Various e-cig type Vaporizers

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Must use a new post sorry...

You know, my #1 pick is driving me crazy cleaning the top piece. Come on Cera/Omicron lets win this race. The beauty of these designs - the only mouth piece is the thing you put in your mouth. The top hat tubes just get in the way and collect wax. That's the beauty of the Omicron and I believe the Cera. the wax stays in the cart and/or tube.

PhotoRider,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
My Vaped Globe has a wick too that is a bit finicky when you play with it, as in it can break easily if you are not careful. At least that's my experience.

lesvape,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Nice reviews and thanks for shedding some light on a part of the field that I really haven't gotten a handle on yet. The vape pen segment has exploded but mostly because a lot of e-cig manufacturers are trying to get into the cannabis market with (sometimes badly) modified products. It's created a problem here at FC because it's tough sorting out the genuine products from the garbage, and we moderators don't have a lot of e-cig experience.

I was wondering if you've considered the Dabbler from Vapor Brothers. I'm getting one of these and it will be my first device of this type.
Great choice Pakalolo. I was lucky enough to have one gifted to me recently. The VB Dabbler has become my daily driver minus when I am home and do a dab or two with my Ti nail/bubbler. The taste is impeccable, I can really taste the flavor of my concentrates all the way thru the load. It has handled anything thrown at it, honeycomb, wax, shatter, without any hiccup. I only use quality concentrates thru it no reclaim. Be sure to take a peek at Vitolo's vids, especially the cartridge care/cleaning. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Keep us posted in the Dabbler thread. Really looking forward to your opinions.

Silver420Surfer,

baltik

+1 and the skillets also.

Right I simply pulled the wick out - doesnt hit as dense any more but I feel that the flavor is improved - no fouling etc

I actually carefully bent the coil down to the bottom of the ceramic piece

baltik,

arrr

Great info photorider. I have a 710m atomizer that i use with an ego twist. I noticed that ruvaped sells the atomizers much cheaper than 710m or vaporbrothers. I was wondering. f the quality of the ruvaped skillets are of the same quality as the 710m and if the top cone that i have for my 710m will fit on the ruvaped skillet.

Also if any Vape pen designer reads this, make a rebuildable skillet. It would be great if i could choose my own wick and it would make cleaning/reclaim easier.

OF please keep us posted on an adapter for the cera. Honestly im supprised some other company hasnt made an adapter yet. I want to use the cera eo cart with my vamo and provari

arrr,

PhotoRider

What are the threads/socket of the Cera? Is it a std?

I don't have a 710M to inspect, but I looked over one at a glass shop. It looked identifal to the ruvaped stuff. There are even cheaper ones on ebay (like $15 for the mouth piece/top hat and skillet complete). The ruvaped quality is as good as everything else I own. I have been using 2 skillets very heavy for a week and no issues. I did destroy a nail for the globe by destroying the wick by pulling it out thinking it was from the wax. They will not work w/o that wick. The coil burns up quickly because no wax... I bought 2 sets of the ebay stuff and it works well with the ruvaped stuff (just wanted a couple top hats. I think the ruvaped stuff matches the 710M in quality by inspection, but unti you use it and see the preformance (tste) and life you never know. However, the deign is the same so the main concern is teh quality of the components which takes trying it out. The ruvape stuff runs good.

BTW the threads on the top hat is a std 510 outer thread so it fits on a 510 battery so yes the 710M and RUVAPED stuff is interchangeable.

A custom skillet would be good. They cost $8.40 in a set of 5 so they are cheap enough to throw away for me.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: arrr

arrr

Thanks for the info again PhotoRider.

I wish i new what threads/socket the Cera was but i do not.

Also, where can you buy a set of 5 for $8.40 each on ruvaped site its $49.99 for 5.

arrr,

PhotoRider

Is it OK to post links to eaby auctions here? Not mine just found in research.

Mods edit this if over the line, but I didn't see anything the rules and I am still learning :)

This auction is for 5 at $42.50 + free shipping. They sell most of RUVAPE products, also if you want to try for even cheaper there is an off brand complete kit w/o battery for $15 + free shipping

Skillets
http://www.ebay.com/itm/33090851007...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Complete top:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251282787707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I purchase from both and both where good sellers for me. Can't tell any difference outside on the two except the labeling and packaging.

Oh, looking forward to heading to the Bay Area. Stopping by several farms to visit - Set up a met with Grace Farms and a good buddy I haven't seen in 3-4 years. To bad I'm from OR. When will the government(s) figure this out. Seems they know more the my OHSU doc's

PhotoRider,
Reactions: arrr

PhotoRider

3/8-24. Aren't you glad you asked?

Now you know.....

OF
Not sure what to do with that unless I had a milling machine and the knowledge to do it - the two connections must be isolated. I think its non trivial, but I'm not in the know. Cheaper to buy the base and wait for me :D

PhotoRider,
Reactions: OF

OF

Not sure what to do with that unless I had a milling machine and the knowledge to do it - the two connections must be isolated. I think its non trivial, but I'm not in the know.

Oh, I don't know, you might want to wonder over to the Cera thread and poke around a bit, here's my first attempt, a wing nut was the only nut the local hardware store had:

The 510 threaded part is a filed down thread adapter (to 601) soft soldered on. Inside is a copper or brass pin (I varied some there) and one of several schemes of Teflon insulation (it can get mighty hot).

Next I ordered some brass nuts from McMaster Carr and came to this solution (actually mighty handy IMO):

I even cobbled one up with no soldering, my 'five buck Ghetto Cera':

I took a lot of verbal abuse over that last one, but honest it works pretty well. It's a brass nut from M/C, a hardware store spring, an AW IMR 14500, a wad of foil and a dime. For safe transport you insert a nylon washer above the battery and drop it in a cigar tube from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-Airtight-Travel-Humidor-Cigars/dp/B001307MMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370662122&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar tube

There's also an outstanding 'ground up' vape another Member invented out of copper plumbing pieces. It needs hard soldering to attach the 3/8-24 nut IIRC but it is more compact than Cera by a fair bit and is IMO good looking to boot. But that's his baby, his photos are in over there too....

OF

DubCRider

Nice pics! The last one could be on to something....

Remove battery and compress spring to make your device ultra portable. Have a few different sized wads of foil for different cells, a small tube to compress it in, a charger, and your in business!

You can call it the OFpen!

PhotoRider

Well received my Gentleman's carts. First impression not positive.

I primed a cart per the instructions and video. The coil heated briefly (yes I know bad, but their instr.), loaded .1 gram, primed - hit lightly and watched it bubble. Then loaded another 0.2-.3g. Cycled power watching coil - fame-out and now the coil is open. I was using a standard 600mah Eg-Go-T.

Tried a 2nd cart. It primed and loaded some up, but it doesn't vape every much. The oil was put on the coil, but after a few light hits it just stops. The same amount in like a 710M does much more. What's the secret?

Kind of disappointed the 1st cart blew-up in seconds.

Not very impressed, but I'll keep an open mind - I opened a ticket with them.

Maybe the wickless design just is lighter in draw. Tastes great, but less filling... It ain't beer though :(

I also found one must be careful removing carts off E-Go-T's. If there is a slight amount of wax on the center contact and its cold - the center pin pulls out stuck to the cart. You can push it back it, but if you don't watch it you snap the wire... Notice chargers do this too.

Never had this with my Persei, omicron or a VMOD yet.

PhotoRider,

Erikim

For vaping butter, try an eGo battery with a classic 510 Low res atomizer and drip tip.

That's what I've been using on my ego twist batty. However , I get annoyed having to use a toothpick or something to move the wax back onto the coils. If I load up a small ball of wax, the coils will vape right through the middle, leaving two globs stuck on the side of the coils.

I do get some okay hits from it, and haven't tried loading more than a medium sized dabs worth.

This weekend, I'm either gonna pick up a vaped glass globe attachment, or a thread adaptor to use a 2.4 omicron cart. The glass globe looks interesting especially with its updated attomizer head, that has a lower ceramic cup. But it looks like something I can rig up with some DIY skills.

Hopefully with a omicron cart on the twist battery, I can get larger hits, and have enough voltage to vape through those damn clogs that always happen.

Other than that, still searching for big potent clouds. Lol

Erikim,

42wenty

Here's one of my pen set-ups. Uses a 510/808/901 style (eGo 1000-mA) battery with an RuVaped.com globe attachment with 'e-nail' heater.
The globe kit ($40 @ my LHS) came with four ceramic heaters, adapter, drip tip, and borosilicate globe. It works very well with wax, BHO, or shatter concentrates. I have not tried any hash or herbs yet, but it most likely wouldn't work.
I can usually get a couple sessions (maybe a full week) on a single charge, but this is not my primary piece (I prefer a rig for concentrates and tube for herb).
I've only used two heaters so far, and they last for at least a month or so before I need to clean them.

FD6B33C1-A65B-4445-B00B-7234174E6AFA-4955-000007D2DB189105_zps2569fbc6.jpg

PhotoRider

I made this pen holder for my desk for easy access to my go-to vaping pens:
Vaping-access-8.jpg

I like using a water pipe a.k.a. a bubbler around the house with my vaping pens. For easy travel around the house I made this little holder and stand for my go-to setup. Contains everything ya need for pen and nail vaping, but the torch of course. That's in da pocket.
Vaping-access-4.jpg

Vaping-access-5.jpg

Vaping-access-6.jpg

Vaping-access-7.jpg

For nightstand use I use this ultra portable rig:
Vaping-access-9.jpg

For capacity, I use the cheap Essential oiler cart loaded with about 0.4g for both of these. The bigger unit uses two pens and carries extra carts just in case. I made this little loading station or the carts. Easy access to trorch the carts to flow the wax. In can rotate the cart easy and hot the torch in 1 location.
Vaping-access-3.jpg

I don't know fellow vapes, but I am sure loving the pen delivery system and flow over dabbing. Nothing against dabbing, I may just not be worthy. After playing with an Eric Ross 4.0 breezeway the past few days in various bubblers (and my nails/skillets over time) dabbing is just (almost) too intense for my needs. It needs to be a serious situation to drag those puppies out. The vape pens are the go-to wax tools for me, bubbler or not. Enjoy :)

OF

For nightstand use I use this ultra portable rig:

Very cool stuff, I'm not sure if I like the above unit with the leather strap (biker roots there?) or the large base with the WT and all the gear (very hard to have an accident that way I'm thinking....).

Maybe I don't need a favorite, they all look useful and well thought out. Thanks for sharing, some useful 'food for thought' there for sure.

OF

PhotoRider

Very cool stuff, I'm not sure if I like the above unit with the leather strap (biker roots there?) or the large base with the WT and all the gear (very hard to have an accident that way I'm thinking....).

Maybe I don't need a favorite, they all look useful and well thought out. Thanks for sharing, some useful 'food for thought' there for sure.

OF
Different perspectives are always interesting. The wood piece was designed to secure the stuff. I was concerned I would knock the pipe over on my desk. I inserted a dozen 44 cal lead wad cutters in the bottom for weight and put a leather bottom on( it has a Harley brand on it :D). It don't move easy. Now the pipe can fall over. I am doing to get some larger silicon tubing 3/4" or so, fill it with lead shot - like #8-9 for small size and wrap it around on top of the pipe base inside the hole for weight. Then take plexiglass - like 1/16 thin and make a two piece clamp cover for the hole. That way its heavy, solid, doesn't slide and the whole thing must fall over to break. With the weight from lead and glass its will be pretty heavy I think. Time will tell - why its a budget pipe... The glass is pretty snug in the holes so it would really take a hit to pop one out, course it could shatter.

Just trying to find secure storage I guess. As it was the glass peices laying everywhere was a break in process.

LOL on the leather. Don't think it would hurt the pipe. it soft and non skid. Actually its not the biker roots, its a cut down strap from my Leica collection. Old school film photg with thick leather straps to stop camera loss when steet shooting. Actually this is gen 1 for a quick use. I want to go soft rubber and a small strap.

Yes, us biker people and especially the bad boy harley guys are pretty creative bunch, Never know when a party breaks out and we need a BBQ. We are nutz you know :D
hd-grill-400x250.jpg

I don't have a favorite, everything has a use and a trade-off :)

PhotoRider,

OF

Different perspectives are always interesting. The wood piece was designed to secure the stuff.

That was my take with 'hard to have an accident'. I like the choice of weights. While I've shot of .38 WCs I've never seen a .44. I've put a few hundred pounds of alloy in SWC form into the recycling program 240 grains at a time over the years, but not one true WC.

I like the idea of securing the WT, do you think velcro would do it? Fuzzy side on the bottom of the WT to make a pad of sorts?

The bike doesn't look all that comfortable for the long ride. But if you'd swap the BBQ part for a fuel tank you wouldn't have to gas up very often......

OF

OF,

PhotoRider

That was my take with 'hard to have an accident'. I like the choice of weights. While I've shot of .38 WCs I've never seen a .44. I've put a few hundred pounds of alloy in SWC form into the recycling program 240 grains at a time over the years, but not one true WC.

I like the idea of securing the WT, do you think velcro would do it? Fuzzy side on the bottom of the WT to make a pad of sorts?

The bike doesn't look all that comfortable for the long ride. But if you'd swap the BBQ part for a fuel tank you wouldn't have to gas up very often......

OF
I never shot a WC through any of mine either. I always use jacketed. Many of mine are ported so no lead... Costly when you must shoot 250 rounds/mo to keep your tactical range certification. My buddy moved, cleaned out his reloading stuff and handed me this box of 44 WC's. Didn't know what to do with them. Slowly usingthem in projects...

Yes velcro would work. Not thrilled about attaching it to the glas, but thinking about it - it wouldn't hurt anything. That may be the ticket. Going to try it :)

Not my bike and I get its trailered everywhere :) gimmick for sure. For me at my age a gas tank lasting longer than my bladder is almost too much. I did run out of gas on my touring bike on I5 outside Grants Pass on its long first trip. The remaining mileage as I past Roseburg said 100 miles - its about 60 to Grants Pass. In 25 miles it went to 10 miles and in 5 miles it went dry. Not a happy thought leaving a fully loaded touring bike on the side of the road and hiking :( Thank God it was at the top of a pass and I coasted to the next exit with a small gas station - about 2 miles. Stupid low tech Harley gauge - it takes 1000 miles for accuracy and I was daydreaming. Now a 1 gal gas tank in saddle bag. Thank God it wasn't in the middle of Utah. Sorry for the off topic, just on my mind as I pack to leave in the morning on the same bike and same route. Thinking what CA law handles out of state med patients. Don't want to get in trouble...

Thanks for the velco tip :)

OF

Yes velcro would work. Not thrilled about attaching it to the glas, but thinking about it - it wouldn't hurt anything. That may be the ticket. Going to try it :)

Thanks for the velco tip

You're welcome. The velcro I have has adhesive that can be easily removed with "Goo Gone" (hardware store item). Put several drops on the material, let it soak in for 10 minutes or so, and you can literally wipe the stuff off. I assume it's all the same, comes from one maker (3M?). If you put the hook part on the base, the loop part makes a useful pad on the bottom for if/when you take it off to protect the table from scratches even.

Good luck with you projects.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thinking what CA law handles out of state med patients. Don't want to get in trouble...

We don't recognize any medical paperwork from out of state. $100 fine (akin to an infraction) for less than an ounce of bud.

Quetzalcoatl,

PhotoRider

You're welcome. The velcro I have has adhesive that can be easily removed with "Goo Gone" (hardware store item). Put several drops on the material, let it soak in for 10 minutes or so, and you can literally wipe the stuff off. I assume it's all the same, comes from one maker (3M?). If you put the hook part on the base, the loop part makes a useful pad on the bottom for if/when you take it off to protect the table from scratches even.

Good luck with you projects.

OF
yep, use goo gone in the shop by the gal to remove wood resin from saw blades. Giving it a go plus the upside is the soft non skip bottom on the WT.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom