Veteran MJ Smoker - looking to switch...need help/advice/encouragement..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezleb

As someone who came to vaping after massive years of smoking it and having heavy lungs the DaBudda was such a good fit I only light up rarely and situational. I have about 10-15 vapes or so of all kinds and sorts and I only paid for one, the rest were for evaluation and given as loaners for people to use as I used to assist sick people learn about vapes a long time ago. (Thanks again to those companies who made that possible, you know who you are.) Though, I am not well versed in the vapes of the last 3-4 years maybe.

Advice, put a mouse pad in front of the SSV. This way while your learning the vape and if you accidentally pull it out it will land on the mouse pad and just be an inconvenience rather than a possible broken wand.

Since being an older smoker you will likely prefer the upper end of the heat dial. I would first start out at 50% and move the dial up as you until you find your preference.

If you smoke out of bongs, just fit your tube, minus the wand, into your bong and your good to go

I like to vape not all the way and save the abv for swamp water.
Just take your ABV (its already activated no need to cook it for activation) and cover it with everclear (grain alcohol) for about 1/2 an hour shaking it a couple of times like it makes you cool. Drain and bottle. If done as I said and with not exhausted ABV a 1/4 of a shot mixed with soda will put most people out and go to la la land. I know people like to cook with abv and all that but what I have written above is the most effective I have experienced but it is not necessarily the nicest way to drink it. Most people do not like it due to taste and look, it looks like swamp water but I love it. How good it is depends on how much is left in the ABV.

If you want to limit the alcohol. Instead of using a soda put the 1/4 shot or what have you into a hot tea or coffee, stir and let sit a few minutes the most of the alcohol will evaporate. If you cannot consume alcohol I do not recommend this as their is likely residual alcohol so I do not recommend for alcoholics or people who have medical issues who cannot take alcohol.

With all that said, unless you deliberately do not vape a bowl all the way and if you use high temps, your ABV might not be worth much as was the issue for me early on. Though with time to learn and better understanding this can be achieved.

Best use of swamp water is for night time for me.

Welcome to vaping and I hope it finds a place with you.

Last edited:

ststeve

This post is long overdue - ever since my SSV arrived it's been my go to piece for medicating. It is powerful and delivers heavy hits. There does seem to be a learning curve (which I continue to fine tune) but it's not nearly as hard to get big hits as some have posted ...at least in my opinion...

Already have the itch for accessories. I have a few questions for the experienced folks out there:

1. Are there any other online retailers for seventh floor products besides their own site? I can't seem to find many sites that offer more than SSV's, tubing, some wands, etc.

2. I'm considering the shorty wand as I'm the only consumer in the household and I thought it might help conserve product and produce bigger hits. Any thoughts?

3. What's the general thought on the seventh floor's Ice Chambers? They look cool and seem pretty easy to use but a bit pricey maybe. I haven't really investigated any other glass pieces that would be compatible.

4. In about 3.5 weeks the family and I are headed to Colorado for the summer. Excited to try some other products- shatter, waxes, budder, etc. For those that have tried- how is the SSV with those products? I understand that I will need to get the oil concentrate kit ($80 on seventh floors website...yikes) in order to make it work though. ..does seventh floor ever have sales...hehe.

As before- thanks to all for their experience/expertise and willingness to share....:rockon:

Last edited:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
re #3
Your SSV is compatible with any glass piece with a GonG inlet.

the SSV tubing itself should slip inside a 14mm female or 18mm male joint.
I think you could probably fit the SSV tubing around a 14mm male joint.

either way, all you would need is a whip adapter to replace your mouthpiece, and you can connect your ssv to anything :)

IMO the SSV ice chambers/water filters look really nice, but are kinda overpriced for what they are...
You can get functionally equivalent items for much cheaper (though full disclosure I haven't really looked at their glass options for a year or so, so things may have changed since then :))

ststeve

Also posted this on the SSV thread....

A quick update - I went ahead and placed an order with 7th floor. Ordered the Oil Concentrate Kit (unfortunately I won't be able to use it until I get to CO in a few weeks). I also ordered some hose and a shorty wand (as the only consumer in the house and a desire to conserve as much as possible - it seemed worth the $20) - I'll post my thoughts after i get a chance to break it in. Might be awhile - been stuck vaping ABV since my 'guy' has been MIA and I have little options in Chicagoland.....:doh:

PS - Decided to wait on the Ice Chamber as others here have said that there are more economical options available that will have the same effect. Also, thinking of going to Seventh Floors headquarters to do a tour this summer and maybe purchase a glass water piece then ...after being able to see them close-up...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom