Do you like our vaporizer so far?

• yep.

Votes: 113 72.0%
  • nope.

Votes: 47 29.9%

• Total voters

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I forgot to tell that part......I guess the unit is working ok....;)......

I put approx 0.05g in an elb lid inside the Versa flower bowl and roasted it at 60v w/boost. Seemed to be a more even roast for sure.

I will try a larger quantity to see if the green halo issue has improved. I am technically on the clock at work........

:science:

GSH

On a Möbius plane

I put approx 0.05g in an elb lid inside the Versa flower bowl and roasted it at 60v w/boost. Seemed to be a more even roast for sure.

I will try a larger quantity to see if the green halo issue has improved. I am technically on the clock at work........

Thanks for the updates man, sounds like the new heater could be a nice improvement :)

GSH,

Madcap79

I think so. As I said, I'll have more to report tonight. I think the larger hole also helps reduce drag when in boost. Need to do more testing.

Madcap79,

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I am not getting the focused heat halo anymore and I am not sure why. My versa has some extra breakage holes at the top as I have reported before, which don't seem to hinder performance. It developed extra holes over time from the cracks, and that's when I noticed no more halo, so I wonder if more holes at the top did something to the heat airflow.

Another thing is I've been putting an extra screen (the stiff vapir mesh ones) in the bowl to minimize kief gunking up the screen, which seems to push the herb to the outer circle and leave the middle bare with less material once I'm done hitting. This makes sense as the screen gives extra thick ness in the middle which will cause less restriction around the circumference.

I'm pretty sure one of these things or both are giving me more even browning. Now that I read what I wrote, it's more likely the extra screen rather than the holes. I'm also wondering if due to the bowl shape, having more restriction in the center may create some type of heat focus or airflow pattern that extracts better.

Whatever it is, I'm going to keep doing it because it works great.

Mister G,
Reactions: Madcap79

Madcap79

Definitely less drag in boost mode. Almost as free flowing as the Cloud or HI for comparisons sake. Still seems to extract well in boost at the 60v range and I can comfortably handle 2/3's of the body without fear of burn. Glad to have this one back in rotation. Cheers!

Doesn't seem to whitewall the bong as much using the original screen. At least not with a 45 degree stem. I will try 90 degree next. I am well medicated though. :whoa:

CheeseSandwich

I've been messing with mine again lately but still kinda getting the green halo issue but not as bad. It gets better with practice. I have the boost hole blocked like @GSH suggested and running it around 58 - 62 volts with an elb cap as a screen. I'm wondering if I could get away with drilling out the whole in my heating element? I don't want to shatter it tho.

CheeseSandwich,

GR

I've been messing with mine again lately but still kinda getting the green halo issue but not as bad. It gets better with practice. I have the boost hole blocked like @GSH suggested and running it around 58 - 62 volts with an elb cap as a screen. I'm wondering if I could get away with drilling out the whole in my heating element? I don't want to shatter it tho.

You could also create a hole in your boost cover to allow for some extra airflow.

Madcap79

Here is a couple of pics of the old and new heater. New element is on the right in both picture.

148geh4.jpg

2meb7g8.jpg

That's very unfortunate. It doesn't help the customer service aspect that's already being scrutinized.
Ah not to worry Madcap. It is a shame though. My unit is still going strong. I'm not using it as much now as I have some new toys. Of my 3 desktop units - E-nano, The Plenty and The Infinity there is no question in my mind that The Infinity hits the hardest. In fact I would say it is no contest in my humble opinion. The E-nano has it beat for flavor as does the Plenty but in terms of getting heavy vapor on demand The Infinity wins for me. Having said that Chris continues to perplex me with his particular brand of business acumen. It is hard for me to imagine this vaporizer ever actually making it into the marketplace. He keeps talking about needing more venture capital. One thing he does not know I was originally so impressed that I was going to ask him about that very topic. Thank Christ it never came to that. I've been looking for an opportunity to invest in the Vaporizer Industry for a while now but it is very hard to find genuinely attractive opportunities.

Madcap79

Ah not to worry Madcap. It is a shame though. My unit is still going strong. I'm not using it as much now as I have some new toys. Of my 3 desktop units - E-nano, The Plenty and The Infinity there is no question in my mind that The Infinity hits the hardest. In fact I would say it is no contest in my humble opinion. The E-nano has it beat for flavor as does the Plenty but in terms of getting heavy vapor on demand The Infinity wins for me. Having said that Chris continues to perplex me with his particular brand of business acumen. It is hard for me to imagine this vaporizer ever actually making it into the marketplace. He keeps talking about needing more venture capital. One thing he does not know I was originally so impressed that I was going to ask him about that very topic. Thank Christ it never came to that. I've been looking for an opportunity to invest in the Vaporizer Industry for a while now but it is very hard to find genuinely attractive opportunities.
I hear ya! The Infinity does hit you hard for sure. His thin skin may be the death of the product though. It has great potential. Really all it needs is some fine tuning in its current form. At the voltage range I use it in there is virtually no heat issue and the new element with the ELB setup eliminated the hot spotting for me as well. Hot spotting wasn't a huge issue for me though because my logs seem to do it and I love them. We shall see what happens.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I'm glad it's not just me noticing the power in this unit's vape signature. It's extraction seems unique over other vaporizers that I've used too. I can't figure out why, though, I wish I had an Evo to compare with, as it seems to me the most similar of others to the Infinity. Honestly, when others describe vape effect as "punch in the face", I did not understand what that meant until I tried the Versa. Also, it's been over a month of daily use now and I have yet to build any tolerance to it.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
@Madcap79 how are you using the ELB?

I have actually just resorted to putting the ELB in the female end of the flower bowl and just letting it sit in there. I get much more even extraction and no hot spots, which happened a bit using just the ELB cap/dome screen :)

GSH,

Madcap79

@GSH

Here are a couple pics. I use a male/male adapter to set the ELB lid on and then set a fem/fem over it. Its limits bowl size obviously but it doesn't take much for me. Cheers!

1zxaxp5.jpg

293acn7.jpg

GSH

On a Möbius plane
@GSH

Here are a couple pics. I use a male/male adapter to set the ELB lid on and then set a fem/fem over it. Its limits bowl size obviously but it doesn't take much for me. Cheers!

1zxaxp5.jpg

293acn7.jpg
Thanks for the pics mate :D

How do you find the new heater? Any noticeable difference aside from no hot spots?

Dr. Plutonious

Is there anyone with an Evo and an Infinity for some comparisons? The only vape I've seen so far with similar output to Vapexhale's stuff is the Sublimator.

TheSkipper

Smooth sailing while I'm inhaling... VAPOR
Is there anyone with an Evo and an Infinity for some comparisons? The only vape I've seen so far with similar output to Vapexhale's stuff is the Sublimator.
I will chime in. The Versa is my permanent e nail. The EVO I only use for flower.

Often the Versa would roast my flower unevenly but for concentrates it performed magnificently.

My EVO is better than anything I have tried at vaping my herbs perfectly, but getting it to fully vape my concentrates was difficult (doable, and very tasty, but not quite like dabbing off a nail+lots of residue)

The versa generate such an intense hot spot that it is perfect from my concentrates. I consistently keep it 108 volts and supplies the same affect of a nail only its electric so no torch and IMO its a little tastier.

I will supply video and more info if anyone wants, I have been very busy later so I have not been on this thread much. It appears I missed alot.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
There appear to be two user solutions to get more even browning and eliminate the hotspot - Madcap rigs an adapter with a elb lid/dome screen and I put a thick mesh screen on top of the stock Versa bowl screen (forces the air flow to the outer circumference).

It seems every vape I own requires some fine tuning - I used a similar screen setup with the Sublimator atomizer and for my Pinnacle pro I put an NO2 hat screen on my bullets.

Mister G,
Reactions: grokit

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
If you look at my signature you'll see I own a Cloud+ & EVO and some others. I find IMHO, the Infinity is a heavy hitter. I tried some times a Sublimator too.
I liked my Infinity a lot till it broke. Long story short, I'll wait till someone do an upgraded as cheap as the Infinity was.
Here's is IMO the best way to use the flower bowl and load as much as an ELB can hold full. Massive rips this way....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/versa-infinity-the-glass-vaporizer.12033/page-56#post-547144

Stay vaped...

Last edited:
Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom