Venus Vaporizer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Please get back to discussing the Venus. Our rule is:
  • Topics concerning the cultivation of cannabis are not permitted.
Thanks for your cooperation.

pakalolo,

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Fallen yesterday from 120 cm (without the glass top which was in my hand :doh:) on my bathroom's floor ( hard floor of course)

I hope I won't do it again …..but the badboy still works as new ,no visible mark …..this thing is a tank …..a lovely tank …..

Remember : GLASS TOP HANDLING SUCKS

Grange Goreman,

Hung

Hi I ordered the same vaporizer and thought your glass mod was excellent Grange, I was wondering if you could give me a link to where I might find the parts ty.

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Hi Hung !

You did a nice choice when ordered this baby ……thanks for your comment …

Shifu is absolutely right , you can find jars that fit everywhere ( the cubic one was an italian olive sauce ) ……but I think the original ones are those who offer the best sessions….

Grange Goreman,

Hung

Thanks but no that's not the parts I meant , I had one of the original soldering iron jelly jar vap's I thought they were cool in there day , but I meant the mod where you made it 98% glass on glass by inserting a glass tube where the wip goes and what looks like a small glass pipe inside the dome.
I don't have anything like that lying around so if you can remember where you got it and shoot me some links I would really appreciate it, I think the designer of this unique vaporizer should take notice off your mod.

Hung,

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
My bad sorry !

the horizontal part is a tube coming from a Vapo2 bulb

the glass pipe is a modified elbow originally used in the arizer Extrem Q .

Grange Goreman,
Reactions: Hung

Hung

I'm not familiar with what a vapo2 bulb is but ill see if I can order thoes parts separately thanks, by the way do you think that these glass screens will fit the venus stash bowl ?
http://www.amazon.com/Honeycomb-Screens-3-7-9mm2mm-screens-glass/dp/B00CHGDHDC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385775797&sr=8-3&keywords=honeycomb glass screen

OH never mind now I see that's way to small to bad they don't make them bigger, thanks for the help will let you know when the vap gets hear and how it compares to the vaporfection happy holidays

Last edited:
Hung,

Hung

Well to my surprise it's already in the U.S. At costumes, hopefully I won't be going through what our poor French friend had to go through, HOPEFULLY :(

I would like to ask VilleKille2 or anyone who knows the battery compartment layout if there's an air path to the heat chamber , I know there has to be wires going there so if so can it be siliconed by the end user in a fashion to prevent possible leakage and or out gasing should the batteries ever malfunction.

I would also suggest that one be marketed without the batteries for those who don't care about portability or just don't want to spend that much.

I also agree with Grange that the beautiful dome is at least partially responsible for lack of sales in the U.S., When I buy accident saw a picture of it while looking at other vaps on youtube I almost just kept looking thinking it was just another soldering iron vap but that pretty friend of villekille2 caught my eye and made me take a closer look and even though I couldn't understand the language I could see that this wasn't just another one of those so I started googuling and found this forum.

Now I think I've seen just about all the videos and have noticed that the one with the girl has over 5000 hits which is like five times that of any of the others proving that Americans are sexually repressed and starved for IT :::::::::::::: )

In order to avoid confusion with older technology dome vaporizers, In future pictures and videos try to have the caption " advanced technology vaporizer" also make the lights dim and have the illustrating female position her breasts so the dome is in the center glowing and illuminating them.
I know that sounds like some sexually repressed American rambling but since soldering irons vap's don't glow you should get their attention and make that point from the first visual of the product.

I noticed one of your videos was narrated by an english speaking female , she sounded very professional I would definitely use her again hopefully she has big boobs :)

Outside of offering a couple of glass tubes as an upgrade kit to make the mode that Grange illustrated I can't think of anything that would make this any more perfect than it already is.

In fact I found it quite amusing that a company marketing a 750$ vaporizer called" Herbalizer Vaporizer"and boasting of having 2 aerospace engineers on their team would be outdone by some nobody in Finland who just got up one morning and decided to make a better vaporizer lol.

Both vaporizers use halogen bulbs but im sure there's uses more watts which concerns me because as you can see in the first of the two links it looks like a cheap plastic CD player and the hose connects far too close to the heated material and that's only what I can see I have no idea what's going on inside , and unlike your dome oriented model there's no way to see when the material is getting too dry and starting to combust so you can't really avoid inhaling that combusted material, and to top it off its not even portable. Enjoy

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
I already thought about a no battery model …..I think it can be a nice idea ! …..the way i use my actual VV ,the battery is a nice plus ( my session follows me everywhere ! no more problem when my GF begins with her favorite " can you …..?" but it's not the thing that makes this device so good ……halogen does.

I hope you'll get your device soon and enjoy it …..

Last edited:
Grange Goreman,

Hung

Yes I believe halogen is the wave of the future for vaporizers

It's just a much more elegant solution , I see the Canadians have one now it's made of metal and about the size of a hat box lol, I don't think the Venus has anything to worry about their , out of the four or five other halogen based vaporizers I have seen only the original aromed 4.0 looks worthy of consideration and I stopped considering it when I saw the beautiful Venus.

And thanks I hope it comes soon two. Do you know if tracking stops at customs or continues? 'cause I have no way of knowing if it's still there or on its way , when you finally got yours did the tracking go all the way to your door?

O and did you see the battery Compartment When you did your mod ? Was it well insulated from the air path ?

Last edited:
Hung,

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Tracking stopped when it leaved Finland.

Batteries can be seen at the back on the unit through the fresh air intake ……It's my only grief about this device …..but after a conversation on this subject with the manufacturer , I don't really worry now.

Grange Goreman,

Hung

Thanks a lot Grange I feel a lot better knowing it's normal to stop at customs.

As far as the batteries are concerned I hope that conversation you had involved the words "guaranteed not to leak", not that I believe it would be the end of the world
but having had myself and my dog contract the same exact cancer at the same exact time due to exposure to an air cleaner I think I'm understandably very suspicious of new technologies.

If you want to know more just googel "What Happened to Ionic Breeze?" unfortunately even though the company was put out of business a dozen more some of which probably owned by the same bottom feeders took there place , isn't capitalism wonderful !

Long story short they gave me 50/50 odds and said they would have to throw the book at me and for three months I felt like a redshirt in a hellraiser movie and for six months afterwards I could barely raise my arms over my head and I've lost 50% of my saliva glands but there surprised I didn't lose them all along with half the teeth in my mouth but I have all of them as well and its dam good to be alive:)

Technically I won't be out of the woods for another three years but each year my odds get better unfortunately my dog didn't get the same odds they said the same disease progresses much faster in dogs and only gave him 2 to 6 months with radiation and cemo but to there surprise he;s still alive over a year and 1/2 later but I fear for a Christmas present I'm going to have to put him out of his misery he's just not a happy puppy anymore.

But I digress I don't want to bring everybody down the Venus looks like a great product I just want everybody to know that had I been more vigilant about a product that the manufacture was assuring me was safe I wouldn't have to look at my pour suffering dog with tears in my eyes thinking what an asshole I am.

Now I'm sure those batteries are perfectly safe under the ass of someone on a motorcycle and probably safe in the Venus but I doubt that the manufacturer ever envisioned that application so I would recommend for peace of mind of your customers Villekille2 that you continue venting the batteries out the back but seal them off from the airpath and alternately opened an airpath from underneath , you may have to put on some rubber feet if you don't already have them to ensure an airspace but I think this could be a solution.

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Wow …..sad story bro.

this is what Ville says about his batteries and VV conception.

" I don't know about the danger of our batteries, afterall they just sit
there inside their holes with the back ends of them exposed and since they
are fully sealed cells with the outer sealed shell made of steel, I would
not be too worried about them. But to make things more clear, one of the
reasons why I designed the Venus the way I did, was because I used to have
extremely difficult condition called Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. That
meant that any contaminants, chemicals, gasses or allergens could very
easily trigger very uncomfortable reactions within my body. So with each
product and item I would buy I have to be careful to not get troubles, as
especially nowadays with chinese mass production for the lowest cost
possible many products are not very nice to me. And for that reason I
preferred to be very careful with materials..all very carefully thought
out. Even soldering tin we have bought the most advanced I could import
from the USA after testing them and finding out lots of differences in the
chemical composition of them. But that affects mostly the production time
healthiness as we are cleaning possible residues after working on them to
make sure there are nothing to end up in the lungs of the user. And most
soldering connections are sealed with so called vacuum socks, I don't know
the correct english word..and even those traditionally use some strong
glue but we chose some special ones that while considerably more expensive
seemed to be safest alternative. The end panels could be fixed with screws
but for the ease of manufacturing and looks, we chose to use something
else. It is not glue but something close to that, normally used in
construction business and here in Finland these things are important to
people and this particular fixation paste we use has the highest rating of
"M1 class" meaning it is tested not to put out harmful gases or chemicals
during its lifetime. But about batteries, probably most common ones in
electronics today are the lithium ion polymer batts, but those I don't
seem to be able to tolerate, they leak always some strange somewhat sweet
smell out of them but so far my experience with these A123 technologies
Lifepo cells has been a very good one, the only thing I don't like is the
fact that they are not too cheap but that's how the world works, good
things have their price :) But of course the best possible product could
have more direct air path and if that's really something you'd like to
modificate, we could always send you an extra back panel…."

Hung

Wow Grange, I'm liking this guy more and more a businessman that actually takes the time to talk to his customers like real people I think that's illegal in this country lol.

Normally I take things manufacturers say with about 2000 grains of salt but this guy sounds like he's talking from the hip.

I'm sorry to hear that he has an immune system disorder that seems to be getting more and more common these days along with cancer rates . Living more organically is our only hope.

I love technology but competitive capitalism and big corporations seem to spend more money on advertising lawyers and bullshit than they do on the actual products which end up inferior or worse hazardous to your health.

I'm glad to hear he offers an extra back panal I would be more than glad to pay for that in fact after my Venus gets hear and I thoroughly check it out I think I'll order another one along with an extra panal so I can experiment with one and have the other to fall back on should my experiments fail:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hung,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Grange,

...I preferred to be very careful with materials... ...good things have their price :) But of course the best possible product could have more direct air path and if that's really something you'd like to modificate, we could always send you an extra back panel…"

Still posting the facts, for our own benefit. I like that!!
41.gif

Now here comes the good news and the bad news, or more precisely my personal interpretation of it...

The good news relates to spare parts, the bad ones have to do with perceptions which i don't expect to change after i read that letter.

Thanks for that fine piece of information in any case!!

:peace:

Egzoset,

Hung

Glory hallelujah aliens from Venus are at my door!, At first I was scared but then I realized all aliens from Venus are female and have six breasts to 2 on the back for dancing and anal sex :::::::::::::::::)

This is the first time I'm looking forward to being analy probed

OK first off fire whoever does the packing worst packing job ever, I can't believe it made it all the way over from Finland in one piece or I should say 2 pieces the dome and vap where just bouncing around with just a few pieces of brown paper around them.

Now as far as the vaporizer itself is concerned I was expecting a solid quality product and I wasn't disappointed it feels and looks very well made .

Now while I was warming it up I noticed quite a bit of fuming and even after the 5 minute burn in period , now maybe it just had a lot of manufacturing oils but I also noticed the bulb wasn't in the center of the screen it was like leaning on the sleeve so I tried to pull the sleeve out to center it but it wouldn't remove am I just supposed to take off the screen itself ?

Maybe somebody can enlighten me please , should I just unscrew the stainless steel base? That looks like it should be easier for changing the bulb .

I'm anxious to really test this thing so if someone can get back to me I would really appreciate it, I tried calling the number at their website but the recording said it wasn't in service .

Hung,

Hung

Scratch my last post got it sorted, while I'd still like to know the easiest way to get to the bulb I mean if I take off the screen it don't look like it would be that easy to get back on from that position, but the fuming was coming from the bowl till I removed it, it run just fine after that so I gave the bowl a double burn in and rinsed it,
Now for my test results!

I've used soldering irons vaps, the hot box , the noble, the natural goods, double vap wood box, and vaporfection,

The Vaporfection was a quality item but forced air vaps are just lame :(

Compared to the Venus all the above vaps are dinosaurs,

The Venus works like all the others claim too.

I couldn't believe how many times I hit on it and it didn't burn!
When it finally did I could see it coming through that cool dome and simply avoided most of it.
Draw was effortless and cool, hook up your favorite water bong and you're in seventh heaven.
now this was my first time using it so when I get more familiar with this thing its going to be a really refreshing experience.

I'm so tired of fighting with vaporizers and getting smoke in my face this was a really unique experience.:)

My hat's off to the man from Finland!

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Hung,

...I'd still like to know the easiest way to get to the bulb...

Here's a picture which Grange posted just 2 pages ago:

It seems to me this image speaks for itself since we can see 4 screws have been removed to reveal the halogen bulb located under a central metal assembly...

Egzoset,

Hung

Thanks man and salutations to you too, I remember those picks and that cool glass mod Grange made,

I was just hoping somebody knew a secret why to pull that steal sleave off. but 4 screws is not a big deal it's
not like I'm going to be going in there every day ,

Like everybody who gets one I love this thing, I Gotta go back and test it some more make sure I'm not dreaming :)

thanks again

Hung,

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Hi Venus boys !

removing the screws is the only way to access the bulb ( mine isn't at the center but works perfectly).

I 'm happy to see you appreciate the VV as I do …..

execution quickness ,vapor thickness , lengthiness both taste and session ……that's the Venus vaporizer !

PS @Hung : you were not dreaming , this baby is real ! but i wouldn't blame you to test it more precisely .

Grange Goreman,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Hung,

...I remember those picks and that cool glass mod Grange made...

Oh, then you must have noticed that the temperature sensor remains to be illustrated so far. I can't find it myself, maybe you would be able to identify it for me when you look under?...

;)

I was just hoping somebody knew a secret why to pull that steal sleave off.

Ah, if i understand correctly it's a matter of convenience. Good point! At least it's quite possible there doesn't need to be 4 screws exactly: i figure only 1 might suffice after some mild construction changes and such single fixation point wouldn't even have to be a screw at all... I see!

One more question, i wonder... Does it look like an adapted tool might prove useful during replacement of the halogen bulb?

Egzoset,

Hung

Yes Grange I do love the Venus if it was legal I would marry her but as it stands I'm quite happy to live in sin with her Muhahahah

As far as your question Egzoset I would love to take her apart and take pictures and post but every time I get near it Her siren song makes me umm, test it again:)
now in relation to a modified tool for pulling the bulb I think it's a very good question because I know from experience if natural oils from your hands gets on a Halogen bulb it can and will blow out quicker than shit.
Instruction papers recommends a crochet hook and I'm sure we all do crochet in our free time lol,

Now I like replacing the material in the bowl frequently so my only pet peeve was how long and hot the bowl stayed after vaporizing so I now use some wooden tongs to grab the bowl so I figure when it comes time to change the bulb I'll just put some rubber bands on the tongs and be good to go :)

The only complaint or criticism I've heard about the Venus is that because of its size it's not really stealthy.

But I disagree it was in fact a little smaller than I thought it would be and I would have no problem putting it in a small sling pack , than if you really wanna get stealthy just get an empty can of soda drill or punch a snug vapor wip size hole in the bottom and thread the wip up and out of the drinking spout at which point you will just look like you're sipping soda out of a straw :)

Personally I'm not big on vaping in public no matter how stealthy you might be depending on the wind the smell will always give you a way , and I know some people can handle it but I get lost driving a 1/2 block from my house so I'm not big on that either, I prefer the comfort and security of my home or a girlfriend's house at which point the Venus makes a perfect threesome:)

I'll try to post pictures of any mods I find the time to do, I'm just so backed up hear with stuff to do :(

Top Bottom