Verdamper vaporizer

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
ahoy there,
i have the feeling i am not really on topic, sorry for that.
1. the silicone tube that is used is of the highest medical grade of silicone, so it is used in hospital/chemical equipment too.
2. we use this in public places, so the joint between the botle and the inhal tube is not solid.
3. they wil be offered in the verdampershop within a month because the demand is big for this part.
4. we wil also ofer a complete flexible tube for people who lay down in bed ore sofa.
5. sorry that it looks like a prototype for some people, but after 12 years we are very sure that it worx.
6. the heating element is, during the production, heated up with 100 volts, and the idea behind that is that this is the moment that all the oxidizing happens. so when the customer uses it at 12 volts, there will be no new oxide anymore.
7. Yes, officially this still has to be tested, the problem is: money,freaknessship and lots of weed that have to be vaporized first.(bad joke) but in the future, when Evert listens better ro me, this kind of testing will take plkace.
8. the heat. WQe are continuously working and testing the maximum temperature. For years ago Evert took the maximum of 202 degrees celcius. temperature measured exactly between the herbs.
becuase he ( and i) think that above this temperature, the taste is influenced by "something"else
we call it "the french toast"taste. it is like bread ore nuts are burned, the "bad tatse begins above the 200 degrees.
And a year agon there has been research where the lab guys found out that above 200 degrees "some other toxic elements start to be in your vapor.
so yes mostly the feel lead to our desision that the temp must not be higher.
And if you think there's still cannabinoids in your herb we advise you to make ABV receipes.
9. Evert is one of the first medical pioneers in the netherlands. So for the last 10 years we try to help patients, so we are confronted often with the bedrocan products( gamma irradiated medical weed from the duth government) over the years we had to cry often for the sick people that they get offered weed that doesn't work for them.
for that reason we are really NOT HAPPY with all the systems that want to surpress the free and good medicinal weed for patients.
so it was the stubbornness of an activist to refuse to give de verdamper a medical prove, when the volcano promoted itself as a proper medical device...
so now Bedrocan is the dutch dealer of the german Volcano.
The governement Never contacted us to inform theirselves about de verdamper.
so the never realized the (medical) importance of the water.

i wish you all a dampfull 2016

Mr.Sifter

Hello Hans,

oh, you are on topic. spot on.

You touched many topics that i am wondering about.

Did I unterstand this correctly, you will be offering a silicone mini tube for attachment between the bootle and the sucking tube to make it bendable? This would be very nice.

Do you have any proof that no more outgasing or oxidation takes place after you treated the nichrome wire with 100V ?

A "lab tested" Sticker would be very neat. Not because of the sticker but because one could be shure not to damage oneself with potential harmfull substances. I know we are sourrounded by many many toxines and stuff but a clinical vaporizer should not produce harmfull substances by its heating element. That should be tested and guranteed.

So the heating element is set to warm up the herbs to 202°C? I mean not the temperature on the heating wire but the temperature in the herbs.
You are right, other Vapos like the 'cano heat up to a maximum of 226°C and here you get the popcorn or roaasted bread aroma. But the effects are different aswell. it feels more complete.
by how much degrees one can increase the temperature by placing the hand on the top ?

what do you mean by gamma irradiated weed ?
to my knowledge bredocan is a dutch company.
what's wrong with their products?

The Volcano did not promote itself as a medical grade unit.
It was tested by the university of Leiden Neatherlands.
I smell you are refering to some kind of conspiracy against the Verdamper in favour to the german Volcano.
Do I understand you correctly ?

Why do you wait for the bedrocan company to come to you?
They have a high grade working and tested unit.

Mr.Sifter,

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
izza vroom vroom with amnesia and yes,
high Mr, Sifter,

1.yes this attachement can be placed between the botle and the glass "tube out"
also a 65 cm long fully silicone tube with glass joint to fit on the bottle.
2.yeah man, that sticker is my way also, but sofar it was too complex for Evert to achieve; he rather uses de verdamper.
But i try to manage it this year, because it is one of the last questionmarks one can have with our product.
once you've tried it, you don't see the problem anymore(lol)
3. using the hand makes a difference of 15 degrees
4. personaly i think there is a lot wrong with the bedrocan weed; it is hydro grown, mineral nutrition,bulbs without daylight, harvested too young and dried too fast.
then it is gamma radiated, what causes a loss of terpenes and oxidation of the tricomes.
the co owner and founder of bedrocan is the owner of the lab in leiden, so yes there might be a mix of intrest.

The reason why de verdamper is not more into this professional world is because Evert is too much an activist for that, and not enough biznis man.
so no, i don't want to imply some syndicate conspiracy against de verdamper, hehehe
we are just users and lovers of the plant and we think that helping patients is our most important goal.
and yes, sometimes we are against something and we'll let you know.
and no; not everybody is happy with that.
And besides that a part of the patients are happy wih the bedrocan products,
the video below shows the opinion of the greatest part of their users.

Mr.Sifter

Hello Hans,

when will the bendable silicone junction between the bottle and the sucking tube be available in your shop ?

Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

Ok, it's in the shop now.
but shipping is more expensive than the item.
can't you ship within europe as a letter für 2-3€ ?

and a picture of the item would be nice

aaaaand, i have a suggestion to make:

can you make a top that goes over the silicone at the top of the heating element.
Placing your hand there can get very hot.
It would be nice to have a medically tested save material to put on top so you can always have that 10-15°C extra for extracting more of the material.

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

hello,

how much energy does the verdamper consume ?
Do you leave it on all day ?

What kind of material should be used to make a heat cap on top of the heating element ?

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
yes, we always send with track and trace , except from the screens.
de verdamper takes about ten minutes to warm up,
and yes, there some designs for the top, but it is very important that the airflow stays in the heating element so for that reason a lit always has to come up after use.
If you cannot put your hand on the heating element then there's a problem cause the heat is too high,
it mustn't be any problem to cover the element with your hand.
We strongly advise the user to use de verdamper first on a low temperature
and slowly play the temp up.
on this way the terpenes stay in the vape for a longer time.
if you immediately cover the element, you'll burn of all the subtle goodies at once.

de verdamper uses 12 volts x 5 ampere makes 60 Va=60 watt
for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week that makes 4,2 Kwh.
in holland that would cost 12,85 eurocents for 10 hours of vapor,
In the states about wooohaaaa,wowowow:rofl::clap::wave::rockon:
does it really cost 0.08913 dollar for one kWh?
so i can verdamp in the states for only 38 cents a week??
that makes 5 cents a day???
So in the states i can buy 7 cents of weed more a day!! and vape for freedom?

Rosin

Still love my Verdamper after a decade, despite having lost a few parts over the years to clumsiness.

Maybe not the most efficient if you're short on flowers but definitely one of the most pleasant to use and hardest hitting.

Rosin,

MinnBobber

in holland that would cost 12,85 eurocents for 10 hours of vapor,
Hi,
are you in Amsterdam? I'm coming in May and can't wait.
Last time, La Tertulia (Prinsengracht 312 )had a Verdamper and I love their shop and using it was awesome.
Was with my buddy who at 65 had never had cannabis---odd---.
So we were sharing De Verdamper and I ask if he feels anything yet and he says,
"Gee no I don't think I feel anything yet....pause.... giggle giggle giggle smile

Any other "chill, non -touristy" shops have Verdampers?

Care to meet at La Tertulia or another shop to share a bowl?
Any suggestions on where to best rent a bike for 6 days?

I love Amsterdam. We're staying out by Kashmir but have not tried it yet

MinnBobber,
Reactions: VegNVape

Rosin

Hi,
are you in Amsterdam? I'm coming in May and can't wait.
Last time, La Tertulia (Prinsengracht 312 )had a Verdamper and I love their shop and using it was awesome.
Was with my buddy who at 65 had never had cannabis---odd---.
So we were sharing De Verdamper and I ask if he feels anything yet and he says,
"Gee no I don't think I feel anything yet....pause.... giggle giggle giggle smile

Any other "chill, non -touristy" shops have Verdampers?

Care to meet at La Tertulia or another shop to share a bowl?
Any suggestions on where to best rent a bike for 6 days?

I love Amsterdam. We're staying out by Kashmir but have not tried it yet

Try Katsu Koffeeshop, they have a Verdamper and a great selection at good prices.

It's mainly occupied by locals, it's out near De Pijp and is just off the Albert Kuyp Markt which is another must see if visiting Amsterdam.

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
Thyme,Hysop,lavender.mint,mayweed can be vaperized
with each different qualities of healing esoteric oils

De Verdamper,

Mr.Sifter

Are these herbs suitable for the damper's temperature range?

I am enjoying pulling clouds.

Mr.Sifter,

MinnBobber

http://vaporizer-info.com/en/vaporizing-temperatures

those mentioned herbs are not suitable in the dampr !
..................................................................................
Do you realize that Verdamper has greater temp than needed for any of those herbs so it will work?
200 C / 392 F is higher than any needed temp.

Temp can be higher andstill work fine.
If vape temp is too low, then that is a "no go" :)

Example of THC:
THC - 157 °C.
Verdamper at 200C /392 F works fine for THC ;)

Last edited:
MinnBobber,

Mr.Sifter

oh yes?
ever tried to vape mint in a vape that is set to 400° K ?
enjoy, it tastes gross.

try it in a vape that is at a lower temp and it's nice

Mr.Sifter,

MinnBobber

Verdampers 200C and plus 15 boost with restricting airflow are the max temps you can attain in the bowl.

Lesser temps in a convection vape are attainable by;
- draw technique/ sipping as convection takes a few seconds to get herb up to max temp or
- equipment technique of intermittently removing/replacing the heating unit as this effectively lowers temp too
- start before it has had 10 minutes to warm up

lower effective temps are doable if you play with it

EDIT: somehow got to videos of Verdamper in action and they made me miss the old girl.
And miss Amsterdam after watching Evert (Mr. Verdamper) at the Any Day Coffee Shop.

It's a bit big and cumbersome but a classic winner in it's own niche. I only used one in AMS and it was great!!

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: Rosin

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
Let there be no misunderstanding: The maximum temperature is 202 degrees Celcius.
but it is very easy to vapor on a much lower temperature, what has to do with how hard you inhale and how long you inhale.
So vaping on 100 degrees is no problem.

Apart from all the nice displays with flashy colors and nice numbers
the most important is to stay in touch with your feelings and taste.
So keep on testing, don't stare to long to statistics, taste and feel the herbs!!

Mr.Sifter

It's a bit silent here.
Let me change that with a short impression:

img_2874fhkpo.jpg

Mr.Sifter

hello dampers,

can someone explain to me how to disconnect the two wires from the heating element?

I want so soak the glass tube in ISO

Mr.Sifter,

De Verdamper

Hans de Verdamper
Manufacturer
that is simple, but the only problem that you can meet is the silicone ring. because it will be attached to the glas piece, (by the heat of the element)
so gently try to lift this piece, and then you can clean the glass

De Verdamper,
Reactions: Alexis

Mr.Sifter

that is simple, but the only problem that you can meet is the silicone ring. because it will be attached to the glas piece, (by the heat of the element)
so gently try to lift this piece, and then you can clean the glass

I did remove the big silicone ring.
Beneath is the heating wire and a thin glass stick that holds the wire in place.
I have difficulties to remove the two cables from the wire so i can pull the red cord out of the glass handle.

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,
Top Bottom