. The only shooter I still play is Battlefield 3. Mass chaos in those 64 person conquest large games. The gaming industry has gone downhill. There are hardly any new games worth playing. But since I play on the almost PC exclusively now I have access to a lot of old games for cheap.

I have high hopes for metro last night. Metro 2033 scares me shitless when I'm high and has some seriously trippy parts. Seriously check out a video of the final level. I had just gotten my first vape when I was playing that level, my mind melted... I don't think I ever recovered. I would post a link but that's too much trouble on the phone. The graphics are amazing on PC and that game is guaranteed to push even the best gaming PC in dx11 mode.

Little big planet is great in groups, seriously endless fun. I need to check out lbp carting. Little big planet 2 is one of my favorite newer games for parties and you'll have fun regardless of age.

Anti chamber keeps me captivated when I'm high. It portal-esque as far as the puzzles go. But they're definitely more mind bending than portal and take really creative thinking to figure out.

Of course all the classics are great, sober or not.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Wii is great.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, super Mario galaxies, Mario Kart, donkey kong, punch out... All winners!

If you have a nice PC you can play these titles in 1080p on the computer and they look phenomenal!

Steele Concept,
Reactions: t-dub

Left

The original gears of war was also a great shooter. The only shooter I still play is Battlefield 3. Mass chaos in those 64 person conquest large games. The gaming industry has gone downhill.

I think Gears of War was a pretty consistent series --- I definitely think Gears 1 multiplayer was better than Gears 2 multiplayer, but Gears 2 had horde mode which was pretty cool, and both games had great campaigns (especially fun co-op). Never got a chance to play Gears 3 campaign, only tried the multiplayer beta test which was fun and felt like a fusion of Gears 1 and 2 multiplayer (turned out not bad at all). I need to dust off the Xbox 360 and get Gears 3, since there's another Gears of War game coming out next month, I think. I saw BF3 for $10 w/ free shipping, but I passed on the deal because I hear a lot of people say that you need premium for it to be worth playing... just saw premium go on sale for $20, but I'm not entirely sure if I would like it. I have not been thoroughly impressed with many games lately either, but there are diamonds in the rough...
I have high hopes for metro last night. Metro 2033 scares me shitless when I'm high and has some seriously trippy parts. Seriously check out a video of the final level. I had just gotten my first vape when I was playing that level, my mind melted... I don't think I ever recovered. I would post a link but that's too much trouble on the phone. The graphics are amazing on PC and that game is guaranteed to push even the best gaming PC in dx11 mode.

In December, Metro 2033 was given away free through some Facebook promotion, so I was able to get a key for it and activated it on Steam :) I played a couple levels, but I've been pretty busy and haven't had a chance to get back to it. I have it set on DirectX 11 mode. Definitely looks great. If you want to try another game that will scare you, try Condemned (the first one, it's available on PC). It's not a mind-blowing game, but still a scary/interesting experience.

Left,

z9

I could never get into condemned. I didn't play it much though. Gears two turned me off of the series, it was fun but I never felt the need to keep playing like I did the first one. You really do have to be a premium member to play bf3. I play off and on but I don't think I'd play as much if I wasn't a premium member. Microsoft pissed me off with the 360, I just feel they only care about making money. Off topic but windows 8 is awful, its reason enough for me to never use anything Microsoft again. I started using the ps3 more and realized how terrible the system is, nowhere near as user friendly and smooth as the 360. So I said fuck consoles like I did with combusting weed and haven't looked back at either. My PC is my baby, I like playing with it more than I like gaming now. Old school titles are always my go to games when I'm in the gaming mood though. Current titles just don't do it for me. Or I haven't played many that do.

olivianewtonjohn

I like playing MW2 or GOW3. Gears 1 was epic too. I agree gears 2 was horrible (campaign was good though), but 3 brought back the multiplayer that I loved from 1. IDK about the newest gears game coming out, I heard its a prelude like halo reach or something.

Im super jelly of the guy who posted about crash bandicoot; I wish I had a ps3 now

EDIT: Just googled and they have it for xbox? HOLLY MOLLY BRB ordering that shit right now

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Left

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
PC is my choice for gaming. I am currently bouncing between COD:Black Ops II multiplayer, great stress reliever for me, Just Cause 2, Saints Row the 3rd, Limbo(Great affordable indie game), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Star Wars: The force unleashed II. I got some great deals during the Steam holiday sales. Far cry 3, Darksiders 2, Spec ops: The line, I am alive and a few more waiting in the wings. I actually downloaded a few of those titles without payment,cough, cough, originally. I enjoyed Just Cause 2 so much,I felt guilty of depriving the company who made such a fun game my money, so I went and bought it on Steam and just kept adding titles here and there.

Silver420Surfer,

way2

I play a bit of everything on my Ps3 and Vita. Right now mostly COD: BOII, I just picked up the new Metal Gear and will be starting that soon. Skyrim was also alot of fun although really buggy.

way2,

Left

Microsoft pissed me off with the 360, I just feel they only care about making money.

Trust me, this is true. I have had 4 Xbox 360's fail on me, and I'm on my 5th one. *None* of my other consoles have failed like that --- I have an NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, and Nintendo Wii which all still work good as new --- yet it seems each Xbox 360 I've used have lasted about one year each (I never even played them THAT much). Almost every single friend of mine has gone through at least 1 Xbox 360 due to Red Ring. One time a friend of mine got red ring, sent the console to have it repaired by Microsoft, then 2 weeks later it suffered the same problem. As a Halo fan, I'm one of those suckers who just bought a new Xbox 360, but the Halo games on Xbox 360 never impressed me like the Halo games on Xbox 1 :rant: ) I'm really sad I didn't switch to PC gaming sooner, since the games look a whole lot better on my PC, I don't have to pay for Xbox Live, and I get the choice of what hardware to use, and the ability to upgrade at any time. It's also ridiculous that they make you pay for Xbox Live to use Netflix, despite the fact that the console is perfectly capable of showing Netflix films without an Xbox Live subscription... It reminds me of how the Xbox 1 was perfectly capable of playing DVDs with the gamepad, yet they required you to buy their DVD remote accessory to get that function :doh:

I considered Windows 8, but I've made the conscious decision to stick with Windows 7. I actually really like Windows 7, and I even own a Windows Phone 7 (I love it).

goatgobaahh

Diablo 3 and Halo 4. I just take the warthog and drive around picking people up...you know ridin dirty and all lol

goatgobaahh,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
My brother went through 2 or 3 Xbox 360's. absolutely amazing that an engineering revision wasn't done ASAP or more testing on air flow. They are so obnoxiously loud and fail left and right.

We had a chipped original Xbox. Xbox media center, HDD game saving/loading, N64 and SNES emulators. That was the coolest console I ever had and probably will ever have, it did everything.... We played more ROMs and Super Mario War than we did Halo or the other big titles. This made me realize if I wanted something that does everything I might as well stick with PC.

I now own a Mac Mini 2011 and ill play a few ROMs here and there. Mostly I use it for media and I especially love Plex, which is the best media center I have used. Steam offers a good taste in titles for OSX if one isn't a hardcore gamer.

Overall I just don't game as much as when I was young. I'd rather work on business, work out/Jiu Jitsu, read, watch a Plex or Netflix title if I'm idle. All this talk of old school really makes me wanna fire up A Legend of Zelda A Limk To the Past. Which is my favorite game BTW.

OO

Technical Skeptical
Many CLASSIC games have been referenced, but not games that are enjoyable for those whose motor skills are a little out of whack, which is what I think the OP was referring to.

As far as games which feature classics, and are also a blast when your motor skills are affected, try the WARIOWARE series, it's a bunch of minigames which you speed through and your motor skills factor in heavily. Especially the ones on the Wii.

If you are looking for more fast-paced intensity, look at the original red faction for multi-player FPS, it's quick bouts of blasting, and very intense.

OO,

Kian

oddball musician

Yeah, agreed on Minecraft. That's my favourite game of recent years, it's got a lot more going on than people realise. Cool story when you get to the end too.
I might get back on that soon, build some temples and kill some zombies! along with a bit of underground mushroom farming.

Kian,

Left

We had a chipped original Xbox. Xbox media center, HDD game saving/loading, N64 and SNES emulators. That was the coolest console I ever had and probably will ever have, it did everything....

Yup, me too. Believe it or not, those homebrew apps for Xbox are still being worked on. The latest N64 emulator for Xbox is Surreal64CE B5.52u (I think) which allows you to play the roms in 720p resolution. It's glorious. XBMC has expanded and is now available on PC, Mac, Android, Linux, etc. so the Xbox version was renamed XBMC4XBOX. Sadly, the Xbox can't really handle playing high def videos, so I've started using the PC version now and I keep my PC hooked up to my TV. The best plugins for XBMC are Navi-X, which is essentially the free alternative to Netflix :tup: and Pianobar, which is Pandora radio (without the advertisements). Cool thing is that you can set an option so that instead of showing a visualization while listening to Pandora, you can set it to display random pictures of the artist you are listening to:

Cool story when you get to the end too.

Wait, Minecraft has an ending? :o

Kian

oddball musician
Yup, me too. Believe it or not, those homebrew apps for Xbox are still being worked on. The latest N64 emulator for Xbox is Surreal64CE B5.52u (I think) which allows you to play the roms in 720p resolution. It's glorious. XBMC has expanded and is now available on PC, Mac, Android, Linux, etc. so the Xbox version was renamed XBMC4XBOX. Sadly, the Xbox can't really handle playing high def videos, so I've started using the PC version now and I keep my PC hooked up to my TV. The best plugins for XBMC are Navi-X, which is essentially the free alternative to Netflix :tup: and Pianobar, which is Pandora radio (without the advertisements). Cool thing is that you can set an option so that instead of showing a visualization while listening to Pandora, you can set it to display random pictures of the artist you are listening to:

Wait, Minecraft has an ending? :o
it can have. Certain servers probably have it disabled. If you locate an end portal with an Eye of Ender you get to a place called "The End", there's loads of Endermen (the tall guys that build the earth) and a big dragon. If you kill the dragon another portal appears, you go through that and it gives you a load of story about the world of Minecraft before respawning you. Kind of an ending, although it leads you straight back to doing whatever you want. It's worth doing, but works differently with different servers.
I don't play games much, but got really into Minecraft for a while.

Kian,
Reactions: Left
Top Bottom