Do you like our vaporizer so far?

• yep.

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • nope.

Votes: 47 29.9%

• Total voters

GR

Leiana,
I did the beta order on New Years Day and my brain did not start working again until the 3rd or 4th, lol, so I never really picked up on the fact that there was add ons. My payment was already made through PP but if there are some extras I can add on let me know and I will email you to add them on and make payments for them, I don't want to bother you with an email ATM since I am sure you are very busy.

As far as frosted goes I love the look when clean but I don't even buy clear glass since it looks dirty moments after use. I was sold on black from the moment you posted Darth Vader pics ( my sons favorite super villain).

Honestly $300 seems very reasonable to me, heck I thought $250 was amazing and then you made improvements to the design and I am sure this beta testing is costing you all some coin. Hell I spend more on carts per year on my portable oil vapes then this unit will cost. I am honored to be able to beta test this unit and will take the task very seriously, I will vape non stop until the job is done, and then I will vape some more.

Straight tube, people are always looking for glass at a goos price so if it complements the Versa then I bet it would sell. For me I like custom glass from blowers who understand air flow and art, Dave Park ( I called him Bob Park earlier in this thread, sorry Dave) is someone I am currently obsessed with his colors, shape, and performance of his nail rigs, a buddy and me buy up about a 1/4 of his work each year. I would still consider something from you if it complemented the Versa though and was not clear, black would be my choice to match the Versa I ordered.

A little about me. I go through 4-8g of oil a week and I like change, hence why I have multiple oil rigs and portable vapes. I am anal about cleanliness, germ free sharing, purity of flavor, and ease of keeping things this way. I personally don't mind a learning curve but have found that sharing and recommending units to others they want simple straight forward use of a unit and don't want to learn new methods. I keep trying to find a vape that these right hand coast folks with deep roots to combustion will like and have high hopes for the Versa. Flower is not something I use very much but definitely will put it through the tests since most people I know that is their prefered method of medication. Edit: you are offering a device that will allow me to vape flower out of my antique hookah, blow vape into a bag or as I prefer through a tube straight into my lungs, vape concentrates, and use a multitude of glass to deliver it.

I like the design, it might be the answer to converting combusters of 25+ years to vapers!? The Versa has versatility as well. Anxiously waiting to put this vape through its paces.

Edit: I am not someone that cares for pre order or other names to get money up front for an upcoming product. Leiana has been so up front with getting input and then the change comes from many inputs from this thread, that is pretty amazing.

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
The transparency with which Leiana and Versa are developing this product, in conjunction with the ideas expressed by the vaping community in this thread, is awesome to see. And it's impressive how seriously they take the suggestions and how quickly they respond to those ideas.

Okay, enough ass kissing... lol... I know it sounds that way but those are my true feelings about observing this thread so far.

Anyway, I would agree with others, an isolated air path is important to compete with the best.

BTW, all invoices haven't gone out yet have they? Just asking because I haven't received anything.

Leiana

Manufacturer
The transparency with which Leiana and Versa are developing this product, in conjunction with the ideas expressed by the vaping community in this thread, is awesome to see. And it's impressive how seriously they take the suggestions and how quickly they respond to those ideas.

Okay, enough ass kissing... lol... I know it sounds that way but those are my true feelings about observing this thread so far.

Anyway, I would agree with others, an isolated air path is important to compete with the best.

BTW, all invoices haven't gone out yet have they? Just asking because I haven't received anything.
Yep All invoices have gone out! Now I am ordering any parts left that we need.

Uh oh.... China
Looks like we are doing deals with China for glass adapters.... I can't believe it but seriously here is the scoop:
We pay anywhere from 8 to 16 dollars per bowl in America. American borosilicate and Schott tubing with joints costs us a mortgage plus labor. So we decided, to lower costs on bowls and adapters alone (due to their high break-ability) we should just out-source them.
If we want to deliver the $250 price point while giving you as many adapters as possible we must get those prices down.
We dont want to lose the American vaporizer claim so we wont be building the glass body in China regardless of its price, for now. The glass body alone costs $50 USD at our current manufacturer. Huge costs for that Schott tubing.
The electronics are something that we definitely cant lose the American quality on because without prime quality control, you get returns and failures. I've seen companies create reliable businesses on that American quality and then transition to Chinese manufacturing on the wrong parts and ruin their reputation. 25% return rate is not uncommonly seen. You life and you learn, right? I think the biggest issue with overseas manufacturing is quality control. You really need to live there to ensure the production quality.

I'm just talking now.:horse:

Ahhh, the life of an ever changing business.

Monday is coming! We are all ready to hit the pavement at 8AM.
Stay tuned. I'll have updates on the SwapDrive connection soon.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I'm not fond of the general durability of Chinese boro.
Having said that, I think using china glass for bowls/adapters only to keep costs down is okay.
I do have a few china glass adapters I've had no worries with.

Perhaps down the line you could still offer as an optional accessory 'HD' heavy duty versions (made from Schott or Simax) of the bowls/adapters?

Leiana

Manufacturer
I'm not fond of the general durability of Chinese boro.
Having said that, I think using china glass for bowls/adapters only to keep costs down is okay.
I do have a few china glass adapters I've had no worries with.

Perhaps down the line you could still offer as an optional accessory 'HD' heavy duty versions (made from Schott or Simax) of the bowls/adapters?
We can get heavy duty chinese pieces made of 2.5mm tubing. Thats very thick for a bowl. The standard is 1.5 to 1.8. The margins will still be good if we go thicker from the beginning but all beta units will have american tubing

BHO vaping repost
The first video as well

Last edited:

SD_haze

Yep All invoices have gone out! Now I am ordering any parts left that we need.

Uh oh.... China
Looks like we are doing deals with China for glass adapters.... I can't believe it but seriously here is the scoop:
We pay anywhere from 8 to 16 dollars per bowl in America. American borosilicate and Schott tubing with joints costs us a mortgage plus labor. So we decided, to lower costs on bowls and adapters alone (due to their high break-ability) we should just out-source them.
If we want to deliver the $250 price point while giving you as many adapters as possible we must get those prices down.
We dont want to lose the American vaporizer claim so we wont be building the glass body in China regardless of its price, for now. The glass body alone costs $50 USD at our current manufacturer. Huge costs for that Schott tubing.
The electronics are something that we definitely cant lose the American quality on because without prime quality control, you get returns and failures. I've seen companies create reliable businesses on that American quality and then transition to Chinese manufacturing on the wrong parts and ruin their reputation. 25% return rate is not uncommonly seen. You life and you learn, right? I think the biggest issue with overseas manufacturing is quality control. You really need to live there to ensure the production quality.

I'm just talking now.:horse:

Ahhh, the life of an ever changing business.

Monday is coming! We are all ready to hit the pavement at 8AM.
Stay tuned. I'll have updates on the SwapDrive connection soon.
I use cheap Chinese adapters with my nice American glass. They definitely work *fine*!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I received my invoice last night. Very exciting! It's the first time I've been able to be a beta tester. I hope it arrives before I have to go to the UK for two weeks for work. :\ Although I am excited to get to go there. :nod:

sasNW

Damn I'm soo disappointed I can't take part in the beta test anymore, having to back out. I got in at the last minute too , then 2 nights ago I tweaked my wrist picking up a damn house fan... Damn you arthritis at 24!. And had to go to my surgeon, and surgery #3 is needed ASAP:( Gonna need to scrape together all my money for dr bills and meds. I was so stoked to have something with high temps for a real medical patient, plus I've written quite a few reviews for meds at co ops so I was stoked to do my first vape write up. Already have some goodies stocked up. Sorry to be a downer haha still excited to see this eventually

Anywho best of luck to the versa team! :tup: I think we can all appreciate your activity on fc and willing to hear from potential customers in the design stages. This thing looks better everyday, I can't wait to see the reviews and I'll certainly be picking up one when I can afford the $300 down the road. Plus the concentrate bowl and hooka bowl would get used all the time with a few medical patients :drool: Can't wait to check it out. Good look on the release!!!

Leiana

Manufacturer
Keeping American Jobs
So here is the update. We are sourcing import borosilicate to use in American factories. That will lower costs but still keep it american made.

I have an image of the new joint connection for the Infinity heaters.

CAM011111-e1389077555358.jpg

(Engineer holding the new joint.)

VersaBowl, One bowl many choices.
We have a design that we just got a solidworks model for called "VersaBowl" . I cant let any info out about that until the end of January.

Back to the Joint
With this new joint design your heater covers will have more tensile strength & heat resistance at the joint than will ever need to be possible. That's not even plastic according to the manufacturer. He says thats what plastic used to be before todays plastic came around. Its some composite material that can withstand 200C safely before beginning to breaking down.

The distance from the heater to the connector makes this rating very useful, vertical or inverted. (Never leave a unit on concentrate mode unattended and upside down.)

I will show pictures of the wiring process once they get all of the pieces assembled.

How would you like it?
Do you want you units pre-assembled or in modules? We can include the instruction manual on how to put it together. Its very simple.

I want to thank all of you who have given input on this unit. We have alot of work to do before its done but good job so far!

:)

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Back to the Joint
Its some composite material that can withstand 200C safely before beginning to breaking down.

:)

Are you sure it is just 200 Degrees C?
Seems kind of low when our materials oils volatize at 190 Degrees C and up to over 200 Degrees C.

Hoping this is just a typo...

biohacker

Super stoked to get in on the beta testing program and very impressed with the professionalism and presence of Leiana here. I love her frequent informative updates and Versa sounds like a company that really values feedback. Payment was very effortless through paypal, and I think it is an incredible deal for what looks like a very promising product.

The Versa Infinity reminds me of the Herborizer XL. But the Herborizer can't milk that quickly and instead requires a couple of primer pulls, much like the VHW. With the high temp heaters of the Infinity, this looks exactly like the vape i've been looking for. I love that bowl concept, with the only thing between me and my meds are a stainless steel screen, or concentrates screen :)

Those videos are absolutely jaw dropping! Very nicely done....I look forward to everything your company and product bring in the future and can't wait to start testing. Much good karma to you.

Leiana

Manufacturer
Are you sure it is just 200 Degrees C?
Seems kind of low when our materials oils volatize at 190 Degrees C and up to over 200 Degrees C.

Hoping this is just a typo...
Hello All,

I think the temp at the "joint point" doesn't exceed 200C. Glass have not a big heat conductivity.
The distance between joint and heating point must be enough long for loose the heat.

UPDATE: IT SEEMS THAT PEOPLE THINK THAT THIS JOINT IN THE PICTURE ABOVE IS FOR THE BOWL CONNECTION. THATS NOT THE CASE, ITS THE CONNECTION TO HOLD THE HEATER COVER FOR THE HEATING ELEMENT.

LaFouine had it right. The joint is too far away from the heating element to reach 200C even on concentrates mode.

Remember the video of the girl holding the vape on concentrates mode when taking the hit? We measured over 750F on that video. Even with that heat the whole lower 4.5 inches of the unit are 80F and below. We measured it with the temp gun.

IMG_9669-e1389114233191.jpg

IMG_9670-e1389114316856.jpg

(The temp gun maxes out at 750F, picture taken once the trigger is released meaning its not live data.)

The whole lower 4.5 inches of the unit are 80F and below. This joint is located near the bottom of the unit. 75mm / 2.95 inches from the bottom to be exact. Even on concentrates mode, if you touch the outer glass around the top, it wont burn your skin, it'll be hot but it wont burn you. That is due to the volumetric heat capacity of the ceramic heater & its interaction with the glass. The thermal inertia of the ceramic element is insignificant to this joints placement.

You'll enjoy the sturdiness this joint provides. You will never feel a glass joint so firm. Our
last prototype setup only provided 20Lbs of pressure before giving away. This is much higher.

We should have many units built by Sunday/Monday

Our baby is growing up.

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
What kills me is that I'll probably get this before I get my vapexhale, that I paid for like 3-4 months ago at least lol.

This company is doing product launching correctly. Make it work great, then give to betas to IMPROVE IT, not test if it even works, but improve it and tweak it. Then sell it.

I really have since soured on the idea of paying for something before it even exists these days.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been following this one for a while ... with the Ceramic element, it reminds me of a better MagikWand :)

The price point is excellent and I'm tempted to get one of these just for that reason alone as it seems like a good one to recommend for those on a budget but want glass!

I'm excited to see the halogen and titanium options!

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
This company is doing product launching correctly.

That is still to be seen, it is way too early to tell. I already think they shot themselves in the foot by stating the price point of $250 and then raising it. :shrug:

Hope they do succeed, really like the hands on approach to feedback on what the community wants and then seeing them implement it. :tup:

biohacker

That is still to be seen, it is way too early to tell. I already think they shot themselves in the foot by stating the price point of $250 and then raising it. :shrug:

I don't think they shot themselves in the foot at all. This is still just a thread candidate, and part of their transparency which has earned my respect and interest to be a beta tester. Furthermore, didn't they lower it right back after raising it?

Leiana says:

darkrom

Great Scott!

Hope they do succeed, really like the hands on approach to feedback on what the community wants and then seeing them implement it. :tup:

True no one has one yet, but short of the videos being trickery and lies, they have a product that delivers from the multiple videos I've seen.

Basically when I made this statement I was thinking of the grasshopper in particular lol. Their launch was "everyone give us money now, so we can make a product". Also those videos left me and others skeptical.

I just feel overwhelmingly good vibes about this product so far. I had promised myself no more early adopting, but I broke my rules for this one. It just feels like they are doing a lot of things correctly.

Leiana

Manufacturer
We are honoring the $250 price point. We just had to get creative on how to do that. It was a very large plan of implementation which I can share if you guys prefer. Well one point is that out Dewar joints cost $40 as a list price. So we innovated that connection and saved $25 a unit. We also switched to asian borosilicate for the bowls. We are only importing the raw material and we are having it blown right here in Berkeley, California. This lowers costs for you, us, and your replacements/upgrades if desired.

I am happy knowing that our efforts to open-source our process have gone appreciated here on the forum. We know we "should" release a product in a more anonymous fashion, in turn protecting our intellectual property more efficiently. (Final model will still be patented)
However, business isnt built on plastic, patents, and profit... its people, and we know that.

Thanks again FC, we will have more updates for you by the end of this day.

Top Bottom