VG oil and MCT oil for sublingual? Oral?

MinnBobber

1. Can CBD oil made with VG oil as the carrier be taken orally or sublingual? One retail store only mentions vaping with their VG product?

2. Same question for oil made with MCT?

3. Which carrier oil would be "better" for sublingual? Oral? By better I mean less offensive taste
or texture/easier to hold under tongue?
For oral use, either can be hidden in some liquid etc so I'd guess both are equal there??

Thanks

MinnBobber,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
1. Can CBD oil made with VG oil as the carrier be taken orally or sublingual? One retail store only mentions vaping with their VG product?

3. Which carrier oil would be "better" for sublingual? Oral? By better I mean less offensive taste
For oral use, either can be hidden in some liquid etc so I'd guess both are equal there??

Thanks

in CA tons of what I see are using MCT (which should be fine sublingually) for an edible infusion oil.

I'd be more curious what the saturation levels would be for each carrier, glycerines generally being a poor medium.

Monsoon

Thanks
MCT oil is the best choice overall, it's tasteless and should absorb quickly under your tongue. To make it at home just heat up the MCT oil and dissolve the CBD isolate into it. Some stuff I bought uses 100mg/ml so you don't need much.

VG is very sweet and more slimy, I did an extract with it once and wasn't worth it.

shredder

Thanks

You can use vg but an oil works much better. Vg is water based so mixing with an oil not it doesn't work great. I find organic hemp oil is fairly neutral. I'm not a big fan of the taste of most oils, but a bit of infused oil on food works well. Or if taste is upmost maybe butter or medibles could be an option.

shredder,
Top Bottom